Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 17
2014/10/20 06:45:08 (permalink)
My bad for creating another new thread, But I just got fired. (EDIT: I was just told that I haven't been officially fired, That I have a meeting with HR tomorrow)

Last night I had an incident with a supervisor and I believe he got fired as well, But I don't think this is fair... Here's what happened yesterday :

10/18/2014 Incident Report (Raudel De Leon, ID# 6148)

On 10/18/2014 At around 11:10PM-11:50PM, One of the Foundry Leadman came to the tool-crib asking for sand paper and a painters spray sock, Mario and I gave him the things requested, Victor then stepped to the side and that’s when Foundry Supervisor Raudel De Leon (ID# 6148) approached the tool-crib in an aggressive manner, Shouting at both Mario and I, That we can’t be holding people back like that and that we should give them anything they need (This being after we already gave his employee everything he requested). I told him to mind his own business and get the hell out of here, To which he shouted some more things and then reached into the tool-crib (I was inside the tool-crib and he was outside) through the open part of the gated area and grabbed me by my shirts collar, Raudel began to pull my shirt, To which in return I smacked/pushed his hand off me and I told him not to touch me, in return he reached inside and swung with an open hand, I felt it hit my left arm, I again pushed his hand away from me and told him again not to touch me, To which he reached in and swung with an open hand and hit me on my left cheek/chin. And I reached out of the tool-crib and pushed him back with 1 arm and told him that he shouldn’t be doing that, I was awed by what had just happened, I didn’t mind the shirt pulling as much, But when he smacked me on my face I think he went too far for it to be a “Joke”.

Raudel then told me to lower my tone and not talk to him like that because he is a supervisor and that I need to respect supervisors, This after he had just hit me multiple times, Which I told him he went too far by laying his hands on me. I did tell him I would report him and he tried to play it off saying that we should just drop it and forget about what happened, But I did tell him that I couldn’t let it go because of what he had just done and that he should just go back to work. Raudel then walked away and told Victor (Foundry leadman) to go back to his department.

Mario and I discussed what had just happened and he confirmed that he saw the whole thing and that I should write an incident report because no matter who you are, You shouldn’t lay your hands on anyone, Especially at work.

-Sergio G.

I have 2-3 other witnesses that saw I did nothing to him for him to hit me, Yet I was fired for reporting this incident...

Opinions?
post edited by RushXTC - 2014/10/20 10:34:00

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

36 Replies Related Threads

Holo
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3328
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 07:01:50 (permalink)
    You told one of your superiors to mind their own business and get the hell out of here? While his reaction is certainly not adequate, neither is yours in that situation.

LJennings
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 535
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 07:06:48 (permalink)
    Only thing I noticed that you did "wrong" : "I told him to mind his own business and get the h* out of here"
    Proper response: "If you are unhappy with my performance here at work, please see my superior."
    I doubt you were fired for reporting the incident, unless the company policy states something weird like that.
    It does sound like wrongful termination to me, but I'm not a lawyer.

Heatware
    i7 860, EVGA P55 SLI, EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC+ 3GB, Win 10 Pro 64-Bit, Crucial 240GB SSD, WD 500gig Caviar Black, Corsair Vengence 2x4gigs
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 07:13:01 (permalink)
    Holo
    You told one of your superiors to mind their own business and get the hell out of here? While his reaction is certainly not adequate, neither is yours in that situation.

He came in yelling like he owned the place, He's not my superior, He's a supervisor for another department, Has nothing to do with me.

There's only 1 person in the whole company, In 3rd shift that is superior to me. I'm talking about, out of 400 employees, only 1 can say anything to me.

zildjian75
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1261
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 07:15:09 (permalink)
    Here's what you did wrong...

When he reached through the gate, you should have grabbed his arm and snapped it back, thereby hyper-extending and snapping his elbow.  Next, as he screamed like a scalded dog in pain, you should have reached through the gate, grabbed the back of his head and pulled his face straight into the gate breaking his nose.  Next, push the gate straight back into his face thereby knocking him to the ground. You would have then been free to exit the tool crib and begin stomping his face until he begged for his life.

Only then, should you have reported it to your supervisor. Then you would have been free to follow company SOP's and call the maintenance department to come clean up a spill at the tool crib.

"The wise know their weakness too well to assume infallibility; and he who knows most, knows best how little he knows."   Thomas Jefferson

RIG#1 (Home) - i7 4790k @ 4.4ghz w/ CM V8 GTS - EVGA Z97 Classified - Win10 64bit - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) @ 2133mhz - 2 x EVGA GTX 980SC in SLI - Corsair AX850 - 250GB Samsung Evo (main) - 500GB Samsung Evo (games) - 1TB WD Black (misc) - Aerocool Strike-X (Cheesy... But effective!)

Holo
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 07:16:03 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    Holo

He came in yelling like he owned the place, He's not my superior, He's a supervisor for another department, Has nothing to do with me.

There's only 1 person in the whole company, In 3rd shift that is superior to me. I'm talking about, out of 400 employees, only 1 can say anything to me.

You have the same attitude as one of my friends. No one is under you, they are all your peers and equals until you need to put your foot down - if needed. To tell another department supervisor that would probably ruffle his feathers. I don't agree anyone should be let go for what you said but as most states are right to work they can end termination on any grounds they want.

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 07:22:16 (permalink)
    Holo
    RushXTC
    Holo

You have the same attitude as one of my friends. No one is under you, they are all your peers and equals until you need to put your foot down - if needed. To tell another department supervisor that would probably ruffle his feathers. I don't agree anyone should be let go for what you said but as most states are right to work they can end termination on any grounds they want.

I understand we are all equal, However there is a hierarchy that each company follows, That's the only thing I meant by that comment... It's because I'm in a different department and they are only supervisors to their department. The only person "Above" me in the hierarchy of MY department is the night shift plant manager.

zildjian75

When he reached through the gate, you should have grabbed his arm and snapped it back, thereby hyper-extending and snapping his elbow.  Next, as he screamed like a scalded dog in pain, you should have reached through the gate, grabbed the back of his head and pulled his face straight into the gate breaking his nose.  Next, push the gate straight back into his face thereby knocking him to the ground. You would have then been free to exit the tool crib and begin stomping his face until he begged for his life.

Only then, should you have reported it to your supervisor. Then you would have been free to follow company SOP's and call the maintenance department to come clean up a spill at the tool crib.

Then I'd be the bad guy.

zildjian75
    FTW Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 07:26:13 (permalink)
    In all seriousness Rush...  I would talk to attorney.  IMO, that "supervisor" just opened the door a mile wide for a lawsuit...  Especially if the "supervisor" was not terminated as well.

Maybe you will get that car upgrade yet!!!!

"The wise know their weakness too well to assume infallibility; and he who knows most, knows best how little he knows."   Thomas Jefferson

RIG#1 (Home) - i7 4790k @ 4.4ghz w/ CM V8 GTS - EVGA Z97 Classified - Win10 64bit - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) @ 2133mhz - 2 x EVGA GTX 980SC in SLI - Corsair AX850 - 250GB Samsung Evo (main) - 500GB Samsung Evo (games) - 1TB WD Black (misc) - Aerocool Strike-X (Cheesy... But effective!)

zildjian75
    FTW Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 07:33:56 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    zildjian75

Then I'd be the bad guy.

Hey...  In times of violence you have to ask yourself...  What would Steven Segal do??? 

Again, talk to an attorney... A supervisor (or anyone for that matter) cannot threaten with violence.  That leaves the company vulnerable for the actions of said employee...  Violence is not tolerated in the workplace.

Good Luck.

Baltothewolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3762
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 07:47:31 (permalink)
    What the f. Dude that's beyond wrongful termination. If you have written statements from the 2-3 other employees, along with the original incident report (as you do above) then it's a open close case. Did there happen to be cameras?

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
    -7700HQ.
    -16GB RAM.
    -GTX 1070.
    -128GB SSD.
    -1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 07:49:54 (permalink)
    Baltothewolf
    What the f. Dude that's beyond wrongful termination. If you have written statements from the 2-3 other employees, along with the original incident report (as you do above) then it's a open close case. Did there happen to be cameras?

Supposedly there was, That they were going to review them, But I've been in this company long enough to know it's BS.

Not too long ago, an employee got run over outside of the company, while crossing from 1 side to another (There's 3 sides in total) and theres 2 cameras pointing there... They were dummies, LOL.

JustinHEMI
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 886
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 07:55:37 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    Holo

I am a shift manager in the operations department of my power plant. If an employee in, say, maintenance, told me to mind my business and get the hell out of here, he'd be fired too.

Your firing is the result of your actions. Instead of looking to deflect blame, learn from the experience and move on.

Those that say that this is "open/shut wrongful termination" are incorrect. Just because he laid hands on you, which is egregious and he'll also likely be terminated, does not negate what you did in the incident.

Justin
    post edited by JustinHEMI - 2014/10/20 08:00:20

| Intel i7 12900KS | Asus Z690 ROG Strix | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 |
    | 32gb G Skill DDR5 6000C36 | EVGA SuperNova G6 1000 | 1TB Samsung 980/970 M.2s | 
    Sennheiser DAC/AMP | Fractal Design Torrent | Arctic Liquid Freezer 420 | Asus PG278QR |
    Sennheiser HD660s | Asus ROG Strix TKL | Logitech G502 Lightspeed |

zildjian75
    FTW Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 08:02:19 (permalink)
    JustinHEMI
    I am a shift manager in the operations department of my power plant. If an employee in, say, maintenance told me to mind my business and get the hell out of here, he'd be fired too.

Your firing is the result of your actions. Instead of looking to deflect blame, learn from the experience and move on.

Justin

If it were me, I agree, accept the blame and move on with your life.... But the title of this thread is "So much for upgrading cars", so I'm just trying to explain to him that all hope is not lost... He still might be able to upgrade his ride. 

Where is my blue ribbon??? 

Holo
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 08:11:25 (permalink)
    JustinHEMI
    RushXTC
    Holo

I am a shift manager in the operations department of my power plant. If an employee in, say, maintenance, told me to mind my business and get the hell out of here, he'd be fired too.

Those that say that this is "open/shut wrongful termination" are incorrect. Just because he laid hands on you, which is egregious and he'll also likely be terminated, does not negate what you did in the incident.

Justin

As justin said, and he's 100% right. When a supervisor does something wrong, follow the chain of command. If a supervisor came up to me saying that, I'd tell him to take it up with my boss, said supervisor put his hands on me, that'd go straight to the manager I report to. Never take things into your own hands.

finiousfingers
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 377
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 08:49:44 (permalink)
    hehe, as a management person at my work, I cringed when I read this.
    As the fired person, you have more rights then you probably know about. Unless you work in some 3rd world country that is.
    He for one can't threaten you, he also can't hit you, hell he can't touch you with that kind of intent. 
    There is no "joke" in the work place when it comes to violence or someone fired. 
    I would be curious to hear why you were fired though, maybe I missed it.
    That other supervisor should have been fired. But, if he has a history of lashing out then he probably needs some work place retraining on anger management, chain of command, harassment, etiquette, and conflict resolution.

I personally would get the lawyer. Sure you can file for unemployment but that is small potatoes compared to what you can get with the suit. If you were fired then its a blemish that can be hard to overcome.

If you follow the American dream and get the lawyer and sue, you can then not have to stress about the blemish and instead honk when you drive by with the new mustang.

Good luck bud.

+1 My Rig Please and Thank You

CPU: i7 980X OCd to 4.4Ghz | Board: EVGA X58 FTW3 | Power: EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2 | RAM: G-Skill Perfect Storm 2000 mhz. @8-8-8-21 | Case: Haf 932 | Cooler: Corsair H110 | GPU: 770 4GB x2 SLI    

Antivirus programs are like condoms. 
    If you don't use them right then they won't work no matter how nice they look or feel. 

JustinHEMI
    SSC Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 09:00:49 (permalink)
    finiousfingers

I would be curious to hear why you were fired though, maybe I missed it.

"I told him to mind his own business and get the hell out of here"

I'm betting that there's more to the story, but that would be enough.

Justin

| 32gb G Skill DDR5 6000C36 | EVGA SuperNova G6 1000 | 1TB Samsung 980/970 M.2s | 
    Sennheiser DAC/AMP | Fractal Design Torrent | Arctic Liquid Freezer 420 | Asus PG278QR |

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 10:13:44 (permalink)
    JustinHEMI
    RushXTC
    Holo

Justin

I didn't get fired.

Misunderstanding, But he did.

finiousfingers
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 377
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 10:20:57 (permalink)
    oh ok, well then, yeah he should be fired and yet he will still get unemployment because of some preexisting issues with anger or something. 
    Hell, we had a guy that got fired for drinking heavily on the job and got caught. Drank a pint of vodka during break and could barely walk when he came out of the bathroom. He got unemployment and alcohol treatment program paid by us for his problem.
    sigh, no justice anymore.

+1 My Rig Please and Thank You

CPU: i7 980X OCd to 4.4Ghz | Board: EVGA X58 FTW3 | Power: EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2 | RAM: G-Skill Perfect Storm 2000 mhz. @8-8-8-21 | Case: Haf 932 | Cooler: Corsair H110 | GPU: 770 4GB x2 SLI    

Antivirus programs are like condoms. 
    If you don't use them right then they won't work no matter how nice they look or feel. 

LJennings
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 535
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 10:27:59 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    My bad for creating another new thread, But I just got fired.

Dude, fix the OP....
    http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2237559 <- says you didn't get fired...

make up my mind...

Heatware
    i7 860, EVGA P55 SLI, EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC+ 3GB, Win 10 Pro 64-Bit, Crucial 240GB SSD, WD 500gig Caviar Black, Corsair Vengence 2x4gigs
    JustinHEMI
    SSC Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 12:07:01 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    JustinHEMI
    RushXTC
    Holo

Justin

I didn't get fired.

Misunderstanding, But he did.

Congratulations! There's still lessons to be learned, on your part, whether you ignore them or not.

Justin

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 13:43:53 (permalink)
    Either way, I'd lay low for awhile. You're on HR's radar at the moment. It'll be interesting to see how they play the next job performance review with you having that incident which they're liable for.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2014/10/20 13:45:29
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 13:47:38 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Either way, I'd lay low for awhile. You're on HR's radar at the moment. It'll be interesting to see how they play the next job performance review with you having that incident which they're liable for.

Yeah, I know... Not I heard my HR meeting is today at 4PM...

Btw, They made it a big deal because I filed another incident report like 3 nights ago.

The security guard upon exiting the parking lot, Was supposed to check my trunk as they always do... Visually!

The night shift security guard moved my subwoofers, Which had small cables, and caused the cables to rip and I didn't like that.

Baltothewolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 18:47:04 (permalink)
    Meeting at 4, any updates?

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
    -7700HQ.
    -16GB RAM.
    -GTX 1070.
    -128GB SSD.

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 19:04:38 (permalink)
    Yeah, Turns out that there was 4 incident reports, Mine and my co-workers matched, His and his employees matched as well...

I guess this is why he pulled him back to his work area, to tell him what to say in case anyone asked. -_-.

Anyways, We both got 3 days suspension because "since there was only 4 and there's 2 and 2, we have to punish you both".

I also addressed the part where the night shift manager threatened to fire me for "Not being able to work along side" someone who hit me, I told him next time I get hit, Whether it's punched or with an object, I'll keep it to myself. Why? Because I'm in fear of losing my job for reporting an incident.

Edit: She counted my 2 regular days off as my suspension and also requested that I work overtime to make up for my days lost =P!

But I will be applying at different places in an attempt to leave this place. I'll probably wait until November to leave, Because my boss already told me I can take 4 days off for Halloween, (Yes, Even after this incident) because I'm going to Sacramento with the family!
    post edited by RushXTC - 2014/10/20 19:08:07

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 19:32:23 (permalink)
    So assault/battery occurred and no one was fired? Did they require you to sign a non-disclosure about the incident? Wonder what the window would be for filing a report with the police?
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/20 19:33:42 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    So assault/battery occurred and no one was fired? Did they require you to sign a non-disclosure about the incident?

No and No.

Also, The 3 day suspension was verbal.... I didn't even sign a warning or any suspension notice.

I have my statement and my co-workers statement, I'm going to e-mail HR and request an official 3 day suspension notice stating the reason.

Demonik5150
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4558
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/21 12:15:19 (permalink)
     Sounds to me like you got rocked bro.... 

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/21 21:38:30 (permalink)
    Demonik5150

Nah, He slapped me.

Like literally slapped me, Instead of getting fired by knocking him out, I reported him.

I also was transferred by request to a different, Which is way better for me, health wise. I used to be 3rd shift, 10:30pm-7am for a whole year, Now I'm 2nd shift starting tomorrow, 2:30pm-11pm.

Baltothewolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/21 22:25:05 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    Demonik5150

Nah, He slapped me.

Like literally slapped me, Instead of getting fired (And arrested) by knocking him out, I reported him.

I also was transferred by request to a different, Which is way better for me, health wise. I used to be 3rd shift, 10:30pm-7am for a whole year, Now I'm 2nd shift starting tomorrow, 2:30pm-11pm.

Fixed. I'm glad you have self control, if someone ever slapped me like that I would beat them to death. 

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
    -7700HQ.
    -16GB RAM.
    -GTX 1070.
    -128GB SSD.

jeffro66
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6912
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: So much for upgrading cars! 2014/10/22 01:41:20 (permalink)
    good for you not beating the crap out of him know it was hard and you still have a job and others are right your tongue can be your worst enemy you cant take back whats said

case;Phanteks Enthoo 719 High Performance Full Tower  i9-12900ks MSI MPG Z690 CARBON WIFI kingston fury beast 64gig rgb ddr5
     lian li 360b galahad aio
     ,Nvidia RTX4090 FE
    ,super flower 1000 platinium power supply,wd black M.2 2TB NVMe,windows11 -LG ultragear 38 inch ips monitor 
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile