UV Plus+ 39 Kind of not working on MacBook Pro

Author
cesarol911
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2013/09/25 19:54:54 (permalink)
Hey everybody. 

I currently have a MacBook Pro (17-inch MID 2010) running Mac OSX 10.8.5.

For some reason the device is only detected in 1 out of the 3 USB ports that I have available, and I don't know why. I would really like to know how it could be recognized by the other ports. The port that DOES recognize it seems to be the one furthest away from the power supply input. Is there an uneven power distribution that Apple has engineered in their motherboard that would cause it to not function properly with other USB ports? At the moment, no other USB peripheral devices are occupying the other two USB ports when the EVGA product is connected. Any advice would be gladly appreciated. Thanks!
post edited by cesarol911 - 2013/09/25 19:57:18

2 Replies Related Threads

_MattV
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 301
    Re: UV Plus+ 39 Kind of not working on MacBook Pro 2013/09/26 20:56:42 (permalink)
    Hello Cesarol911,

Have you tried any other USB devices in those other USB ports? Does the indicator light on the UV+ illuminate when plugged into the other 2 ports? Have you tried uninstalling the DisplayLink software and reinstalling it?

brianjfey
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: UV Plus+ 39 Kind of not working on MacBook Pro 2014/10/20 09:56:53 (permalink)
    I just bought a brand new computer:  

I also bought a monitor to match the All-in-One PC Screen -- it's a:  

When the hardware arrived, I wasn't able to get the two monitors to work together in the manner I had expected they would -- so I did my research and found your product and bought it:   

Your product arrived this morning. 

I followed your instructions and used your Install Disk for the Drivers. When I rebooted the PC (as instructed) -- the system indicated that the driver installed didn't work with Windows 8.1. But that I could download the appropriate driver from: DisplayLink.

I downloaded their Windows 8.1 Driver and now I'm getting a windows BLUE SCREEN with the following error message:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA_DLKMD.SYS

This is a very bad situation for me -- I sincere hope that someone in your support department can help me resolve this.

You can contact me as follows:

or 

Sincerely,

Brian J. Fey
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile