EVGA

Helpful ReplyPrice Increase?

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
EyedolX
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/16 18:51:14 (permalink)
Nereus
EVGA_JacobF
Actually the PCB layout is identical as reference for ACX 2.0 and SC.

Only FTW and Classified are different.

So technically they are no longer NVidia cards with an EVGA label.. they are EVGA cards, period.  ..but still based on the NVidia design? Sorry, confused..

That's how I read it... Even though I'm not a fan of the reference cooler, I like the fact that EVGA is building their cards rather than taking what Nvidia ships and then slapping their label on it.
joder
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 126
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/16 18:54:49 (permalink)
One has to wonder why MSI and ASUS haven't raised their prices on their reference cooler cards?
joder
Superclocked Member
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/16 18:56:47 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
Actually the PCB layout is identical as reference for ACX 2.0 and SC.

Only FTW and Classified are different.

How different are the PCB layouts for the 970 FTW?  So different that a full cover waterblock for a 970 ACX 2.0 isn't going to work?
EyedolX
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/16 18:57:24 (permalink)
joder
One has to wonder why MSI and ASUS haven't raised their prices on their reference cooler cards?

Simple answer: see the reply from EVGA on Page 3. I would surmise that MSI and ASUS aren't building their cards as EVGA is now.
joder
Superclocked Member
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/16 19:01:24 (permalink)
EyedolX

Simple answer: see the reply from EVGA on Page 3. I would surmise that MSI and ASUS aren't building their cards as EVGA is now.

I guess that would make sense but are we going to be getting a product that is $30-50 better by having EVGA build it?
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49164
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/16 19:06:28 (permalink)
joder
EyedolX

I guess that would make sense but are we going to be getting a product that is $30-50 better by having EVGA build it?

Good question.
chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7220
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/17 19:58:55 (permalink)
joder
EyedolX

How could it be? I would call BS on this price hike. 
VVhiplash
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 392
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/25 13:03:27 (permalink)
@Jacob, I'm really confused about whats going on here. Is it just the FTW and Classified cards that now have a completely EVGA built board, with an Nvidia chip and either ACX or Nvidia cooler? And then all of the other 980's are Nvidia boards with nvidia gpu's and either the nvidia coolers or EVGAs ACX cooler? I guess I'm confused, because ASUS has their own PCB and cooler on their gpus, but they didn't hike their prices...

ll Steiger-Dynamics Maven ll Intel i7-5930k 4.2Ghz ll ASRock X99 Extreme6/AC ll Liqmax II 240 ll GeiL Super-Luce 32gb 2666mhz ll (x2)EVGA GTX 980 SC ll Samsung XP941 500gb and 850 Pro 1TB ll EVGA PS 1000W Platinum ll
Smokey the Bear
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 144
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/25 13:18:37 (permalink)
It seems they've gotten a bit full of themselves, no?

I remember when everyone liked BFG or XFX, wonder where they are now.
VVhiplash
iCX Member
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/25 13:25:35 (permalink)
Smokey the Bear

Yeah I really don't know what they're thinking right now. It looks like these forums have been more full of heavy sighs and disappointment/frustration than excitement, bragging, and tinkering. It just sucks that this looks to be one of the generations in which Asus and Msi are legitimately offering better cards at better prices than EVGA. And thats shocking :P and also not cool. I love EVGA! Here's to hoping something changes soon!

ll Steiger-Dynamics Maven ll Intel i7-5930k 4.2Ghz ll ASRock X99 Extreme6/AC ll Liqmax II 240 ll GeiL Super-Luce 32gb 2666mhz ll (x2)EVGA GTX 980 SC ll Samsung XP941 500gb and 850 Pro 1TB ll EVGA PS 1000W Platinum ll
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18915
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/25 14:00:16 (permalink)
VVhiplash
Smokey the Bear

Yeah I really don't know what they're thinking right now. It looks like these forums have been more full of heavy sighs and disappointment/frustration than excitement, bragging, and tinkering. It just sucks that this looks to be one of the generations in which Asus and Msi are legitimately offering better cards at better prices than EVGA. And thats shocking :P and also not cool. I love EVGA! Here's to hoping something changes soon!

How are they better cards? They are all NVidia 980 & 970 gpus are they not? The difference is the cooler, and of course, the service. I'm sure not disappointed with my 980 SC reference cards. The most "heavy sighs and disappointment/frustration" I've seen is due to not being able to find any in stock, lol.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

VVhiplash
iCX Member
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/25 14:09:38 (permalink)
Nereus
VVhiplash
Smokey the Bear

How are they better cards? They are all NVidia 980 & 970 gpus are they not? The difference is the cooler, and of course, the service. I'm sure not disappointed with my 980 SC reference cards. The most "heavy sighs and disappointment/frustration" I've seen is due to not being able to find any in stock, lol.

Yeah "better cards" probably isn't the right way to put it, I'm just trying to highlight that other manufacturers are making their own boards like evga is, but without the price hike. So maybe the words "better deal?" are a more appropriate choice. Its certainly competitive towards what EVGA is offering.

I bet you are stoked about your 980 SC  :) There's no agruing that its a fantastic card.

Smokey the Bear
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 144
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/25 14:15:12 (permalink)
Nereus
VVhiplash
Smokey the Bear

My second card's whine is loud enough to hear while sitting on my desktop. It wasn't this bad at first weirdly, where my first card was right off the bat. The first replacement will be here next week and sold unopened, and this one will have the same fate. 

Having said that, I personally am interested in a premium card that is going to be as good as it gets to push under water, while being tested enough to ensure it doesn't have coil whine and other little annoyances like two 6 pins. Whether or not a price hike this big is worth that, I'm not sure. Can we expect 1750 on the core under water or something? :)
post edited by Smokey the Bear - 2014/10/25 14:19:01
chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/25 22:23:03 (permalink)
Yeah, I will dump EVGA if they keep this up. My next card will go to a competitor. EVGA, you know how many cards that I have bought from you, I registered all of them... I am going to take my business elsewhere now. 

EDIT: Lately.... You got rid of lifetime warranties, the Precision BS, and now you think your reference cards are worth more than competitors? I am out of here. I already switched to Asus for my motherboard company... I guess it is time for graphics cards too?

The only thing that EVGA has done well, in the past years, is say yes to RMA's... Their tech support is just as incompetent as the competitors, they just RMA faster. That is the ONLY thing they do better now. 
post edited by chrisdglong - 2014/10/25 22:31:12
joder
Superclocked Member
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/25 22:29:51 (permalink)
I already got a MSI GTX 980 reference for the lovely price of $549.  I am not sure what will make the EVGA card worth $50 more.

I might just sell my step-up when it arrives and keep this.
chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/25 22:33:36 (permalink)
Remember people, EVGA built their company's reputation off their lifetime warranties and backing those warranties. They gave that up a while back. There is nothing left to separate them from their competitors now. NOTHING. 
joder
Superclocked Member
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/25 22:39:35 (permalink)
If the cards were built in the US then I would gladly pay more...
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/25 23:36:02 (permalink)
chrisdglong
Remember people, EVGA built their company's reputation off their lifetime warranties and backing those warranties. They gave that up a while back. There is nothing left to separate them from their competitors now. NOTHING. 

I disagree. EVGA still have the best name for service, and they honor their warranties the same as they ever did. There are plenty of things that separate them from their competitors.

..price just happens to be one of those things.. lol.

post edited by Nereus - 2014/10/25 23:38:12

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

9700-3D
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/25 23:55:54 (permalink)
joder
I already got a MSI GTX 980 reference for the lovely price of $549.  I am not sure what will make the EVGA card worth $50 more.

I might just sell my step-up when it arrives and keep this.

Yeah I scored one of those cards as well, the last one my local micro center had in stock other than some goofy looking Zotac.  What an amazing card. All smiles here.

X79 FTW
4820K, Hyper 212 EVO
16gb Vengence 1866,   9-9-9-27 1T
Win7 64 PRO
Samsung SSD 240
Nvidia 980 GTX
Toughpower 850w
HAF XM
asmodyus
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 834
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/26 18:03:30 (permalink)
Nereus
chrisdglong

I disagree. EVGA still have the best name for service, and they honor their warranties the same as they ever did. There are plenty of things that separate them from their competitors.

Actually no With Asus and MSI Stepping up there cards and customers service even Zotac is getting better. I go were the money goes and right now EVGA is pricing themselves out of the Market I mean look at the Classified price compared Zotac card that offers same performance with out the premium price tag.

Have a EVGA product to register? Please use my Affiliate Code when registering your product.
Click the banner to register with my Affiliate Code. Thank You Very Much!

Heatware           
magnusfl
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 112
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/26 19:46:38 (permalink)
Slider6996
StealthArsenal
Who actually uses Newegg anymore? 

seriously Newegg prices are not as good either as amazon often beats them by a wide margin
Pfft i know right, who uses computers anymore gawd.....

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/26 19:57:46 (permalink)
asmodyus
Nereus
chrisdglong

Actually no With Asus and MSI Stepping up there cards and customers service even Zotac is getting better. I go were the money goes and right now EVGA is pricing themselves out of the Market I mean look at the Classified price compared Zotac card that offers same performance with out the premium price tag.

EVGA stock is selling out in seconds every time new stock appears, so I guess there are plenty of people who still think EVGA are the best... you're just not one of them apparently. :)

asmodyus
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 834
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/26 21:20:36 (permalink)
Nereus
asmodyus
Nereus
chrisdglong

EVGA stock is selling out in seconds every time new stock appears, so I guess there are plenty of people who still think EVGA are the best... you're just not one of them apparently. :)

Low production is the only reason EVGA cards are selling out and I never said that there the not the best I just think that there pricing hick is not justified for what you are getting compared to competition, I also think ASUS ROG series is a great product too or even MSI lighting series. I like EVGA I have bought a lot of EVGA cards in my lifetime but I think that all good things come to an end and this might be it for me. Who knows I am still on fence on buying a new 980 or Keeping my EVGA 780 Classified and just buying another one. A used ones cost is going to be similar to me selling and buying new high model GTX 980. But at the end I always seem to come to buying an EVGA maybe I will wait till the price hick falls if it does.

Have a EVGA product to register? Please use my Affiliate Code when registering your product.
Click the banner to register with my Affiliate Code. Thank You Very Much!

Heatware           
chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/27 22:12:07 (permalink)
joder
If the cards were built in the US then I would gladly pay more...

Nope China. Now you can even get your China built and sold from cards, Zotac. 
Stephenk291
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1023
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/28 04:38:30 (permalink)
Yeah..not much is MADE in America in terms of electronics... mostly ASSEMBLED. Apple's gimmick of ''made in America'' means they pre-assemble everything and then have people slap it together over here.  We're a nation of consumers not producers outside of livestock and agriculture.

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
rsbrownjr
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 375
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/28 05:24:50 (permalink)
Stephenk291
Yeah..not much is MADE in America in terms of electronics... mostly ASSEMBLED. Apple's gimmick of ''made in America'' means they pre-assemble everything and then have people slap it together over here.  We're a nation of consumers not producers outside of livestock and agriculture.

That's a fact!  NOTHING is made in the USA anymore.  Not your Levi's or your Wrangler Jeans.  Not your Chevy, Ford, or Dodge pickups.  NOTHING!

Rig #1 - ASUS Maximus X Hero  | Core i7 8700K @ 5GHz  | Corsair Obsidian 750D | Corsair Hydro H110i | Corsair AX1200i | 32GB Patriot Viper 3200MHz  | Nvidia Titan Xp Galactic Empire | Samsung 960 Pro M.2 NVME | Win 10 Pro 64 | Asus Supreme FX - Corsair SP2500 Speakers
Rig #2 - ASUS RIVBE | Core i7 3970X @ 4.6GHz | Corsair Obsidian 900D | Corsair Hydro H115i | Corsair AX1200i | 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz | Nvidia Titan X (Pascal) X2 (SLI) | Samsung 840 Evo 1TB X2 (RAID 0) | Win 10 Pro 64bit | ASUS Supreme FX Black - Corsair SP2500 Speakers
Stephenk291
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1023
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/28 05:28:51 (permalink)
rsbrownjr
Stephenk291

That's a fact!  NOTHING is made in the USA anymore.  Not your Levi's or your Wrangler Jeans.  Not your Chevy, Ford, or Dodge pickups.  NOTHING!

pretty much. I remember traveling to India a few years ago with my boss who grew up there and we went by some of the garment factors where American clothing brands are. You could literally buy jeans and t-shirts there for $5-10 that would cost you $80-100 in the states.
I'm a realist and understand the global economy, but hopefully with the rising costs of shipping/importing the  U.S will turn more toward bringing business/jobs back state side as China becomes less appealing.

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 16946
  • Ribbons : 26
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/29 11:04:20 (permalink)
VVhiplash
@Jacob, I'm really confused about whats going on here. Is it just the FTW and Classified cards that now have a completely EVGA built board, with an Nvidia chip and either ACX or Nvidia cooler? And then all of the other 980's are Nvidia boards with nvidia gpu's and either the nvidia coolers or EVGAs ACX cooler? I guess I'm confused, because ASUS has their own PCB and cooler on their gpus, but they didn't hike their prices...

To clarify on this... ALL cards as of today are now built by partners. Non reference boards and even reference (If they chose to keep building the reference) are now being built by the partners. 

Also the 980 ACX 2.0 version is still $549.99, price was not increased. http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-2981-KR

post edited by EVGA_JacobF - 2014/10/29 11:33:22

rsbrownjr
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 375
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/29 11:29:47 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
VVhiplash

To clarify on this... ALL cards as of today are now built by partners. FTW, Classified even reference (If they chose to keep building the reference) are now being built by the partners. 

Also the 980 ACX 2.0 version is still $549.99, price was not increased. http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-2981-KR

Partners?  Who are they?

Rig #1 - ASUS Maximus X Hero  | Core i7 8700K @ 5GHz  | Corsair Obsidian 750D | Corsair Hydro H110i | Corsair AX1200i | 32GB Patriot Viper 3200MHz  | Nvidia Titan Xp Galactic Empire | Samsung 960 Pro M.2 NVME | Win 10 Pro 64 | Asus Supreme FX - Corsair SP2500 Speakers
Rig #2 - ASUS RIVBE | Core i7 3970X @ 4.6GHz | Corsair Obsidian 900D | Corsair Hydro H115i | Corsair AX1200i | 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz | Nvidia Titan X (Pascal) X2 (SLI) | Samsung 840 Evo 1TB X2 (RAID 0) | Win 10 Pro 64bit | ASUS Supreme FX Black - Corsair SP2500 Speakers
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49164
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Price Increase? 2014/10/29 11:32:26 (permalink)
rsbrownjr
EVGA_JacobF
VVhiplash

To clarify on this... ALL cards as of today are now built by partners. FTW, Classified even reference (If they chose to keep building the reference) are now being built by the partners. 

Partners?  Who are they?

EVGA, MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, PNY, Galaxy, Zotac are all NVIDIA partners.
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile