Ebola coming to a state near you.

Page: << < ..67 > Showing page 6 of 7
Author
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18915
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/18 17:26:38 (permalink)
XrayMan

Ebola panic reaches new heights as Maine teacher is put on leave, because she visited Dallas:  

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/10/18/3581611/maine-teacher-put-on-leave-due-to-ebola-fears-because-she-visited-dallas/

Wow that's a little extreme. I mean hey, if it's out there to that extent, it's probably too late to stop it now anyway, thanks to the ineptitude of the CDC.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7806
  • Ribbons : 30
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/19 20:05:55 (permalink)
Yeah well, it's in Akron ohio now and that is only 14 minute drive from me....

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/19 20:18:09 (permalink)
Chrome-M-Dragon
Yeah well, it's in Akron ohio now and that is only 14 minute drive from me....

I see they're monitoring people there because that nurse from Dallas visited the area, but no news that I can see that anyone actually has it there yet. Here's hoping everyone is clear.

On the side, I always wondered where 'down the rabbit hole' was.. now I know; it's 14 minutes drive from Akron, Ohio. :)

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15886
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/19 20:32:52 (permalink)
One it depends on the strand of Ebola, this one may very well be airborne. Once you are infected you have about 20-24 days until it has replicated so many times your, sweat, saliva, oils on your skin, organs, are a cesspool for it. Meaning everything you touch, every time you cough it has X amount of time to make it from the infected to its new host as it is having to abandon ship since its host organs are about to shut down, and it has literally infected every part of their body having no place to go but out. Meaning someone touches something, someone sweat, where they put their hand or any type of fluid touches an area, all it takes is a touch before those virus cells die. Then your infected. Why do you think it spread to the nurses so easily, it can spread to pets, how fast we travel here in the states, be it by car, train, air, if just one person that has contracted it seeps though the cracks, the results will be a death toll from something that has not been seen in North America since the Native Americans got infected with small pox and other new virus's and diseases they never got exposed to, but it will spread a lot faster than that, with how fast things move today. Just about anything living can contract it, may not be deadly to them but to us yes... In Africa an outbreak is normally caused because someone didn't cook their bat well done, or came in contact with bat feces, or something else that caught it from the bats.... The way it is being handled now by our government, and the CDC is very careless filled with incompetence  no real measures have been put into place.  All inbound flights need to be stopped for the time being from areas where it is posing an issue, Ellis Island re-opened as a point of entry with people being monitored for 25-30 days to make sure they are not infected and released onto the population, our southern boarders closed lethal force authorized, Illegals sent to back where they came, we cannot even take care of our vets, or our civilian population, yet we someone found the money to take care of illegals, also with current threats of ISIS coming from Mexico, their acquisition of the chemical weapons in Iraq, our boarder that 70% of illegals are getting though is no laughing matter, or one that should be taken lightly. Our government has a responsibility to the Citizens of the United States, that is what they are paid for, not for them to take our  well being like a grain of salt, be it Ebola, ISIS, the corruption scandals that keep popping up left and right, to our rights being infringed on. Time for we the people to stand up and get our own countries ducks in a row, our own people taken care of,  our safety and well being taken care of, our own people taken car of.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/19 21:51:23 (permalink)

Miss Vinson, the 2nd nurse to contract Ebola, is seeking out a high profile attorney. My first guess is she wants lots of money. I could be wrong though.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ebola-patient-amber-vinson-hires-high-powered-attorney/

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/19 22:56:40 (permalink)
XrayMan

Miss Vinson, the 2nd nurse to contract Ebola, is seeking out a high profile attorney. My first guess is she wants lots of money. I could be wrong though.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ebola-patient-amber-vinson-hires-high-powered-attorney/

Maybe the only thing Ebola is afraid of is a good lawyer.

I hope this whole "Ebola is airborne" craziness will stop soon.....it is not and most likely never will go airborne. It's mode of transmission will not change....just the severity.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/19 23:18:50 (permalink)
kaninja
XrayMan

I hope this whole "Ebola is airborne" craziness will stop soon.....it is not and most likely never will go airborne. It's mode of transmission will not change....just the severity.

I wish you would just stop thinking that way as if it could not become airborne. Many of you that are thinking like that are VERY delusional. Its a virus for crying out loud so dont act like it cant mutate and adapt. Barack Obama and the head of the CDC need to quit saying that we know exactly how Ebola spreads.  Because the truth is that there is much about this virus that we simply do not know. Peter Jahrling of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease is on the front lines fighting this disease in Liberia.  He is one of the top authorities in the world on Ebola, and what his team has been seeing under the microscope is incredibly sobering. Other top scientists are making similar observations. The following comes from a recent article posted on Washington's Blog. Here is the video of that talk on C-Span.  But even if we were dealing with the exact same strain of Ebola, that does not mean that our leaders are telling us the truth when they say that it is not an airborne virus. Just check out the following quotes from top scientists about the spread of Ebola from a recent Los Angeles Times article. So when Barack Obama and Thomas Frieden get up and tell us that they know with 100% certainty that Ebola is not airborne, the are lying to you. There is so much about this outbreak that we simply do not know. Our public officials should be honest about that. Instead, it seems like they are flying by the seats of their pants and just saying whatever they think will keep everyone calm. We are potentially facing the greatest health crisis of this generation, and bad science and false assurances are not going to help anyone. So far the federal response to this Ebola crisis has been a parade of incompetence. And yet we continue to be told that "everything is under control". I don't know about you, but I have a bad feeling about all of this.

Edit: You happy now. No more quotes from articles just hyperlinks.
post edited by HAZMAN_THE_GREAT - 2014/10/20 06:17:25

NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 12570
  • Ribbons : 77
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/20 04:17:00 (permalink)
kaninja
XrayMan

It's also quite likely that the nurse is simply trying to do what she can to limit information about herself from going public, in an effort to maintain some semblance of privacy.  It's not like the family explained why they hired the attorney.  Oh right, they did:

In the statement, obtained by CBS affiliate WOIO in Cleveland, the family said they "are troubled by some of the negative public comments and media coverage that mischaracterize Amber and her actions."

"Suggestions that she ignored any of the physician and government-provided protocols recommended to her are patently untrue and hurtful. In the interest of Amber and our family, we have retained esteemed attorney Billy Martin to provide us with legal counsel during this unfortunate and troubling time," the family said in the statement.

It's also likely that the family wants to determine potential liability if someone sues the hospital, and her individually, due to any number of potential reasons.

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/20 04:41:39 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

[...]
Instead, it seems like they are flying by the seats of their pants and just saying whatever they think will keep everyone calm. We are potentially facing the greatest health crisis of this generation, and bad science and false assurances are not going to help anyone. [...]

Couldn't agree more.  Quoting Infowars articles in their near entirety seems like flying by the seat of your pants when posting.

The TOS states:

• Copyright Protected Material - Observe all copyright laws, EULA's, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, credit the original author and include a link to the original source, if possible. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
It's gone on long enough.  Infowars articles are copyrighted, and posts of the sort you made above are a violation of copyright.  No, you are not protected by fair use, especially when you quote as much of the article as you have and try to pass off portions of the article as part of your own commentary.  Post a link to your source, as required by the TOS, and only quote brief and relevant portions; not the entire article or nearly the entire article.  If it ends up breaking the TOS, then it won't be permitted.  Instead, find another source that doesn't break the TOS.  Simply block quoting an article to remove content not permitted isn't enough to get past the TOS, especially when you break other portions of the TOS in doing so.

I'm not suggesting you edit your previous posts at this time, but I expect future posts to comply with this post.  This applies to everyone who posts on the forum, of course.

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/20 06:33:43 (permalink)
NordicJedi
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

[...]
Instead, it seems like they are flying by the seats of their pants and just saying whatever they think will keep everyone calm. We are potentially facing the greatest health crisis of this generation, and bad science and false assurances are not going to help anyone. [...]

Couldn't agree more.  Quoting Infowars articles in their near entirety seems like flying by the seat of your pants when posting.

The TOS states:

• Copyright Protected Material - Observe all copyright laws, EULA's, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, credit the original author and include a link to the original source, if possible. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
It's gone on long enough.  Infowars articles are copyrighted, and posts of the sort you made above are a violation of copyright.  No, you are not protected by fair use, especially when you quote as much of the article as you have and try to pass off portions of the article as part of your own commentary.  Post a link to your source, as required by the TOS, and only quote brief and relevant portions; not the entire article or nearly the entire article.  If it ends up breaking the TOS, then it won't be permitted.  Instead, find another source that doesn't break the TOS.  Simply block quoting an article to remove content not permitted isn't enough to get past the TOS, especially when you break other portions of the TOS in doing so.

I'm not suggesting you edit your previous posts at this time, but I expect future posts to comply with this post.  This applies to everyone who posts on the forum, of course.

There is no way I am copy righting anything. So basically I cant quote anymore articles and leave a hyperlink to it now? Also it is fair use because I am crediting the source with a link to the article. Another reason why its fair use is because I am not trying to get commercial use from quoting any articles. If I was trying to commercialize it then it would be a violation of copyright. But we are on a tech forum so why on Earth would I do that LOL. Just to let you know I use to do this ALL the time when I was in college back in the end of 2008-2013. When I wrote my essays I use to quote the article(s) too like I have been doing here lately. The only difference was I had to site my source and put it into MLA format or APA format. So I guess I will be doing the same thing that I have always been doing but put it in MLA format.

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/20 09:39:28 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
kaninja
XrayMan

I wish you would just stop thinking that way as if it could not become airborne. Many of you that are thinking like that are VERY delusional. Its a virus for crying out loud so dont act like it cant mutate and adapt.

Look here. We have over 100 years of data on how infectious diseases work. We have 100 years of data on viruses and all of the different strains of each virus. Of all the viruses we have ever studied that infect humans not one of them, nor one of their offshoot strains has EVER changed it's mode of transmission......EVER. Yes viruses mutate and new strains branch off from the original, but none of the mutations we have ever studied have changed the mode of transmission from it's predecessor. It can mutate to become more infectious, or have a higher mortality rate, or the opposite. However no mutations have ever changed the mode by which a virus infects humans. I feel like I am on crazy pills here, so much fear mongering and not enough common sense and reason. Ebola is not airborne, and is not "becoming" airborne.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/20 11:02:52 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

There is no way I am copy righting anything. So basically I cant quote anymore articles and leave a hyperlink to it now? Also it is fair use because I am crediting the source with a link to the article. Another reason why its fair use is because I am not trying to get commercial use from quoting any articles. If I was trying to commercialize it then it would be a violation of copyright. But we are on a tech forum so why on Earth would I do that LOL. Just to let you know I use to do this ALL the time when I was in college back in the end of 2008-2013. When I wrote my essays I use to quote the article(s) too like I have been doing here lately. The only difference was I had to site my source and put it into MLA format or APA format. So I guess I will be doing the same thing that I have always been doing but put it in MLA format.

No, you aren't copyrighting anything.  You're infringing upon another's copyright in the way you're posting articles, as you did in this thread.  If you were to quote an article and attribute the link to the original source that you're copying from, that would at least be an improvement.  Posting a link to an article that your original source credited as a source, along with other material that you're copying from your original source, isn't crediting the original source.  If you wanted to do that, you would link from that source, and provide commentary based on that article, not copying and pasting what another website said about the article.  Lastly, your understanding of copyright and the fair use exception is severely flawed:

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/
http://fairuse.stanford.e...fair-use/four-factors/
  • Crediting the source with a link to the article is a factor, but does not on its own make a use of copyrighted material "fair use."
    • You've edited your post now, but you're still copying portions out of an Infowars article without posting a link to the original source.  You know that.
  • Use of the material for commercial or non-commercial purpose is also a factor, but non-commercial use of copyrighted material can also be infringing.
On a final point, if this is what you were doing "ALL" the time when you were in college, you'd probably have been written up for plagiarism, as that's precisely what you're doing here.  However, the TOS does not prohibit plagiarism; just copyright infringement, among others.  

If you would like to discuss this further, send me a PM.  The thread needs to get back on topic.

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/20 19:58:33 (permalink)
Outbreak in Nigeria is officially over. The last case reported there was twice Ebola's incubation period ago. WHO positive West African outbreak will be contained.

Thug21
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 268
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/20 20:23:22 (permalink)
I wonder if Nigeria will re open their borders now.

CoolerMaster HAF X blue - i7 4790  - Asus Sabertooth Mark 2
Samsung Pro 512GB SSD - 3TB WD Black -
8 GB G.Skill 2100
EVGA GTX 980 
Noctua NH-U12DO 
- Corsair 1000HX

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/20 20:27:20 (permalink)
Thug21

They did not close their borders.

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/20 20:29:49 (permalink)
kaninja
Thug21

They restricted their flights. BTW, even Tori Spelling is under quarantine.

&nbsp
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/20 20:49:40 (permalink)
XrayMan
kaninja
Thug21

Did they put her into quarantine for horse face? I hear that is going around too.
Thug21
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 268
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/20 20:51:50 (permalink)
That hazmat suit better be hard to see out of or I think we'll have one heck of a sick health care worker...

CoolerMaster HAF X blue - i7 4790  - Asus Sabertooth Mark 2
Samsung Pro 512GB SSD - 3TB WD Black -
8 GB G.Skill 2100
EVGA GTX 980 
Noctua NH-U12DO 
- Corsair 1000HX

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/23 20:23:32 (permalink)

Ebola in NYC now.. (Deleted 3 letters/abbreviation for foul language)  [link]

"After confirming that tests showed a patient tested positive for Ebola, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said, "We want to state at the outset there is no reason for New Yorkers to be alarmed.""

Oh really? OH REALLY????  I am FURIOUS. Read on to see why....

The Ebola patient finished his work as a doctor in the West African country of Guinea on October 12, left Africa two days later via Europe, and arrived at New York's John F. Kennedy airport on October 17.

This doctor, identified as Craig Spencer, 33, who had been in contact with ebola patients, returns to NYC, does not quarantine himself like he was supposed to, starts feeling "sluggish" for several days before, but rather than reporting it or at the very least quarantining himself, this idiot spends those days out and about in public, and finally reports in when he has a 103 degree fever, nausea, pain and fatigue  ...and of course he tested positive for ebola.

This (Word deleted for language) doctor traveled to Brooklyn and then back to Manhattan on Wednesday night to go bowling with some friends, and this is when he was in the initial stages if an infectious state, if he wasn't already for the several days beforehand when he was feeling "sluggish".

Yes, the mayor of NYC says the doctor exhibited symptoms of the Ebola virus for "a very brief period of time" and had direct contact with "very few people" in New York, but then it goes on to say he traveled between Manhattan & Brooklyn and back again on Wednesday, the same freaking day he had already turned contagious. A law enforcement official confirmed the doctor was out in public. ie: the subway.

Guess what me & my wife do every freaking day, including Wednesday night: travel between Manhattan & Brooklyn on the subway for work - on the two main lines running from Manhattan to Brooklyn.

This ASS should be criminally charged - if he doesn't die. I am sorely tested not to track him down and punch his frigging head in should he survive. He put at risk the lives of my wife, my 2 year old daughter, and myself, out of nothing but sheer arrogance. I am REALLY ANGRY.

In fact this guy better damn well be criminally charged. I do a lot of work with the DA's Office in both Manhattan and Brooklyn, and I will definitely be talking to a few of my ADA friends about this.

UPDATE: Now coming out that this moron took multiple different subways on Wednesday night, traveling right through the entire length of Manhattan by subway. Returned by taxi because he was feeling too ill. The places he went to have been shut down, his entire apartment block sealed off now.. and right Mayor Douchebag, nothing to worry about.. riiiiight.  He also was out at a restaurant and went bowling the same night, had been to movies.. this guy was out almost constantly by the sound of it - and he's supposed to be a doctor! There is NO EXCUSE for this. NONE.

"We had the advantage of learning from the Dallas experience," Gov Cuomo said.

Oh really? And exactly what did you learn Gov Cuomo? How to completely screw up the situation? You learned jack, because you already have incompetence down to a fine art.

Craig Spencer, if by any chance you are reading this, you piece of crap, you better pray my wife or daughter don't come down with ebola - assuming you survive.

post edited by XrayMan - 2014/10/23 20:43:53

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/23 20:45:38 (permalink)

Watch the Foul Language. Last time I'm going to say it.

&nbsp
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/23 21:16:45 (permalink)
XrayMan

Watch the Foul Language. Last time I'm going to say it.

Sorry, I'm obviously angry and slipped up, and thanks for not deleting my entire post.. but wow, I just can't believe this guy and how irresponsible he was.

Um the plus side... I might actually get a seat on the train tomorrow (normally it's too crowded). Great.

post edited by Nereus - 2014/10/23 21:35:13

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/23 21:29:01 (permalink)

WOW.. CNN have changed the title of the article and now saying he had no symptoms until Thursday.. that is NOT what it said about 30 minutes ago. And why did he catch a taxi home on Wednesday night instead of the subway that got him there if now he wasn't sick?

Oh wait, they say "he was feeling faint" in the days preceding now....

Sounds like they are once again in cover-up mode.

post edited by Nereus - 2014/10/23 21:30:32

NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/24 01:40:57 (permalink)
You do realize that you're still far more likely to be killed by a NYC cabbie than you are Ebola, right?

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/24 02:14:29 (permalink)
NordicJedi
You do realize that you're still far more likely to be killed by a NYC cabbie than you are Ebola, right?

Doesn't mean you shouldn't take precaution.

Trust me, I play the lottery.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/24 05:30:50 (permalink)
NordicJedi

What about a cabbie with ebola? Yeah, didn't see that one coming did ya? lol..  but seriously, like RushXTC says, it doesn't mean you shouldn't take precautions, in the same way you shouldn't try crossing the road in Manhattan if there's a yellow cab in sight, because they will try to run you down.

srtie4k
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1589
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/24 05:48:05 (permalink)
This thread is turning into nothing but fear mongering. Frankly, it's pathetic.

Gaming Rig:
Corsair Vegeance C70, Swiftech H220, Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz (1.24V), Asus Sabertooth Z77, Corsair AX860, 16GB Corsair Vegeance DDR3-1600 CL9 1.35V, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Dell 2408WFP, Corsair K70 Cherry Red, Corsair M65, Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Steambox/HTPC:
Lian Li PC-Q01A, AMD A10-7800, ASRock FM2A88X-ITX, Seasonic ST30SF, 8GB Samsung DDR3-1600 @ 1866, Samsung 840 Evo 250GB MSATA SSD

Affiliate Code: KKDMX98FNV
donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15886
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/24 07:23:32 (permalink)

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/24 07:28:01 (permalink)
srtie4k
This thread is turning into nothing but fear mongering. Frankly, it's pathetic.

I could not agree with you more.

Stephenk291
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1023
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/24 07:45:14 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
XrayMan
kaninja
Thug21

Did they put her into quarantine for horse face? I hear that is going around too.

lmao

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/24 09:55:46 (permalink)
Nereus
NordicJedi

What about a cabbie with ebola? Yeah, didn't see that one coming did ya? lol..  but seriously, like RushXTC says, it doesn't mean you shouldn't take precautions, in the same way you shouldn't try crossing the road in Manhattan if there's a yellow cab in sight, because they will try to run you down.

Actually, I was going to first say, "more likely killed by a NYC cabbie distracted by talking about ebola than...", and figured you'd say something similar.

Of course, take precautions.  Nothing wrong or stupid about that.  But notice that nobody else has gotten sick "yet" beyond nurses and doctors, who've been treating patients with Ebola.  Not even the family of the first guy in Texas.  Let's hope that streak continues.

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
Page: << < ..67 > Showing page 6 of 7
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile