EVGA

Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup?

Author
Equ22
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/09/23 15:15:30 (permalink)
Hi. I have a 3g-p4-2884-kr still in the box. Newegg will only "replace it" so im gonna have to accept the 100 extra i paid. Was wondering if i could step up to a 980
post edited by Equ22 - 2014/09/23 15:17:04

24 Replies Related Threads

EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 01:27:39 (permalink)
    Hello Equ22, 

If you are within the 90 days from the date of purchase, you should be eligible for the Step-Up.  You will want to make sure you register your graphics card, and upload a copy of your Newegg.com invoice to you account.  

Once registered, head over to the "My Products" section on your account (Member Home > My Products) and you will see a picture of the registered card there.  Click on the "view details" button right below it and you should see some information about the Warranty and Step-Up right below that.  

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our 24 hour Technical Support team via phone:  888.881.3842 or email:   Support@EVGA.com, for further assistance.  
    post edited by EVGATech_EddieH - 2014/09/24 01:28:53
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 02:16:25 (permalink)
    If you can't RMA, and NewEgg will only replace, wouldn't that mean you would get a brand new 780Ti from them?  Step-up is an option, as Eddie pointed out as well.
    Equ22
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 04:22:50 (permalink)
    Ya. The RMA on the 780ti is for replacement only on newegg . I suppose I could try to tell them that i ordered the wrong product. I just got it in the mail yesterday (purchase date was sept 20). Then I realized the 890 was out lol. 100 dollar mistake. I'll contact newegg and see if they will let me RMA for an 890...maybe they will understand. I'm new to online purchasing so im not sure what to expect.

Until then, I registered for step up. Thanks
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 04:33:59 (permalink)
    You don't need to RMA or try to explain.  If you are within your 30 day purchase, they will accept it as a return more than likely.  Contact them and request to return it for the 980 series.  They are usually fairly good.  You will lose shipping and possibly a few dollars to restock, but this is not a RMA.  

RMA signifies that the card is defective and is getting replaced due to that.  The term is only used when you have a DOA card, and from what you explain, you simply want to go for the newer card (which I can NOT blame you :-).  So, you want to return for store credit, or full refund, and purchase the 980.  Remember, do NOT tell them you want to RMA.
    BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 9988
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 07:05:36 (permalink)
    WITH stock running out so fast im willing to bet they will offer a partial refund (15%? restocking fee) or another 780. Your best bet is to register it ,enter the step up and wait .NewEgg will not just let you switch to a 980 ,esp not during the product rollout now

I am  >>NOT< <   a  EVGA Forums Moderator or a EVGA.com  Employee.
    I am only a  "Game Server Admin"
    My posts and are my own and not EVGA's.

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 07:22:57 (permalink)
    If it's new, unopened you can just return it for refund -- ( not RMA it )

If you opened it already , just use it for 89 days then do the step-up program at EVGA for a new card  & you get full purchase price on it from EVGA before 90 days is up

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Equ22
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 11:32:48 (permalink)
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Its unopened so i'll see if i can return it. Im a noob with online purchases. I  have it registered to step up just in case. I just noticed the evga model is out of stock on new egg now so maybe ill see if i can just get a refund and order it somewhere else. 
    Equ22
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 11:50:42 (permalink)
    The problem is there return policy say this item is non nonrefundable (replacement only). I'm not too angry about because i just build a new rig that costed almost 3000 bucks. Being out 100 bucks doesnt really bother me that much. But still... I feel dumb now lmao. We'll see what happens.

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 12:02:41 (permalink)
    You appear to be correct -  I see where Newegg won't even let it be returned at all. ( non refundable )

I have never heard of this for an unopened product before ???!! .... terrible 

Anyways,  I guess your option is to sell it on EBAY or use it for almost 90 days and then trade in/ trade up at EVGA.  This would be best option for getting full credit of your purchase.

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    macmall
    • Total Posts : 39
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 12:29:20 (permalink)
    aka_STEVE_b
    You appear to be correct -  I see where Newegg won't even let it be returned at all. ( non refundable )

Anyways,  I guess your option is to sell it on EBAY or use it for almost 90 days and then trade in/ trade up at EVGA.  This would be best option for getting full credit of your purchase.

Yeah Newegg, has gone way downhill....I bought two 780 TI Kingpins and I messed up on the order because I didn't know its better to have blower type fans when doing SLI, so my setup get's really really hot to the point where I can't even run stock...It sucks and I couldn't return them or anything, on a product that costs over $800 not having any kind of return policy is down right rude and disrespectful to their consumers.

So now I sit here trying to sell them and buy a new 980gtx or I eat the cost and send them in for my step up....it sucks....I'm gonna be out like 600 dollars....I will never ever ever ever shop with Newegg again, I'm still livid to this day...
    Equ22
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 12:29:41 (permalink)
    Ya i think your right steve_b. Ill just leave my step up request in and wait for my queue #. I really just want to finish building this PC so i guess ill just use the 780 ti for now until im next in line for step up (could be awhile but oh well). The 780ti is almost at par to the 980 for the most part anyways. Lesson learned for next time. THanks for the fast reply. Appreciate it. 
    Equ22
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 12:35:13 (permalink)
    Sorry to hear it macmall. I dont want to sound like an ass but your story makes me feel better. I've been reading lots of BS stories about newwgg in the last day or 2.  

macmall
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 12:53:27 (permalink)
    Equ22
    Sorry to hear it macmall. I dont want to sound like an ass but your story makes me feel better. I've been reading lots of BS stories about newwgg in the last day or 2.  

lol, no its all good, you win some and you lose some....I lost this time...=) I count my blessings for they are many!

Yeah I used to shop with Newegg years ago and I didn't build a new Comp for like 4-5 years cause I started a family but they never used to be like that....I don't know what's going on with them but their pricks now about returning stuff, I mean I can see it being under a threshold like 250 dollars and over to get a return but not allowing people to even return UN-opened items and items that people can't use in the way they were intended to be used is just bad business IMO and they'll keep losing people over it and keep getting bad reviews over it. Everytime I see a post about Newegg I like to chime in cause I want people to know about my story and to make a good choice about how they spend their hard earned money. No company should be allowed to do what their doing but somehow their getting away with it...money talks everything else walks...so I urge people to vote with their wallet!

I'm glad you didn't buy a more expensive 780 TI like I did...I don't want anyone to be out money they earned...that's not right, an honest business transaction is when both parties are happy and both get what they want to some degree...that way you sell your goods and people keep buying them cause they know your honest and will do the right thing. I can only hope most businesses understand that...
    earnest79
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/24 22:38:38 (permalink)
    call or chat with newegg and tell them you ordered the wrong part and need to return it unopened you wont have an issue.
    B.haddock
    • Total Posts : 35
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/25 05:26:55 (permalink)
    It's non refundable but I think it can be exchanged! Call them it should be fine, return it for a 980!
    toddnunez94
    • Total Posts : 29
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/25 09:15:59 (permalink)
    macmall
    aka_STEVE_b

Yeah Newegg, has gone way downhill....I bought two 780 TI Kingpins and I messed up on the order because I didn't know its better to have blower type fans when doing SLI, so my setup get's really really hot to the point where I can't even run stock...It sucks and I couldn't return them or anything, on a product that costs over $800 not having any kind of return policy is down right rude and disrespectful to their consumers.

So now I sit here trying to sell them and buy a new 980gtx or I eat the cost and send them in for my step up....it sucks....I'm gonna be out like 600 dollars....I will never ever ever ever shop with Newegg again, I'm still livid to this day...

May I ask how that's NEWEGG's fault on a mistake you made.

Intel Core i7 - 4770k
    EVGA GTX 780 6GB SC w/ACX SLI (2)
    ASUS Maximus VI Hero
    Corsair AX860
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866MHz
    Corsair 750D
    XSPC RX360, RX240, EX240
    XSPC Photon 170 Tube Reservior/Pump Combo
    XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
    EK-FC780 GTX Ti Acetal Full Cover Blocks (2)
    EK Parallel Terminal 3-Slot Dual
    macmall
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/25 10:11:17 (permalink)
    toddnunez94
    macmall
    aka_STEVE_b

Excuse me? Its not their fault, never said it was....My issue is when it comes to returns and or their replacement policy....and how they treat customers that spend $$$.

Look, there is no reason why I shoudln't be able to return a perfectly ok video card and exchange it or return it within 30 days.....its stupid! Its bad business and its wrong...not to mention when your dealing with things that cost $800+ there should always be a good return policy in place. Hey I can go to Amazon, they will return anything! I can go to Bestbuy and return things I bought! I can go to Wallmart or Fry's or pretty much anywhere besides Newegg and Ebay and be able to return things...

This was my FIRST SLI build, excuse me for not knowing everything...its not like my intention was to return the cards....I like the cards....they just don't work in my build....I called them the day after I got the cards and did testing....

You can hold Newegg to a lower standard, that's your choice but I won't....I and a ton of others will never shop through them again....You treat your customers with respect, you go the extra mile to make them happy and guess what? You have a customer for life...I plan on building a comp for each of my children in the future, prob cost me around 4-5k with everything and guess who's not getting my business? Newegg...never ever ever ever again.

=)

Have a great day!

toddnunez94
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/25 10:16:27 (permalink)
    macmall
    toddnunez94
    macmall
    aka_STEVE_b

Excuse me? Its not their fault, never said it was....My issue is when it comes to returns and or their replacement policy....and how they treat customers that spend $$$.

Look, there is no reason why I shoudln't be able to return a perfectly ok video card and exchange it or return it within 30 days.....its stupid! Its bad business and its wrong...not to mention when your dealing with things that cost $800+ there should always be a good return policy in place. Hey I can go to Amazon, they will return anything! I can go to Bestbuy and return things I bought! I can go to Wallmart or Fry's or pretty much anywhere besides Newegg and Ebay and be able to return things...

This was my FIRST SLI build, excuse me for not knowing everything...its not like my intention was to return the cards....I like the cards....they just don't work in my build....I called them the day after I got the cards and did testing....

You can hold Newegg to a lower standard, that's your choice but I won't....I and a ton of others will never shop through them again....You treat your customers with respect, you go the extra mile to make them happy and guess what? You have a customer for life...I plan on building a comp for each of my children in the future, prob cost me around 4-5k with everything and guess who's not getting my business? Newegg...never ever ever ever again.

=)

Have a great day!

I'm sorry, but I didn't mean to sound like jerk. I assume they have the no refund policy, because most people who by a card that expensive will most likely keep it. I have the ACX cooler on my card (I had two for SLI, but I just sold one to a friend), and temps got really hot. The top card would max out at 80c, and the bottom card was 65c. If temps are a problem, a case will better airflow will help, Or you could go into a custom loop, which would cost about $700. lol But seriously, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk

Intel Core i7 - 4770k
    ASUS Maximus VI Hero
    Corsair AX860
    Corsair 750D
    XSPC RX360, RX240, EX240
    XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
    macmall
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/25 10:36:01 (permalink)
    toddnunez94
    macmall
    toddnunez94
    macmall
    aka_STEVE_b

=)

Have a great day!

I'm sorry, but I didn't mean to sound like jerk. I assume they have the no refund policy, because most people who by a card that expensive will most likely keep it. I have the ACX cooler on my card (I had two for SLI, but I just sold one to a friend), and temps got really hot. The top card would max out at 80c, and the bottom card was 65c. If temps are a problem, a case will better airflow will help, Or you could go into a custom loop, which would cost about $700. lol But seriously, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk

Its fine, its just a touchy subject for me...I really feel like I got shafted and after spending close to 3k there....

I think that's all the reason to have a refund\return policy, becasue there so expensive...I can see having a threshold on things so people don't abuse to refund\return policy or even a fair re-stocking fee but they don't have any of that only a replacement for the same card....

I have 9 fans in my case ATM ( 3 200mm, 4 140mm and 2 120mm) , I have been through 3 cases in the last 3 months, I have tried multiple configurations with fans and positioning. I have tried everything in my power to cool these cards down, nothing works....I don't want to go all water, I don't want the upkeep and the worry, I have way to many things going on in my life atm to worry about a computer, I just want a powerful comp that works to its specifications.

My temps will shoot up to 85-86c on stock with an aggressive fan profile and 9 fans....all going full blast! My CPU is OC'd to 4.6 but never gets over 66c when stress testing.

If I could've just returned my cards for a blower type fan setup, I wouldn't have been spending the last 3 months building and re building my comp over and over....and I would've been playing games on it instead....its sucks...

Now I have to prob do the step up to the 980's and eat $600...its fine but I will never shop with them again....fool me once same on you fool me twice....
    toddnunez94
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/25 10:48:52 (permalink)
    You aren't the only one who took a loss. I had the 3GB 780, and I used the step up program for the 6GB model 2 MONTHS AGO. Now I'm stuck with a $600 card that wont sell for more than $450. This is the technology world, and I learned something new. I'm thinking about buying the 780 Ti (when prices drop significantly), then using the step up for the 980. How do you like youre Ti's anyways? I just don't know what to do.
    post edited by toddnunez94 - 2014/09/25 10:50:33

Intel Core i7 - 4770k
    ASUS Maximus VI Hero
    Corsair AX860
    Corsair 750D
    XSPC RX360, RX240, EX240
    XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
    macmall
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/25 11:16:57 (permalink)
    toddnunez94
    You aren't the only one who took a loss. I had the 3GB 780, and I used the step up program for the 6GB model 2 MONTHS AGO. Now I'm stuck with a $600 card that wont sell for more than $450. This is the technology world, and I learned something new. I'm thinking about buying the 780 Ti (when prices drop significantly), then using the step up for the 980. How do you like youre Ti's anyways? I just don't know what to do.

Oh for sure , I'm wasn't looking for pity....I just want others to know about their return policy, because I didn't even think about it cause i've been shopping through Amazon lately and its easy as pie to do a refund\return\replacement. Its never been an issue....=)

I really didn't even want a refund from Newegg, I just wanted to replace them with a blower type fan and they could've offered me a gift card for the difference and I would've bought something else through them....but they could care less and acted like it towards me when i called, pretty much told my I was SOL....its w/e.

The cards are sick looking, if I just had one in the case I'm sure I could OC like crazy on it but with two cards even 2 slots apart with nine fans can't cool it down even at stock...so I can't really comment on performance, since I've never been able to run it at full specifications for long. I can't OC at all... My mistake was overshooting, I had some money to spend and I wanted to build the best Comp I could and it ended up being a mistake...I should've never bought the Kingpins unless I was going to go underwater with them....but you live and learn...I can't even sell my TI's for $639.99 and if I go any lower I would lose money and would be better off doing the step-up.

Now, I just have to wait....cause all the blower type 980's are sold out and are no longer on the step-up....I've been waiting almost 3 months what's another few weeks lol =)

Equ22
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/26 13:50:55 (permalink)
    earnest79
    call or chat with newegg and tell them you ordered the wrong part and need to return it unopened you wont have an issue.

I did. They told me sorry but we can only exchange it for a new 780 ti (i tried reasoning with them but "policy is policy"). Whats worse is the card just came down in price by like 180 bucks when i checked today. If i ever order anything from newegg again I'll be checking the return policy on items before i buy.  I'm not so so I like newegg so much anymore. They often have really good prices on there stuff but their customer service (form my experience) sucks. So to anyone who buys from newegg beware.....check their return policy on the item you purchase before u buy it.
    Equ22
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/26 13:58:42 (permalink)
    macmall

I really didn't even want a refund from Newegg, I just wanted to replace them with a blower type fan and they could've offered me a gift card for the difference and I would've bought something else through them....but they could care less and acted like it towards me when i called, pretty much told my I was SOL....its w/e.

I tried the same thing. Didnt want a refund just exchange it and ill use credit to spend at their store. I need a couple new case fans anyways. But they gave me the SOL response. I decided to open the card just 30 min ago and i finally got my new PC build. Haswell-e baby. Im overall happy with the 780 ti but not to cool with newegg right now. Just looking forward to my 980 Step up now.  
    macmall
    Re: Just got a new 780 ti still in box cant rma with newegg so stepup? 2014/09/26 14:12:08 (permalink)
    Equ22
    macmall

I tried the same thing. Didnt want a refund just exchange it and ill use credit to spend at their store. I need a couple new case fans anyways. But they gave me the SOL response. I decided to open the card just 30 min ago and i finally got my new PC build. Haswell-e baby. Im overall happy with the 780 ti but not to cool with newegg right now. Just looking forward to my 980 Step up now.  

Oh nice Haswell-E! Sick setup man Gratz!

Yeah in the same boat as you now, I just did my step-up on my cards and i'm hoping the new 980gtx AXC 2.0 cooler will do the trick.....will see, I tired to get a blower type but they don't know when or even if they'll put them back on the Step-Up list....Kinda sucks.....Oh well....I didn't want to miss my step up waiting...

My next build (3 years give or take), I'm going to Fry's or somewhere I can return stuff if something goes wrong, buying online might save a few bucks but its a pain in the butt to return things(besides Amazon) and companies are shady these days....EVGA is great and all and don't get me wrong its nice they even have a step up program cause I don't know of any others that do...but I really wish they would let you pick w\e card you wanted to upgrade too and just pay the difference or at least have a waiting list for blower type fans.

Either way, have fun with your setup! =)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile