Ebola coming to a state near you.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 7
Author
Bruno747
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/05 14:03:08 (permalink)
That's it in moving to a desolate area. I'll deal without running water or electricity. Time to go back to living on the land completely. I'll be the one out in Alaska as far north as possible while keeping the greatest distance between me and other people I can.

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/05 14:19:37 (permalink)
Bruno747
That's it in moving to a desolate area. I'll deal without running water or electricity. Time to go back to living on the land completely. I'll be the one out in Alaska as far north as possible while keeping the greatest distance between me and other people I can.

A common misconception is that viruses can't migrate to cold areas...

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/05 15:16:20 (permalink)
Yes but it's more chance to survive because other people. If you not see people you are safe. 
Time when new deadly virus show up is only question of time. All reach families have some kind of shelters. They will not tell you off course or show as people on Discovery. Who think to make shelter close towns are doomed. You must go somewhere where 70% of people can't go with walking, cliffs, mountains. With food for at least 3 years. Best is food for army or similar thing.
No matter how deadly virus is they will tell you when many infected cases in your country show up and you will start to prepare to survive with 500.000.000 in same time. 

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

Bruno747
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/05 18:18:49 (permalink)
BF3PRO
Bruno747

A common misconception is that viruses can't migrate to cold areas...

Oh I don't doubt that it can migrate there, my main plan is being 300 miles from the nearest person I have a much lower chance of it making it to me.

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
saer.
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1301
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/05 23:57:37 (permalink)

WIZWAR
  • Total Posts : 28
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/06 00:27:04 (permalink)
usually with a virus i thought they contain it like a quaranteen till resolved and if transported to another location should be only the infected persons no contact with others and the care taker wears a safe suit and then is cleaned before leaving the facility really don't think transportation of a person with a highly contagious and deadly virus is a good idea so in transport the infected use the sink to brush their teeth and then spit in sink and use the toilet is this area decontaminated and the waste water is now a virus bath where does that go down the drain not de-contaminated its better to be safe then sorry its a 2319 we have here 
bigster
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1012
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/06 04:04:42 (permalink)
It seems they had a new serum before they were transported, and it seems to work, they are back on their feet and feeling better.
DAVE2HOT4U
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1114
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/06 05:19:39 (permalink)
Alex Jones Channel       sorry not alot of info
post edited by DAVE2HOT4U - 2014/08/06 05:34:02
BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/06 15:01:01 (permalink)
DAVE2HOT4U
Alex Jones Channel       sorry not alot of info

While I like Alex Jone he's pretty much frowned upon here it's because the truth hurts...

bigster
It seems they had a new serum before they were transported, and it seems to work, they are back on their feet and feeling better.

Or it could because they received the IV fluids there is no cure for any virus or "serum".  That's why people still get the Flu even after a flu shot (I've heard this number is low the one time I've had the flu was 4 days after I had the flu shot)...  If there was a serum I'm sure only the political class would have access to it as this smells of releasing a virus on the general population to give an excuse for Marshal Law...

saer.

Yeah no not yet if this was the case then more people would have already gotten it and there would be whole villages gone non existent because of this...  I'm going to take my mother who has been an RN for 28 years and my Uncle who has been studying ebola for 30 years over this guys I don't care what the hypothesis is...

post edited by BF3PRO - 2014/08/06 15:05:47

XeCuteU
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 322
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/07 14:04:49 (permalink)
Violence.
Biological warfare

yes that is exactl;y what it is bro...i think they should have just left them where they are, in sorry i might have some compassion for others, but ehen it comes to this kind of thing..,.um NO!, i have been reading about this all week o nthe net, and the sad thing is, im only 1 state away, if this begins an outbreak, i just cant see myself in 8 months dead because of the CDC and DOD's ignorance to let that crap in the United States, there has already been like 879 deaths and 1700+ confirmed infected, and it being the strongest strain in the Ebola virus strain, i can only say this...if as Doctor got it, and we all know how careful a doctor is and how they treat things when coming into contact with infected people, and 2 of them got it? and probably took all the correrct measures to keep from getting the disease? then how is the normal every day american going to keep from getting it? its going to be pretty hard, and even with them bringing them into the U.S. to a normal hospital, and riding in the ambulance, well if one of my family members were in the hospital where they brought them i would be throwing a fit, this is such stupidity from out goverment to allow such a thing into our country and even RISK it..

My Affiliate Code: VVWLC2K4E5 Thank you!! 
Heatware :  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=78433

Darron
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2127
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/12 20:00:58 (permalink)
I think for one your all acting a bit over the top typical for americans (no offence) I mean I guess you like to look at all the possibilities but compared to Africa you have a much higher level of possibility of containment compared to Africa where they are having to reuse disposable gloves and suits. As for why did you bring them to the united states I think that is pretty obvious you wanted to bring them to a facility so you could monitor the effects of your new experimental drug. Im sure this would be a rare and exciting opportunity to study the Virus in a living subject that had dare I say it a more interesting and different genetic makeup to the other people who were infected catch my drift .... Some times you really need to do this research just in case you get the virus in the future or some variant of it.
Ironically these subjects might be your best shot at providing you with protection for the future, Now as for the facts previously stateing that Ebola isn't an airborne virus or that you haven't had the potential for an outbreak of Ebola before well that isn't entirely acurate... 

In the fall of 1989, dozens of macaques imported from the Philippines suddenly died at Hazelton Research Products' primate quarantine unit in Reston, where animals were kept and later sold for lab testing.
Company officials contacted the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases at Fort Detrick, Maryland — Jaax's unit — concerned they might be dealing with an outbreak of hemorrhagic fever among the monkeys.
Initial testing revealed something much worse: Ebola, specifically the Zaire strain, which had a 90 percent fatality rate in humans. Four workers at the quarantine facility tested positive for exposure to the virus.Amazingly, they never even got sick. Researchers eventually realized they were dealing with a different strain, one now known as Ebola-Reston. Though its appearance under a microscope is similar to the Zaire strain, Ebola-Reston is the only one of the five forms of Ebola not harmful to humans.

Back in 1989, there was concern that Ebola could spread through the air, said Peters, now a professor with University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. Indeed, researchers concluded there must have been some sort of aerosol spread of the virus within the monkey house, Jaax said.Later, to disinfect the air, the team cooked formaldehyde crystals on electric frying pans.)

The conclusion is based on the infection of an isolated group of monkeys they had to destroy that started showing symptoms of the virus even though they did not have any direct contact with the other infected group.

>>The ventilation system was the only link between the two areas<< 

post edited by Darron - 2014/08/12 20:07:52

In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti 

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/12 22:17:21 (permalink)
Darron
I think for one your all acting a bit over the top typical for americans (no offence) I mean I guess you like to look at all the possibilities but compared to Africa you have a much higher level of possibility of containment compared to Africa where they are having to reuse disposable gloves and suits. As for why did you bring them to the united states I think that is pretty obvious you wanted to bring them to a facility so you could monitor the effects of your new experimental drug. Im sure this would be a rare and exciting opportunity to study the Virus in a living subject that had dare I say it a more interesting and different genetic makeup to the other people who were infected catch my drift .... Some times you really need to do this research just in case you get the virus in the future or some variant of it.
Ironically these subjects might be your best shot at providing you with protection for the future, Now as for the facts previously stateing that Ebola isn't an airborne virus or that you haven't had the potential for an outbreak of Ebola before well that isn't entirely acurate... 

In the fall of 1989, dozens of macaques imported from the Philippines suddenly died at Hazelton Research Products' primate quarantine unit in Reston, where animals were kept and later sold for lab testing.
Company officials contacted the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases at Fort Detrick, Maryland — Jaax's unit — concerned they might be dealing with an outbreak of hemorrhagic fever among the monkeys.
Initial testing revealed something much worse: Ebola, specifically the Zaire strain, which had a 90 percent fatality rate in humans. Four workers at the quarantine facility tested positive for exposure to the virus.Amazingly, they never even got sick. Researchers eventually realized they were dealing with a different strain, one now known as Ebola-Reston. Though its appearance under a microscope is similar to the Zaire strain, Ebola-Reston is the only one of the five forms of Ebola not harmful to humans.

Back in 1989, there was concern that Ebola could spread through the air, said Peters, now a professor with University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. Indeed, researchers concluded there must have been some sort of aerosol spread of the virus within the monkey house, Jaax said.Later, to disinfect the air, the team cooked formaldehyde crystals on electric frying pans.)

The conclusion is based on the infection of an isolated group of monkeys they had to destroy that started showing symptoms of the virus even though they did not have any direct contact with the other infected group.

>>The ventilation system was the only link between the two areas<< 

Cross contamination...

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18915
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/12 23:01:01 (permalink)

Mutation. It is a virus after all.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2232
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/08/13 03:20:38 (permalink)
It's called life. Life finds a way. It's also called evolution. Not sure the hysteria is right. Seems to be much misinformation, as we sit around searching the internet for any possible sign of information to support our paranoia. This is great example of being afraid of the unknown. Hysteria never comes about from a position of knowledge, as it is always fueled by ignorance and misinformation. If the population is be culled by this or another event, the survivors will regroup and move on. Civilization did not die in years following the plague and it will find a way, much like this virus or organism finds a way live no matter what we do.

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49164
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/09/30 18:05:59 (permalink)
CDC confirms first case of ebola in US

It would have to be in texas. I live in texas. 
Viper97
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5208
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/09/30 18:33:38 (permalink)
Eh... Texas... it's always been a battleground state.  ;)

Tweaked
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10630
  • Ribbons : 29
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/09/30 18:39:50 (permalink)
Sajin
CDC confirms first case of ebola in US

It would have to be in texas. I live in texas. 

I live in the dfw area.

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
direraptor22
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5717
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/09/30 19:04:21 (permalink)
Zombies in TX!!

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/09/30 19:56:06 (permalink)

"The patient, who was in the U.S. visiting family in Texas, initially sought care on September 26, but was sent home and was not admitted until two days later. He was placed in isolation at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, where he remains critically ill, according to Frieden."

So the guy flies in from Liberia and 4 or 5 days later starts developing ebola symptoms, so he goes to the hospital and they send him home. Freaking morons

In case you didn't know, ebola is contagious from when symptoms start to show, so this guy was walking around for at least 2 days if not 3 or 4 days with contagious ebola.

Gawd help us if this gets into NYC with the heavily trafficked subway system... there will be no stopping it.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Killmur
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5311
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/09/30 22:03:14 (permalink)
Just like the hype up with the swine flu I am not taking this one serious either.  Swine flu was hyped up(mainstream media was mainly to blame) as being a world wide epidemic that would kill thousands of people yet it never did much damage. Same thing is happening here with ebola.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/09/30 23:10:40 (permalink)
Killmur
Just like the hype up with the swine flu I am not taking this one serious either.  Swine flu was hyped up(mainstream media was mainly to blame) as being a world wide epidemic that would kill thousands of people yet it never did much damage. Same thing is happening here with ebola.

Well.. death toll over 3,000 already and containment is proving difficult. Certainly the rate of infection hasn't leveled off by any means, unfortunately.

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/01 01:51:15 (permalink)
Ebola is blood borne. I don't make a habit of messing with other people's bodily fluids. Especially people with Ebola symptoms.
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/01 04:44:01 (permalink)
Ebola is in Dallas right now... CDC on the way, patient is isolated.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/01 05:28:43 (permalink)
AHHHHHHH!!! Out of all places in the U.S it has to be someone in my home state and where I live.  Well we know that this individual is a male and that he traveled by air from Liberia to Texas on September 19th.  At that time, he was not exhibiting any symptoms. It is being reported that he started developing symptoms on September 24th and that he sought out treatment two days later. Incredibly, he was turned away and sent home. Then on September 28th he went to a hospital again and this time he was admitted for treatment. That means that he could have potentially been spreading Ebola to others for at least four full days before finally getting treated at a hospital. At this point, the CDC is admitting that it is not known if others have been infected by this individual.  The CDC also says that it is tracking down everyone that he has been in contact with.  But over four days in a major U.S. city, you can be "in contact" with a whole lot of people.  And what about all of the people that those people were in contact with?  

At the same time that they are telling us that there is no chance that there will be an Ebola epidemic in the United States, they are also sending out guidelines to funeral homes on how to deal with dead Ebola victims...
CBS46 News has confirmed the Centers for Disease Control has issued guidelines to U.S. funeral homes on how to handle the remains of Ebola patients. If the outbreak of the potentially deadly virus is in West Africa, why are funeral homes in America being given guidelines? The three-page list of recommendations include instructing funeral workers to wear protective equipment when dealing with the remains since Ebola can be transmitted in postmortem care. It also instructs to avoid autopsies and embalming.

Hopefully they isolated this Ebola patient in Dallas in time. Hopefully he did not infect anyone else. But we need to be honest about the situation that we are potentially facing.  So far, there have been more than 6,000 cases of Ebola in Africa and more than 3,000 of those have died.  Unfortunately, even WHO officials admit that those official numbers "great underestimate" the scope of this outbreak.  The number of official cases has been doubling approximately every three weeks, and the CDC says that under a "worst case scenario" we could be looking at 1.4 million cases by the end of January 2015.

Right now all of the treatment facilities in Liberia and Sierra Leone are completely full and more than 80 percent of Ebola patients have been turned away and sent home without being treated.  It is an absolute nightmare, and now it has come to America. And as the virus continues to spread, it is inevitable that more carriers of the disease will get on airplanes headed for America. Let us pray that this is just one isolated case and that there will not be a major outbreak in this nation. Because if cases do start popping up around the country, fear will spread like wildfire and we could potentially be facing the greatest health crisis that any of us have ever seen.

One of the individuals that successfully survived this disease was Dr. Kent Brantly.  I think that the following quote from him really does a great job of summarizing what we are potentially facing...
"Many have used the analogy of a fire burning out of control to describe this unprecedented Ebola outbreak," Brantly said. "Indeed it is a fire—it is a fire straight from the pit of hell. We cannot fool ourselves into thinking that the vast moat of the Atlantic Ocean will protect us from the flames of this fire. Instead, we must mobilize the resources ... to keep entire nations from being reduced to ashes."

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/01 08:10:06 (permalink)
Killmur

To be fair, swine flu (H1N1) killed over 18,000 people world wide. It infected people in over 200 countries, so it did reach pandemic levels.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/01 08:40:13 (permalink)
kaninja
Killmur

To be fair, swine flu (H1N1) killed over 18,000 people world wide. It infected people in over 200 countries, so it did reach pandemic levels.

Ebola has already killed 3,000 and that's only in 1 country.... Wait until it begins spreading...

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

Stephenk291
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1023
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/01 08:58:37 (permalink)
Keep in mind the reason why the Ebola outbreak is so bad in Africa is the lower standard of personal hygiene and overall cleanliness standards the people unfortunately deal with there.  Ebola I don't think would take off quite as easily in the states or elsewhere.

I do however think they need to restrict flights or perhaps make sure there is an incubation period since the symptoms may not show for a week or more. However it seems like that decision will be made when its already too late.

I imagine they've found a cure for ebola since all of those people the vaccine have been given to have survived minus the 78 year old priest that was too far along and simply old. Big pharma will enjoy profits as usual.
post edited by Stephenk291 - 2014/10/01 09:00:37

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/01 09:14:15 (permalink)
This is only preparation for real thing.
Someone try to see how people react on dangers, and than when real danger show up most of people will think that's only hype.
I only afraid something will came from countries as North Korea or even Russia.
If Russia found half smart virus to attack only some races because specific characteristics in their body they will attack world without second of thinking.
Same is with North Korea, both of them don't care for human lives. How much people die worldwide only because their politic and try do judge others politic. 800.000 people die in Rwanda in front of Russia and UN and USA, EU - NATO could save that people but propaganda try to explain that's not their business and influence of media was so strong that they leave them to their destiny. Almost million people die in modern world for short time only because politic of some nations who think nobody can't involved in other business.
For Russia is that normal, if we look average, for last 100 years they killed so much own people every 5 years.
They fight against democracy and don't like idea to any country become normal society as Swiss, England, USA, Norway because on such region Russia can't spread own ideology, only in desperate situations and misery.
Because of that I more afraid of some biological weapons from enemies of civilized world.
Ebola is present long time, only if this is some kind of mutation.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/01 09:47:23 (permalink)
fletchj

That is awesome....except a lot of people don't wash their hands after they go to the bathroom....or after they sneeze into their hand.  After this they could touch a railing, a door handle, etc.  A 2002 report in the Southern Medical Journal found fecal matter on most U.S. paper bills, and that certain viruses could live on the bills for 48 hours to almost 2 weeks.  It isn't about seeing the person sweating, coughing, pale, dying, and not giving that person a hug.....it is just about living your life in an infected environment that will get you sick.  Washing your hands and not touching your face is the BEST defence.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

muskie32
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3235
  • Ribbons : 23
Re: Ebola coming to a state near you. 2014/10/01 12:22:55 (permalink)
Lets just hang tight in the basements 
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 7
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile