disappointed with EVGA service

Author
yoyo59
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/08/28 05:47:34 (permalink)
Ok I Ordered EVGA GTX TITAN Z waterblock off your EU website

the installation guide is missing(I know you can download it off your website but that is beyond the point) also the 2 slot optional I/O Bracket is missing too

what really makes me mad is that you send this to me from Germany.. at least get it right for such a expensive card.

24 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 05:50:30 (permalink)
    Didn't even know they sold the block separate. Now, I understand the frustration of no install guide, but WHAT are you talking about with "what really makes me mad is that you send this to me from Germany.. at least get it right for such an expensive card." That last statement is completely out of left field and makes now sense at all.

Also, what 2 slot bracket? It doesn't mention one anywhere in the purchase page. (I am not looking at the hydrocopper already installed on a card, I am referring to the accessory set). If it doesn't advertise it anywhere, why would it be included?
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2014/08/28 05:54:23
    yoyo59
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 06:00:54 (permalink)
    well, I had some trouble with a retailer previously, so I ditched the retailer & thought id order from EVGA seeing as ive had decent service from them before.
    The block gets sent from Germany as im in the UK, so its not down the road... & ive waited abit for it.

well why wouldn't there be a 2 slot bracket? what reason would it be not to include one? other EK blocks did include one for the Titan Z which is the same company who makes the Hydro copper
    also it states in the online Manual about it...

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102300
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 06:06:34 (permalink)
    I have forwarded your concern to EVGA for review

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 06:08:52 (permalink)
    The reason for not including is that it isn't advertised. I understand it would make sense to include it, but I haven't received single slot brackets for cards when I received the Waterblock. It is an accessory.

They probably had the block shipped to you direct from Ek, as it would make sense. I don't think that is a reason to complain, in my own opinion. The bracket, if it were advertised, would be... As it is not, I am not sure why one would expect it to be included.
    yoyo59
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 06:14:45 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    The reason for not including is that it isn't advertised. I understand it would make sense to include it, but I haven't received single slot brackets for cards when I received the Waterblock. It is an accessory.

They probably had the block shipped to you direct from Ek, as it would make sense. I don't think that is a reason to complain, in my own opinion. The bracket, if it were advertised, would be... As it is not, I am not sure why one would expect it to be included.

1. why release a Gtx titan Z hydro copper with a 2 slot bracket
    2. sell the block on its own without the 2 slot bracket yet have it mentioned in the installation manual
    3. have EK make the waterblock yet not include a 2 slot bracket even though EK include a 2 slot bracket for all the titan z waterblocks they sell
    4. if thats the case why do they not sell the 2 slot bracket separately I can't find it for sale?
    5. also you would not have had a slot bracket with your waterblock because titan z is 3 slots long originally.

makes no sense not to include it.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 06:38:09 (permalink)
    I am talking about making a dual slot into a single slot card so the argument of 3 vs 2 (#5) is irrelevant.

Next, you had an option to purchase from Ek, which advertises what you want.... So, why not take that? You would have paid less (from what can see when purchasing from Ekwb or Frozen cpu, compared to evga) and gotten more? Why did it make any sense to you, to purchase from EVGA vs the manufacturer?

If Ek offers the 2 slot bracket and also make the install guide, they are probably going to include it in the instruction manual. If the manufacturer wants to include more in their packages, purchased from them, they are going to. It is called incentives... They are free usually.. And would have saved you 30 dollars... Makes Perfect sense not to include it.
    yoyo59
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 06:51:54 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    I am talking about making a dual slot into a single slot card so the argument of 3 vs 2 (#5) is irrelevant.

Next, you had an option to purchase from Ek, which advertises what you want.... So, why not take that? You would have paid less (from what can see when purchasing from Ekwb or Frozen cpu, compared to evga) and gotten more? Why did it make any sense to you, to purchase from EVGA vs the manufacturer?

If Ek offers the 2 slot bracket and also make the install guide, they are probably going to include it in the instruction manual. If the manufacturer wants to include more in their packages, purchased from them, they are going to. It is called incentives... They are free usually.. And would have saved you 30 dollars... Makes Perfect sense not to include it.

yes your talking about a dual slot into single slot.. well dual is the standard & it would not make much sense to include a single slot..
    the titan z is a dual GPU and is naturally 3 slot which can get in the way if your short for room, hence why the bought out a 2 slot for it

EK do not sell this particular waterblock, even though its made by them for EVGA, the block was also sent from EVGA not EK.

I think your replying just for the sake of it now, how would I have saved 30$? are you telling me EVGA sell the installation manual & bracket for 30$?

if so link me, if not I think your time is done here & ill wait for a reply from EVGA.
    since when is the installation manual or item it is meant to come with an incentive?
    SMH

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 07:02:41 (permalink)
    Never did I state the installation manual was an incentive, I stated the Dual slot bracket was. EVGA does not offer the Dual slot bracket, as you have so stated.

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/...n-z-acetal-nickel.html is the block I am referring to. No, I did not consider the evga logo on the block itself, so therefore making the point that EK includes the 2 slot bracket with their block is relevant to the fact. EVGA does not include or advertise said bracket. Is it unfortunate? Yes, especially after spending way more than necessary for a dual gpu card...

The fact the installation manual was not included was foolish of them, yes.

As far as the shipping, the only thing I can think is that maybe one ran out of stock and the other had it in. Is there a different site from Germany to UK? I thought it was all a Europe website and covered both areas. As I do not live there, I am not sure how the location setup is, so I apologize for not understanding where all of the locations they could ship from are at.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 07:15:25 (permalink)
    I hope you understand, I am not responding to try annoy you or anything. I agree the idea of the install manual not being included was a mistake that shouldn't have happened..

But, the frustration of not getting a bracket that is NOT advertised as included is not as justifiable in my eyes. It like asking why games that weren't advertised, weren't delivered.. Maybe they can start including it, but from what I see on the advertised items included, your going to end up being disappointed by the response.
    yoyo59
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 08:08:51 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    I hope you understand, I am not responding to try annoy you or anything. I agree the idea of the install manual not being included was a mistake that shouldn't have happened..

But, the frustration of not getting a bracket that is NOT advertised as included is not as justifiable in my eyes. It like asking why games that weren't advertised, weren't delivered.. Maybe they can start including it, but from what I see on the advertised items included, your going to end up being disappointed by the response.

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 08:17:00 (permalink)
    yoyo59
    Scarlet-Tech

Not to be a nit pick, but it clearly says 'if you are using the OPTIONAL 2 slot... Optional does not mean included. It means something you purchase separately.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 08:21:29 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    Not to be a nit pick, but it clearly says 'if you are using the OPTIONAL 2 slot... Optional does not mean included. It means something you purchase separately.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ can't put this enough....
    yoyo59
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 08:22:56 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    yoyo59
    Scarlet-Tech

it means something you purchase separately oh that's great of course it does?
    please show me where I can buy one from? if they sell it separately

optional as in they're giving you a option to use it or not. does not state (Sold separately)
    astacy12
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 231
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 08:27:54 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech

After reading all of this thread, I think you are beating a dead horse. Nothing is getting through. Every time I read more I hear nails on a chalkboard.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 08:31:19 (permalink)
    yoyo59

optional as in they're giving you a option to use it or not. does not state (Sold separately)

More specifically, it does not state included.

Other than the extra holes for the high flow bracket, you may notice that the below bracket looks exactly the same (port positions), and has the same holes... For 9.99, you will probably be able to use it:

http://www.evga.com/Produ...aspx?pn=M022-00-000030

Just a general question, did you even glance at that? Also, have you submitted a support ticket or just complained on the forum?
    yoyo59
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 08:38:08 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    yoyo59

More specifically, it does not state included.

Other than the extra holes for the high flow bracket, you may notice that the below bracket looks exactly the same (port positions), and has the same holes... For 9.99, you will probably be able to use it:

Just a general question, did you even glance at that? Also, have you submitted a support ticket or just complained on the forum?

have you been paying any attention or just trying to defend EVGAs fortress?

EVGA EU

also on another note it clearly states for gtx 680, why would I risk trying to fit on a card which is most likely not compatible.

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 08:38:33 (permalink)
    yoyo59
    HeavyHemi
    yoyo59
    Scarlet-Tech

No, the word is OPTIONAL. And of course because it is also not included in the product description. http://www.evga.com/Produ...spx?pn=400-CU-G799-B1. I can understand your logic in why you feel it should be included but it isn't. However....http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc-titan-z-nickel.html

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

yoyo59
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 08:51:31 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    yoyo59
    HeavyHemi
    yoyo59
    Scarlet-Tech

No, the word is OPTIONAL. And of course because it is also not included in the product description.  I can understand your logic in why you feel it should be included but it isn't. However....

im aware of Ek waterblocks for the Titan Z please stop replying with stuff we already know.

I only purchased the EVGA WB as I wanted it to match my EVGA titan Z.

if EVGA are too cheap to include a bracket for the most expensive graphics card they sell well then maybe im investing in the wrong company.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 08:55:13 (permalink)
    yoyo59

EVGA EU

also on another note it clearly states for gtx 680, why would I risk trying to fit on a card which is most likely not compatible.

I am not defending EVGA at all. I am just surprised at how much money you possess for how thick your skull is. Did the link show you a bracket? Must have, you knew what I linked.. Also imagine this... The part number will work on your website.

Take it a step further and Imagine this as well.. I buy a GTX 670 block, and put it on my gtx 760 SC ACX 4gb... It is not specifically labeled to fit.. But it does fit... So, just continue to be too thick to use common sense. This is a dual slot bracket meant to fit many pieces, and labeled for the 680. If you aren't willing to try the bracket, why did you even risk taking the stock cooler off?

http://www.coolingconfigu...complist?gpu_gpus=1124

If you don't want the public helping, please leave. You are more than welcome to have taken your business elsewhere, and complaining about stuff that you didn't pay attention to ahead of time. That is your own fault.
    yoyo59
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 09:00:03 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    yoyo59

EVGA EU

I am not defending EVGA at all. I am just surprised at how much money you possess for how thick your skull is. Did the link show you a bracket? Must have, you knew what I linked.. Also imagine this... The part number will work on your website.

Take it a step further and Imagine this as well.. I buy a GTX 670 block, and put it on my gtx 760 SC ACX 4gb... It is not specifically labeled to fit.. But it does fit... So, just continue to be too thick to use common sense. This is a dual slot bracket meant to fit many pieces, and labeled for the 680. If you aren't willing to try the bracket, why did you even risk taking the stock cooler off?

If you don't want the public helping, please leave. You are more than welcome to have taken your business elsewhere, and complaining about stuff that you didn't pay attention to ahead of time. That is your own fault.

if it says compatible with gtx titan z then ok but it doesn't so please return back to your nit picking.
     clearly states gtx 680 for a reason.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 09:07:01 (permalink)
    yoyo59
    if it says compatible with gtx titan z then ok but it doesn't so please return back to your nit picking.
     clearly states gtx 680 for a reason.

I will gladly install it for you just to prove whether it will fit or not.

This card (Titan Z) should come with a free tattoo certificate that says "too much money, not enough brain."

Now, answer the other question: Did you contact support, or are you just whining in the forums hoping to get a free 680 high flow bracket, lol.

P. S. I have the next two weeks of vacation to talk, so I will gladly entertain ;-)
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2014/08/28 09:09:54
    iamSneaky
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 444
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 09:35:01 (permalink)
    What a complete waste of 3 forum pages lol

SS07:
    Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL|i9 10900K [SP 98][Bykski FR-CU-RA-V2 CPU Block]|ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra [Bykski Block]|Galax HoF OC Lab Edition 4600mhz|Alienware AW2721D
    EVGA Supernova P2 1600

Elite ID: BJBC3RMQSBKAR2ALRHN

NordicJedi
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 12570
    • Ribbons : 77
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 12:51:04 (permalink)
    Alright guys, let's cool it down.  No need to start throwing around personal attacks.  The OP is upset, and whether you agree with him or not, whether you think he's being reasonable or unreasonable, it doesn't mean that you should show any less respect than you'd show other members.

Let's move on.

6012mhz on L/N2 
    5321mhz on L/N2
    5091mhz on air
    The Lightsaber
    The Emperor Reborn
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1289
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: disappointed with EVGA service 2014/08/28 12:52:33 (permalink)
    yoyo59 I'm unbiased here so I have no reason to take sides, also I'm not trying to make you feel  but..... you really have to try to understand this, it's not that difficult if you really listen and try to hear it,  I think your theory on what should have happen as far is your understandings is its taking over your rationality.
    Yes you've spend a lot of$ and you have expectations, unfortunately it is what its is and sometimes you have to go an extra step to get what you think should be included, but unfortunately was not.
    post edited by AWK16 - 2014/08/28 13:00:20
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile