Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 12
Author
devlin85
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 586
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2014/11/15 08:36:29 (permalink)
So with all the chatter about insane point returns and only seeing the results in number stat form, I wanted to see for myself. I bought a "New R-Box" with Gen3 chips for $67 bucks on amazon. And at that price point and production/watt this is the best home use version to get. Especially when compared to those USB asic sticks that are being talked about, even the 1-2gh/s ones still use 5 watts of power minimum, so with simple math there it doesn't make much sense, and those are 10-20 bucks each.  The R-Box doesn't get beat on performance until you get into the high end blade models with over 1TH/s. It also easily matches the performance of the antminers and if you want 400 GH/s buy 4 of em, it's also cheaper than the antminers so you'll win in the end.. Anyway this box only uses 100 watts, and less if you have a good enough power supply. And produces 100-110GH/s. So 1-1.1Gh/s per watt (that's non OC'd so the numbers can be even greater).

The results are in no other words: sickening! In 1 day it will accumulate on bitcoin utopia as many points as I have produced in the past 6 months on all other projects and that's been 24/7 crunching. I just moved into team rank 13 with 84½ million points moments before cranking this thing on. 

If I choose to run only 20GH+ projects at stock clock frequency with an average completion time of 18 minutes you're talking a gob smacking 96 MILLION points a day.. 

Rockminer Install Instructions:

1. See the written guide one eyeboot's website it may solve a lot of your issues.

2. Download Zadig Windows Driver: http://j.mp/ZadigUSBdriver This has multiple drivers for your system, try them all and see which one works for you. I had to open it as administrator and install the first one twice to get it to work for me. And the first one on the list was the one that did work with BOINC for me but from what I have read some newer systems might require the WCID driver (I'm running on XP). If your device isn't showing up click "Options" and "List All Devices".

3. Download cgminer from: http://j.mp/RBOXcgminer (This one is verified safe and works with the rbox) at first setup you should test out your miner, check speed, check temps, put it through it's paces before dedicating it to mining on BOINC.

BOINC Install Instructions:

1. Get newest version of BOINC, don't listen to everybody saying prior to 7.4.12 or some specific version.

2. Setup cc_config.xml before downloading project. If you have GPU's make sure you exclude them, by type is the easiest in this case. The simplest way to create a cc_config file is to open up notepad, enter the information below, and save it as "cc_config.xml" (with save as type set to all files) in the BOINC data directory. See the cc_config setup guide from boinc for more information on data directory locations and more settings.

These are my personal settings:

<cc_config>
<options>
<exclude_gpu>
<url>http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoinutopia/</url>
<type>NVIDIA</type>
</exclude_gpu>
<report_results_immediately>1</report_results_immediately>
<skip_cpu_benchmarks>1</skip_cpu_benchmarks>
<coproc>
<type>miner_asic</type>
<count>1</count>
</coproc>
</options>
</cc_config>

3. Adjust project settings on website to suite your asic miner. They have 333MH/s, 1GH/s, and 20+GH/s projects specifically for ASIC's. Unless you have a blade miner, the blade projects will fail, eventually fail, they just stall out..

4. Add bitcoin utopia to your boinc manager.

5. This step is not necessary but here is where you can tweak your settings, overclock, etc. Setup an app_config.xml in the same way you created the cc_config from above and enter the information below. See the app_config guide from boinc for more information and settings.

These are the settings from bitcoin utopias forum post.
<app_config>
<app>
<name>appname</name>
<max_concurrent>1</max_concurrent> //remove this line for 7.4.22 clients
</app>
<app_version>
<app_name>appname</app_name>
<plan_class>miner_asic</plan_class> //for 7.4.22 clients
<cmdline>--anu-freq xxx</cmdline>
</app_version>
</app_config>

* --anu-freq xxx is only for Over Clocking (CHANGE xxx to desired frequency)
for rockminers --rock-freq xxx  [or]  --rmu-freq xxx  (default is 290 use up to 350)

Here is the code I use in my app_config settings which has settings for the 3 running projects and at 320 Mhz:

<app_config>
<app_version>
<app_name>cgminer-rbox_5</app_name>
<plan_class>miner_asic</plan_class>
<cmdline>--rock-freq 320</cmdline>
</app_version>

<app_version>
<app_name>cgminer-rbox_4</app_name>
</app_version>

<app_version>
<app_name>C-cgminer-rbox</app_name>
</app_version>

</app_config>

post edited by devlin85 - 2014/11/29 14:29:37

Attached Image(s)

"Science is much more than a body of knowledge. It is a way of thinking. This is central to its success. Science invites us to let the facts in, even when they don’t conform to our preconceptions." -Carl Sagan

My EVGA Affiliate Code: 50OAGU54AO

354 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/15 21:20:46 (permalink)
    So we can Collect the Points and Crunch for a Cause and Send the Coin to Where?

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

devlin85
    SSC Member
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/15 21:28:02 (permalink)
    Basically you're mining with bitcoin utopia's usernames and then money get's sent to whichever project it was running for. Sever costs for boincstats was a project that literally just ran out of work. The other 2 are the mars colonization project and milkyway@home server costs.

If you mine for yourself they will of course accept donations  so you can directly donate bitcoins to them as well..

But once you get it set up in BOINC it acts just like a GPU, you can set it up for anonymous donation as well if you have a miner that isn't compatible with boinc. But that isn't many.

And my charts become laughable.. see the full scale damage on all my boincstats charts.

post edited by devlin85 - 2014/11/15 21:45:59

Attached Image(s)

"Science is much more than a body of knowledge. It is a way of thinking. This is central to its success. Science invites us to let the facts in, even when they don’t conform to our preconceptions." -Carl Sagan

Orange_1050
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1202
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/16 08:10:47 (permalink)
    Darn greedy on the pie there devlin

I have watched teams With suspiciously few members making hilarious numbers, and found out they had a miner or two.
    I also thought miners had an insane ATI card farm.
    I'm happy to see I was wrong.
    Obviously you don't have to rob a bank to make those numbers.
    Mining is a direction to go for those who feel for it. Even if I don't feel for it myself, I find it interesting to observe.
    A fresh breeze for Our team I think.
    Go devlin

Attached Image(s)

My Virgin Prime: 433*2^2188076+1 (658680 digits)

cuarc001
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 509
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/16 09:17:54 (permalink)
    I support the idea behind BU, but I do hate what the insane point rewards has done for the BOINC community over all.I had ran a couple ASICs for a small period of time to do some testing of the project and even set up a second account so that my numbers wouldn't continue to be bloated while I decided on supporting the project. I now feel it is fine to support but will only run them if I have access to free electricity at the time. I will say that in a matter of less than a week, I had generated 900 million points with just the miner. If  you look at the HardOCPtest account, that is basically what it was doing.

For those that get discouraged about trying to compete for world position with BOINC combined can be eased by considering watching Free-DC stats instead of BOINCStats. Free-DC has a couple links to the left to compare BOINC projects that don't relate to cryptocurrencies. BOINCStats has not made any announcements about possibly adding that feature that I have seen.

Gilthanis - HardForums [H] DC'er of the Month 7/13, 7/14 and [H] DC'er of the Year 2014

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/16 09:24:55 (permalink)
    From Post: http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2252636

I think I will call you Bad Grandpa from now on.
    To be honest I think you should Crunch this only under a different Account Name and not under a team name as well. But this is only me.

This is from today alone:
    Team Crunching@EVGA 
    Milestones Today
    Crunching@EVGA passes 75,000,000
    Crunching@EVGA passes 80,000,000
    Crunching@EVGA passes 85,000,000
    Crunching@EVGA passes 90,000,000
    Crunching@EVGA passes 95,000,000
    Crunching@EVGA passes 100,000,000
    Crunching@EVGA passes 110,000,000
    Crunching@EVGA passes 120,000,000
    Crunching@EVGA passes 130,000,000
    Crunching@EVGA passes 140,000,000
    Devlin85 passes 140,000,000

It might show EVGA is heading to collecting Coins now.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2014/11/16 09:43:57

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/16 09:27:15 (permalink)
    cuarc001
    I support the idea behind BU, but I do hate what the insane point rewards has done for the BOINC community over all.I had ran a couple ASICs for a small period of time to do some testing of the project and even set up a second account so that my numbers wouldn't continue to be bloated while I decided on supporting the project. I now feel it is fine to support but will only run them if I have access to free electricity at the time. I will say that in a matter of less than a week, I had generated 900 million points with just the miner. If  you look at the HardOCPtest account, that is basically what it was doing.

For those that get discouraged about trying to compete for world position with BOINC combined can be eased by considering watching Free-DC stats instead of BOINCStats. Free-DC has a couple links to the left to compare BOINC projects that don't relate to cryptocurrencies. BOINCStats has not made any announcements about possibly adding that feature that I have seen.

+1
    I would also say that cryptocurrencies under BOINC should not be done under a Team but only self and a different Account Name.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2014/11/16 09:34:41

Punchy
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2969
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/16 10:43:19 (permalink)
    There seem to be some parallels here between an existing disparity between CPU and GPU BOINC points and a new disparity between GPU and mining points.  I long ago gave up the notion that I could compete on overall BOINC points using only CPUs.  The biggest difference I can see is that at least the CPU and GPU computations were always doing some sort of useful scientific computation, while the mining is only indirectly beneficial to science and the computations have no value on their own.  I don't think these mining points belong in BOINC statistics at all.

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/16 11:35:18 (permalink)
    Punchy
    There seem to be some parallels here between an existing disparity between CPU and GPU BOINC points and a new disparity between GPU and mining points.  I long ago gave up the notion that I could compete on overall BOINC points using only CPUs.  The biggest difference I can see is that at least the CPU and GPU computations were always doing some sort of useful scientific computation, while the mining is only indirectly beneficial to science and the computations have no value on their own.  I don't think these mining points belong in BOINC statistics at all.

I Second That Nomination.

devlin85
    SSC Member
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/16 13:01:40 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    Punchy

I Second That Nomination.

AGREED! I like what free-dc stats did.. wish everybody would jump on that band wagon!

The more I look through the stats basically all the teams above rank 50 have hardcore bitcoin crunchers. There's not too many anymore that are purely GPU and CPU. I can't wait to see what my production for today will be though 

cuarc001
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 509
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/16 13:10:34 (permalink)
    The point of making a single account for it using the team name was that I have also provided the weak account key. This way if anyone wanted to contribute anonymously without individuals from the team attacking them, they could. I have also made that account at most BOINC projects for the same reason. Not everyone may care about getting credit for their contribution, but they may care about social backlash. I was accused by another team member for doing it only for the points when I'm one of the few team members that take initiative. Since I tend to be the one many of them go to for BOINC information, it only made sense for me to test. However, the experience showed me the potential need for anonymity. So, the account remains for that reason alone.

Gilthanis - HardForums [H] DC'er of the Month 7/13, 7/14 and [H] DC'er of the Year 2014

devlin85
    SSC Member
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/16 13:11:45 (permalink)
    Orange_1050
    Darn greedy on the pie there devlin

I have watched teams With suspiciously few members making hilarious numbers, and found out they had a miner or two.
    I also thought miners had an insane ATI card farm.
    I'm happy to see I was wrong.
    Obviously you don't have to rob a bank to make those numbers.
    Mining is a direction to go for those who feel for it. Even if I don't feel for it myself, I find it interesting to observe.
    A fresh breeze for Our team I think.
    Go devlin

Gimme that PIEEEEEEE!!!! I'm pac-man'in this beast! 

It is insane, I tried mining with my nvidia cards and could barely get over 110 MH/s! Running a couple instances on my 780 I got like 180 MH/s..  after a full day I maybe got 50,000 points. So unless the ati cards are ludicrously better it's way too much watt per hash! You just can't compete with those ASIC miners in mining..

A cheap blade server with 1TH/s is near a grand in cost, yet you could buy 10 of these for ~$670 and get the same output and watt usage.. You literally have to spend $1800 on a 2+TH/s to get down into the 1.5-2GH/s per watt range. So if you want to jump into the bitcoin band wagon.. I recommend the R-Box series. They also make a 400-440GH/s model for around 250, so same price as 4 of the 100GH/s models. (the antminer equivalent is 300-400)  

Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 25794
    • Ribbons : 110
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/19 05:40:05 (permalink)
    Punchy

+9000

Here is why for me...

Historically crunching has never been about points. And it took a good amount of time to get badges/points. Now this mining stuff is causing the same issue we had with BigAdv in Folding... And we all know where that has lead. Even to teams leaving folding all together, not just individuals.

My hope is we can let those who like to run up numbers, run them. And those who crunch for cures or science do as they like as well (Well and or both). As long as we as a team do not allow the ego part to ever come into play, it should work itself out as to what the plan is going to be for mining...

For 98% of us, crunching is about helping science in one way or another. No need to let the crazy mining thing damage the team of BOINC as a whole...

devlin85
    SSC Member
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/19 09:27:32 (permalink)
    Afterburner

My hope is we can let those who like to run up numbers, run them. And those who crunch for cures or science do as they like as well (Well and or both). As long as we as a team do not allow the ego part to ever come into play, it should work itself out as to what the plan is going to be for mining...

Ah afterburner, you're like a breath of fresh air . Coming to the party with words of wisdom. I'm all in for everything, points, achievements, and of course the science!

I'm shutting the miner down after I hit 7 days anyway and switching it to personal use, I've been OC'ing it and getting even more insane results. My initial estimate of 96 million points/day was very close. Letting it run with no OC settings was producing 103 Million/day. OC'd to 340 and it went up to ~135 Million/day. OC'd to 350 (Max Suggested) and it's getting over 150 Million/day!

So 147 million points per day for something that's 70 bucks. If points is what you're after this is it. But it sure isn't science, it's just fundraising which is why I suspect the point value is so ludicrous. To persuade the masses to contribute. They have individual projects for CPU, GPU, and ASIC/Blade miners. They could have easily restricted the points for ASIC/Blade miners and upped the points on the CPU/GPU miners. But like I said, I think they're just trying to lure people over with points, it does work. There's only 1,000 people even on bit-con utopia and the numbers are so stupid. STE\/E [BlackOpsTeam] for example is producing 2 billion points a day (and I've seen high as 4) and will be the number one combined in the stats soon enough. His team is flying up the list too producing 6-7billion/day.

The stats just need to be separated like on Free-DC where there is a list eliminating bitcoin utopia, or taken even further.. Have a science stats/non science stats or Science/fundrasing.. etc..
    post edited by devlin85 - 2014/11/19 09:34:05

Attached Image(s)

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/19 11:28:13 (permalink)
    Removed
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2014/11/19 15:36:24

planetclown
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1692
    • Ribbons : 15
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/19 12:07:30 (permalink)
    I agree with what's already been said.  

Since GPU projects give more points than CPU, I try to ignore overall BOINC points.  Instead I pay more attention to my points compared to the everyone else on the team within a specific BOINC project, and try to make headway there.

Except in BTC Utopia, I concede victory to Devlin there.  
    post edited by planetclown - 2014/11/19 12:09:52

EVGA Associates code: OLY2307BPM0MXZU Click for a discount on your next purchase from EVGA.com

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/19 20:16:26 (permalink)
    Be care of where you download CGMiner so far 9 out of 10 downloads that I have found have a Virus in the Zip File.
    http://www.eyeboot.com/rbox-setup-guide and http://www.mediafire.com/download/fkkrvgyb54yi3b7/rbox_cgminer.rar
    Are the best place for the R-Box

So far this is the only one that did not have a virus in it. http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/4.7/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/cgminer.mirror/ Looks ok
    http://cryptomining-blog.com/1262-download-cgminer-3-7-2-for-windows-scrypt-mining-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics/ 
    and
    http://cryptomining-blog.com/626-download-cgminer-3-7-3-karloth-with-gpu-support-for-windows/ Looks ok
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2014/11/19 20:38:21

devlin85
    SSC Member
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/20 10:50:06 (permalink)
    That is clever, embed a virus into mining software, someones making some serious scratch of that scam! So definitely scan your downloads!! R-box needs the one from eyeboot.com anyway. Thanks for all the links.

Id10t: I've been mining for a year now, why have I not gotten 1 single deposit!? 

(Id10t error, maybe you've heard of it = polite way for us techs to say it's the user's fault in front of them without pissing them off )
    post edited by devlin85 - 2014/11/20 10:53:22

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/20 16:12:04 (permalink)
    2. Setup cc_config What is the file name and location of this config file?
        <cc_config>
    5. Adjust OC settings is this the app_config.xml file?
       <app_config>

Found info under http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoinutopia/forum_thread.php?id=303&postid=1409#1409
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2014/11/20 16:32:15

devlin85
    SSC Member
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/20 17:46:24 (permalink)
    cc_config is in the main boinc data directory (create a text file, rename it cc_config.xml).

yes, OC settings go into the app_config.xml which is in the project's directory. 

<cmdline>--anu-freq xxx</cmdline>

* --anu-freq xxx is only for OC (CHANGE xxx to desired frequency)

* for rockminers --rock-freq xxx [or] --rmu-freq xxx (default is 290 use up to 350)

Viper97
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5208
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/20 17:49:37 (permalink)
    BC... stop it!!!!! You are moving to fast for me... can we slow down. 

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/20 17:54:10 (permalink)
    I have stopped all actions. I get one RockMiner New R-Box 2.0 on Monday or Tuesday next week.
    I have changed back to Crunching@EVGA so all is back to what it was and I delete the team name.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2014/11/20 17:57:30

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/20 19:35:46 (permalink)
    This is what I am starting with:
    The app_config.xml File

<app_config>
     <app>
      <name>C-cgminer-rbox</name>
      <max_concurrent>1</max_concurrent>
     </app>
      <app_version>
      <app_name>C-cgminer-rbox</app_name>
      <cmdline>--rock-freq 350</cmdline>
      <cmdline>--usb 1:1</cmdline>
     <app>
      <name>cgminer-rbox_4</name>
      <max_concurrent>1</max_concurrent>
     </app>
     <app_version>
      <app_name>cgminer-rbox_4</app_name>
      <cmdline>--rock-freq 350</cmdline>
      <cmdline>--usb 1:2</cmdline>
     </app_version>
    </app_config>

The cc_config.xml File
    <cc_config>
     <options>
     <coproc>
     <type>miner_asic</type>
     <count>2</count>
     </coproc>
     </options>
    </cc_config>

* --anu-freq xxx is only for OC (CHANGE xxx to desired frequency)
    * for rockminers --rock-freq xxx  [or]  --rmu-freq xxx  (default is 290 use up to 350)

appnames:
    cgminer (Campaign #3) (for 20+GH/s ASICs)
     - appname = C-cgminer-rbox
     - time_limit = 7200s
     - 20480 shares
     - prefer for Rockminers (Rbox) and similar high end machines

cgminer (Campaign #4) (for 20+GH/s ASICs)
     - appname = cgminer-rbox_4
     - time_limit = 5400s
     - 20480 shares
     - prefer for Rockminers (Rbox) and similar high end machines

cgminer Test Command
    You need to check the --usb option with cgminer -ndevs where an usb miner is connected on which port.
    If you have more or less miners change it to your own config.
    cgminer --ndevs -n

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2014/11/21 11:25:31

Viper97
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5208
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/21 04:59:53 (permalink)
    It appears my miner will be here Monday... but I have lots to do already so may be awhile before I can play.

devlin85
    SSC Member
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/21 08:16:44 (permalink)
    And it does look like bitcoin utopia has their own version of cgminer they use were "--rock-freq xxx" is what you have to use for OC'ing rockminers. If you use the "--rmu-freq xxx" it will crash/computation error instantly.

Which is the opposite case for the cgminer you download for personal use. 
    post edited by devlin85 - 2014/11/21 08:17:56

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/21 11:23:32 (permalink)
    Yes I am CrunchForCoin I will test under this account and it is not part of EVGA's Teams or
    I still Wish I could use Mining@EVGA but I will test without a Team
    I posted about a Virus Today.
    New this week so look out http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoinutopia/forum_thread.php?id=621
    11/21/2014 11:43:29 AM Deleted User Name C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Desktop\minerd.exe RDN/Generic PUP.x!c2b (Potentially Unwanted Program)
    and
    11/21/2014 12:01:18 No Action Taken ODS[5416] C:\ProgramData\BOINC\slots\5\minerd.exe Artemis!636882CE4082 (Trojan)

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2014/11/21 11:27:57

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/21 11:26:33 (permalink)
    devlin85
    And it does look like bitcoin utopia has their own version of cgminer they use were "--rock-freq xxx" is what you have to use for OC'ing rockminers. If you use the "--rmu-freq xxx" it will crash/computation error instantly.

Which is the opposite case for the cgminer you download for personal use. 

Good catch, Thanks.
    So the rest for BOINC looks OK then?

devlin85
    SSC Member
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/22 08:40:13 (permalink)
    Yup, looks good! I can't vouch for the usb options because I only have one asic, but from what I have read that's not USUALLY necessary, specifying the amount of ASIC's you have in the cc_config is SUPPOSED to be all you need. It's only when BOINC isn't processing/seeing them all, or if you want to split up the task work, and from what I quickly noticed it was processing WAY more campaign 3's than 4's when they were both selected (nearly double) so that might be necessary if you want an even split. 

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/22 09:58:40 (permalink)
    I am starting this up on Monday or Tuesday of next week.
    I will run under the Team Mining@EVGA under CrunchForCoin.

Users can use the Team Testing@EVGA for testing of Projects this way we can see how the out come would really look and if maybe we should or should not allow Mining under our Official Crunching@EVGA Team. My thought is still Mining should not be part of Crunching. 
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2014/11/22 10:21:15

devlin85
    SSC Member
    Re: ASIC Miners and Bitcoin Utopia in BOINC 2014/11/23 07:46:16 (permalink)
    I have switched the miner over to personal testing. So no more hijacking the pie's for me. Rest easy everybody.

Anyway here's the rundown of the weeks points, the highest peak was 157 million when it was running at 350 Mhz. it seems to go between 103-129 million based on the size of the work units it receives. I've had days where it gets nearly 50 7 minute tasks! The normal seems to be 10-15 minutes.

The two turquoise badges are for 500 million in each campaign I ran and the jade badge is for 1 billion points total.

post edited by devlin85 - 2014/11/23 07:48:45

Attached Image(s)

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 12
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile