Hadron Hydro Kit Owners

Author
kougar
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3034
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 22
2014/10/28 06:22:53 (permalink)
I need some feedback from other Hadron Hydro watercooling kit users. How frequently are you guys having to refill the reservoir on these things??

My Hadron Hydro system is a week away from turning one month old, but the water level already dropped low enough to the point the pump ingested sufficient air to cause it to stop working. The system began trying to cook itself but it thankfully got noticed relatively quickly due to the fan noise. 

My self-built desktop is also watercooled but it goes through the same amount of water every 12 months by comparison. The Hadron system & fittings were built (and rebuilt) by Cyberpower, but I've not been able to spot seepage or dampness anywhere. There's quite a lot of extra connection points in this kit setup and many are not easily accessible on top of that so it's very possible I may just not be seeing it. That said it's also possible CP left a large amount of air pockets in the loop that took time to slowly work back out. 

I'll have to wait and see what it does over the second month to know which is the case, but until then I wanted to get some feedback from other Hadron Hydro kit users!

Have water, will cool. 

5 Replies Related Threads

ephyon007
    • Total Posts : 14
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Hadron Hydro Kit Owners 2014/10/29 18:43:20 (permalink)
    I've had my system up and running for about a month and a half.  I'm using an EK Supremacy waterblock with Bitspower fittings and Primochill advanced LRT tubing.  Other than that, the rest of the parts are from the Hadron Hydro Watercooling kit.  There hasn't been any noticeable loss of liquid since my initial install.  

kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Hadron Hydro Kit Owners 2014/11/02 19:03:59 (permalink)
    Thanks for the response. You've pretty much replaced most of the loop though... I use dangerden's flex tubing in my main rig and that stuff by itself halved the water loss from my previous build, it's just so damn good compared to the vinyl junk in both rated evap rate and making a good seal.  

Pump is still running fine thankfully. Going to give it another month and see what the fluid levels are at, but until then I'm guessing it was just filled/shipped without having the air bled out of the radiator.
    post edited by kougar - 2014/11/02 19:05:13

Have water, will cool. 
    kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Hadron Hydro Kit Owners 2014/11/09 12:04:06 (permalink)
    Water loss problem aside, the pump looks to be defective. Even after topping it off I've found it had stopped working twice more, system had hard-locked the second time. 

Have water, will cool. 
    ephyon007
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: Hadron Hydro Kit Owners 2014/11/12 17:38:28 (permalink)
    Just an update, in the past 2 weeks I've lost about 1cm of water.  I don't see any visible leaks and just assume the liquid is evaporating.  I've built custom loops in other systems and have not had this problem before.  I'll be replacing the pump/res with something else in the near future.

P0l0GG
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re: Hadron Hydro Kit Owners 2014/11/13 21:26:27 (permalink)
    Anyone knows who makes the radiator included in the WC kit? It seems custom made for EVGA, but I would like to confirm that. I want to WC my Hadron Hydro w/GTX 970 FTW in the future, but I'm skeptic regarding the pump/reservoir combo, so I'm considering putting everything together on my own or trying to install something like the Glacer 240L radiator inside and fans outside to include my GPU in the future... Any info on the radiator manufacturer?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile