2 Months Later: EVGA Torq x10 Carbon Review

Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
2014/09/29 04:48:31 (permalink)
So, I am late to the game with my review.  I am very hard on Mice and Keyboards, because when I miss and don't get a kill, or don't click in time, I immediately blame the peripherals.  They take the brunt of my frustration.  

Well, this Torq x10 has been with me for 2 months, which is much longer than any other mouse has made it.  It has a solid build and comfortable construction. I claw to some extent, and use two of the medium weights.  I had received the Mouse Pad when I first got the mouse, and was very excited, except that EVGA doesn't ship to my location, so I had to send it through my Fiance... (she hates my computer stuff :-( ) 

So, now that I have the mouse pad, I have been using it religiously for 2 months and I have come to rely on it for everything I do in daily use, I wanted to give a fair review.

I would give it 9 out of 10 stars total.  My only issue is the red DPI leds not changing to match the rest of the mouse.  I run my DPI very low so that I don't have to see the red lights contrasting against my blue mouse and keyboard accents.  Aside from that, I have no issues.  the feel and construction is solid, the adjustment is fantastic, and I generally like the functionality of the features.

I had the Unleash software downloaded on the previous Windows setup, but have not transferred over since getting older brother online.  I find that even without the unleash software, the mouse functions exactly as I had hoped, so I don't see the point of adding extra stuff to the computer at this time.

Here are a few of the pictures I have to offer:

Overall, I think I will keep this little beastie in my corner.  I have another, as a gift with the x99 Motherboard, on the way.  I am excited to get more use out of this one, and may even do a giveaway for the x10 Torq (non Carbon) when it gets here, if this one survives :-)

Have a good day all, and see you later.

7 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: 2 Months Later: EVGA Torq x10 Carbon Review 2014/09/29 06:11:29 (permalink)
    I use mine but without the Unleash software.
    Sometime on PC startup the mouse is not working but can be fixed by unplugging it wait for the beep and then plug it back in.
    Mouse Speed is still controlled on the mouse and I find that setting at 3 works best for me.
    Last is I have yet to use the extra side buttons. All in all I like it now after using for a few months.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: 2 Months Later: EVGA Torq x10 Carbon Review 2014/09/30 16:34:51 (permalink)
    I don't use the unleash software either, although I had initially. I noticed that it saved the day settings that I had used previously, as I had started running very low sensitivity to stop over correcting when trying to click something.

I don't use the side buttons either, as I find then sitting very high and awkward for my hand placement and everything.
    Rigbuilder12
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 119
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 2 Months Later: EVGA Torq x10 Carbon Review 2014/10/01 07:58:58 (permalink)
    It got bad reviews........
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/evga-mouse-gaming-torq-peripheral,26874.html
    Will keep my G9 till something better or equal comes along 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: 2 Months Later: EVGA Torq x10 Carbon Review 2014/10/01 08:48:59 (permalink)
    I don't doubt bad reviews. I don't care about them either, as I like the mouse. It does what I need without the extras. If it had a matte finish, I would like a good deal more. Aside from reviews, most every mouse I bought because of good reviews, has been terrible.
    JoeBroniee
    • Total Posts : 51
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 2 Months Later: EVGA Torq x10 Carbon Review 2014/10/05 01:35:54 (permalink)
    yeah, totally agree with you on the mouse review part. maybe good to some and crap to others. 

Ncase M1,
    Asus M6impact
    intel i5 4690k
    HyperX Genesis
    EVGA GTX770
    Silverstone sx600g
    Samsung 840EVO

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: 2 Months Later: EVGA Torq x10 Carbon Review 2014/10/06 02:01:27 (permalink)
    If a mouse doesn't last you over 2 months. You must rage a lot and slam it on the desk. I use to never install mouse software. The only reason i installed logitech gaming software is to make binds on my g500s. It doesn't look like the Torq x10 holds up that well to wear. My Logitech g500s has textured sides where you grip the mouse. it's not worn down like you see on Torq X10. It's not as ruff as it use to be but i can still feel the texture part and its almost a year old.

It's  hard to trust reviews from hardware tech sites. They have a vested interest to make the mfg happy. If they fail to do that, they could end up being blacklisted. 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: 2 Months Later: EVGA Torq x10 Carbon Review 2014/10/06 02:27:54 (permalink)
    That is exactly why I said I am rough on mice. And no, I don't rage at all anymore. I don't judge on the ones I did rage on, because they broke at my hand, and that wouldn't be fair.

The Roccat mouse I had, the left mouse button just stopped clicking and the dpi settings would change while scrolling, topped off with the scroll wheel looking to the right or left and not wanting to unlock after about 3 months total use. The left mouse button slowly went down to not working and I think that was attributed to the way I was clicking.. When it slowly stopped responding, I started applying more pressure.

I got terrible lag out of the razer mouse that I had. I was cheap and the only one they sold at the BX on base, and they always had them on the open box shelf. After purchasing brand new, I figured out why.

I have not had a logitech mouse as of yet. I may grab one eventually, if the Torq ever gives out.

Personally, I now run a low dpi, get usable response out of it, and rarely have the click/feedback out of the left button, so it fits what I need. I don't think it will fit everyone's need by any means. I can see a lot of people not liking it at all. I have considered a light sanding to rougher the sides, but I really don't want to void the warranty for a little bit of comfort either.

I would say that I have a vested interest in EVGA as well, because most of my stuff comes from their supply line, but I pay for everything myself, so I don't mind being critical and giving a bad review. For example, the 2 x 16x PCI lanes on the z87 Classified do not function as they are advertised. The same issue exists on the z97. EVGA is doing nothing to fix that other than saying it was possibly a misprint... That is an excuse, and quite frankly, a terrible on. I like the motherboard aside from that, but past that, I have no other complaints.

I will also answer any question that is asked, as honestly as I can. I enjoy these forums and the people. :-)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile