EVGA

GTX 650 TI boost 2GB constant crashing

Author
stankie
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/10/20 12:49:58 (permalink)
Hey guys I have a GTX 650TI Boost SC 2GB, I have had it for almost a year now and have been experiencing crashing on it for the past 8 months. I live in a rural area so I have not had internet access for quite some time. It happens whenever I am playing any video game. I can play for no longer than 30m without it crashing the drivers/game or my computer. It makes a buzzing noise and i have to reboot. I have msi afterburner and I tried to increase fan speed but I dont think temperature is the issue. It operates around 55-68C. Im not quite sure If it is defective but I hope not. Is there any way I can fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply Related Threads

GeorgeP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 50
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: GTX 650 TI boost 2GB constant crashing 2014/10/21 15:53:02 (permalink)
    Hello, stankie

At this point I'd recommend doing a clean installation of the graphics drivers and removing any miscellaneous monitoring software.  I’d recommend removing what Nvidia drivers are possible while still in Windows, most importantly, PhysX, Geforce Experience, 3D Vision, etc.  There may be a point where you need to restart before you can continue so you will need to do so but it would be best to boot into safe mode after.  For Windows 8, you’ll want to set up the system to boot up in Safe mode while in Windows.  Press both the Windows key and X, a menu will open and click on the command prompt.  Type msconfig and on the next screen on the Boot Tab click the box next to Safe Boot (once done with safe mode you’ll need to do the same thing to boot normal).  Reboot.

Once in safe mode, continue uninstalling the drivers.  After removing the drivers delete the Nvidia and Nvidia Corporation folder in C://, C://Programs Files and C://Program Files(x86).  Reboot into Windows normally.  Back in Windows install the drivers using the Custom option and check the box next to Perform a clean installation.
     If the graphic's drivers are still crashing, test the card in another PCI-E slot if the motherboard has another one available or just reseat it in its slot if there are no other ones, additionally make sure the 6/8 pin PCI-E power cable/s are inserted properly.

Lastly, if there is another system available where you could test the graphics card in, I would highly recommend doing so as that will completely isolate the card from your current hardware and software and either know that the card is at fault or that there is another underlying issue in the system.

Please let us know what observations you have made.

Regards,
    EVGA Support
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile