Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
2014/08/30 02:22:31 (permalink)
I have been glancing through the review videos and a few of the announcement videos, and figure there are going to be a lot of minor complaints (some won't be minor, of course) and requests for the next "Dark" style board, so making a single thread to keep them compiled may already make sense.

Things I have noticed so far amongst other posters:

USB 3 headers and I/O options. Where are all the connections? Many boards are offering many options, and there are a total of 8 on the classified while utilizing the I/O and the single internal header. Maybe add another header and a few more I/O options.

4 pin fan headers. I had really hoped that this board would come with 4 pins. Give the user control over the fans that the motherboard controls.

*Removing the power phase portion and adding single side ram latches*

Ram Latches: Currently set to two sides latch, making it difficult to unlatch the bottom side when a gpu is installed in slot 1.

Built in I/O cover. I really liked the optional cover on the z87 Classified I have, but I try to avoid pulling radiators while changing motherboards and it gets finicky (my fault, not EVGA) trying to get everything lined up. Maybe make the I/O cover snap in or permanent mounted. Yes, I see another line has theirs perma-mounted and it looks amazing, so that is just a thought.

Let me state, I do not have this board. I would love to grab one, as I am a glutton for punishment toward my wallet, but it will be at least a few weeks/months. I have seen a few of these items listed, and really think they could use some love and attention in the future when the Rev 2 or Dark come out.

If something should be added or removed from the list, get the greater consensus going, and I will update this post. Remember, the user is the one paying for the item, so we should strive to help EVGA make the best for the user.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2014/09/05 15:15:40

35 Replies Related Threads

hallowen
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5644
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/08/30 04:46:34 (permalink)
    I decided to go ahead and buy/take a chance on the EVGA X99 Classified JUST to see if it could get similar results as the other brands ONLY as far as Overclocking/Benchmarking goes.

I know others use their boards for more than just these few tasks, and they probably COULD use more Features like more USB headers and other I/O options, 4-pin fan headers,etc.., which On my previous X79 Build using an ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition had WAY more features (USB, Wi-Fi, OC Panel, BIOS Options) like those mentioned that I didn't need to utilize in my Testing.

Also on a side Note, The EVGA X99 FTW has only 8 power phases, But the EVGA X99 Classified has 10 power phases.

It just Boils down to the Tasks/Extra Components you are going to want to connect in order to determine what your Computer needs are going to be.  

ASUS: Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 2X RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin SLI | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Memory - SAGER: NP9870-G | i7-6700K | GTX 980M 8GB | 64GB DDR4 | 950 PRO M.2 512GB | 17.3 QHD 120Hz Matte G-Sync | Prema bios - EVOC Premamod:  P870TM1 | i9-9900K-LM | RTX 2080N 8GB | Modded Vapor Chamber | 32GB 3000MHz Ripjaws | 960 EVO M.2 1TB | 17.3 3K QHD 120Hz Matte G-Sync | Intel 8265 -

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/08/30 05:07:13 (permalink)
    Oops, thought it was said you have 8 power phases, and I didn't recheck that, going to update that, my apologies.

I use two USB 2 ports, and maybe one or two USB 3 ports personally. I am a big fan of being able to control the fans separately and make sure everything is the way I like to set it so that temps aren't able to climb when benchmarking and such. To me, those are sort of a big thing.

I really like the look of this board, and I am super stoked to see the reviews. I know the x79 Dark and z87 Classified are both very sturdy boards, so I am excited to see how this one runs.
    corndogg18
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 288
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/08/30 08:43:58 (permalink)
    I think EVGA left a lot of the extra's off the board, so they could still use high level components and keep the price down. Seriously who needs 12 USB ports on rear I/O panel? When overclocking to push my rig to its max, I usually have the case side off and do not run this way for an extended period of time. So having fan control isn't a big deal to me. You could certainly buy a 3rd party controller as well. I also noticed wireless options on the rear I/O panel of the competitors boards. Again if you are a serious gamer you are not going to use that. Wired latency will always be better then wireless latency. Let's not forget the reasons that most enthusiast will buy this board(heavy gaming, benchmarking and video editing). All in which none will need everything the CPU supports. If you are fascinated with all the bells and whistles the CPU will support and expect everything on a motherboard, you might want to think again as to why you are interested in this in the first place? I guess I would rather have a choice in boards that simply have the I/O that I am personally looking for. I don't want a board that is full of everything the CPU supports. If you want everything look into a high end server and throw a few gaming cards in it.

Specs:
    EVGA X99 Classified Mobo
    Intel I7 5960x @ 4.3Ghz
    Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
    8x4GB (32GB) G.Skill Ripjaws 4  @
    2400Mhz 15-15-15-35 @ 1.20V
    2x EVGA 580 Classifieds 3GB SLI  @ 900Mhz
    Intel 750 series 1.2TB AIC SSD (Main Drive)
    Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD (Storage Drive)  
    Corsair AX1200 PSU
    Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Case 
    Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard
    EVGA TORQ X10 Mouse

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/08/30 20:50:44 (permalink)
    corndogg18
    I think EVGA left a lot of the extra's off the board, so they could still use high level components and keep the price down. Seriously who needs 12 USB ports on rear I/O panel? When overclocking to push my rig to its max, I usually have the case side off and do not run this way for an extended period of time. So having fan control isn't a big deal to me. You could certainly buy a 3rd party controller as well. I also noticed wireless options on the rear I/O panel of the competitors boards. Again if you are a serious gamer you are not going to use that. Wired latency will always be better then wireless latency. Let's not forget the reasons that most enthusiast will buy this board(heavy gaming, benchmarking and video editing). All in which none will need everything the CPU supports. If you are fascinated with all the bells and whistles the CPU will support and expect everything on a motherboard, you might want to think again as to why you are interested in this in the first place? I guess I would rather have a choice in boards that simply have the I/O that I am personally looking for. I don't want a board that is full of everything the CPU supports. If you want everything look into a high end server and throw a few gaming cards in it.

I would like to be able to control my fan levels through the board, as I have done with all of the other boards I have had.. It's why I paid for pwm fans. Without pwm controls on the EVGA motherboard, I spent an extra few dollars for not being able to properly control them through a normal 3rd party controller. I have been able to find minimal 4 pin, 3rd party fan controller with half decent reviews. If the motherboard had pwm control, it would be nice. I found that there were only 2 pwm controls on the z87 Classified(cpu_fan and cpu_opt) , notice it happened on the z97 and x99 classifieds as well... So, I have $75-100 worth of fans that I can't control through pwm because... It would be a nice feature is all. I am sure they are trying to save a few pennies by not including this as a feature, but I would be willing to pay a little extra.

As far as I/O, it is up to the user. I use a mouse and keyboard and occasionally a USB stick, so I was never complaining. Notice this is to compile what others would like as well. None of which you have to agree with or complain about.

On to wireless. Yes, latency is worse through wireless compared to wired. With Bluetooth, it is a convenience item, for most, to transfer a file when their phone is on the other side of the room. Walk into the room, Bluetooth connects, send picture from phone without getting near the computer... Convenient. I don't personally use it. I don't much care for the feature at all, but I won't knock it or complain about it either. When it comes to ether net cables vs wireless, I use a cable every time. My tablet and phone can use the wireless, as I have yet to figure a way to plug a cat 5 cable into either.

The purpose of this thread, simply put, is to try to avoid 50 single suggestion threads as some complaints are falling into other threads that have nothing to do with the complaints.
    cateno
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 979
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/08/31 02:36:53 (permalink)
    hello

if the  OC socket from asus is certified  , use this on classified V2 or dark edition with new evbot..... it's a wish

Z690 classified start build

X299 DARK  7900X 7740x soon 7980X
    X299 APEX
    X299 rampage Extreme

E762 W3520@4.2  E679 2600k
    E760 X980 
    E761 I920
    E770 I950
    and SR2's  and SRX's
    Z87 classified , MVIE built with 4770K
    Z97 classified , ftw Z97 ,  MFVII  only wait for gigabyte LN2 
    X99 series.... classified , FTW , RE5 , oc formula, profesional , X11 , soc force , msi gaming9ack

X79 classified, dark and RIVE, RIVBE,, xtreme11
    and many classified a panel from EVGA  no just one sample

and other  DFI giga etc  

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/08/31 04:21:39 (permalink)
    Evbot... I wish they would release those brand new again.
    hallowen
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5644
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/08/31 04:40:52 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    Evbot... I wish they would release those brand new again.

I still have my Two Evbot's from back when I was using them on an EVGA X58 Classified MB/GTX 680 Classifieds and recently with my 780Ti KPE's, But the Big Question in my mind is whether or not Future EVGA MB's and the upcoming "880"? Graphics Cards will incorporate the Evbot Port on the PCB again.

Just one of the Many Reasons I Kept the KPE's for My X99 Build so as to still use the Evbot for controlling the voltages.

ASUS: Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 2X RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin SLI | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Memory - SAGER: NP9870-G | i7-6700K | GTX 980M 8GB | 64GB DDR4 | 950 PRO M.2 512GB | 17.3 QHD 120Hz Matte G-Sync | Prema bios - EVOC Premamod:  P870TM1 | i9-9900K-LM | RTX 2080N 8GB | Modded Vapor Chamber | 32GB 3000MHz Ripjaws | 960 EVO M.2 1TB | 17.3 3K QHD 120Hz Matte G-Sync | Intel 8265 -

cateno
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 979
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/08/31 05:09:25 (permalink)
    yes

asus have  oc panel to crtl and change voltage or blck , other value dim's, temp

Z690 classified start build

X299 DARK  7900X 7740x soon 7980X
    X299 APEX
    X299 rampage Extreme

E762 W3520@4.2  E679 2600k
    E760 X980 
    E761 I920
    E770 I950
    and SR2's  and SRX's
    Z87 classified , MVIE built with 4770K
    Z97 classified , ftw Z97 ,  MFVII  only wait for gigabyte LN2 
    X99 series.... classified , FTW , RE5 , oc formula, profesional , X11 , soc force , msi gaming9ack

X79 classified, dark and RIVE, RIVBE,, xtreme11
    and many classified a panel from EVGA  no just one sample

and other  DFI giga etc  

Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/08/31 05:35:47 (permalink)
    I don't care for voltage control on graphics while EVGA offer me max clock from official power limit.
    I would bought EVBot immediately, but for normal price. Not some insane as people ask almost motherboard high end to buy.

For motherboard...
    I didn't saw that, why they install only 3pin connectors...???
    4pin fan is possible to connect on that but....???
    That should be changed but for me is not primary because 4pins are near CPU
    (3x for 2 fans and pump example if someone use AIO).
    Now fans came with 7V resistors usually but should be 4pins because I'm not world.
    10-12 phases for CPU is OK + memory 2-4, but example 12-14 layer PCB + Tantalum Capacitors if Engineers say they are best at least on important place.
    Check with ASMedia when will finish USB 3.1 Controller.
    Up to 110mm M.2 NECESSARY, SATA Express Recommended, Good Optimized and backward compatible with SATA III.
    Removing pipes, two separate CLEAN SIMPLE heatsinks are enough.
    At least 6 USB 3.0 ports on back. For me is enough 4 but people looks like want more. 
    Everything work on USB 2.0. (Mouse, Keyboard, Web Cam, DVD-RW, External HDD) only USB Flash is USB 3.0 but other people want more and I think 6-8 Fast USB Ports are enough.
    LED display in horizontal normal position on visible place.
    Other features as 3x BIOS, EZ Voltage Read Points, Switches for PCIE slots, angled connectors, bottom angled 6pin PCIE,
    PCIEx1 slot at least one should stay on this way.

post edited by Vlada011 - 2014/08/31 05:40:13

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

jcw777
    • Total Posts : 67
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/08/31 21:02:52 (permalink)
    How bout the heat sinks are also water blocks like the xpower max and the formula boards. Just a thought. This way so u can choose between water or air. Also 4pin for fan is a must for this type of board. I just did a build for a friend with the z97FTW and it was covered in 4pin headers. Definitely want to see more USB headers, mainly for hooking up water pumps and other assorted goods. You can also make the chipset heatsink smaller so you can fit a full size m2 SSD in. PCI layout is good. Love the 2x nic. I agree with vlada on ditching the heat pipe. 10 phase is enough for me. Though on question. Is it 10+2 or 8+2. Got to power that ram u know ;)
    corndogg18
    iCX Member
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/01 08:37:21 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    corndogg18

I would like to be able to control my fan levels through the board, as I have done with all of the other boards I have had.. It's why I paid for pwm fans. Without pwm controls on the EVGA motherboard, I spent an extra few dollars for not being able to properly control them through a normal 3rd party controller. I have been able to find minimal 4 pin, 3rd party fan controller with half decent reviews. If the motherboard had pwm control, it would be nice. I found that there were only 2 pwm controls on the z87 Classified(cpu_fan and cpu_opt) , notice it happened on the z97 and x99 classifieds as well... So, I have $75-100 worth of fans that I can't control through pwm because... It would be a nice feature is all. I am sure they are trying to save a few pennies by not including this as a feature, but I would be willing to pay a little extra.

As far as I/O, it is up to the user. I use a mouse and keyboard and occasionally a USB stick, so I was never complaining. Notice this is to compile what others would like as well. None of which you have to agree with or complain about.

On to wireless. Yes, latency is worse through wireless compared to wired. With Bluetooth, it is a convenience item, for most, to transfer a file when their phone is on the other side of the room. Walk into the room, Bluetooth connects, send picture from phone without getting near the computer... Convenient. I don't personally use it. I don't much care for the feature at all, but I won't knock it or complain about it either. When it comes to ether net cables vs wireless, I use a cable every time. My tablet and phone can use the wireless, as I have yet to figure a way to plug a cat 5 cable into either.

The purpose of this thread, simply put, is to try to avoid 50 single suggestion threads as some complaints are falling into other threads that have nothing to do with the complaints.

Sorry, some of that might have carried over from some other forums I was reading, and I sort of lumped it all together. But yes, I do agree, one forum to point out complaints isn't a bad idea. Sometimes I wonder why people really complain about options anyways? If you don't like what the product offers, shop another brand? However, some feedback may curve future products to have more desired options desired by the "average enthusiast". I find this hard to define, as enthusiast itself is hardly a standard. Really just boils down to what people want, and how much they are willing to pay. Maybe someday they will offer 100% custom boards. You simply pick your chipset, choose I/O, and colors you want the board to have within the realms of what the chipset/CPU can support, EVGA stamps the board out for you, and your done! Wouldn't that be nice!!
    post edited by corndogg18 - 2014/09/01 08:42:14

Specs:
    EVGA X99 Classified Mobo
    Intel I7 5960x @ 4.3Ghz
    Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
    Corsair AX1200 PSU
    Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard
    EVGA TORQ X10 Mouse

jcw777
    • Total Posts : 67
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/01 09:47:56 (permalink)
    corndogg18
    Scarlet-Tech
    corndogg18

Sorry, some of that might have carried over from some other forums I was reading, and I sort of lumped it all together. But yes, I do agree, one forum to point out complaints isn't a bad idea. Sometimes I wonder why people really complain about options anyways? If you don't like what the product offers, shop another brand? However, some feedback may curve future products to have more desired options desired by the "average enthusiast". I find this hard to define, as enthusiast itself is hardly a standard. Really just boils down to what people want, and how much they are willing to pay. Maybe someday they will offer 100% custom boards. You simply pick your chipset, choose I/O, and colors you want the board to have within the realms of what the chipset/CPU can support, EVGA stamps the board out for you, and your done! Wouldn't that be nice!!

I'd be happy with a list of different heat sinks to put on. Witch u can kinda do with some third party folks. But given a chance to pick from half a dozen or so would be a step in the right direction. Now when it comes to full custom mobos, that would be a geeks paradise.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/01 15:52:35 (permalink)
    I would go full custom. NATEMAN.... He should start producing motherboards too... I bet he could, lol.

It really does boil down to preference. I prefer customer service over everything else. I can deal with not having everything I want on the board, because I WILL adjust, as long as it performs well.
    corndogg18
    iCX Member
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/02 17:03:52 (permalink)

Scarlet-Tech
    I would go full custom. NATEMAN.... He should start producing motherboards too... I bet he could, lol.

It really does boil down to preference. I prefer customer service over everything else. I can deal with not having everything I want on the board, because I WILL adjust, as long as it performs well.

I suppose thats probably what most of us on these forums have in common. We love the folks at EVGA, and fully support them as much as they support us to use there products!

Specs:
    EVGA X99 Classified Mobo
    Intel I7 5960x @ 4.3Ghz
    Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
    Corsair AX1200 PSU
    Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard
    EVGA TORQ X10 Mouse

seta8967
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1813
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/02 17:26:54 (permalink)
    corndogg18

Scarlet-Tech

I suppose thats probably what most of us on these forums have in common. We love the folks at EVGA, and fully support them as much as they support us to use there products!

*cough* >.> don't tell nateman i said so. I may have sent my classy for him to measure... for items...  <.<
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/02 17:28:41 (permalink)
    seta8967

*cough* >.> don't tell nateman i said so. I may have sent my classy for him to measure... for items...  <.<

I'll buy into your game, when he needs people to fund the cuts and purchase the outcomes :-D I think I may take the leap, since I am hearing more good than bad so far.
    corndogg18
    iCX Member
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/02 17:38:06 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    seta8967

I'll buy into your game, when he needs people to fund the cuts and purchase the outcomes :-D I think I may take the leap, since I am hearing more good than bad so far.

Yeah, so far I have not really heard anything bad. Like I mentioned in another thread, sort of kicking myself I didn't get the 5960x. I really didn't expect such huge overclocks from this series... I guess solder instead of paste really made the difference, well that and maybe just a better designed chip over all.
    post edited by corndogg18 - 2014/09/02 19:22:55

Specs:
    EVGA X99 Classified Mobo
    Intel I7 5960x @ 4.3Ghz
    Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
    Corsair AX1200 PSU
    Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard
    EVGA TORQ X10 Mouse

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/02 17:41:45 (permalink)
    I will be biting a yummy 60x bullet when I can sell off some excess items, and excess boards.... Just need to price them to sell as people are going to be looking to buy.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/05 15:12:01 (permalink)
    Updating the original thread to include single sided RAM latches, as discussed here: http://forums.evga.com/m/tm.aspx?m=2211282&p=2

Originally posted by vsg28:
    vsg28
    A much more relevant video from Jay: 

corndogg18
    iCX Member
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/07 13:21:06 (permalink)
    Ended up getting the 5960x and sent my 5930k back. I just couldn't pass it up, based on how well these chips are OC'ing... Besides, its not like the price is ever going to come down to make the upgrade cheaper later. Based on the way Intel markets these chips, you get the most out of just buying it up front.

Specs:
    EVGA X99 Classified Mobo
    Intel I7 5960x @ 4.3Ghz
    Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
    Corsair AX1200 PSU
    Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard
    EVGA TORQ X10 Mouse

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/07 13:58:05 (permalink)
    True story. That is why I am just going for the top and not going through multiple tries.
    tonschk
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 179
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/10 11:20:29 (permalink)
    You have no idea how much I hate those Asus style single side latches, I only buy motherboard with double side latches,

Scarlet-Tech

* and adding single side ram latches*

post edited by tonschk - 2014/09/10 11:35:02

PC Power&Cooling 910W Silencer, I just LOVE this high quality and built to last PSU 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/10 11:35:24 (permalink)
    tonschk
    You have no idea how much I HATE those Asus style single side latches, I only buy motherboard with double side latches,

Scarlet-Tech

* and adding single side ram latches*

Ram Latches: Currently set to two sides latch, making it difficult to unlatch the bottom side when a gpu is installed in slot 1.

It's still an issue of being able to remove the Ram with full custom watercooling on the GPUs. Are you going to be able to remove them, or will you have to pull gpu 1 to unlatch it properly? I have posed this question, and have not received an answer. I know from the Titan Z picture that was shared by Jacob, that there is going to be a fun time removing ram with a card seated in slot 1. Yes, it may be clear of the backplate, but there isn't a finger small enough to get between the Ram and the backplate to unlatch the stick. Single side would alleviate this issue.

Link to picture:
    http://forums.evga.com/download.axd?file=0;2212911

I can not upload over mobile.

There may be other ways to release it, and it may even work easier on the classified, as this is obviously the micro board pictured.
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2014/09/10 11:38:25
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/10 16:15:41 (permalink)
    The hard to remove RAM is an added security feature by eVGA. 

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/10 17:37:29 (permalink)
    LOL. I know you just saw the post from Jacob on the unbox in and review, MSim, but for those that haven't seen. jacob reported that he was able to remove the DIMM with the gpu and backplate installed. He said it didn't open all the way, but it was able to come out.
    tonschk
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 179
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/14 00:36:09 (permalink)
    I think one way to sort out this problem is to put the RAM/DIMM slots parallel to the PCIe slots, I cannot digest the single latched RAM slots design, the double side latches mechanism is better

It's still an issue of being able to remove the Ram with full custom watercooling on the GPUs. Are you going to be able to remove them, or will you have to pull gpu 1 to unlatch it properly? I have posed this question, and have not received an answer. I know from the Titan Z picture that was shared by Jacob, that there is going to be a fun time removing ram with a card seated in slot 1. Yes, it may be clear of the backplate, but there isn't a finger small enough to get between the Ram and the backplate to unlatch the stick. Single side would alleviate this issue.

Link to picture:
    http://forums.evga.com/download.axd?file=0;2212911

I can not upload over mobile.

There may be other ways to release it, and it may even work easier on the classified, as this is obviously the micro board pictured.

post edited by tonschk - 2014/09/14 01:40:23

PC Power&Cooling 910W Silencer, I just LOVE this high quality and built to last PSU 
    Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/14 06:46:23 (permalink)
    corndogg18
    Ended up getting the 5960x and sent my 5930k back. I just couldn't pass it up, based on how well these chips are OC'ing... Besides, its not like the price is ever going to come down to make the upgrade cheaper later. Based on the way Intel markets these chips, you get the most out of just buying it up front.

I would like i7-5960X too, but it's too expensive for me. 
    No price will not drop. i7-4960X cost same... If someone want to build X99 should in first 3-4 months.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/14 06:52:03 (permalink)
    The 5960x is currently $888 from Fry's... I should receive mine soon, so it hurts to see it $200+ cheaper than what I paid, lol.

I do like the set up for those dimms, but I don't think it would be the easy to rework all of the traces at this point.
    Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: X99 Classified Rev 2 requests at a glance 2014/09/14 06:56:00 (permalink)
    In Serbia is 1000e. 
    If I saw for something under price I will buy immediately and later motherboard and memory.
    i7-5930K for me doesn't mean nothing. I don't need multi GPU system.
    Any of them will work on 4.0GHz and than it's same i7-5820K or i7-5930K.
    Best way for me is i7-5820K or i7-5960X.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile