EVGA

Hadron Air Power/Noise/Temps measurements.

Author
Victorcc1981
  • Total Posts : 30
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/09/19 21:42:12 (permalink)
I started doing some measurements with my new Hadron Air configuration (seen on signature):

1 - Hadron Air Temperatures (ambient room measured with Mercury-in-glass thermometer);
2 - Hadron Air power consumption (Digital Wattmeter, only Air Hadron build, without monitor and other external devices);
3 - Hadron Air noise (DB Meter, During late night with almost almost 0 noise).

I'm running my 4790k Overclocked to 46-46-45-44 100BCLK RAM at 2400mhz and 1.270v / 1.324v core voltages.
As the temps now are better, i set the Fans to SILENCE in the Asus UEFI bios (both CPU cooler and both top case fans) during all tests. Actually it’s how i use it.
Also, all the tests where did with Hadron Air case CLOSED.
All tests were performed with the system Overclock, remembering that the EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked ACX has already Factory OC.

Let's start.

1 - Hadron Air Temperatures.
I noticed a very good evolution in temperatures recent days. I imagine that as I had done those measurements (previously posted at EVGA Hadron Air Owners Club) shortly after the installation of the noctua nh-U9B se2 thermal compound was still in the adjustment phase (i used the noctua original thermal compound).
Ambient room temp: 29ºC / 84ºF
TJ MAX: 100ºC

Follow pictures (if it's too small, open the URL original image) with my temperatures (RealTemp 3.7): 

Idle (after 6 minutes of startup)

Normal use (many aplications / internet / video / music at same time...OK! It's not that normal...)

Prime95 blend test (10 minutes test in the RealTemp 3.7)

AIDA64 CPU stress test

3DMark firestrike (demo included)

Conclusion:
I am more than satisfied with the results. Good temperatures for a strong system that can generate a lot of heat, even overclocked. From my understanding i think i could find a good balance between performance / temperature for any use (Actually with the OC 4790k i beated my 3Dmark firestrike record by almost 200 points).

2 - Hadron Air Power Consumption

With the help of a digital wattmeter I could accurately measure the levels of consumption of my Hadron Air. I considered only the case build only, excluding external devices such as a monitor and audio system.
Follow video with measurements (it’s in portuguese but the images speak for themselves in the video).

https://www.youtube.com/w...Hgg2l0lniVcj5A69GRgvEg

Hadron Air Power Consumption:
System down: ~ 0.5W / 1.0W
System idle: ~ 52,5w / 54w
System Normal use (not Showed in the video): ~ 100w / 125w
System full load (100% CPU / VGA / RAM): ~ 333,5w
System real consumption at full load: ~ 379w (88% considering the 80 plus gold certified PSU Hadron)

Conclusion:
The 500W 80 plus gold certified Hadron Air PSU is more than enough to endure an extreme setting, even overclocked.
Congratulations EVGA for the excelent PSU choice for this case.

3 – Hadron Air noise.

Did again the noise measurements, now with the noctua set (top Cooler + fans).
My previous system was composed of CPU cooler Thermalright AXP-100 and the original Hadron's top fans.
Now the tests were done with the cooler Noctua NH-U9B SE2 and 2x 120mm Noctua NF-S12A PWM top fans, set for SILENCE mod in the Asus UEFI bios.
Legend to the columns of the chart:

1-1 meter away from the rig (straight);
2 - Next to the rig (bottom);
3 - On top of the rig;
4 -2 meters away from the rig (straight);

The results:

Conclusion:
Noctua products really make a difference, and is perceptible to the ear.
Of course, it’s not a big difference, especially when the system is in use for heavier games, but still is some gain.
post edited by Victorcc1981 - 2014/09/20 06:02:31

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/victorleidi
Case: Hadron Air (PSU 500W Gold +)
Motherboard: Asus Z97i-plus
CPU: Intel core i7 4790k 46-46-45-44
Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2
Thermal Paste: Noctua NT H1
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC + ACX cooler
RAM Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 2x4GB
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Monitor: AOC IPS LED 21.5pol i2269 Slim
Áudio: Edifier MP300 Plus 22W RMS (1x sub 15W + 2x 3,5W)
Keyboard/Mouse: Microsoft Wireless 3000
Surge Protector: Clamper Energia

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile