EVGA

Helpful Reply660 TI SC 2GB - Turning off or changing Variable speed

Author
LordHikaru
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/09/19 15:30:18 (permalink)
Okay so i dunno how many of you have played or are playing Injustice: Gods Among Us on PC. But if you have you know about all the FPS issues and such and such.  Well every time the game slows down is because my video card is downclocking to 324 Mhz(which would be normal for the menu) during a fight where it should be in the 700s or so.  I'm sure there's a software/hardware conflict somewhere within the game the devs need to somehow figure out, but I'm just curious to rather or not there would be a way for me to turn off the variable speed on my card so it just goes at one constant speed. 
bob16314
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8048
  • Ribbons : 761
Re: 660 TI SC 2GB - Turning off or changing Variable speed 2014/09/20 00:20:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby LordHikaru 2014/09/21 21:32:40
You can set Prefer maximum performance in the NVCPL either in Global Settings (which affects all games and needs a reboot to take effect) or Program Settings (which only affects the specific game/games selected and needs no reboot)..Prefer maximum performance keeps your video card from dropping below it's base clockspeed..See Setting "Power management mode" from Adaptive to Maximum Performance..If a game isn't listed in Program Settings, you'll need to add the game's .exe to the list.

You can use K-Boost in EVGA Precision to force your video card to run at it's full boost clockspeed regardless of load..K-Boost will increase power consumption and heat and is generally not recommended outside of testing and benchmarking.

Hope that helps.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

LordHikaru
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 660 TI SC 2GB - Turning off or changing Variable speed 2014/09/21 21:35:44 (permalink)
bob16314
You can set Prefer maximum performance in the NVCPL either in Global Settings (which affects all games and needs a reboot to take effect) or Program Settings (which only affects the specific game/games selected and needs no reboot)..Prefer maximum performance keeps your video card from dropping below it's base clockspeed..See ..If a game isn't listed in Program Settings, you'll need to add the game's .exe to the list.

You can use K-Boost in to force your video card to run at it's full boost clockspeed regardless of load..K-Boost will increase power consumption and heat and is generally not recommended outside of testing and benchmarking.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I thought I had seen it there in the control panel, I had just forgotten where lol. Anyways, I changed it to Prefer Maximum Performance and it helped the game out extremely.  I also ended up forcing the game to turn off the v-sync which further improved the game's multiplayer performance.  
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile