EVGA

Frustrating experience with customer service.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
SpiritSharD
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/09/27 02:13:49 (permalink)
I'm very annoyed and angry with EVGA's customer service right now; the only reason why I went with them in the first place was because they allegedly provided the best, and yet here I am having to play "Twenty questions" with their customer service team, first regarding an RMA and now in regards to step-up. Maybe someone here can help me.

After going through an excruciatingly lengthy RMA process (including one part where their representative somewhat decided to end the conversation rather than continue with the process like I requested), I finally got hold of a new (and low-and-behold, functional) GTX 780ti. Unfortunately, as luck would have it the new 900 series cards have been released, and since I can't get my card replaced/refunded with the original seller since I no longer have the damn card, at 'least I can take advantage of the fact EVGA provide a step-up program.

EXCEPT I CAN'T.

Even though the product (either my original card or my replacement) is less than 90 days old, I can't seem to start the step-up process. There's conflicting information on the EVGA's website saying I need an extended warranty, but I can't seem to purchase that either; not that I want to purchase it mind you, since I'm going to have to pay an excruciating amount in shipping just to get a swap. Note to self, do research on graphics card series release times BEFORE purchase.

Can anyone provide assistance? I'm sick to death dealing with this company and just want the best option available to me.
post edited by SpiritSharD - 2014/09/27 02:17:11

33 Replies Related Threads

JoeyC
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1703
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/09/27 06:16:56 (permalink)
    Good morning,

I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles and I have reviewed your account. You are eligible for the Step-up program and it is now reflected on your account. You can opt in by visiting: http://eu.evga.com/community/myProducts.asp, then click on "view details" you will see the option for Step-up program. Please let me know if you have any other questions and have a great weekend 

Rate my service by going to: http://www.evga.com/myevga/rateus/

SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/09/27 08:49:54 (permalink)
    I have sent you an email with further questions. Thank you for dealing with this.
    earnest79
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/09/28 01:37:57 (permalink)
    I had a similar issue all it took was a 5 minute chat to get it solved.
    SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/09/28 08:56:20 (permalink)
    earnest79
    I had a similar issue all it took was a 5 minute chat to get it solved.

With US support? My bad experience has been with the EU team; further to my problems, when I did contact them the first time about step-up they outright told me I *had* to purchase an extended warranty. Low-and-behold, I'm eligible for it anyway.
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    EVGA EU Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/09/29 04:56:14 (permalink)
    Hi spiritshard,

thanks for your detailed request - tried both through your profile "requesting for Step-Up works" & "Purchasing extended warranty also" - please contact me back to [link=mailto:supporteu@evga.com,]supporteu@evga.com[/link].

Markus
    SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/09/29 05:23:11 (permalink)
    I don't really understand what you're trying to say. Is this in response to my previous post?

If it is, then the issue has been resolved by US team member Joey. All I'm saying is that EU support told me to purchase an extended warranty in order to be eligible for step-up, and seemed oblivious to the fact I was already eligible for the step-up program.

As for contacting you, I've already sent an email to your support manager about other concerns and am awaiting his return to office.
    post edited by SpiritSharD - 2014/09/29 05:25:25
    SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/09 15:32:33 (permalink)
    So the EU support manager hasn't had the courtesy to respond to me...lovely.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18915
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/09 17:39:08 (permalink)

Yeah seem to hearing a few bad things about EU EVGA on these forums lately.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/10 05:57:11 (permalink)
    He's replied now. All's good for now.
    SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/21 03:46:50 (permalink)
    So for some reason my graphics card has been reverted back to not being eligible for step-up. I'm really fed up now.

After all this hassle, give me free step-up collection and I'll be a happy bunny lol.
    post edited by SpiritSharD - 2014/10/21 03:49:16
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/22 03:24:38 (permalink)
    This is nothing new from evga.eu customer service. EVGA needs to find someone like ChrisB to manage customer service for that region.

SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/22 03:28:13 (permalink)
    MSim
    This is nothing new from evga.eu customer service. EVGA needs to find someone like ChrisB to manage customer service for that region.

Quite clearly I'm not the only one who's been having problems. I'm just utterly disappointed, because I usually go with Gigabyte and thus far I've had absolutely zero problems with them. I try out EVGA and all I have is a load of trouble.

I mean, I'm not even sure I'll bother stepping up yet. I paid the damn premium price for the card and doing step-up is likely to cost me another £100 more (in fact, if it weren't for the fact the original card was faulty I would have just got a refund and gone with a different brand AND a GTX 980), but it's the fact I don't even have the option (again!) when I am within the requirements to have said option.
    post edited by SpiritSharD - 2014/10/22 03:30:59
    SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/26 10:51:54 (permalink)
    So I've yet to receive a response from their EU manager via email, meaning my step-up "privileges" are still unavailable.
    That's fine. I had to purchase a graphics card last week for my girlfriend's PC, and went with ASUS. Now if I'd had a better experience with EVGA...

Forget it, I'm done. It's like beating a dead horse. I just hope other EU customers have better service than me in the future.
    SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/27 08:31:05 (permalink)
    I said I'd leave it, but now the damn card is exhibiting the same fault as my original 780ti card. 

Can someone please give me advice on how to deal with this situation?
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2032
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/27 09:24:27 (permalink)
    Dear SpiritSharD,

I am very sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your Step-up request and the support that you received. I can confirm that I have researched this for you and there does appear to be an error with our website and I am having this looked into, but in the meantime I was able to adjust your account to allow for a Step-up if this is requested.

In regards to your graphics card having the same fault as previous, I can confirm that I am showing that your primary complaint was fan noise? If this is the case then I do recommend making sure that you have removed any plastic covers from the stickers on the card to ensure that they did not get pulled into the fan. If this is not the case then I can confirm that we are here to help you with Warranty or support with a Step-up if it is required.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at chrisb@evga.com if further support is needed as I can confirm that we are here to assist our customers.

SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/27 09:56:34 (permalink)
    Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your response. I know I must come across as quite a rude person but, honestly, I'm just frustrated by this whole ordeal. I'm sure now we'll be able to get it sorted.

Firstly, thank you for looking into this for me. I appreciate it, and I am glad that the step-up issue has been resolved.

As for the issue with the graphics card, unfortunately it is the same problem as I had before whereas the card emits a louder and more "unusual" noise around the 40%-50% mark. I have both manually tested this through use of MSI-Afterburner fan controls and through playing games (in fact, I'm playing Borderlands The Pre-Sequel right this moment, and at 46% I can hear the noise). I also had another issue which doesn't appear to be replicating itself as much, but it was a subtle "rattle" at lower fan speeds. The plastic is definitely off as I made sure to double-check when I received the card.

If I were to seek a replacement under warranty would I be able to just switch to the 900 series? Saves the hassle of me stepping-up later as well as running into this problem again with a third card (it appears to be an issue with the original ACX cooler).

Please advise.
    post edited by SpiritSharD - 2014/10/27 09:58:46
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/27 11:29:04 (permalink)
    Dear SpiritSharD,

I am once again very sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your product. I can however confirm that the Step-up and the RMA programs are separate and we would need to process one or the other to assist you. Please if you do prefer to receive another replacement through warranty, then email me at chrisb@evga.com  and I will work with our EU office to set this up for you and make sure that the card is 100% tested for fan noise. Otherwise if you do prefer to Step-up the card then I can recommend submitting your request online and once you reach the front of the line you will be notified through email.

I will be awaiting your email to support you further.

SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/30 13:33:08 (permalink)
    I can't fault Chris (again, US department) for doing his job and being helpful, but man...pretty sure this company doesn't like me.

Just as I thought I was making progress above, as soon as I send an email to Chris I get relayed back to the EU team (where by I was told to expect a response within one business day...nothing). The only response I've received is in regards to a previous email whereby I've told the representative I'm waiting on feedback from Chris's "investigation".

I'm really sorry to say this, but this is the worst customer service I've ever experienced, and I'm generally not someone who will get uptight over this sort of thing. Amazon gives me a full refund for an item well past it's date as per the return policy, and another company bump me up to priority delivery just for making a phone call to check on stock levels. Heck, a small company in London refunded the entirety of a £800 order because they couldn't provide me with the card I wanted for another PC. EVGA on the other hand expect me to play twenty questions with their support team to get them to describe their RMA process, revoke my Step-Up eligibility twice, instruct me to purchase an extended warranty to obtain said revoked eligibility, and keep throwing me between departments. Well and truly disappointed.

The problem I have with my card requires a simple Google search to find documented information about it occurring. Your policy states if my card is faulty within warranty I am entitled to a replacement of the same model or one of greater performance. I'm sorry, but I simply don't believe you when you say my previous card was in working condition either; the fan clearly has a noise issue when around the 40%-50% mark (and I sent a recording to prove this and it was accepted). Since you keep messing me around, how hard is it for this company to issue an Advanced RMA (so I don't go without) for a GTX 980 so I don't have to go through this experience a third time and because I've had to go through all this damn fuss.
    post edited by SpiritSharD - 2014/10/31 04:53:11
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/31 17:52:48 (permalink)
    Dear SpiritSharD,

I apologize as I can confirm that I have been working with our EU office in order to assist. I can confirm that if you are wanting to move to a GTX 980 card then the Step-up would be the best option to assist. I will continue to work with the EU office and I expect that you should receive a response first thing next week to try and work with you further.

SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/31 17:57:27 (permalink)
    I just want a card that doesn't go faulty on me and, sorry, but I've lost faith in your GTX 780ti line. I'm also not stepping up this card because I am NOT paying anything nor am I waiting a lengthy amount of time to have this faulty product replaced. Once I receive a response, I will take yet another video to prove the same fault that was accepted by the EU customer service team the last time around.

Wish I'd got a full refund from the retailer now. This has just been terrible. :(
    post edited by SpiritSharD - 2014/10/31 17:58:35
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/10/31 20:13:37 (permalink)
    SpiritSharD
    I just want a card that doesn't go faulty on me and, sorry, but I've lost faith in your GTX 780ti line. I'm also not stepping up this card because I am NOT paying anything nor am I waiting a lengthy amount of time to have this faulty product replaced. Once I receive a response, I will take yet another video to prove the same fault that was accepted by the EU customer service team the last time around.

Wish I'd got a full refund from the retailer now. This has just been terrible. :(

So.. although EU office have apparently dropped the ball (repeatedly), US office have stepped in and even offered a step up, but now you say you don't want a replacement or a step up? So basically you've just told EVGA that you don't want them to do anything...  maybe that's why EU haven't done anything further.
     lol.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/11/01 00:49:01 (permalink)
    Nereus
    So.. although EU office have apparently dropped the ball (repeatedly), US office have stepped in and even offered a step up, but now you say you don't want a replacement or a step up? So basically you've just told EVGA that you don't want them to do anything...  maybe that's why EU haven't done anything further.
     lol.

No, I want a replacement, but I'm no longer confident in their GTX 780ti products. I am also not taking up the costs or waiting the length of time it takes to go through the step-up process.
    SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/11/01 16:16:14 (permalink)
    So, this is a video of how a card SHOULD sound like, in my opinion;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLSUGRK7GA
    Different card, same cooler. I couldn't find an exact match.

Here's a video of my card and how it sounds;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YXSfJGs1T8

At 2:16 you can here me clicking on MSI Afterburner to change the fan speed to 44% and soon after you can hear it. At 2:27 when I move the phone to verify the fan speed you can still hear the card in the background.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/11/01 18:44:46 (permalink)

Really doesn't sound that bad to me lol, but I guess the only way to compare is with a digital sound level meter though. Are you expecting them to be silent?

I returned a GTX-970SC reference a week or two ago, now *that* was annoying.. sounded like a small turbine engine cranking up as the load increased, even on idle it was annoying, like a whining noise (it was the fan, not coil whine), yours sounds way better.

SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/11/02 01:39:02 (permalink)
    Nereus

Really doesn't sound that bad to me lol, but I guess the only way to compare is with a digital sound level meter though. Are you expecting them to be silent?

I returned a GTX-970SC reference a week or two ago, now *that* was annoying.. sounded like a small turbine engine cranking up as the load increased, even on idle it was annoying, like a whining noise (it was the fan, not coil whine), yours sounds way better.

The video doesn't do justice; I can hear it when I sit at my desk, whereas in the recording there's barely a noise when I move.

At near idle, I don't expect a noise like that. In fact, I don't expect it at all. It's horrid. Comparing it with previous cards I've had plus videos I've watched of ACX Cooler's I can clearly see a difference. It's also similar to the accepted fault I had last time around.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/11/02 01:46:12 (permalink)
    SpiritSharD
    The video doesn't do justice..

Yeah that's what I figured. Well.. third time's the charm? Hope it works out for you. EVGA are pretty good over here in the US, it's a shame they seem to be lacking in the EU.

SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/11/02 01:59:21 (permalink)
    I'm just annoyed. I'll be fine when it's all sorted. Imma nice guy really. :D

But yeah, here's hoping. *fingers crossed*
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102250
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/11/02 01:39:59 (permalink)
    SpiritSharD
    I'm just annoyed. I'll be fine when it's all sorted. Imma nice guy really. :D

But yeah, here's hoping. *fingers crossed*

Please keep us informed

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

SpiritSharD
    Re: Frustrating experience with customer service. 2014/11/02 10:00:53 (permalink)
    NereusYeah that's what I figured. Well.. third time's the charm? Hope it works out for you. EVGA are pretty good over here in the US, it's a shame they seem to be lacking in the EU.

Forgot to address this further since there was a misunderstanding before. It's been a busy couple of days. 

I'm really not comfortable with the idea of another GTX 780ti from them, but if I *have* to I'll take it. It's what I paid for, after all, and I'm certainly not entitled to anything else, other than a functional card and, hopefully, a hassle-free experience! I just don't see why they can't replace the (what I believe to be) faulty card and just give me a GTX 980 (I wonder if it would be SC edition since that's what I have for the 780ti), as a gesture of good will for all this hassle, so hopefully I don't have the same problem again with their new cooler, and so I don't have to then later go through the step-up process which would cost me. Or a full refund (but that ain't happening, lol).

In addition, I'd just like to say US support have been very helpful despite their inability to function within the EU. It's just a shame I have to go through another regional department to get the appropriate one to assist me. 'n it's a shame EU support seem to be lacking knowledge of their own policies (I almost, ALMOST brought that additional warranty...for no reason whatsoever other than that I was misinformed).

rjohnson11
    Please keep us informed

Will do, though hopefully there will be nothing bad to report.

post edited by SpiritSharD - 2014/11/02 10:06:56
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile