970 SC ACX Backplate

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Author
MvdL79
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 550
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/09/30 02:22:09 (permalink)
Tillytony
Nereus
Tillytony
I already canceled my order and changed to a Palit GeForce GTX970 Jetstream. The 0% fan speed at idle, the awesome gold shroud with leds along with the bad reviews of the EVGA ACX cooler and no backplate made this a no brainer for me.

I just checked it out. Sorry, but that thing is fugly.

At least all 3 of the heat pipes actually touch the GPU chip. Have fun with ur frying pan.

The only downside to Palit (and Gainward for that matter) is their really crappy and lousy support and warranty.
I used to buy Palit videocards back in the early days, until they scre..... me over. Never again.

Three more days left for EVGA to comment at least about the free backplates, otherwise I will send them back and get the MSI cards. I have dealt with MSI's customer's service before (for my Big Bang xPower II x79 mobo), but it wasn't as bad as some stated.
Tillytony
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/09/30 02:39:17 (permalink)
MvdL79
Tillytony
Nereus
Tillytony
I already canceled my order and changed to a Palit GeForce GTX970 Jetstream. The 0% fan speed at idle, the awesome gold shroud with leds along with the bad reviews of the EVGA ACX cooler and no backplate made this a no brainer for me.

At least all 3 of the heat pipes actually touch the GPU chip. Have fun with ur frying pan.

The only downside to Palit (and Gainward for that matter) is their really crappy and lousy support and warranty.
I used to buy Palit videocards back in the early days, until they scre..... me over. Never again.

This i completely agree on. I haven't seen support and warranty like EVGA. The 5 year warranty was the only factor left supporting the EVGA 970. Unfortunately The Palt 970 Jetstream had more features and the gold matched the highlights on my mobo and the gold Corsair Vengeance ram i have. Then the reviews showing the awful heat pipe design made my mind up.

To have such a card sit at 38*c while the fans are not even spinning is strange but so nice at the same time.

post edited by Tillytony - 2014/09/30 02:41:19

CPU: i7 4770K @4.2
GPU: Palit GeForce GTX970 Jetstream
MB: Gigabyte Z87-HD3
RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @1866
PSU: Corsair CX750
Cooling: Corsair H60
Case: Aero Cool X Strike Advance in White
MvdL79
SSC Member
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/09/30 02:45:31 (permalink)
Tillytony
MvdL79
Tillytony
Nereus
Tillytony

This i completely agree on. I haven't seen support and warranty like EVGA. The 5 year warranty was the only factor left supporting the EVGA 970. Unfortunately The Palt 970 Jetstream had more features and the gold matched the highlights on my mobo and the gold Corsair Vengeance ram i have. Then the reviews showing the awful heat pipe design made my mind up.

To have such a card sit at 38*c while the fans are not even spinning is strange but so nice at the same time.

Yeah true, I am not saying Palit is a bad brand, they just have lousy support and warranty. And to be honest, I was happy with most Palit cards I owned (nicest one was a Palit GTX 260 Sonic, if I recall correctly). However when another card stop working (was showing artifacts) within 1 year, they said "Sorry, we can't help you with this.". That made me move to EVGA.

Pudrick
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/09/30 12:38:21 (permalink)
No update yet? I must say that this is a minor thing, but many customers did purchase these cards on the basis that they'd be getting the back plate from this offer.

mack-attack
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 257
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/09/30 19:53:45 (permalink)
yeah i have a evga 970 in my card on amazon but i just cant pull the trigger till I know what is going to happen with this. Jacob my man... lets hear some news!

~~Imperial Stormtrooper Build V2~~
Case=Corsair 780T White MOBO=Asus X99 deluxe CPU=intel 5820k CPU Cooling=Corsair H100 Ram= Crucial Ballistix sport 4GBx4 Total 16GB GPU1=Nvidia 970 SSD= Samsung 840 EVO 500GB HDD= Toshiba 1 tb Soundcard= Soundblaster Z Powersupply=EVGA 850 G2 Monitor= X-star 1440p  KeyBoard= Logitech G510 Mouse= Logitech G300 Speakers=Logitech 5.1 Headphone=JVC HARX700 OS=win7 Ultimate
MvdL79
SSC Member
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 01:47:48 (permalink)
Jacob dude, only 2 days left before I return my 2x EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX cards.
Just let us know if we still get our backplates or not, as it was mentioned on EVGA's (EU) website.

I really thought that "EVGA got my back" as was stated on the page. Now you are just delaying things so we won't make the set date (20 Oct).

It's really "sad" to see that a simple yes or no, takes this much time. The original post in this thread is already from 2 weeks ago.

Probably it was just a maketing / advertising stunt to sell as many GTX 970 as possible.
bangaway
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 01:57:40 (permalink)
 I'm no longer concerned about the backplate, I just want EVGA to acknowledge that the cooler on the ACX 2.0 sounds like it's about to take off above 50% speed. I set my fan curve to not break 50% until 70 C. Unfortunately, the card gets to 70 C while playing BF4 at ultra 1920x1080. So I'm constantly hearing that noise. It's impressive that the fans can keep the thing at a constant 70 C at just 50% speed, but it's not impressive that 50% on this new card is louder than 80% on my 3-year-old GTX 460.

50% is right around where I start to hear the fan sound bleed through my headphones over game sounds.

30% (min setting) is also loud enough to be annoying if my computer is just on and idling in my room while I'm trying to read.

I don't know if I got an unusually loud card, or if this is the norm. Waiting to hear SOMETHING from EVGA so I know whether to try another EVGA card (what I'd like to do) or to try out another manufacturer.
MvdL79
SSC Member
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 02:09:06 (permalink)
bangaway
 I'm no longer concerned about the backplate, I just want EVGA to acknowledge that the cooler on the ACX 2.0 sounds like it's about to take off above 50% speed. I set my fan curve to not break 50% until 70 C. Unfortunately, the card gets to 70 C while playing BF4 at ultra 1920x1080. So I'm constantly hearing that noise. It's impressive that the fans can keep the thing at a constant 70 C at just 50% speed, but it's not impressive that 50% on this new card is louder than 80% on my 3-year-old GTX 460.

50% is right around where I start to hear the fan sound bleed through my headphones over game sounds.

30% (min setting) is also loud enough to be annoying if my computer is just on and idling in my room while I'm trying to read.

I don't know if I got an unusually loud card, or if this is the norm. Waiting to hear SOMETHING from EVGA so I know whether to try another EVGA card (what I'd like to do) or to try out another manufacturer.

Is the noise that bad? Damn... I am sorry man. :/

It really seems EVGA made several mistakes with the "plain" GTX 970 / GTX980 versions.

So far:

- not all pipes used / connected on GPU cooler for GTX 970 (= cheap, definetely not EVGA normal style)
- loud fan noise on ACX 2.0 (probably also on 1.0)
- false marketing: no free backplates with GTX 970
- coil whine on both (?) ACX 1.0 and 2.0 versions
- EVGA keeping customers in the dark or not responding at all

It seems to me EVGA is following Abit's (older people probably still know this company) route. Excellent company first, but went downhill pretty fast after that.

Oh well, I will wait the next 2 days, otherwise I am gonna return this crap and say goodbye to EVGA permanty.
Already ditched EVGA as my motherboard brand 2 years ago, because of lack of support and problems with the various X58 boards I had.

Sorry for this negative "outburst", but I am getting tired of waiting...
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 05:19:16 (permalink)
bangaway

Have you contacted EVGA (other than posting on this forum)? If there's an issue with the card, you should be able to RMA it [LINK].

There are many cards out there that have no issues, some have even commented on these forums to confirm they have no issues. The ACX cooler is supposedly quieter than the more traditional single cooling fans, so if yours is howling like a banshee, then clearly it would qualify for RMA.

Demanding EVGA "acknowledge that the cooler on the ACX 2.0 sounds like it's about to take off above 50% speed" is not going to happen because (a) it's not true for all coolers, (b) it achieves nothing, and (c) it certainly won't rectify your issue. :)

As for the backplate issue, it was only advertised for EU customers, not US, despite some review website stating otherwise (and I believe a 5 year warranty was also advertised in EU, as opposed to 3 years in US). If you are in EU, then I'd wait for EVGA to address the backplate issue - you can still use the card without a backplate in the interim.. it may just be that EVGA don't have the backplates in stock yet. There are also terms and conditions - see the advert [LINK]. If you're a US customer, then you should complain to that review website for posting incorrect information - clearly EVGA cannot be held responsible for that, and the advert specifies where the offer is valid - US is not included.

post edited by Nereus - 2014/10/01 05:41:24

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Pdubmugato
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 16:05:10 (permalink)
Yep, we understand that Nereus, and yet they said they would look into it and have a decision soon. It's been a week since the last update. It just seems like everything else in the world right now...wait for the news cycle to shift to something else and hope everyone will forget about it. Did not expect that from EVGA. I still have not registered my card as I am waiting to hear back on what that decision is.  
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 16:32:35 (permalink)

For you EU people, I hope EVGA update soon... this is not typical EVGA service. I am wondering if EVGA.eu operates independently from EVGA.us  ..might explain it? I wouldn't worry too much though - I expect all qualified EU customers who purchased and registered the specified cards between the specified dates will get their backplates eventually - I would be very surprised if they didn't, but yeah, the silence must be frustrating.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

bangaway
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 17:22:39 (permalink)
Nereus

Have you contacted EVGA (other than posting on this forum)? If there's an issue with the card, you should be able to RMA it [LINK].

Yes, processing the return through Newegg now. Was trying to wait until they had more in stock for a faster return, but now it's just heading back.
DchAoticN
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 18:59:38 (permalink)
backplate?  can we has some update?
lexushummer
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 19:26:33 (permalink)
Everyone I everyone return the cards

If the advertisement says 2 x DVI  2 x HDMI and you only get 1x DVI, thats false advertisement

No back plate = false advertisement

Post on reddit, spam EVGA twitter etc
deltahawk5
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 19:31:34 (permalink)
I'll probably be shippin
Nereus
bangaway

Have you contacted EVGA (other than posting on this forum)? If there's an issue with the card, you should be able to RMA it [].

There are many cards out there that have no issues, some have even commented on these forums to confirm they have no issues. The ACX cooler is supposedly quieter than the more traditional single cooling fans, so if yours is howling like a banshee, then clearly it would qualify for RMA.

Demanding EVGA "acknowledge that the cooler on the ACX 2.0 sounds like it's about to take off above 50% speed" is not going to happen because (a) it's not true for all coolers, (b) it achieves nothing, and (c) it certainly won't rectify your issue. :)

As for the backplate issue, it was only advertised for EU customers, not US, despite some review website stating otherwise (and I believe a 5 year warranty was also advertised in EU, as opposed to 3 years in US). If you are in EU, then I'd wait for EVGA to address the backplate issue - you can still use the card without a backplate in the interim.. it may just be that EVGA don't have the backplates in stock yet. There are also terms and conditions - see the advert []. If you're a US customer, then you should complain to that review website for posting incorrect information - clearly EVGA cannot be held responsible for that, and the advert specifies where the offer is valid - US is not included.

Why should people bother RMAing a product purchased less than a week ago? If it were me, I'd be shipping it right back to the seller and buying another brand.
subyman
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 20:38:00 (permalink)
Strange to not see a reply yet.  I sent my 970 back about a week ago and bought 2xMSI 970's.  Comparing the two, the MSI cards are higher quality from the cooler to the PCB. Plus the advertised free mousepad was actually in the box... Glad I returned mine.  Hopefully those still waiting it out get a reply soon.
deltahawk5
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 20:57:55 (permalink)
subyman
Strange to not see a reply yet.  I sent my 970 back about a week ago and bought 2xMSI 970's.  Comparing the two, the MSI cards are higher quality from the cooler to the PCB. Plus the advertised free mousepad was actually in the box... Glad I returned mine.  Hopefully those still waiting it out get a reply soon.

Lucky...where did you get your hands on MSi units? I'm holding out for those or ASUS STRIX (which have a backplate).
MvdL79
SSC Member
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 21:45:43 (permalink)
Evga! Why are you ignoring customers?!

(Edited by Moderator for Language and ALL CAPS)
post edited by XrayMan - 2014/10/01 22:34:08
MvdL79
SSC Member
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 23:46:07 (permalink)
Instead of editing my "NORMAL" reply, how about giving the (EU) >customers< what was advertised on the website in the first place?

Seems it's more appropiate to keep your customers happy instead of wasting time on editing posts, don't you think? This way you will lose customers, very, very quickly. Because it now feels like I have been completely scammed by EVGA.

Sheesh. Time to post some tweets also and inform review websites about this as well. Tired of waiting on an answer from EVGA (been over 2 weeks now).
ManBearPig
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6130
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/01 23:54:46 (permalink)
You are more than welcome to post your opinion on the matter, but you still have to abide by the the forums TOS.  I saw your post before it got edited, and you had some inappropriate language and it was in all caps.  Both which are against the TOS.  Your message was edited to stay within the TOS.

By the way, it was edited by a forum moderator, not someone that works at EVGA.  So no, EVGA is not wasting their time on editing your posts.  That is being done by one of the voluntary forum moderators.
post edited by ManBearPig - 2014/10/01 23:57:42

MvdL79
SSC Member
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/02 00:04:52 (permalink)
subyman

I am going to do the same, if there is no answer from EVGA. I doubt there will before the 20th of October anyways.
If they respond later, lets say the 21st, the deal isn't valid anymore since we have to register the 970's before that date.

Already 2 weeks have passed without news (since first post in this thread).
Lordpkappa
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/02 04:16:09 (permalink)
I wait for a sentence about backplate too.
MvdL79
SSC Member
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/02 04:18:32 (permalink)
Lordpkappa
I wait for a sentence about backplate too.

Probably a death sentence by EVGA on the backplate's, given the fact they don't respond at all anymore.
Lordpkappa
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/02 04:20:10 (permalink)
Will see ;)
ManBearPig
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6130
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/02 04:56:57 (permalink)
I'm wondering if they just don't have enough back plates yet because you can't even buy one yet. It is weird that there hasn't been an official statement though.

Hackslash
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/02 05:10:50 (permalink)
Ehm yeah backplate....

What about Germany and Backplate for 970 FTW's will there be one?

And how to get it?
mack-attack
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 257
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/02 05:24:19 (permalink)
backplates! Get your warm salty backplates! Who wants some backplates!
:)

~~Imperial Stormtrooper Build V2~~
Case=Corsair 780T White MOBO=Asus X99 deluxe CPU=intel 5820k CPU Cooling=Corsair H100 Ram= Crucial Ballistix sport 4GBx4 Total 16GB GPU1=Nvidia 970 SSD= Samsung 840 EVO 500GB HDD= Toshiba 1 tb Soundcard= Soundblaster Z Powersupply=EVGA 850 G2 Monitor= X-star 1440p  KeyBoard= Logitech G510 Mouse= Logitech G300 Speakers=Logitech 5.1 Headphone=JVC HARX700 OS=win7 Ultimate
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102311
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/02 06:05:45 (permalink)
Please stay on topic of the OP. Posts which are not on topic will be deleted

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

MvdL79
SSC Member
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/02 06:26:45 (permalink)
Still waiting for an answer in regards to the free backplates which were offered on EVGA's (EU) website for new EVGA GTX 970 users.
lexushummer
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: 970 SC ACX Backplate 2014/10/02 06:53:26 (permalink)
BUMP Where are Jacob F, Joe Darwin, Bob Klase etc?

We need an official answer.

They should really extend 5 year warranty and back plates to all regions. 

That would be the good will thing to do at this point.

I bought the product on release day.  Its very fast, I don't want to return it over this but will.
post edited by lexushummer - 2014/10/02 06:56:34
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile