EVGA

Geforce GTX 780 Video Driver Issues

Author
Stoogey5
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/10/24 09:11:41 (permalink)
Was casually playing the new borderlands, When I noticed my game sound starting to bug out pretty freaking bad Then after about 30 seconds my computer when completely crazy turned on and off both monitors rapidly whilst playing the looping sound. It then restarted my PC and everything was normal.. I was stupid and went back to what I was doing and the same thing happened.. But now I have (I think) A serious problem with my card... 

Ill show images since its easier for you guys... 

This isn't My picture.

But thats basically happening to me..

Please guys help and if you need any more information I will gladly give it.

12 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Geforce GTX 780 Video Driver Issues 2014/10/24 09:30:21 (permalink)
    Try following the steps below to see if it helps correct the issue...

#1 Create a system restore point. 

#2 Download & Install CCleaner & Driver Sweeper 3.2.0.

#3 Remove all NVIDIA software from add/remove programs.

#4 Reboot into safe mode.

#5 Uninstall Precision X/Afterburner if installed, make sure to select "no" to saving profiles if asked.

#6  Run driver sweeper 3.2.0, check mark NVIDIA - Display & NVIDIA - PhysX, select Analyse button, if a list of entries pop up select the Clean button, when asked to reboot select Cancel. Do the scan again to make sure all entries are removed/deleted, if all entries cannot be removed/deleted please post that the entries cannot be removed/deleted along with a screenshot showing what cannot be deleted. If the entries were removed/deleted successfully continue onto the next step...

#7  Run ccleaner, select the registry tab, select scan for issues button, select fix selected issues button, when asked to backup the registry select "no" (we made a restore point earlier, we don't need to worry about backing up the registry entries.), select fix all selected issues button. Do the scan again to make sure all entries are removed/deleted.
    NOTE: Two entries may still appear after multiple cleanings (it should be one or two and no more), this is normal and should be ignored, all other entries should be gone. 

#8 Delete NVIDIA GUID's using regedit. Click the start button and type regedit and hit enter. For windows 8 hit the windows key + r and type in regedit and hit enter. Navigate to...
    - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Video (highlight the Video key and press the delete key.)
    - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video (highlight the Video key and press the delete key.)
    NOTE: When deleting the video key you will be prompted with an error saying "Error deleting key, Cannot delete Video: Error while deleting key." Just ignore the error and select OK, all keys within the Video key will be deleted except for ones that cannot be deleted.

#9 Reboot PC into normal windows mode. (non-safe mode)

#10 Perform a clean installation of video drivers.
    1. Download & save 344.48 driver to your desktop. 
    2. Double click on 344.48-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql.exe located on your desktop & run the extractor.
    3. Select custom advanced install, under custom installation options uncheck all options but graphics driver & physx system software, if you are using audio over HDMI please select the HD Audio driver, if you have a 3D capable monitor and would like to use 3D at some point select the 3D Vision driver also, check mark perform clean install, then click next to install the driver, reboot when asked.
    4. Re-install Precision X/Afterburner if you want.

#11 Test and report back.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Geforce GTX 780 Video Driver Issues 2014/10/24 09:36:59 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forums..You could try reseating the card and all connections and performing a Custom (Advanced) clean install of the driver (IF it will even install with that Code 43 failure, likely not), but that appears to almost certainly be a problem with the card itself and you should RMA it.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Stoogey5
    Re: Geforce GTX 780 Video Driver Issues 2014/10/24 10:37:26 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Try following the steps below to see if it helps correct the issue...

#1 Create a system restore point. 

#2 Download & Install  & .

#3 Remove all NVIDIA software from add/remove programs.

#4 Reboot into safe mode.

#5 Uninstall Precision X/Afterburner if installed, make sure to select "no" to saving profiles if asked.

#6  Run driver sweeper 3.2.0, check mark NVIDIA - Display & NVIDIA - PhysX, select Analyse button, if a list of entries pop up select the Clean button, when asked to reboot select Cancel. Do the scan again to make sure all entries are removed/deleted, if all entries cannot be removed/deleted please post that the entries cannot be removed/deleted along with a screenshot showing what cannot be deleted. If the entries were removed/deleted successfully continue onto the next step...

#7  Run ccleaner, select the registry tab, select scan for issues button, select fix selected issues button, when asked to backup the registry select "no" (we made a restore point earlier, we don't need to worry about backing up the registry entries.), select fix all selected issues button. Do the scan again to make sure all entries are removed/deleted.
    NOTE: Two entries may still appear after multiple cleanings (it should be one or two and no more), this is normal and should be ignored, all other entries should be gone. 

#8 Delete NVIDIA GUID's using regedit. Click the start button and type regedit and hit enter. For windows 8 hit the windows key + r and type in regedit and hit enter. Navigate to...
    - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Video (highlight the Video key and press the delete key.)
    - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video (highlight the Video key and press the delete key.)
    NOTE: When deleting the video key you will be prompted with an error saying "Error deleting key, Cannot delete Video: Error while deleting key." Just ignore the error and select OK, all keys within the Video key will be deleted except for ones that cannot be deleted.

#9 Reboot PC into normal windows mode. (non-safe mode)

#10 Perform a clean installation of video drivers.
    1. Download & save  driver to your desktop. 
    2. Double click on 344.48-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql.exe located on your desktop & run the extractor.
    3. Select custom advanced install, under custom installation options uncheck all options but graphics driver & physx system software, if you are using audio over HDMI please select the HD Audio driver, if you have a 3D capable monitor and would like to use 3D at some point select the 3D Vision driver also, check mark perform clean install, then click next to install the driver, reboot when asked.
    4. Re-install Precision X/Afterburner if you want.

#11 Test and report back.

Tried a few steps Got incredibly frustrated because my keyboard and mouse were not working during safe mode. So I am gonna sleep this one off and attempt this when I am awake!!

Thankyou very much for the post and the time it took to type it :) Hopefully it helps!

Gonna sleep now before I make my bad situation worse.
    Stoogey5
    Re: Geforce GTX 780 Video Driver Issues 2014/10/24 10:39:22 (permalink)
    Would a factory reset work aswell? 

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Geforce GTX 780 Video Driver Issues 2014/10/24 11:27:27 (permalink)
    Stoogey5
    Would a factory reset work aswell? 

Yes.
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Geforce GTX 780 Video Driver Issues 2014/10/24 11:33:22 (permalink)
    How about giving us some more details on your hardware? That you have more than one device issue might mean there are other issues. What power supply are you using?

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Stoogey5
    Re: Geforce GTX 780 Video Driver Issues 2014/10/24 19:24:39 (permalink)
    Pretty sure My card is fried Sadly.

Can any of you help me find my warranty? I have the Product warranty little slip informing me of what allows for a refund... But I cant find were the serial code is or anything. I know this is gonna sound very newbie e.e But I could really used a hand to save like 700 dollars. 

I got all my receipts and proof of purchase through my wholesaler.
    _JamesR
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 253
    Re: Geforce GTX 780 Video Driver Issues 2014/10/24 19:53:42 (permalink)
    Code 43 usually indicates an issue with drivers, but it also could potentially be an issue with the card. At this point, I would recommend installing this in another PC if you can, just to narrow everything down to the card itself. If the issue persists, then there is definitely an issue with the card and we can likely help with a replacement, if it's under warranty.

Don't post the serial number here; instead, I would contact support toll free at 888-881-3842 or send an email to support@evga.com and we'll be glad to help you. We will need the serial from you when you contact us, and it should be listed on a sticker on the back of the card; it'll also be on the back of the box.

EVGA Z97 Classified w/ i7 4790 | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite | 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0 | EVGA 1000w G2 | Samsung EVO 840 120GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Seagate 3TB | 3x WD 2TB (Raid-5) | Corsair H100i GTX | 3x Asus VS278P-Q 27" 1080p 1ms GTG monitor (surround) | 1 Monoprice 28" 4K 5ms GTG (accessory)
    Stoogey5
    Re: Geforce GTX 780 Video Driver Issues 2014/10/24 20:11:25 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JamesR
    Code 43 usually indicates an issue with drivers, but it also could potentially be an issue with the card. At this point, I would recommend installing this in another PC if you can, just to narrow everything down to the card itself. If the issue persists, then there is definitely an issue with the card and we can likely help with a replacement, if it's under warranty.

Don't post the serial number here; instead, I would contact support toll free at 888-881-3842 or send an email to and we'll be glad to help you. We will need the serial from you when you contact us, and it should be listed on a sticker on the back of the card; it'll also be on the back of the box.

I have tried calling the number and it tells me that it is disconnected.

(1 888 881 3842)

_JamesR
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 253
    Re: Geforce GTX 780 Video Driver Issues 2014/10/24 20:18:33 (permalink)
    That is quite a strange error, as we're receiving calls without a problem. At this point, you can either try again in a few minutes, or simply email us, and we'll do what we can.

EVGA Z97 Classified w/ i7 4790 | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite | 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0 | EVGA 1000w G2 | Samsung EVO 840 120GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Seagate 3TB | 3x WD 2TB (Raid-5) | Corsair H100i GTX | 3x Asus VS278P-Q 27" 1080p 1ms GTG monitor (surround) | 1 Monoprice 28" 4K 5ms GTG (accessory)
    Stoogey5
    Re: Geforce GTX 780 Video Driver Issues 2014/10/24 20:19:40 (permalink)
    Is it because I'm from australia? 

Ill just email you guys 
    Stoogey5
    Re: Geforce GTX 780 Video Driver Issues 2014/10/25 17:28:41 (permalink)
    I sent an email yesterday, But still no response.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile