Where to buy water cooling accessories

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
EVGATech_GabrielT
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 1104
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Where to buy water cooling accessories 2014/10/31 23:54:42 (permalink)
http://www.frozencpu.com/

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/

http://www.performance-pcs.com/

I always buy my parts from the websites above. The choices with water cooling is very large and in my personal experience it is mostly user preference with the look you are trying to achieve. Don't mix metals and use a silver kill coil with distilled water and your good to go.
corndogg18
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 288
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Where to buy water cooling accessories 2014/11/01 09:03:48 (permalink)
Wow, didn't expect all this great feedback. Thanks for all the input folks

Specs:
EVGA X99 Classified Mobo
Intel I7 5960x @ 4.3Ghz
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
8x4GB (32GB) G.Skill Ripjaws 4  @
2400Mhz 15-15-15-35 @ 1.20V
2x EVGA 580 Classifieds 3GB SLI  @ 900Mhz
Intel 750 series 1.2TB AIC SSD (Main Drive)
Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD (Storage Drive)  
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Case 
Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard
EVGA TORQ X10 Mouse

corndogg18
iCX Member
Re: Where to buy water cooling accessories 2014/11/01 09:07:20 (permalink)
gtxjackbauer
bcavnaugh
gtxjackbauer
bcavnaugh
For the most part I use only Koolance.

http://koolance.com/

Koolance is fine.  I use their QDCs as I have 4 sets of them.  The oxidation on them looks gruesome though. lol  I stopped using them and purchased a nice Bitspower drain to put in the lower part of my case.
Koolance is one as are XSPC, Swiftech, Alphacool and EK to name a few.  
Here's a nice beginners video I link to those in our watercooling forums at overclockers.com

In the 3 going on 4 yeas I have never seem any oxidation on any of my Koolance Products.
You must not of used their product:
$14.99 Koolance LIQ-702 Liquid Coolant Bottle, High-Performance, 700mL (UV Blue)
Koolance's product warranty does not cover the use of 3rd-party coolants, coolant additives, or corrosion. Koolance LIQ-702 or LIQ-705 coolants are strongly recommended to help avoid issues with mixed metals or biological growth. Additionally, do not use aluminum with bare (unplated) copper or bare (unplated) brass in the same system. Do not use silver with nickel in the same system.

You fall for the marketing I see. :P   Distilled water and a biocide is all you need.  I use a silver strip.  Been going for years.  Oxidization will happen regardless.  Corrosion is always happening but at a much slower rate than it would if you have aluminum in the mix which is a huge no-no in the PC water cooling world.

I only like Koolances QDCs and their WBs. I think they make nice stuff but so do others.  My bitspower compression fittings don't look even close to the Koolance QDCs after usage.  Not sure if its the metal quality or what not but both are brass.  I am guessing bitspower uses a higher quality brass than koolance but in the end they both do their jobs.

corndogg18
Maybe it would be wise to look into a larger case. I just don't want a beast of a case. This 650D is large enough under my desk. Corsair makes a 750D that offers a lot more radiator space. I guess I could live with that one. I guess we will see how much money I have to work with...

You could go with a 900D and go completely overkill.  ;P    

With those 2 GPUs, you'll have about 500w of heat to dissipate me thinks off the top of my head.  For a rig at full load with OCs all around, 120.6 of heat surface would be efficient enough to run it all virtually silent.  Again, I still think you need to do research but giving you a little information to head you in the right direction. 

Key note, loop order doesn't matter as long as the reservoir is before the pump.  A dry pump is a dead pump.  Whomever doesn't have a reservoir naturally feeding into a pump via gravity, shouldn't be watercooling and is most likely killing the pumps lifespan.

Also, single loops are more common.  To save say .5c-2c in a dual loop isn't worth it for what it would cost.  People don't realize and still go dual loops.  Equilibrium will reach a loop say 30mins after use on full load.  The differences in loop order to dual loop is too small to even acknowledge.  The better delta-temps you want, the more heat surface is needed.  Too much heat surface, like me lol, will result in diminishing returns.

Now go research and look at other peoples builds.  Another key thing is to make sure you have a blueprint of what you need for your loop with the idea of possibly future proofing as well, just in case.  Than go case buying for the amount of space or rads you'll have in it.  People do the biggest mistake and buy a case first than bang their heads on the wall because it won't fit the right amount of rads.

Gasp, ok I am done for now.  lol

This makes a lot of sense. It was one of my questions as well, that I didn't even really ask. Your explanation is pretty clear why a single loop should be used over dual loops. Just by financial default  I will be going single loop.

Specs:
EVGA X99 Classified Mobo
Intel I7 5960x @ 4.3Ghz
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard
EVGA TORQ X10 Mouse

Boxlid
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 223
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Where to buy water cooling accessories 2014/11/02 01:00:13 (permalink)
Frozencpu as most mentioned, awesome to do business with.  If you want to mix up metals and want close as possible performance to distilled, go with Innovatek Protect fluid, it's awesome.  I've left the fluid in for over a year no problem running nickel plated, copper, stainless, and aluminum with no corrosion.  The system was flawless for 5 years like that, changing fluid every year or so.  It says to test the pH every 6 months or so, but I never even seen a change

corndogg18
iCX Member
Re: Where to buy water cooling accessories 2014/11/02 14:32:29 (permalink)
Boxlid
Frozencpu as most mentioned, awesome to do business with.  If you want to mix up metals and want close as possible performance to distilled, go with Innovatek Protect fluid, it's awesome.  I've left the fluid in for over a year no problem running nickel plated, copper, stainless, and aluminum with no corrosion.  The system was flawless for 5 years like that, changing fluid every year or so.  It says to test the pH every 6 months or so, but I never even seen a change

Nice, this sounds more my style. Not sure how often I am going to be able to really keep and eye on fluids. Reminds me of the swimming pool in the backyard, and keeping up on the pH testing, what a nightmare...

Specs:
EVGA X99 Classified Mobo
Intel I7 5960x @ 4.3Ghz
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard
EVGA TORQ X10 Mouse

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile