can't download precision x 15

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21169
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/08/27 07:23:13 (permalink)
sdmf74
I just asked a simple question how long till the new version is ready, if its gonna be soon I'll wait, I just reformatted and still have to dload some games anyway. I overvolt but I dont use AB

Nobody knows. Not even EVGA. Coding isn't like throwing a turkey in the oven. There is no timer to tell you when it is done. Look at the games developers who try to stick to a deadline and release a half-finished broken game as a result. It will be ready when it is ready. There is no other answer.
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 241
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/08/27 07:34:13 (permalink)
post edited by sdmf74 - 2014/08/27 21:54:30

Asus Maximus XIII Hero, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA w/ EK QUANTUM VECTOR Nickel WB, EVGA superNOVA 1300 G2, Intel I9-11900K, EK Velocity, Aquacomputer D5 PWM Pump, G Skill TridentZ RGB 3600 32gb, Samsung 980 Pro 1tb, 970 Evo Plus 1tb, 960 Pro 512gb, 850 Pro 512gb, 860 Evo 1tb 850 Evo 1tb, Wooting One, Razer Viper, Sennheiser G4me Zero, Asus PG279Q, EK D-RGB LED Strips

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/08/27 13:01:08 (permalink)
Have you ever coded anything more complex than "hello world"? A one megabyte file contains over 1 million characters. All of those characters need to be correct, otherwise you will be back here complaining about bugs.
post edited by rjohnson11 - 2014/09/01 00:05:53
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10322
  • Ribbons : 116
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/08/27 15:29:46 (permalink)
sdmf74
Kinda funny I was posting in the other thread when you remarked. Yeah I get its not a turkey but its not a 40 gb game either, big difference and there is nothing wrong with responding with an "estimated deadline" to appease their loyal customers, especially when its been asked like 50 times and not to mention some of us have spent $1000+ on a single card. (Deleted for quoting bad language)

This is totally uncalled for...
post edited by XrayMan - 2014/08/27 19:27:50

sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/08/27 15:35:38 (permalink)

post edited by sdmf74 - 2014/08/27 21:47:48

Asus Maximus XIII Hero, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA w/ EK QUANTUM VECTOR Nickel WB, EVGA superNOVA 1300 G2, Intel I9-11900K, EK Velocity, Aquacomputer D5 PWM Pump, G Skill TridentZ RGB 3600 32gb, Samsung 980 Pro 1tb, 970 Evo Plus 1tb, 960 Pro 512gb, 850 Pro 512gb, 860 Evo 1tb 850 Evo 1tb, Wooting One, Razer Viper, Sennheiser G4me Zero, Asus PG279Q, EK D-RGB LED Strips

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/08/27 16:00:29 (permalink)
Post #28. (mod feel free to look too)

This whole thread is full of fail. I guess it is pointless for me to point it out. People are just getting offended that they are asking a question which was already answered (no download link) and then get offended that there is no ETA (because an independent group of contractors are doing the work and will call it finished when they are satisfied with the results).

Have a good day!
w4ss4b3
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4560
  • Ribbons : 21
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/08/27 16:11:58 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Post #28. (mod feel free to look too)

This whole thread is full of fail. I guess it is pointless for me to point it out. People are just getting offended that they are asking a question which was already answered (no download link) and then get offended that there is no ETA (because an independent group of contractors are doing the work and will call it finished when they are satisfied with the results).

Have a good day!

Just ignore their (Deleted for foul language-Abbreviated). I am kinda surprised that someone is bashing on you. I just read through all your posts and not one time did I see you troll at all.  You were extremely helpful imo. Don't stress the haters! ;) 
post edited by XrayMan - 2014/08/27 19:29:14

sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/08/27 18:01:51 (permalink)
post edited by sdmf74 - 2014/08/27 21:54:49

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/08/27 18:51:11 (permalink)

Temp locking for review.

EDIT: Some posts were either deleted, or edited for Foul Language and/or Personal Attacks. If this continues there will be a review for possible warnings to be handed out. Let's get back on topic.  Unlocking
post edited by XrayMan - 2014/08/27 19:31:55

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15886
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/08/30 19:43:07 (permalink)
Really hope I can get my grubbies on the latest one....=/ this blows....

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102225
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/01 00:06:38 (permalink)
There have been several EVGA TOS violations in this thread and the mods have done two cleanups on it. If another violation occurs then this thread will be locked down. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

g43tt0d3xt3r
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/03 17:04:46 (permalink)
Hello everyone... I just joined today! Just to say how bad the admins are handling this from an outside perspective... I run my own server and yes you all are trying to explain  but in a childish way. Yes people are crying over the same issue... over and over and over, but guess what? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS BEING DONE ABOUT IT! Except telling them to read and basically stop crying... Well I don't agree... PUT IN BOLD LETTERS "DOWNLOADS ARE UNAVAILABLE" and a link to a "TRUSTED" source on the download page!!!!! Don't make people go and search things out for them selves again and again then get mad...people (Like me) spend $1000's on GPU components and many times software gets lost or damaged so I go to the people I purchased my hardware from. Yes I can go to other sites and find an older version... But as an admin it's YOUR JOB to provide a solution especially if the "dev's" aren't responding directly to the complaints of their consumers, not bash them for ALL being confused at the same lackluster notice provided on the download page leaving the actual notice no more than a footnote... So to ALL the sad face consumers on this forum I apologize for the admins... Unfortunately like most sites that are "badmined" sometimes people lose touch with why they are doing so in the first place.

Your tired of hearing complaints? THEN FIX THE ISSUE!!! Moderator talk to whoever is in charge of editing the download page and post to include a link to an outside source since you guys are too lazy to do so... simple fix problem solved! 

It's really sad that things have gotten this bad. The only thing left is to delete this thread because it make's EVGA look really bad and you guys getting mad because everyone is coming here for help over the same issue makes it even worse. Obviously there is a problem on your end that needs to be fixed to clarify this issue NOT in the forums but on the download page itself.

After reading about this entire issue then the thread and how the admins decide to handle things by telling us to go elsewhere for help I've decided to pull my business from EVGA. Yale school of Architecture was also deciding on going directly to Dell and Nvidia with the precision series desktops rather than deal with EVGA for cost reasons but since we had business for so long decided to stay... today though has helped VERY MUCH in our decision making process as to continue building customs or buy direct from Dell for the materials lab... for network security and maintenance reasons you have just lost their business as well. 

I truly hope in the future you guys iron out whatever you it is you have going on here... but it don't look good.
First and last post.... Tim.T
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/03 18:58:38 (permalink)
g43tt0d3xt3r
But as an admin it's YOUR JOB to provide a solution especially if the "dev's" aren't responding directly to the complaints of their consumers, not bash them for ALL being confused at the same lackluster notice provided on the download page leaving the actual notice no more than a footnote... 

I agree that EVGA could make it more obvious that no download link is available.  I was pretty harsh on people due to my own personal issues.  But that aside, if it is not possible to download something no matter how many times you click the link, it seems to make sense that you should read the long message which pops up every time you click the link.  People are especially used to scrolling to the bottom of long text (due to terms of service skipping habits), so it really does make some sense that EVGA decided to state towards the bottom of that long text that the download is not available.  But, maybe they could put "no download is currently available" again at the bottom in large text just to be sure people see it.

Regardless, it should be noted that EVGA Precision is free software.  EVGA was not required to give you said software and it really is sort of backwards for you to be so angry about something that was a free bonus in the first place.  Additionally, every EVGA graphics card comes with a driver CD which includes EVGA Precision on it.  That was EVGA's mode of distribution in the first place and you have not lost that mode of distribution.  The website distribution was for updates only since it was assumed that EVGA customers already had the software arrive with their graphics card.  So really, you lost access to an update; which really is no big deal.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/03 19:28:20 (permalink)
g43tt0d3xt3r
Hello everyone...

(they can read the rest of your post above, no need to restart so much.)

I apologize for your frustration. Unfortunately, EVGA is trying to correct the issue. Providing another link to a "TRUSTED" website is still giving the OK to use the improperly attained coding. They are attempting to replace that coding from scratch, which isn't going to happen quick.

I didn't even need to read the rest, past your CAPITALIZED parts, because it was unnecessary. First, the admins are not in charge of handling coding of software. They are limited on what they are allowed to say, by company policy, so CAPITALIZING does nothing other than make the words you post bigger. It does not change company policy.

I am sure there are plenty of Techs on the back end wanting to spill out their frustrations with people yelling at them over something they can not control.

Quick fix, EVGA link 5.0.2 and removes the OSD software and coding completely. I never use it, so it wouldn't have an effect on me. That would be the simplest of everything possible until the OSD software is completely re-written from scratch.

Correct fix, do exactly what they are and rework the software, that is free I might add, and then release it in the proper format.

All users need to stop complaining about free stuff not being given to them. Yes, it would be nice to have, but complaining about it does nothing. Use Afterburner. It is free and the only thing you lose is K Boost. If you are willing to leave a company because something free isn't what you want then you came to the company for the wrong reason.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/03 19:32:14 (permalink)
ty_ger07

*Read ty_ger07's post above*

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I can't stress what you said enough. I honestly think the people complaining are just trolling for attention at this point. I give you a digital *HIGH FIVE* for agreeably awesome common sense.
g43tt0d3xt3r
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/03 21:09:39 (permalink)
Firstly... if you provide it along with the hardware I buy then it's package along with... if its free or cost either way your company provides it just because its free does'nt mean anything, thats like saying "hey I gave you a free burger so what its made from rat"... how bad doe's that make you look?
Secondly I know the admins don't code the software they "ADMIN" this site, this is why I said "Dev's" as in developers aka coders whatever you'd like to call it.
Thirdly if your company is a part of fraud or copyright infringement there is no reason I'd like to do business with you either way... Like a first said I only joined the forum to tell you how poorly your handling the situation as far as not putting something on the download page other than the popup with all the vital information needed being only a tiny part in a long drawn out excuse as to why/how your trying to avoid a lawsuit instead of something obvious.
Get it? And yes your right, it wasn't until the 30th try is when I decided to read what at first seemed like nothing to do with what I was on the page for in the first place for the first 3/4th's of the drawn out statement. I can care less about the technical aspects of what I can do to "quick fix" and I'm not complaining for a new update... I just wanted what was originally packaged with my hardware but since its basically fraudulent or stolen (or whatever the deal is from what i'm being told) what's the point of me dealing with you guys again?
So yea you'r right I will go else where for the software I need and if I should have to do that then I might as well buy my hardware there as well like I said before.

Fix your issues get your act together I can care less how you do it... from a corporate standpoint I can't risk the dealings with a company that would allow themselves this much drama. Yale directly comes to this site when software needs updating or downloads. Furthermore trusting third party distributors of software is not ideal when it comes to networks of 200+ computers no matter the security. So yes it's a big deal when you've lost said software like I have stated before. Stay on point and stop trying to make points from things i'm not even talking about (so maybe you should stop being so nonchalant and read pass the CAP TEXT BEFORE RESPONDING)... I don't care about the software I care about how you handle your consumers providing them with software originally package with hardware sent out if its the update I was worried about I would have said so... link a legacy version then... oh but you can't copyright issues. So like I said I'm off.... no I'm not mad, the money I've made is 1000 fold what i've spent here, I just wont spend another dime.

"Sometimes your bedside manner is more important than the treatment"
Tim.T
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/03 23:26:01 (permalink)
^ Beat me to it, I'm tired of people saying this software is free. Was it not part of the package when I bought my video card "that I paid for" My video card wasnt free. Does any other manufacturer sell their software to overclock/maintain their video card? Or is the price of the hardware inflated to cover the cost of the software. I'm sure whoever developed the software got some form of payment which I'm sure came from the revenue of EVGA products. so stop saying the software is free. Its obviously about a whole lot more than just the software. I guess EVGA is just hoping the majority of their customers wont even notice.

This is out of character for EVGA and I dont know whats goin on behind the scenes but I hope they are not losing the one good quality that sets them apart from the rest - customer service

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/03 23:47:29 (permalink)
EVGA Precision was taken down due to complaints from the forum community. The ability to download the software will be resumed when EVGA is ready with the software changes. Please be patient until then. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/04 00:14:13 (permalink)
EVGA did not commit any fraud or copyright infringement. If you want to argue about that statetment, prove it! No one has been able to prove that any fraud or copyright infringement took place. So, lacking evidence, quit making such claims as if it were fact. They simply removed the download due to numerous complaints that it looked too similar to the old version and due to bug reports.

You received EVGA Precision on the CD which came with your card. If you consider that part of the package, put the CD in your drive and install Precision. Not a very difficult solution.

Until an update is available, all you can do is use the version you already have until a newer version is available. You got your package deal. You have your package deal. It was never taken from you. Receiving free bundled software does not guarantee that it will ever be updated or that it will be updated within a certain time frame. Get over it. You have no ground to stand on when making such bold statements and complaints.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2014/09/04 00:22:38
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/04 04:58:21 (permalink)
You seem to be quoting alot of my comment, did I EVER say they committed any type of fraud or copyright infringement? I only commented about customer service. You need to check yourself!!!

When I said " maybe EVGA is just hoping the majority of their customers wont even notice" I was referring to the customers that have a working version installed or new customers that have it on disc not customers that have just reinstalled windows and need to download it again but cant.
post edited by sdmf74 - 2014/09/04 05:06:39

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/04 05:08:28 (permalink)
As a matter of fact, as well and since we are on the subject, Precision 5.0.0 was NOT packaged with your hardware, it was a download. So, pull the software, precision 4.2 or lower, out of the box and load it, and it will work until the most up to date product is put back out with the changes requested from the community.

The complaints are invalid.

Before I say anything really "not nice" , may I Inquire where you are from? You state that Yale downloads from this site. I am not sure how that has any impact on software bundled with your hardware.
ltorsini
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/04 07:07:58 (permalink)
As Ty_ger7 said a few posts back, this thread is full of fail and seems to be attracting more.  Back to the point of my original rant, which may have unfortunately spawned this lengthy mess, to reiterate.  Free software... paid software, it doesn't really matter - receiving a notice over and over again that there is a software update when there is no available software update is flat irritating.  Having to read through that lengthy diatribe about fraud and intrigue to get to a tiny sentence near the end of the overload stuff you just don't care about that actually (finally) tells you the software you were just alerted to update by EVGA is not actually available - that's bad business. (Please don't tell me to shut off the software updates Ty_ger... its really not the point)

As a guy who currently has 6 of your graphics cards parked in/on his machines and has built many more with your hardware, I'm loosing faith.  Please deal with the genius who thought it was a great idea to air your dirty laundry on your update page and... be smarter... please just be be smarter next time. 

Oh, and sdmf74, re "I'm tired of people saying this software is free. Was it not part of the package when I bought my video card "that I paid for" My video card wasnt free"  If I could virtually high 5 you, I would.  The software is not free, it is a part of the overall graphics package that EVGA uses to sell their products and actually swayed my choice of EVGA tech.  Using that logic and given that bug fixes are certainly a well understood requirement of distributing software, the updates are not free either, they are built into the cost of the package.  If EVGA stopped supplying Precision X I would certainly reevaluate my choice to purchase their products.
post edited by ltorsini - 2014/09/04 07:41:12

It's all about heat...
g43tt0d3xt3r
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/04 08:41:36 (permalink)
Yale University, New Haven, Ct USA
Scarlet-Tech
g43tt0d3xt3r
Hello everyone...

I apologize for your frustration. Unfortunately, EVGA is trying to correct the issue. Providing another link to a "TRUSTED" website is still giving the OK to use the improperly attained coding. They are attempting to replace that coding from scratch, which isn't going to happen quick.

So yea fraud... I can read and understand clearly what I am told, if it was meant to mean something else then clarify that... but don't say i'm making bold statements like I'm lying to troll no... I'm grown and have my own business I don't sit on forums 24/7 with no pay because I have no life... get real dude at this point your looking more and more desperate even on other threads your saying the same statements and giving the same crappy advice... "go elsewhere" seem like your getting angry at the fact that I'm right rather than taking your own advice and reading before responding... dude get a life and pass this information along to someone who can actually do something about it rather than troll customers with your lack of restraint.
g43tt0d3xt3r
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/04 08:48:29 (permalink)
Seems like this guy doesn't understand the term of "lost software CD"

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/04 08:50:43 (permalink)
g43tt0d3xt3r
Yale University, New Haven, Ct USA
Scarlet-Tech
g43tt0d3xt3r
Hello everyone...

So yea fraud... I can read and understand clearly what I am told, if it was meant to mean something else then clarify that... but don't say i'm making bold statements like I'm lying to troll no... I'm grown and have my own business I don't sit on forums 24/7 with no pay because I have no life... get real dude at this point your looking more and more desperate even on other threads your saying the same statements and giving the same crappy advice... "go elsewhere" seem like your getting angry at the fact that I'm right rather than taking your own advice and reading before responding... dude get a life and pass this information along to someone who can actually do something about it rather than troll customers with your lack of restraint.

I think Scarlet-Tech is confused or has misspoken.

Not fraud.  All code EVGA used was either original code created by their team or code provided to the public as public domain.  Look at the sources if you wish.  The person ("Unwinder") who used to produce Precision for EVGA, lost interest.  He didn't care about Precision at all and disappeared for months.  When EVGA was forced to release their own version of the software in order to keep Precision from dying completely, all the sudden Unwinder pretended like he cared about Precision and made a bunch of false claims.  He really showed his true colors.

Read this please:

We understand that there is a lot of confusion and misinformation in the internet community about Guru3D’s article titled “Did EVGA just Steal the Rivatuner RTSS design concept into PrecisionX 15 ?”. We would like to clarify the following:

1. Precision’s original main GUI concept was designed and provided to the community by EVGA in 2008.
2. The RivaTuner control panel and backend code in prior versions of Precision were developed and is owned by the RivaTuner developer. EVGA does not own the source code for any RivaTuner code. EVGA paid for the development and distribution rights per the contract.
3. The new EVGA PrecisionX 15 was coded from scratch by EVGA without copying any of the RivaTuner code.
4. Both RivaTuner and EVGA PrecisionX 15 make use of the NVIDIA NVAPI to communicate with NVIDIA graphics cards and drivers, which is owned and provided by NVIDIA.

Some people mentioned that the file structure in EVGA PrecisionX 15 is similar to the previous version of Precision. During development, we referenced the USF skin format (which has been published by RivaTuner developer at Guru3D forums in 2009 http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3316361&postcount=8 to allow the community to create their own skins). The above mentioned feature would make it simple to allow users to recompile any previous skins to work with the new version of PrecisionX 15. However, we do understand the confusion caused by trying to maintain this feature and we will change it in the next release.

Next, it was also mentioned that the code contains text references (not code) to the word “RivaTuner” and the word “RTTSH.dll”, a RivaTuner file. This actually came from the user interface localization / help (wording). During the original Precision development, EVGA worked with several outside firms to help translate user interface help files into various languages, unfortunately this is a misprint in the translation files and will be fixed. Again, no RivaTuner code was ever used in EVGA PrecisionX 15. We apologize to the RivaTuner developer for this error.

Originally our goal was to add more features such as 64bit OSD, Steam, updated voltage controls, and more to a new version without changing the Precision user’s experience that they were already familiar with. Unfortunately, the “similarities” between the two programs have led people to believe that EVGA might have copied the code and design from RivaTuner, which is not the case. Given the circumstances, in order to remove any questions and to further differentiate it visually from the previous versions of EVGA Precision, EVGA has decided to listen to the community and suspend the downloading of EVGA PrecisionX 15 temporarily while these updates are being implemented.

Please remember, Precision was and is built for the community and without the community EVGA Precision and many other overclocking utilities would not be where they are today. It is EVGA’s commitment to continue investing in the development of PrecisionX by adding the features the community asks for while providing it free of charge!

Thank You,
EVGA

Then also please look at this: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvapi

I think those two links will help you understand if you take the time to look.  If you have any other specific questions, please ask.  But, instead, if you just want to say "fraud" and "copyright infringement" over and over again without being specific or taking any time to understand the situation, you will be ignored before too long.

The tragic thing for you is that EVGA's users were the ones who requested that EVGA pull the the software from their site until it was changed.  So, as requested, EVGA complied.  You just happen to be one of the minority who didn't want the software download link removed.  Take that into consideration when attempting to speak as if you are the upset majority.

This is what you need to do:  pretend that EVGA Precision X 15 doesn't exist and never existed.  Now, install Precision from your driver CD which came with your video card.  Done.  Then, quit complaining about something you don't have, doesn't exist, and you aren't entitled to have.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2014/09/04 09:07:54
g43tt0d3xt3r
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/04 09:32:17 (permalink)
ty_ger07
This is what you need to do:  pretend that EVGA Precision X 15 doesn't exist and never existed.  Now, install Precision from your driver CD which came with your video card.  Done.  Then, quit complaining about something you don't have, doesn't exist, and you aren't entitled to have.

Again for the 4th time my install cd is gone... what don't you understand about that? Furthermore with your contradictory explaination, this means the prior versions should still be allowed for download from this site... if in fact it isn't fraud...
If EVERYTHING was coded by EVGA this issue wouldn't be in existance but it is and clearly on the download page in that long statement they are trying to explain the difference between software made by them and someone else... How can you even bother to look past that fact. What type of idiot do you take me for? How old are you 12? 
What entitles me to have it is the fact that the "free" software is advertised on the box for the product I bought and a main factor in why I purchased it in the first place, they shouldn't advertise the fact that its included on the box... or it would be in the list of "Demo" software that was not advertised on the box  and on a separate CD you idiot... so lets get the facts straight:

1. I buy hardware because of the advertisement on the box
2. Re-install os lost CD
3. Come to EVGA web page and get told to go elsewhere because I'm not entitled to have it in the first place because the software is free...
False advertising, fraud, and poor customer service. Good job guys.

g43tt0d3xt3r
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/04 09:34:34 (permalink)
Every time you reply like that I'm just gonna make you look worse... dude need some rope?
(edit) thanks for that correction... now I understand it's not fraud thanks.

post edited by g43tt0d3xt3r - 2014/09/04 09:42:25
g43tt0d3xt3r
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/04 09:53:00 (permalink)
Things are looking alot better and not so grim on the legal side of things after reading that thanks alot... really scared me away from business with you guys... I'm just going to stay away until everything is ironed out here, I truly love the hardware (9500GT testing card thats been running OC 750mhz GPU 650mem and 80 celsius and stock cooler for 3 years straight I can't kill it though the stock fan is about dead) bundled software should be treated as the hardware and be serviced with the same care as our hardware is... not telling us to jump off a bridge.

ty_ger07 sorry if I came off harsh but I have my reasons ^^^
"Once a mosquito lands on your testicle you'll learn not every problem is solved with violence"
Tim.T
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/04 09:55:42 (permalink)
g43tt0d3xt3r
ty_ger07

Again for the 4th time my install cd is gone... what don't you understand about that? Furthermore with your contradictory explaination, this means the prior versions should still be allowed for download from this site... if in fact it isn't fraud...
If EVERYTHING was coded by EVGA this issue wouldn't be in existance but it is and clearly on the download page in that long statement they are trying to explain the difference between software made by them and someone else... How can you even bother to look past that fact. What type of idiot do you take me for? How old are you 12? 
What entitles me to have it is the fact that the "free" software is advertised on the box for the product I bought and a main factor in why I purchased it in the first place, they shouldn't advertise the fact that its included on the box... or it would be in the list of "Demo" software that was not advertised on the box  and on a separate CD you idiot... so lets get the facts straight:

1. I buy hardware because of the advertisement on the box
2. Re-install os lost CD
3. Come to EVGA web page and get told to go elsewhere because I'm not entitled to have it in the first place because the software is free...
False advertising, fraud, and poor customer service. Good job guys.

1) Version 4.x and earlier were made by Unwinder. Version 5.x and newer were made by EVGA's group. Saying the reason the older versions are also not listed is due to fraud, doesn't make sense.
2) You received the CD. You lost it. Unfortunately, that is your fault. You shouldn't complain that losing the CD has forced you to look for the software. I can comfort you by telling you that there are multiple Precision versions available for download from multiple sources.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2014/09/04 10:04:36
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: can't download precision x 15 2014/09/04 09:59:39 (permalink)
As I mentioned before the software will appear again. EVGA listened to the feedback the community gave them and they felt changes were needed.

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile