EVGA

Helpful ReplyBeginner with Intel HD Graphics (via HDMI) using EVGA Z87 FTW - Help needed

Author
cetus35
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/10/18 10:16:54 (permalink)
Hi all,

I'm a computer technician but this is my first build that includes an Intel CPU with built-in graphics.

I really have no idea where to start.

I did learn quickly that it can't be used for the initial BIOS setup. Of course that's obvious to you experienced users.
Then again maybe that's not how it's supposed to work, I don't know.

When I ran an HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the mobo then to the HDMI port on my monitor then powered up the system, the screen remained blank. I tried to remedy this a couple of different ways but I eventually resorted to using an inexpensive video card I had lying around.

I successfully installed Win 7 x64 and all drivers, except the Intel HD Graphics driver, which resulted in an error saying I didn't have supported hardware. (?) The driver came from the EVGA driver download page where it's clearly labeled 'Intel HD Graphics'.

So, no initial HD Graphics and no idea how to get it to work even after Windows is installed, either.

Where do I go from here?

Thank you in advance for any assistance provided.
Hugh

- EVGA Z87 FTW LGA 1150
- Intel Pentium G3258 with Intel HD Graphics (Anniversary Edition)
- 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600

dizzi2234
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Beginner with Intel HD Graphics (via HDMI) using EVGA Z87 FTW - Help needed 2014/10/24 07:25:47 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby cetus35 2014/10/28 14:45:49
try updating the bios mate and remember theres a bois switch on the mobo just below the atx power and remeber when trying to use the onboard hdmi you have to take your graphics card out your lucky tho i cannot for the life of me get mine to go in to bios using my graphics card ONLY the onboard graphics lol
cetus35
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Beginner with Intel HD Graphics (via HDMI) using EVGA Z87 FTW - Help needed 2014/10/24 10:24:37 (permalink)
Hi all,
Wow! 50 views and 1 answer! Is the problem I'm describing not happening to anyone else?

Maybe I 'overdescribed' it earlier. Basically, my HDMI won't work.

I have a good HDMI cable, HDMI-capable motherboard (EVGA Z87 FTW), CPU, and monitor.

It won't work. Just a blank screen. However, a video card installed works just fine.

Thank you for your answer, dizzi2234. I did update the BIOS, same problem. I also tried using BIOS 1 and BIOS 2 with the same results, namely no HDMI. When I try to check whether HDMI is working, I do remove the video card first. I can enter the BIOS no problem, but only with a video card.
It's very odd that your problem is the exact opposite of mine. lol

Thanks in advance for help from anyone who happens to be knowledgeable about either my problem or dizzi2234's.

Hugh

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49164
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Beginner with Intel HD Graphics (via HDMI) using EVGA Z87 FTW - Help needed 2014/10/24 11:33:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby cetus35 2014/10/28 14:45:53
Sounds like the integrated graphics is disabled inside the BIOS.
haulica
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Beginner with Intel HD Graphics (via HDMI) using EVGA Z87 FTW - Help needed 2015/04/11 00:37:19 (permalink)
Hello

I have the same or very similar problem as cetus35

I have a z87 Classified with i5 4690k

When I try to boot from the integrated graphics card from my i5 4690k (with the bios settings enabling the integrated graphics from the cpu)

I get an endless cycle of restarting with bios black screens with the following  error codes in the lower right hand corner of the screen and on the mobo (A2 IDE Detect) and then (B4 Memory Training) (So i can boot to BIOS but will not let me boot to windows)

I can boot to windows fine when using a graphics card and putting the bios graphics settings on auto

Is anyone else having this problem?

Is there a fix to this problem?

Thanks 

haulica
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Beginner with Intel HD Graphics (via HDMI) using EVGA Z87 FTW - Help needed 2015/04/11 22:07:38 (permalink)
FOUND 1 FIX (But don't want to do it)

Problem will fix itself upon fresh install of windows 7

However, I am looking for some way to force the Intel Graphics Drivers to install into windows 7 from BIOS

Anybody know how to do that?

Thanks

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile