EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Rigbuilder12
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 119
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/11/20 05:27:57 (permalink)
lantern48
Is K-BOOST fixed?

This is all I care about^
Does K-Boost work yet?? What's the point of releasing updates?? If they don't fix the most important function of this tuner?? This is why people use PrecisonX over Msi Afterburner.........and it's still not fixed??!!???!!
Evga and PrecisionX has become somewhat of a joke as of late.........what use to be the best overclocking tuner......has now become the laughing stock of the overclocking community..............
GJ Evga, I hope you saved lots of $$ using this source or whoever wrote this hideously awful version of PrecisonX. 
post edited by Rigbuilder12 - 2014/11/20 05:39:24
toddnunez94
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/11/21 19:11:03 (permalink)
No matter what I do, I cannot get my 6GB 780's running at 1.200v. In the OSD, it will show 1.212, but it doesn't actually hit that. I use HWiNFO64, and it will say my voltate is at stock (1.150 and 1.165). I can't even overclock with any version past 4.2.1. Looks like I'll be using 4.2.1 again

Intel Core i7 - 4770k
EVGA GTX 780 6GB SC w/ACX SLI (2)
ASUS Maximus VI Hero
Corsair AX860
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866MHz
Corsair 750D
XSPC RX360, RX240, EX240
XSPC Photon 170 Tube Reservior/Pump Combo
XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
EK-FC780 GTX Ti Acetal Full Cover Blocks (2)
EK Parallel Terminal 3-Slot Dual
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/11/21 22:19:30 (permalink)
toddnunez94
No matter what I do, I cannot get my 6GB 780's running at 1.200v. In the OSD, it will show 1.212, but it doesn't actually hit that. I use HWiNFO64, and it will say my voltate is at stock (1.150 and 1.165). I can't even overclock with any version past 4.2.1. Looks like I'll be using 4.2.1 again

Refer to my post that was approximately 5 posts ago, referencing which softwares do not display voltage, and then GPU-z to monitor you voltage.

The over-volting problem isn't tied to the 5.2.5 or any concurrent series. It works flawless actually. The overclocking problem is something completely different. Also, voltage in 4.2.1 doesn't work at all, as I have also shown, so again, this proves that overclocking issues are not tied to voltage in the least.
DNOTTIS
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 526
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/11/22 14:09:43 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
toddnunez94
I still cannot add voltage to my 6GB 780's. I keep reverting back to 4.2.1, and then X16 comes out with an update. I try it, and it doesn't work. What the heck is going on EVGA? I'm running stock bios, and the max I can get in version 4.2.1 is 1.2v. When I go to set precision x 5.2.5 (or 5 version), it will on stay at stock speeds.. but in the OSD, it shows 1.212 or 1.3?

Any update on the problem with the 780 voltage?

I am going to address this post specifically, as I can get video, if you would like, and debunk this voltage thing right away.  Voltage is being applied, and it actually really good at applying what you set.

I just ran through 30 minutes of testing all sorts of voltages, under load and without load, overclocked and not, overvolted and not, until I crashed my computer completely, lol.

So, in Short.  GPU-Z shows the absolute closest voltage.  HWiNFO64 and Precision were WAY off.  
At stock the Multimeter reading was 1.033, GPU-z read 1.025, HWiNFO64 and Precision both read 1.021.  
Under load (no extra voltage, just for testing) DMM 1.2v, GPU-Z 1.18v, Precision and HWiNFO64 1.175.  
For the next test, I simply overvolted to 1.225 in precision, no Overclock or load at all: DMM. 1.233v, GPU-Z 1.219v... HWiNFO64 and precision 1.021...
Overvolted to 1.225, No Overclock, with a load DMM: 1.25 (the extra .025mv is notorious to the 780Ti cards, and no surprise)!! GPU-Z 1.211 (so close)... Precision and HWiNFO64: 1.175 (nope)...
*last second test: Overvolt to 1.25v with no load: 1.261v GPU-Z: 1.244v (closest I have seen on any software) HWiNFO64 and Prec: 1.025
Overvolt to 1.25v under load: DMM 1.277 GPU-Z: 1.244v and HwINFO64 and Prec: 1.175v.

HWiNFO is not accurate.  It chooses, just like Precision, to display whatever it feels like.  This is the first time, with the updated GPU-Z, that I have seen ANY software read so close to the actual set voltage.  One more test. Going to set Prec to 1.3v and see what DMM and GPU-z say. 
DMM: 1.309v and GPU-Z reads out 1.296.  That is by far the best software read outs I have seen, so I highly suggest, from this moment on, to utilize GPU-Z and test out your cards that way.  Granted, if I were to put the card under load at 1.3v, it would read 1.325v at the DMM and 1.296 on GPU-Z, but that is still incredibly close (30mv difference) to what is reality.. 

Now, I am uninstalling 5.2.5 and reverting back to 4.2.1 for further test.  I am not overclocking, because the claim is that the overvolting isn't working.. which is clearly working just fine while all of the software is wrong.  I am pretty sure the overclock itself is tied to Precision, and the overvolting you are experiencing has nothing to do with your frustrations.  You may consider your card voltage locked in the bios, but I tested mine on the EVGA voltage locked bios, and as we can see, it works just fine.  I did push my cards up to 1.25v and was awarded a BSOD... LOL.. I am guessing that was the voltage lock screaming no, but I have no idea, as usually the drivers crash.

So Preliminary Run:

4.2.1 Stock settings
DMM reads 1.033v
precision 1.024v
HWiNFO64 1.025v
gpu-z: 1.021v

Overvolt to +75mV with no load:
DMM: 1.033v
Pre... just read the lines above, no change at all, on anything.

Overvolt to +75mV and underload.. Exactly the same.  No changes at all.  

I think your overclock is limited to the software, but the voltage is NOT your problem.  Please do note that when the Classified line came out, the overvolting in precision did nothing to help, and then was topped off with the low cap anyway.. If the user didn't have a EVBot, they could do nothing, so they resorted to the ClassyVoltage Tool software, that someone with a 10 pound brain made, and boom, better overvolting was allowed, which allowed for much better overclocking.

I have a feeling that 4.2.1 likes your cards for overclocking, but there may be some other form of magic working against you.  I can promise you, after testing this for the last hour now, that the voltage section works just fine. 

I would highly suggest moving the symptoms you are having over to the EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.5 bug report thread.. so that maybe they can catch the bug that is happening in your system.  There could be many things causing it, and there could even be someone else that helps you get the bug worked out that you are experiencing.  

If you would like me to test something else, just let me know.  I have almost all of the versions saved on my computer, and I can get the ones I don't have for further testing.  If you wish to have video, it will be cell phone video, until I can get the second system back up and running with a capture card.  I took a bunch of screen shots, but don't want to spam this thread just for this purpose.  The numbers clearly don't lie though, so I am not sure the pictures would help anyway.

This may be something with the particular bios on his cards not working with the newer version of precision.  That may be why 4.2.1 works better for him.

Just tossing it out there.  

2600k @ 4.6ghz, G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3, Asus P8P67 LGA, X-Fi Ti PCI-e, Zotac GTX 680, Coolermaster UCP 1100 watt PSU, Lian Li v-2000, Custom Water Cooled GPU and CPU. 
JacobKlein
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 131
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/11/22 21:46:16 (permalink)
I have determined that the problems I'm having in HearthStone (where the UI will freeze entirely, even though the game+sounds is still running) .... is caused by eVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.5. And I wasn't even using OSD - the toggle setting was set to off.

Please fix this.
post edited by JacobKlein - 2014/11/22 22:19:26
landerx74
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 143
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/11/23 18:17:10 (permalink)
It would be nice to see the profile we are running just from right clicking the icon on our taskbar.  
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/11/23 18:38:48 (permalink)
DNOTTIS

This may be something with the particular bios on his cards not working with the newer version of precision.  That may be why 4.2.1 works better for him.

Exactly what I am getting at. Many people are blaming very specific things.

The old versions had many reiterations, and I guarantee they had issues from the start and eventually worked them out. This new version isn't made by the same person, so it is going to take time to work out new things.

I definitely encourage people to post the issues, but don't point fingers and swear there is an issue, when it isn't what is causing the problem. I only provided that the voltage isn't the problem. The bios and UI may very well be the issue, but the voltage control works surprisingly well.

My main concern in his issue is the actual bios. Is it voltage locked (I am not sure), and is why is he using software to justify his claims, that doesn't work. I have provided clarification the shows what works, now to figure out what doesnt work so he can get to better overclocking.
JacobKlein
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/11/26 05:24:09 (permalink)
I am convinced that OSD is interfering with games, even when OSD is set to Off! After about 2-3 minutes of gameplay, even when OSD was off, iRacing will stop being able to take screenshots, and Hearthstone's UI will stop responding!

Workaround:
- Turn on OSD (which should place a "EVGA PrecisionX 16 Server" icon in your system tray)
- Click that Server icon to launch the "Server settings"
- Add your game's executables to the unlabeled "exclusion list", and click OK.
- Turn off OSD (assuming you didn't want to use it at all in the first place)
- Now your games will run fine 

Come on EVGA! Please respond, and please fix this!
post edited by JacobKlein - 2014/11/26 05:32:11
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/11/26 05:42:14 (permalink)
JacobKlein
I am convinced that OSD is interfering with games, even when OSD is set to Off! After about 2-3 minutes of gameplay, even when OSD was off, iRacing will stop being able to take screenshots, and Hearthstone's UI will stop responding!

Workaround:
- Turn on OSD (which should place a "EVGA PrecisionX 16 Server" icon in your system tray)
- Click that Server icon to launch the "Server settings"
- Add your game's executables to the unlabeled "exclusion list", and click OK.
- Turn off OSD (assuming you didn't want to use it at all in the first place)
- Now your games will run fine 

Come on EVGA! Please respond, and please fix this!

5.2.6 came out already.  Please do not type in giant text, as it does nothing but look bad.. There have been many updates to 5.2.6, so maybe look before posting this next time?  Not sure if it fixes the issue you have, but at least try it before doing this.  and type smaller.
JacobKlein
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/11/26 12:41:00 (permalink)
5.2.6 was not released at the time of my post.
And EVGA not responding... looks bad, not my post.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/11/26 16:15:43 (permalink)
JacobKlein
5.2.6 was not released at the time of my post.
And EVGA not responding... looks bad, not my post.

Yes, it was released, 12 hours before your post. Hence why I said it was out 10 minutes after you posted.

EVGA has responded in previous threads. This is a brand new software. If you are expecting perfection, go back to tried and true. Until then, expect there to be conflicts as they iron out all of the work that took years to perfect in the past. Even scientist get things wrong, don't expect everything to be perfect the moment it is released. They are working on it. They have been releasing updates for this quicker than their $400 motherboards, so don't say they aren't trying at least.
JacobKlein
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/11/26 19:00:00 (permalink)
This is new software that was a bit rushed.

I am not expecting perfection; I am expecting existing features to not be broken. The tried and true, version 4.2.1, is no-longer readily available on the web, even though I have my copy sitting right here. I am a scientist, and I know things get wrong, but I fix them. I understand they are working on the fixes, but they are doing a terrible job at communicating what they acknowledge as broken, and what they are going to fix, and when. They are trying to patch it up, sure, but they are doing so very secretly.

I have high expectations, and I hope EVGA can satisfy them, hopefully with more transparency.

Oh, and for your reference, 5.2.6 was not released when I started writing the post, and is also not currently detected when checking for updates from 5.2.5. Sorry I didn't manually check the web before hitting submit. 5.2.6 fixed 1 of the 3 bugs that I've been wanting fixed. The program is still unusable on stock settings, for my main two games, iRacing and Hearthstone.

Happy Thanksgiving
post edited by JacobKlein - 2014/11/26 19:03:17
toddnunez94
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/11/26 19:28:55 (permalink)
DNOTTIS
Scarlet-Tech
toddnunez94
I still cannot add voltage to my 6GB 780's. I keep reverting back to 4.2.1, and then X16 comes out with an update. I try it, and it doesn't work. What the heck is going on EVGA? I'm running stock bios, and the max I can get in version 4.2.1 is 1.2v. When I go to set precision x 5.2.5 (or 5 version), it will on stay at stock speeds.. but in the OSD, it shows 1.212 or 1.3?

Any update on the problem with the 780 voltage?

I am going to address this post specifically, as I can get video, if you would like, and debunk this voltage thing right away.  Voltage is being applied, and it actually really good at applying what you set.

I just ran through 30 minutes of testing all sorts of voltages, under load and without load, overclocked and not, overvolted and not, until I crashed my computer completely, lol.

So, in Short.  GPU-Z shows the absolute closest voltage.  HWiNFO64 and Precision were WAY off.  
At stock the Multimeter reading was 1.033, GPU-z read 1.025, HWiNFO64 and Precision both read 1.021.  
Under load (no extra voltage, just for testing) DMM 1.2v, GPU-Z 1.18v, Precision and HWiNFO64 1.175.  
For the next test, I simply overvolted to 1.225 in precision, no Overclock or load at all: DMM. 1.233v, GPU-Z 1.219v... HWiNFO64 and precision 1.021...
Overvolted to 1.225, No Overclock, with a load DMM: 1.25 (the extra .025mv is notorious to the 780Ti cards, and no surprise)!! GPU-Z 1.211 (so close)... Precision and HWiNFO64: 1.175 (nope)...
*last second test: Overvolt to 1.25v with no load: 1.261v GPU-Z: 1.244v (closest I have seen on any software) HWiNFO64 and Prec: 1.025
Overvolt to 1.25v under load: DMM 1.277 GPU-Z: 1.244v and HwINFO64 and Prec: 1.175v.

HWiNFO is not accurate.  It chooses, just like Precision, to display whatever it feels like.  This is the first time, with the updated GPU-Z, that I have seen ANY software read so close to the actual set voltage.  One more test. Going to set Prec to 1.3v and see what DMM and GPU-z say. 
DMM: 1.309v and GPU-Z reads out 1.296.  That is by far the best software read outs I have seen, so I highly suggest, from this moment on, to utilize GPU-Z and test out your cards that way.  Granted, if I were to put the card under load at 1.3v, it would read 1.325v at the DMM and 1.296 on GPU-Z, but that is still incredibly close (30mv difference) to what is reality.. 

Now, I am uninstalling 5.2.5 and reverting back to 4.2.1 for further test.  I am not overclocking, because the claim is that the overvolting isn't working.. which is clearly working just fine while all of the software is wrong.  I am pretty sure the overclock itself is tied to Precision, and the overvolting you are experiencing has nothing to do with your frustrations.  You may consider your card voltage locked in the bios, but I tested mine on the EVGA voltage locked bios, and as we can see, it works just fine.  I did push my cards up to 1.25v and was awarded a BSOD... LOL.. I am guessing that was the voltage lock screaming no, but I have no idea, as usually the drivers crash.

So Preliminary Run:

4.2.1 Stock settings
DMM reads 1.033v
precision 1.024v
HWiNFO64 1.025v
gpu-z: 1.021v

Overvolt to +75mV with no load:
DMM: 1.033v
Pre... just read the lines above, no change at all, on anything.

Overvolt to +75mV and underload.. Exactly the same.  No changes at all.  

I think your overclock is limited to the software, but the voltage is NOT your problem.  Please do note that when the Classified line came out, the overvolting in precision did nothing to help, and then was topped off with the low cap anyway.. If the user didn't have a EVBot, they could do nothing, so they resorted to the ClassyVoltage Tool software, that someone with a 10 pound brain made, and boom, better overvolting was allowed, which allowed for much better overclocking.

I have a feeling that 4.2.1 likes your cards for overclocking, but there may be some other form of magic working against you.  I can promise you, after testing this for the last hour now, that the voltage section works just fine. 

I would highly suggest moving the symptoms you are having over to the EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.5 bug report thread.. so that maybe they can catch the bug that is happening in your system.  There could be many things causing it, and there could even be someone else that helps you get the bug worked out that you are experiencing.  

If you would like me to test something else, just let me know.  I have almost all of the versions saved on my computer, and I can get the ones I don't have for further testing.  If you wish to have video, it will be cell phone video, until I can get the second system back up and running with a capture card.  I took a bunch of screen shots, but don't want to spam this thread just for this purpose.  The numbers clearly don't lie though, so I am not sure the pictures would help anyway.

So I finally got Precision X to work. I decided to wait a few days before installing it, and when I did, I noticed that 5.2.6 was available. I installed it and everything is working perfectly (not sure if 5.2.6 fixed the issue, or if there was nothing wrong in the first place with the software). I'm saying that because I also uninstalled the NVidia drivers and converted back to 337.88, which is a couple months old. So my only guess to what fixed the voltage problem with my 6GB 780's was either the new Nvidia drivers, or the Precision X Software. But for now, its working perfectly. Couldn't be any more happier.

Intel Core i7 - 4770k
EVGA GTX 780 6GB SC w/ACX SLI (2)
ASUS Maximus VI Hero
Corsair AX860
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866MHz
Corsair 750D
XSPC RX360, RX240, EX240
XSPC Photon 170 Tube Reservior/Pump Combo
XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
EK-FC780 GTX Ti Acetal Full Cover Blocks (2)
EK Parallel Terminal 3-Slot Dual
SkipPerk
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/12/23 22:01:53 (permalink)
Around this time Precision X results in unplayable Starcraft 2. The cursor disappears.

I love this software, but I was forced to uninstall. I have used my old 660ti disc to install an old version, but I would rather overclock my new 970 with something better.

GTX-970 SC
FX-8150
GA-970-D3
Corsair Vengeance 16gb
Intel 530 120gb
Toshiba 480gb SSD
Hitachi Ultrastar 2T
XFX 850W pro
Corsair H50
Bunch a Noctua, Noiseblocker & Corsair fans
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 5.2.5 Released 2014/12/24 08:09:19 (permalink)
SkipPerk
Around this time Precision X results in unplayable Starcraft 2. The cursor disappears.

I love this software, but I was forced to uninstall. I have used my old 660ti disc to install an old version, but I would rather overclock my new 970 with something better.

Version 5.2.is the newest version.  You revived the 5.2.5 thread for some reason.
http://forums.evga.com/EVGA-PrecisionX-16-527-m2268682.aspx

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile