EVGA

have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
feelsbadman
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/09/22 17:12:29 (permalink)
I have been reading all the threads and forums about this heat sink debacle and now instead of being excited at the prospect of this amazing card I'm dreading having to RMA it back for a refund as well as being out almost $30 for overnight shipping.

The below quote from another site really has me upset since I was hoping to overclock this card even a little bit more when I get it.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to do with this post , maybe reassurance. I dunno, I really need an excuse at this point to open up the package and keep this card instead of sending it back. I have owned an EVGA GTX 680 for the last several years and have not had a problem ever and the cards OC's like a champ so I was looking for EVGA in my mind before I read a single review because I never imagined I would have to deal with anything like this from them, and blindly purchased an EVGA GTX 970 since it was "In Stock".

"To paraphrase eVGA's statement...

"We cheaped out on the design by not -properly doing it for the new cards because we knew it would still manage to cool OK for stock clocks thanks to the new NVidia chip's low TDP. We have provided much less cooling capability as a result by wasting part of the sink while competitors capitalized on this for better cooling at lower RPM speeds on the fans, resulting in better overclocks and lower noise levels at equal cooling performance. It's OK though, you can up the fan speed for additional noise, anyway, but don't pay attention to our much lower voltage limit than the competing cards, or the worse voltage circuitry quality and low 4 phase count vs. everyone else's 6.""

Talk about a cop-out... I'm normally a huge eVGA backer but they dropped the ball on this and don't really say anything in there to refute it, just try to pretend it's OK anyway. I even ordered two of their 970's, one came in defective, and have decided to just return both outright due to this bumble. And this is coming from someone who has owned their cards since the 7900 GT days and still has an 8800 GT KO of theirs hanging out on his shelf , with many more over the years since.

37 Replies Related Threads

klown07
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 113
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 18:19:18 (permalink)
    Does that 4 phase and worse circuitry quality, and lower voltage limit also apply to the GTX 980 reference?

One Sky. One Destiny.

Cpu- Core i7 4790k
    Tower- CoolerMaster HAF 932
    Mobo-Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z97
    Memory- 8gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz
    Hitachi 2.5tb hard drive
    Seagate 500gb hard drive
    Corsair H105 AIO watercooler
    EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked
    Power Supply- NZXT Hale90 1000-M 1kwatt psu
    Acer h5360 Projector
    LG 42' 1080p LED HDTV
    Halo_003
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12859
    • Ribbons : 51
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 18:31:13 (permalink)
    Good question and valid concerns OP. Does this pertain only to the 970s or are the 980s also affected? And is it the ACX1.0 or 2.0?

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

DchAoticN
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 18:39:01 (permalink)
    I am in the same boat actually...  and according to bit-tech's review which covered MSI Twin Frozr V, Asus Strix, and EVGA's ACX 2.0, the heat pipe design actually matters, with Twin Frozr beating ACX2 by 5 degrees on load.
    WSFrazier
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 18:57:45 (permalink)
    I have the exact same card coming from Newegg this week as well, and I am on the fence about rejecting it for a refund and just getting the Gigabyte from Amazon on waiting list.

I don't plan on overclocking, just swap it in and go, but still... Why choose the inferior product for the same money?
    gizmo88
    • Total Posts : 71
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 19:19:08 (permalink)
    klown07
    Does that 4 phase and worse circuitry quality, and lower voltage limit also apply to the GTX 980 reference?

If you own a Reference GTX 980 you chose wisely. The board layout and cooler were both designed by Nvidia's engineer's. I would much prefer a Reference 980 over their custom solution.
    klown07
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 113
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 19:20:14 (permalink)
    gizmo88
    klown07

If you own a Reference GTX 980 you chose wisely. The board layout and cooler were both designed by Nvidia's engineer's. I would much prefer a Reference 980 over their custom solution.

Alright thank you. Puts my mind at ease. It arrives tomorrow.

One Sky. One Destiny.

Cpu- Core i7 4790k
    Tower- CoolerMaster HAF 932
    Mobo-Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z97
    Memory- 8gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz
    Hitachi 2.5tb hard drive
    Seagate 500gb hard drive
    Corsair H105 AIO watercooler
    EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked
    Power Supply- NZXT Hale90 1000-M 1kwatt psu
    Acer h5360 Projector
    LG 42' 1080p LED HDTV
    clo007
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5274
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 19:22:39 (permalink)
    feelsbadman
    I have been reading all the threads and forums about this heat sink debacle and now instead of being excited at the prospect of this amazing card I'm dreading having to RMA it back for a refund as well as being out almost $30 for overnight shipping.

The below quote from another site really has me upset since I was hoping to overclock this card even a little bit more when I get it.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to do with this post , maybe reassurance. I dunno, I really need an excuse at this point to open up the package and keep this card instead of sending it back. I have owned an EVGA GTX 680 for the last several years and have not had a problem ever and the cards OC's like a champ so I was looking for EVGA in my mind before I read a single review because I never imagined I would have to deal with anything like this from them, and blindly purchased an EVGA GTX 970 since it was "In Stock".

"We cheaped out on the design by not -properly doing it for the new cards because we knew it would still manage to cool OK for stock clocks thanks to the new NVidia chip's low TDP. We have provided much less cooling capability as a result by wasting part of the sink while competitors capitalized on this for better cooling at lower RPM speeds on the fans, resulting in better overclocks and lower noise levels at equal cooling performance. It's OK though, you can up the fan speed for additional noise, anyway, but don't pay attention to our much lower voltage limit than the competing cards, or the worse voltage circuitry quality and low 4 phase count vs. everyone else's 6.""

Talk about a cop-out... I'm normally a huge eVGA backer but they dropped the ball on this and don't really say anything in there to refute it, just try to pretend it's OK anyway. I even ordered two of their 970's, one came in defective, and have decided to just return both outright due to this bumble. And this is coming from someone who has owned their cards since the 7900 GT days and still has an 8800 GT KO of theirs hanging out on his shelf , with many more over the years since.

So you created an account to come over here and post your dribble that you did on OCN forums?

gizmo88
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 19:23:39 (permalink)
    klown07
    gizmo88
    klown07

Alright thank you. Puts my mind at ease. It arrives tomorrow.

I'm jealous...  :(     Those reference coolers are beautiful. 
    feelsbadman
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 19:37:52 (permalink)
    clo007
    feelsbadman

So you created an account to come over here and post your dribble that you did on OCN forums?

I didn't post that, but it struck a chord with me. I'm a concerned paying customer and even though it's not a $550 purchase I'm dismayed that maybe the EVGA GTX 680 was only good because it was a reference design..so buy EVGA for reference cards because of their warranty and anything else avoid like the plague. Which I guess if you have to spend $500 every time a new card comes out to be in the cool kid's club and everything is sunshine and roses that's not going to happen very often..sorry.

I was hoping someone would be able to counter these points and maybe tell me I'm over reacting so I can stop worrying about this purchase, your not really helping here sir.
    subyman
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 20:04:23 (permalink)
    No counter to your arguments.  They are all valid points. I too went with EVGA because I've had great luck with them in the past, but this card is the first that I'm thinking about returning. I already sold my GTX 780 (EVGA card), so I'm in a tight spot where I need to pick up another GTX 970 before returning this one, if I decide to.
    TommyLai
    • Total Posts : 26
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 20:13:46 (permalink)
    I am refusing mine on Thursday too:( oh Well, maybe I will go with eVGA again when I could afford a higher end card.
    post edited by TommyLai - 2014/09/22 20:16:11
    trek554
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 812
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 20:28:23 (permalink)
    TommyLai
    I am refusing mine on Thursday too:( oh Well, maybe I will go with eVGA again when I could afford a higher end card.

I really hope that system in your sig is not what you are going to be putting a 970 in. 
    post edited by trek554 - 2014/09/22 20:30:46

Win 10 Pro | i9 9900KF | MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC | FE RTX 3070 | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200 CL14 | Samsung Evo 860 4TB SSD | Phanteks P500A | Seasonic FOCUS GX-1000| Sound Blaster Zx
    clo007
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5274
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 20:39:23 (permalink)
    feelsbadman
    clo007
    feelsbadman

I didn't post that, but it struck a chord with me. I'm a concerned paying customer and even though it's not a $550 purchase I'm dismayed that maybe the EVGA GTX 680 was only good because it was a reference design..so buy EVGA for reference cards because of their warranty and anything else avoid like the plague. Which I guess if you have to spend $500 every time a new card comes out to be in the cool kid's club and everything is sunshine and roses that's not going to happen very often..sorry.

I was hoping someone would be able to counter these points and maybe tell me I'm over reacting so I can stop worrying about this purchase, your not really helping here sir.

My bad. i thought you were the guy over there that made that comment.

TommyLai
    • Total Posts : 26
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 20:40:05 (permalink)
    trek554
    TommyLai

I really hope that system in your sig is not what you are going to be putting a 970 in. 

I am sorry, I have been away from the forum for a while. I just updated my current setup. It is kinda old right now:( I will probably upgrade the cpu and board next year but for now, I will just upgrade my aging GTX 680.
    hiz father
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 178
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 22:09:03 (permalink)
    So I shouldn't be worried if I ordered a reference 980 right? 

“You don’t need to see his identification … These aren’t the droids you’re looking for … He can go about his business … Move along.”  
    Heatware
    i7 2600k
    EVGA Z68 FTW
    EVGA GTX 980 ti SC
    AX 850
    900D
    SGTHACK
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 231
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 22:56:55 (permalink)
    I am not worried at all. I have a 970 being delivered tomorrow. :)

gizmo88
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 22:57:17 (permalink)
    hiz father
    So I shouldn't be worried if I ordered a reference 980 right? 

Nvidia refernce coolers use a heat pipe design. However, instead of the GPU making direct contact with heat pipes they opted for a solid copper plate. Wooohoo! It increased the costs of manufacturing, but it is worth it imo. Enjoy your new GPU!

post edited by gizmo88 - 2014/09/22 23:05:31
    godgxjs
    • Total Posts : 43
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/22 23:04:38 (permalink)
    godgxjs
    Ok, since I was the one who started this thread I'm going to share my current opinions with everyone. My gtx 970 ssc axc 2.0 is coming tomorrow, and I have decided to give Evga the benefit of the doubt. I have always trusted this brand and it has never disappointed me before, and after much reading and deliberation I have decided to trust them again. Putting all the unfair criticism aside (witch hunt), there are few factual points to consider. The evga 970 axc cards are a bit louder and run a bit hotter than the competition. Now I'm not saying that it is because there are defects on the manufacturing or the design of the card. People who say this are just angry that the card didn't turn out to be as good as they wanted it to be, when compared to other brands. This does not mean that the card won't perform as it should or that it will malfunction or break based solely on its design. If that was the case, then it wouldn't have passed Nvidia Greenlight tests. Products that compete with each other have always been different. That's what makes competition possible and good for consumers. If you want the card with the lowest temperatures and the lowest noise then it seems the EVGA 970 isn't for you this time around. But that does not give anyone the right to say that EVGA is bad now or that the card has manufacturing defects, because that is way out of line. The engineers at EVGA decided that the design was good enough and that is why they produced it that way. They aren't always trying to figure out exactly what other brands are going to come out with in order to beat them in every single aspect of the card, because that is not how it works. They design a product, they make it, then they test it extensively, then they send it to Nvidia and they test it as well. They have been doing this for quite a while now, and they must have been doing something right because last time I checked, EVGA is probably the most reliable manufacturer of aftermarket Nvidia GPUs. So if it happens that this time, other manufacturers produced 970s with lower temperatures and noise (by a small margin), then so be it. I congratulate their design team and engineers for achieving that. I, for one, don't blindly look for the card with the lowest temperatures and noise in order to buy it. I look for a good all around product that is backed up by a reliable brand and an excellent customer service. In this case, this happens to be the EVGA gtx 970 ssc acx 2.0. It's the highest end evga model of the 970 available on the market right now (before they ran out of stock). I will be testing the card once I receive it tomorrow afternoon. 

And before people start calling me a crazy EVGA fanboy, I assure you I'm not. EVGA is just a brand that has earned my respect and preference over the years, and this time I did my best to analyze the situation as objectively as I could. 

This is from a thread I created. I hope it helps you.
    Stephenk291
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1023
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/23 06:31:33 (permalink)
    The fear over this ''defect'' which people so poorly chose to call it is pretty hilarious. The 3rd heat pipe was there to supplement the bigger 2 8mm pipes that make full direct contact.  Why don't you at least get the card and try it first. Does it mean its poor because it didn't compete with the same results as another card? (No) and if that is your thought process..you're wrong.  Until people on this forum actually get their card and use it, its all speculation and fear mongering.

TL:DR Why don't you actually use the card and see how it works before you immediately cave into the court of public opinion?
    post edited by Stephenk291 - 2014/09/23 06:34:54

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
    feelsbadman
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/23 06:36:47 (permalink)
    I've decided to decline/refuse my shippment for a full refund including shipping instead of taking a gamble on this card.

I could probably live with slightly higher temps, I could probably live with a louder fan, but I can't live with coil whine and infererior parts when power is concerned I don't care how high it clocks or doesn't if it will break down in a year or certain games that push it ever so slighty more than others prodcue strange issues like freezes, etc. This is the kind of garbage that makes troubleshooting impossible and requires 5+ RMAs before it gets resolved. That is my chief concern, stability and quality parts and longevity. I don't want to RMA anything in the first place and it's not like it's lifetime warranty anymore it's just a standard 3 years right?

I would expect this from a percieved lesser brand but not an EVGA so lesson learned I suppose. Also I have not heard anything good so far, only negative things across the board, and that screenshot showing 62 degrees wow, my GTX 680 at full load barely hits 50 with an agressive fan profile with a good bit of OC and the power set all the way to the right in Precision X.

Next major release I'll wait a while, Nvidia just made it real hard not to jump the gun since the 970 seems like such a perfect card.

I am dissapointed sure but I've still got a great working EVGA GTX 680 that is more than capable so I think I can wait some more until other cards are back in stock or available locally.
    ganzosrevenge
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 169
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/23 06:56:37 (permalink)
    Is the 970 FTW stuck with the same issue?  Or just 970 SC?

DESKTOP: CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 350D | ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE | Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2400 11-13-13-31 RAM | EVGA GTX 1080 CLASSIFIED - 8GB GDDR5X RAM (2,560 Cores / 256-Bit) Driver: 368.81| 256GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Seasonic SS-1050 XP3 | Dell UP2414Q 4K IPS Monitor| Swiftech H220-x Liquid Loop | Win10 Build 14901

LAPTOP: Sager NP8265-S | Intel Core i7-4800mq @ 2.7GHz | 32GB DDR3-1600 11-11-11-28 RAM | nVidia GTX 780m - 4GB GDDR5 RAM (1,536 Cores / 256-bit) Driver: 368.81 | 1TB 850 Pro SSD | BLURAY ROM | 95% Adobe 1080p MATTE SCREEN | Win10PRO x64 Build 14901
    blacksapphire08
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8875
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/23 07:02:25 (permalink)
    Thank you Stephen for being one of the few posting using common sense. Most of these people are refusing to buy a product based on heresay. I bought an EVGA GTX 970 SC (yes with ACX 1.0) and my temps/noise level do not match up with what people are saying.

Idle temp: 29*C
    Load temp playing Diablo 3: 41*C
    Load temp playing Metro Last Light 70*C

I did not even adjust the fan settings either and its much quiter than my GTX 570 that it replaced. Stop the witch hunt and go buy someone other brand if it bothers you that much.

astacy12
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 231
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/23 07:12:01 (permalink)
    ganzosrevenge
    Is the 970 FTW stuck with the same issue?  Or just 970 SC?

The FTW has a different layout for the heat pipes and is the only one in the 970's to have this layout. With it's higher clocks, this layout will most likely improve temps but why it wasn't included on all of the 970's I have no idea. In the review for the FTW, max temps was 66 even with the high OC. Though, fan noise was a little higher so it probably comes with a more aggressive fan profile in the bios.
    feelsbadman
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/23 07:15:09 (permalink)
    blacksapphire08
    Thank you Stephen for being one of the few posting using common sense. Most of these people are refusing to buy a product based on heresay. I bought an EVGA GTX 970 SC (yes with ACX 1.0) and my temps/noise level do not match up with what people are saying.

I did not even adjust the fan settings either and its much quiter than my GTX 570 that it replaced. Stop the witch hunt and go buy someone other brand if it bothers you that much.

Like I said temps are not my biggest concern, it's the quality of the power components on the card. However I have to say those temps are rather hot for a chip that is so revolutionary and a cooler that is supposed to be revolutionary as well. I wouldn't be happy with that, I've not seen anything chip hit 70 degrees in years. My GTX 680 at idle is 23-24 degrees and I've never seen it hit 60 degrees full load. Do you live in Airzona or something?
    JLMS2010
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 880
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/23 07:16:42 (permalink)
    blacksapphire08

I asked people to post some temperatures in the OCN thread comparing this card to all the others.  I haven't seen anybody post any solid evidence yet that these coolers do not cool adequately.  Also, it is not a "design defect", I'm still confused on how this is a "design defect"
    post edited by JLMS2010 - 2014/09/23 07:26:10

RIG 1: i5-8600K / Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 / EVGA GTX 1070 FTW / 16GB Corsair 3000MHz / 950 Pro 512GB M.2 / 850 Pro 1TB /  Phanteks Pro M Tempered / EVGA 750P2 / SGPC's cables / Dell U3415W Monitor

Heatware

Sprinx
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 364
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/23 07:19:35 (permalink)
    blacksapphire08

Thanks for providing some real-world statistics to the conversation.

I understand the feel of a bait-and-switch, with EVGA touting the new ACX 2.0 (with the giveaway and everything) on the new 900 series, and then some of the cards are coming with the old ACX cooling solution (which I understand is still pretty good). But the cards on EVGA's product are labeled "GTX 970...ACX" or "GTX 970...ACX 2.0," so you know which you are purchasing.

But personally, i can never justify overnight or expedited shipping, or any shipping method that isn't the cheapest available, when it comes to electronics purchases. With $30 in shipping, you just increased the price by 12%, with no gain in performance. You just get the card one or two days sooner than ground shipping. 

ASUS Prime X570-Pro AM4 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB DDR4 3200
    Corsair Crystal 570X | Corsair CX-F CX750F PSU
    Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum CPU AIO 

Secondary Tri-SLI just-for-fun 790i FTW rig: http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=21014

Stephenk291
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1023
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/23 07:20:16 (permalink)
    Defect by definition means it's inferior which it very well might be compared to other cooler designs, but I don't think people are using defect in that sense. To be people seem to be throwing around defect to mean that this design is defective in that it wasn't done by design. If this design was approved by Nvidia which EVGA said it was, they clearly must have not seen any issues with it.   Until people start throwing up real numbers from their cards this entire thread is a bunch of hearsay and conjecture which can very well mislead people or make them return a product (resulting in a $$ loss) due to a lack of true information.

and thank you blacksapphire for posting some actual results. If you could even maybe include some Screenshots for true justification.  People really need to get off this bandwagon until they try it themselves.
    post edited by Stephenk291 - 2014/09/23 07:23:46

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
    SLK2355
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/23 07:29:16 (permalink)
    Mine is going back and going with a reference GTX 980. I do not like coilwhine.
    feelsbadman
    Re: have an 04G-P4-2975-KR coming tomorrow and I'm depressed I already have to return it 2014/09/23 07:31:27 (permalink)
    Stephenk291
    Defect by definition means it's inferior which it very well might be compared to other cooler designs, but I don't think people are using defect in that sense. To be people seem to be throwing around defect to mean that this design is defective in that it wasn't done by design. If this design was approved by Nvidia which EVGA said it was, they clearly must have not seen any issues with it.   Until people start throwing up real numbers from their cards this entire thread is a bunch of hearsay and conjecture which can very well mislead people or make them return a product (resulting in a $$ loss) due to a lack of true information.

and thank you blacksapphire for posting some actual results. If you could even maybe include some Screenshots for true justification.  People really need to get off this bandwagon until they try it themselves.

I would try it if I didn't see threads pop everywhere warning about this on every tech related site imaginable. It's hard not to bump into this just daily browsing for tech news. Since I'm not out the shipping just declinging it, I think that's the best choice for less of a headache, someone else wants to be bleeding edge then go for it. If they had them in stock locally I would go get one and try it but the only place to get them if they are in stock seems to be online and who wants to wait a week shipping for a card like this after that Nvidia presentation? I guess for some people it gives them some more time to wait for more reviews which is good.
    Since I'm not out anything by declining it's a win/win, I didn't my sell my old card or anything so I don't have to have it right now...even though I want it right now :(
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile