GM is on a roll...

Author
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 17
2014/09/16 18:19:31 (permalink)
http://www.autonews.com/article/20140911/OEM11/140919954/gm-issues-2-recalls-stop-sale-orders-for-2015-corvettes

2015 Corvettes are being recalled, Orders on hold. =P

post edited by JGLuxe - 2021/05/11 12:19:27

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

10 Replies Related Threads

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4805
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: GM is on a roll... 2014/09/17 05:22:48 (permalink)
     WOW! What is up with GM always screwing up? I guess the "ignition switch" in GM's=(General Mistake) brain cant "recall" on how to fix their problems because their air bags could not protect their airheads LOL.

post edited by HAZMAN_THE_GREAT - 2014/09/17 05:25:21

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: GM is on a roll... 2014/09/17 05:35:26 (permalink)
    It seems like a lot of car companies are issuing recalls. Are these car companies testing their vehicles enough using real people?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2232
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: GM is on a roll... 2014/09/17 06:42:02 (permalink)

rjohnson11

It seems like a lot of car companies are issuing recalls. Are these car companies testing their vehicles enough using real people?

But few are having 29,000,000 cars impacted. This is a new record for the auto industry. I have never had a great opinion of GM, as this continues to feed that perspective.
    post edited by Grey_Beard - 2014/09/18 16:12:07
    moose517
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6259
    • Ribbons : 33
    Re: GM is on a roll... 2014/09/17 14:34:55 (permalink)
    The whole ignition switch recall is stupid.  I dunno why people insist on having 9000 keys on there keychains anyways.  I've got a carabiner with all my keys on it and my car key is on its own easily detachable.  As for the whole amount of GM cars recalled, yes its crazy, but at least they are acknowledging there are problems and are working to rectify the problems.  Some things are so minute it takes a huge data set to find a flaw.  My car was on recall for multiple things over the years, does it change my opinion of GM in my book, nope.  As a matter of fact i'm looking to purchase a 6th generation camaro when they are finally unveiled.  How do we know that other car manufacturers don't have many defects as well, they just don't want to publicly admit it.
    Violence.
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1913
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: GM is on a roll... 2014/09/17 14:42:21 (permalink)
    Constantly
    Having
    Every
    Vehicle 
    Recalled
    Over
    Lousy
    Engineering
    Techniques
    Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: GM is on a roll... 2014/09/17 15:49:52 (permalink)
    +1

Sent from my Fancy-pants Pad using Tapatalk
    kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: GM is on a roll... 2014/09/17 16:25:24 (permalink)
    Wow. It's good that they caught it so soon since those are next year models, but it's still absurd. I guess that's what consumers should expect for companies no longer testing their products long enough to rush 'em to market instead. The year is only three quarters over and they've apparently already shipping sold 2015 models. Gets earlier every year.

With my Chevy Lumina, the car was over 10 years old before it had a recall for a manufacturing defect with the rack and pinion in the steering column. Something wasn't crimped right during manufacture so it was apparently somehow possible for ball bearings to escape and lock the steering wheel into a fixed position. Pretty sure it was only discovered after some wreck... 

Have water, will cool. 
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7192
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: GM is on a roll... 2014/09/18 08:30:59 (permalink)
    moose517
    The whole ignition switch recall is stupid.  I dunno why people insist on having 9000 keys on there keychains anyways.  I've got a carabiner with all my keys on it and my car key is on its own easily detachable.  As for the whole amount of GM cars recalled, yes its crazy, but at least they are acknowledging there are problems and are working to rectify the problems.  Some things are so minute it takes a huge data set to find a flaw.  My car was on recall for multiple things over the years, does it change my opinion of GM in my book, nope.  As a matter of fact i'm looking to purchase a 6th generation camaro when they are finally unveiled.  How do we know that other car manufacturers don't have many defects as well, they just don't want to publicly admit it.

Not sure what you're talking about? It's not about how many keys you have.. It's the fact that it's super easy to shut the car off with your knee... That was the whole issue.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

moose517
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6259
    • Ribbons : 33
    Re: GM is on a roll... 2014/09/18 10:25:32 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    moose517

Not sure what you're talking about? It's not about how many keys you have.. It's the fact that it's super easy to shut the car off with your knee... That was the whole issue.

The weight of keys hanging on there have made it easier.  I really don't know how hard it would be to hit the ignition switch in my car with my knee as thankfully my G6 has the key on the dash versus the steering column, if i were to manage to hit the key there is something wrong anyways.  But IMO this whole deal is another point in the favor of the gimmicky push to start buttons
    Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: GM is on a roll... 2014/09/18 16:16:09 (permalink)
    moose517
    RushXTC
    moose517

The weight of keys hanging on there have made it easier.  I really don't know how hard it would be to hit the ignition switch in my car with my knee as thankfully my G6 has the key on the dash versus the steering column, if i were to manage to hit the key there is something wrong anyways.  But IMO this whole deal is another point in the favor of the gimmicky push to start buttons

Not sure this is a valid point.  Do not owners of Toyota, Honda and other manufacturers do the same thing?  If so, then why are they not having the same issue?  I love my "gimmicky" push button start.  I always have my fob in my pocket and I am never fumbling for the keys.  Maybe GM should market to a better clientele, as they seem to have too many keys on their key rings (at least more than buy other manufacturer's cars) and find a way to get their knee to hit the steering wheel just right while they drive to make the car ignition turn the power off.  I say they just make them for midget circus clowns. 
    post edited by Grey_Beard - 2014/09/18 16:18:13

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile