EVGA

questions about the evga z97 classified

Author
wheeljack21
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/09/19 14:25:42 (permalink)
I am interested in buying the evga z97 classified. One, do the dual intel lans on the board support teaming? Every review just says they are there but no mention of teaming. And the 2nd one is a bit tricky. I currently use a adaptec 6805e raid card on a gigabyte mb. It's a raid on chip card. The question I have about it and consumer motherboards in general: If the raid card is ROC and you are using a consumer (non server) mb, does the motherboards bios usually take on the raid card's bios more specifically the evga z97 classified? I just want to make sure because I bought a non-ROC LSI card that basically had to return to retailer because the consumer mb's don't have enough bios/nvram to hold a entire non-ROC raid bios. The reason I went with 6805e is that it's the cheapest ROC card ($280 vs. 4-500 for other brands)that can handle the bandwidth of multiple sata 3 ssd's in raid 0. The 6405e is a piece of junk. Never had it but it's waste when it's pci-e 2.0 1x. Technically, that means you can use one sata 3 ssd where the 6805e has 2gb of bandwidth (pci-e 2.0 4x) to handle multiple ssd's meaning if you want raid ssd's you need the 6805e if you want to go cheap. Just remember to buy a 40mm fan for cooling on the raid card.

What I want to have in pci-e config is the following:
1. Sapphire r9 290 tri-x oc
2. Creative labs sb zxr
3. Adaptec 6805e raid card
4. Sapphire r9 290 tri-x oc

2 Replies Related Threads

LazySoft
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 184
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: questions about the evga z97 classified 2014/09/19 23:02:28 (permalink)
    Hi
    Your first question about teaming the Intel NIC.
    Yes you could do that. I havent test it fully my self but in the proprties tab of each Nic you have the option tab to create adapter teaming and as far I see it, you could choose both Nic for that since they are availble for makeing a adapter team.

Secondlly, I dont have any Adaptec card to test/play with so. It's just try it and move it around.

For your slot setup but try without SB ZXR. Slot 1 and 2 are shareing lanes. You could run in to problems with your sound.
    The Z97 Classified has onboard Recon3Di with has almost the same Sound Core chip as ZXR.

Lazy or not Lazy. That's not a question.
    LazySoft
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 184
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: questions about the evga z97 classified 2014/09/20 02:04:49 (permalink)
    Hi again

Did some fast test with teaming the Nics on this board and it works.
    I could only test ALB and RLB modes. I dont have a switch that could handle the other teaming modes.

Lazy or not Lazy. That's not a question.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile