EVGA

Unable to update graphic drivers through GeForce Experience

Author
jjtheriffraff
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/09/21 21:06:15 (permalink)
Hey guys, I have two EVGA GTX780 6GBs in SLI. I use Nvidia's GeForce Experience for ShadowPlay and change game settings. Before I got these two cards, I had a GTX780 3GBs in SLI and I was able to update the graphic drivers using this GeForce Experience without any problems. Now I cannot update these new cards to the latest drivers, having to do it manually through Nvidia's website. It is as if GeForce Experience does not recognize my cards at all. 

Have anyone been in a similar situation before and found a solution? Any help or information is much appreciated. Thanks!

3 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_GabrielT
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1104
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Unable to update graphic drivers through GeForce Experience 2014/09/21 22:54:04 (permalink)
    Hello jjtheriffraff

Do both card work in SLI ? If so it might be a Geforce Experience issue and would highly recommend on reinstalling the software. Please check GPUZ and device manger for anything that might look odd.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Unable to update graphic drivers through GeForce Experience 2014/09/21 23:22:08 (permalink)
    You can search the GeForce Forums and see that people have various issues with updating drivers with GeForce Experience..Since you changed graphics cards, it's affecting GeForce Experience in some negative way, that's my guess..Things you could try are:
    - Removing GeForce Experience through Control Panel and reinstalling the latest version.
    - Perform a Custom (Advanced) clean install of the driver.
    - Alternatively, you could try using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to remove the driver and all it's  optional components before installing the latest driver and GeForce Experience.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

jjtheriffraff
    • Total Posts : 6
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Unable to update graphic drivers through GeForce Experience 2014/09/22 09:40:04 (permalink)
    Hey thanks for the replies!

@EVGATech_GabrielIT
    Yes, both cards work in SLI. I have confirmed SLI by using game benchmarks and also through GPU-Z. I have also reinstalled the GeForce Experience and the graphics drivers manually. I've even reinstalled Windows 8.1. In device manager, everything under display adapters looks fine. 

@bob16314
    Thanks! I have checked the Geforce forums but I didn't find anyone with a similar updating issue as me. 
    1. Yup, I tried reinstalling GeForce experience with the latest version to no avail. 
    2. Tried that too, but still did not work. 
    3. I have not tries this one. Will give it a try when I get back from school. 

I have Windows 8.1 N 64bit. I don't know if it is relevant, but maybe the N version has something to do with it?

Thanks again, any help is much appreciated. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile