RMA is great

Author
juks77
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/09/10 06:02:47 (permalink)
Hi there,
Firstly, i bought an EVGA 780 Ti after days of reflexion because you seemed to have the best customer service ever, well i'm still not convinced.

I have a problem with RMA. Early July 2014, my evga 780 ti sc stopped working, it has artifacts and overheat issues.
So, i started to do an EAR, paid (649€) and received the "new" product BUT, this card wasn't working either. It crashes computer after 10seconds of game (bf4/csgo).
I sent back my first faulty card with ups 140€ shipping fees.

Then i asked the customer service a RMA. Since i'm not rich, i couldn't afford another EAR since first one wasn't refunded at this moment. 
Since I was really disappointed, customer service proposed to send me a 780 Ti SC but with ACX cooler. I said ok, normal RMA then.
So I paid shipping fees again, this time with FedEx so it was barely 50€, sent the second card to EVGA.

And today, guess what i received ? I just received the EXACT same faulty card AGAIN. From the opening i saw this was exactly the card i sent but I did try, hopeless saying maybe they fixed it.
Well, it crashes computer after 10seconds of game (bf4/csgo)..

THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY, 2 months I can't play my games, 2 RMA, shipping costs, ear.. really this card is getting more expensive each day.

EVGA do something or it was the very last time i buy one of your products
post edited by juks77 - 2014/09/10 10:23:20

8 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RMA is not working so well 2014/09/10 08:09:41 (permalink)
    I just need to make sure that FedEx didn't return the package to you by accident. Can you check the date shipped label of when the card was returned to FedEx, and what location it was sent from. I am not saying that EVGA hadn't made this mistake in the past, but it definitely isn't a common occurrence that they would send the exact card back again.

Also, when you received the new card, the one you currently have, did you try removing the drivers and reinstalling them when the card arrived? If not, the drivers may be corrupt, and causing the crashes. Please try doing a full, clean install, to verify that your current issue isn't coming from the drivers. Make sure when you are loading the new drivers, to remove all NVidia drivers from the control panel driver list prior to the new install, then when select custom installation, select ONLY the driver and PhysX (make sure all 3D, sound and GEFORCE experience are NOT selected) then check the "perform clean install" check box.

Once the install completes, please fully restart your computer.

Try to trouble shoot this for us, in hopes that you can avoid spending any more money on shipping.

Any time you install a new video card, you should remove the drivers, install the card, then do a fresh/clean install to make sure that all of the cards have the latest possible drivers supporting them. Installing another, like card, can cause minor issues and start throwing errors as well.
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    EVGA EU Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: RMA is not working so well 2014/09/10 08:13:57 (permalink)
    Hi,

like stated in the last email, the last card we have received was fully working and this unit got pretested before it got shipped. We do not refuse to do anything we just wanted some more information about the problem you are experiencing as you did not mention what is wrong with the card. Without this information it is pretty hard to troubleshoot this problem. In this email we did also request an address where we can pick up the faulty card, there you can see that we are willed to help you but if we ship one working card after the next, in our office everything do work while you are experiencing problems it will not help to find the source of the issue. We did also explain that we always replace cards and you should not get same card back, if you think it is the same card please let us know what make you think this so we can proof if there was a mistake at our end. Just answer the questions out of the last email and confirm an address then we will try to sort this.
    juks77
    Re: RMA is not working so well 2014/09/10 10:22:40 (permalink)
    After cross-test at my friend's house, it turns out it's not the card thank you evga.

I just bought a Corsair AX760i to replace the Corsair HX850W.

I'll tell you if everything is ok

Thank you everyone
    EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: RMA is not working so well 2014/09/10 10:25:17 (permalink)
    Hello juks77,

Glad to hear things worked out.  Sometimes there are other components that give a false positive.  In either event, thank you for sticking with us in helping you through with your EVGA product.

Best Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: RMA is not working so well 2014/09/10 10:28:08 (permalink)
    Good deal. Definitely update us once you get the new PSU in.
    juks77
    Re: RMA is not working so well 2014/09/10 13:14:20 (permalink)
    It's now working like a charm !!

Well, I really lost time and money on this. Too bad I didn't cross-test before.. It was so obvious that it was the card.. and it wasn't !

thank you for you support
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: RMA is not working so well 2014/09/10 13:17:50 (permalink)
    It happens bud. I am going through my first rma and I tested every piece of hardware I had and even borrowed a buddies computer before submitting it... 4 computers completely taken apart to find a bad motherboard, lol.

If you have the resources, it helps to cross check, if not, then it leaves you to guess work, as well as trial and error.

Very glad you have it figured out now. Too bad about paying for shipping twice though :-(
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: RMA is not working so well 2014/09/29 21:19:21 (permalink)
    juks77
    It's now working like a charm !!

Well, I really lost time and money on this. Too bad I didn't cross-test before.. It was so obvious that it was the card.. and it wasn't !

thank you for you support

That's awesome. Glad everything worked out for you.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile