Stupid mouse, I finally got ya!

Author
Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7806
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 30
2014/09/23 07:23:24 (permalink)
So after MONTHS of trying, rearranging my room and staying up all hours of the night to trap this little furry bastard I finally got him! I won't kill it, I know it's just a rodent, whatever, but I won't kill it. My dog wants to though. But for now it lives. Anyway, I had the idea of leaving th e dogs food bin open, maybe it will fall in and get trapped, so I did that went to bed and woot! Mouse trap! lol 

IF I do anything with it I'll take it to a wooded area let it go and let nature move on, the dog would just torture it to death and not even eat it and I don't care for clean up. IN the mean time it sits on my desk until it's fate is decided.

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

26 Replies Related Threads

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7192
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 07:24:13 (permalink)
    It'll find its way back.. I say take that old BB gun and see if it still works. =P

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 07:26:03 (permalink)
    It looks like it has been eating well

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 07:32:34 (permalink)
    So cute , yet so nasty and filled with diseases ...... 

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 07:34:36 (permalink)

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!

jingiko
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1517
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 07:36:58 (permalink)
    Looks like Ratatouille!
    clo007
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5274
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 07:54:30 (permalink)
    aka_STEVE_b
    So cute , yet so nasty and filled with diseases ...... 

+1 to that.

But, I commend Chrome in taking it out to the woods vs letting his dog just give it a heart attack.

muskie32
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3235
    • Ribbons : 23
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 08:05:42 (permalink)
    Finally, a chance to put the ammunition with my name on it to use ;)
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 08:11:19 (permalink)
    lmao muskie. Sorry, that is reserved. 

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 09:08:12 (permalink)
    I hate meeses , leaving their tell tale "nuggets 0f j0y"  everywhere. Strap him t0 a r0cket , aimed t0 his new h0me. Of c0urse strap a helmut 0n him f0r safety's sake, c0uld use a walnut shell.....just sayin'. 
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 09:15:39 (permalink)
    lol, I have actually sent a mouse up in a model rocket before... It survived. You ok fordman? or should I say, Are y0u 0k f0rdman :P

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 09:20:16 (permalink)
    LOL, my L0gitech G710+ O has went 0ut !! HELP!!   It w0rks in upper case Only. LOL. In Other wrds NO I am N0t
    notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 09:21:14 (permalink)
    Chr0me-M-DragOn
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 09:23:16 (permalink)
    lol, I have an old Saitek III yOu can have :P

agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8248
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 09:42:59 (permalink)
    I am all for animal rights but there are 2 exceptions; Rats and flying rats, AKA;Pigeons. Kill it with violence. In the future, a standard spring trap mounted on the wall vertically with peanut butter works every time. There is nothing worse than hearing something crawling in the walls when you are trying to sleep. 
    Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2233
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 10:06:26 (permalink)
    (Edited out for the wording of the language/Complaints) They are useless creatures that carry disease and create havoc. I would never put my family at risk for disease by keeping one of those around. Do not let the dog play with it, as the dog may contract some disease. I liked the Ratatouille comment, but this things looks very dangerous to me. The other animal that I call a flying rat is not pigeons but geese. They are endangered, but I wonder why. The produce like rabbits and spread disease like rats. You cannot kill them unless you want to go to jail, really?!??!? If I am driving and they try to cross the street or are just sitting on the road, I gun the gas. The best sound is them hitting the front of my car
    With a thud and then crying out as they fly away. They are all other my office building and parking lot. I am so amazed when people stop their cars and beep their horn while they sit in the road and not move. I say gun the gas. If they don't move then it becomes a Darwin principle event. Anyway, I vote for a mix of bleach and ammonia in a small bowl in the corner of the box. Send me the video when you do. I would kill moles this way. Very fun.
    post edited by XrayMan - 2014/09/24 21:56:07

Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 10:13:02 (permalink)
    Believe it or not It don't have much chance surviving in the woods. Was doing some reading n the humane societies sit and withough some warm building to live in it's kinda fubar, but I am a fair man, any chance is better than none, even if the nearest place is quite a few miles away and happens to have a high concentration of owls and falcons in the area......
    post edited by Chrome-M-Dragon - 2014/09/23 10:16:59

Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 18:57:21 (permalink)
    So the mouse was released in the woods I talked about, nearest home I can tell is 12 miles away, but he has a LOT of obstacles to go though err...she. It was a female, not sure if it had any youngins, but I will know soon enough i'm sure. Anyway, she may or may not make it, but I gave it a chance.

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 19:20:53 (permalink)

Oh, that kind of mouse. I was going to move this to General Hardware for a second there.           :P

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Baltothewolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3762
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 19:45:26 (permalink)
    If I was you, I would have taken it to the vet and got it checked for any diseases, and if it came back clean, kept it. She would have eventually gotten Stockholm syndrome (I think that's it at least) and would have made a cool pet.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
    -7700HQ.
    -16GB RAM.
    -GTX 1070.
    -128GB SSD.
    -1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 20:00:41 (permalink)
    Meh, had mice as pets years ago, i'm good :P

awalleyeguy
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3444
    • Ribbons : 12
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/23 20:31:25 (permalink)
    Grey_Beard
    They are useless creatures that carry disease and create havoc. I would never put my family at risk for disease by keeping one of those around. Do not let the dog play with it, as the dog may contract some disease. I liked the Ratatouille comment, but this things looks very dangerous to me. The other animal that I call a flying rat is not pigeons but geese. They are endangered, but I wonder why. The produce like rabbits and spread disease like rats. You cannot kill them unless you want to go to jail, really?!??!? If I am driving and they try to cross the street or are just sitting on the road, I gun the gas. The best sound is them hitting the front of my car
    With a thud and then crying out as they fly away. They are all other my office building and parking lot. I am so amazed when people stop their cars and beep their horn while they sit in the road and not move. I say gun the gas. If they don't move then it becomes a Darwin principle event. Anyway, I vote for a mix of bleach and ammonia in a small bowl in the corner of the box. Send me the video when you do. I would kill moles this way. Very fun.

The world could use less people like you sir. Someone who loves killing something because they feel they are superior and have more of a right to live than another creature. killing for no reason at all, that is one of the down falls of mankind.
     That said, I have no problem killing a mouse or other pest intruding my home. (including human beings)
      But to intentionally kill a goose (or any other animal) with my car or any other means for no purpose at all except just to kill it, because you think it should be killed because you can, is wrong in everyway, shape, and form.
     Your reply and way of living disgust me, along with everyone else that thinks like you. 

Randolla
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1873
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/24 13:52:07 (permalink)
    Grey_Beard
    They are useless creatures that carry disease and create havoc. I would never put my family at risk for disease by keeping one of those around. Do not let the dog play with it, as the dog may contract some disease. I liked the Ratatouille comment, but this things looks very dangerous to me. The other animal that I call a flying rat is not pigeons but geese. They are endangered, but I wonder why. The produce like rabbits and spread disease like rats. You cannot kill them unless you want to go to jail, really?!??!? If I am driving and they try to cross the street or are just sitting on the road, I gun the gas. The best sound is them hitting the front of my car

I have to agree that what you have written is way over the top.  It is one thing to feel that you have to kill something.  I can understand that feeling.  I have red squirrels who moved into my cathedral ceiling and totally ate the insulation out and crapped and pissed so much, it was dripping from the ceiling.  I had to take down the whole ceiling and clean it all out , replace the insulation and put it back up again.  Fortunately it was made out of shiplap wooded planks.  I will not hesitate to shoot a red squirrel now with a pellet gun. 

But what you described is downright torture.  Bleach and ammonia??? I have lost all respect for You sound like a reincarnated Nazi who loved to watch through the peephole of the gas chambers as men, women and children tried to claw their way out while gasping their final breaths.  Was that a Darwinian principle event??
    What you have written disgusts me.  I have other thoughts but I would get censored and rightly so by the Mods.  

Intel 5930K@ 4.3 Ghz
    ASUS Rampage 5 Extreme Motherboard 
    EVGA GeForce 1080Ti SC
    Case Labs Merlin Full Tower case 
    NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid CPU cooler
    32 Gbs G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 2666
    EVGA  Supernova P1200 PSU
    Acer Predator X34 Monitor
    Samsung 512 Gb XP941 M2 SSD

HT Omega eClaro Soundcard[
    Randolla
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1873
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/24 13:57:51 (permalink)
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    So the mouse was released in the woods I talked about, nearest home I can tell is 12 miles away, but he has a LOT of obstacles to go though err...she. It was a female, not sure if it had any youngins, but I will know soon enough i'm sure. Anyway, she may or may not make it, but I gave it a chance.

Good for you Chrome for not letting being at the top of the food chain go to your head. 

Good Karma

But if you think that was the only mouse in your house I would be very surprised.  Leave the  cover off the container for a few nights and I will bet that you catch a few more.

Intel 5930K@ 4.3 Ghz
    ASUS Rampage 5 Extreme Motherboard 
    EVGA GeForce 1080Ti SC
    Case Labs Merlin Full Tower case 
    NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid CPU cooler
    32 Gbs G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 2666
    EVGA  Supernova P1200 PSU
    Acer Predator X34 Monitor
    Samsung 512 Gb XP941 M2 SSD

HT Omega eClaro Soundcard[
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/24 19:06:53 (permalink)
    That was very kind of you to set it free, kudos to you.
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/24 20:44:34 (permalink)
    I wouldn't say kind....I just gave it a chance. For all I know an Owl or Hawk is already digesting it lol

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Stupid mouse, I finally got ya! 2014/09/25 13:56:17 (permalink)
    I did the same thing with a skunk that was annoying us. Bought a cheap $25 cage from Atwoods plus 2 used burlap bags to wrap around the cage to try and shield from being sprayed. I was lucky and the skunk didn't spray at all, not even after the caged turned over in the back of my truck from stopping too fast. I took the skunk out near some woods and let it go.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile