EVGA

Shadowplay video garbling

Author
bcosier
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/10/31 06:56:28 (permalink)
I record a lot of the races I do on iRacing and I have noticed that my videos have started to have video problems after an hour + of recording. The audio is ok, but the video get scrambled. I don't see any insane phenomena going on and don't know there is a problem until the video has finished recording. So far I tried backing down the frame rate without success. The next thing I'm working to try is as follows:

Deleted any videos in the folder I've uploaded (233GB worth)
Updated to latest version of driver for the GeForce GTX750ti
Downloaded Precision X16 and changed the fan curve a bit for better cooling

Here is an example of the videos. FF to after the 60 minute mark for example of problem (it'll be very clear when you reach it)

Any suggestion on if these don't seem to fix the problem? I'll be setting up a second monitor so I can see X16 while I'm in game to monitor the status of the GPU to see if any anomalies occur.

2 Replies Related Threads

bcosier
    Re: Shadowplay video garbling 2014/10/31 06:59:14 (permalink)
    http://youtu.be/09vOcixgzt0

For some reason I'm not seeing the link to the video posted above. In case it doesn't show on this thread, youtube search Brian Cosier and select any of my newest videos from the last couple weeks that is over an hour long.
    bcosier
    Re: Shadowplay video garbling 2014/10/31 08:31:36 (permalink)
    Had someone present another idea to me to try as well so I'll be backing the allowed video memory down from 2GB to 1GB on the in game settings. Not sure if this will help but it's possible the program is running out of buffer space on the card. I'll update tomorrow when I run my next race.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile