Blank Screen When Graphics Card Driver Installed

Author
coder82
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/09/18 19:31:11 (permalink)
Hi,

I recently built a new computer with an EVGA GT 640 video card.  The display works fine, but as soon as I install any driver except the default Windows driver, I get a blank screen (I can only see the POST and the Windows status bar loading for about two seconds before the blank screen).  I have tried EVGA drivers, NVIDIA drivers, and multiple older versions of the drivers.  I thought it was a motherboard issue, but I RMA'd it and upon return, I am having the same problem.  I have verified that my monitors and cables (DVI) are not broken, the GT 640 works on a friend's PC, my motherboard is compatible (ASUS M5A99FX), and I have tried two, separate hard drives after they've been freshly formatted.

Thank you for your help.  I am absolutely dumbfounded by this issue.

3 Replies Related Threads

coder82
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Blank Screen When Graphics Card Driver Installed 2014/09/19 15:32:34 (permalink)
    Can anyone please help?  After 10+ years of troubleshooting PC issues, this is the first one I cannot pin down...  Thanks
    qiandongyq
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Blank Screen When Graphics Card Driver Installed 2014/09/25 20:54:29 (permalink)
    same issue here with 670, keep rebooting unless uninstall the drivers(any version)
    yankeexly
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Blank Screen When Graphics Card Driver Installed 2014/09/30 00:55:13 (permalink)
    I also freeze on post.   I have a rma'd gtx660 and the same asus motherboard M5A99fx Pro r2.0.  After speaking to tech support on numerous occasions, swapping out 2 power supplies and memory sticks they told me its a compatability issue with the bios on the board.   They would not specifically say what versions of the bios did not work but since the card works on an Asus sabertooth board with same chipset and bios make that was the only answer they had.   After reading many forums the answer seems to be evga 600 series doesn't play nice with many asus boards and Samsung monitors/TV's.   I am going to sell mine cheap and buy another brand as I love asus motherboards and there are many other brands of video cards manufacturers out there.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile