EVGA

concerns before buying

Author
Barracuda7772
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/08/19 23:46:20 (permalink)
As the title says I have a few concerns.

how common are the micro usb issues
How common /frequent is the power button failing incidents.
How reliable is this little powerhouse.

I would like to hear from early adopters please

Please let me know of any other potential issues

1 Reply Related Threads

rchrdcrg
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 105
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: concerns before buying 2014/08/21 03:54:27 (permalink)
    I had pre-ordered this tablet, so I'm one of the earliest adopters. Here's my experience.
    The USB port is loose for everyone, but I've had no problems, and I even dropped it once right on the port with a cable plugged in (to be fair, I consider myself extremely lucky). I've also had no issues with my power button. As far as "how reliable" it is, that's a pretty vague question, so I'm not sure how to answer that. It went to work with me every day for quite a while, and I use it all the time for gaming, be it hooked up to the TV or just used as a tablet. I've basically used this thing for everything it can be used for, and it's still working great.
    My only complaint is that with the release of the Shield Tablet, it seems that Nvidia is playing a little bit of the planned-obsolescence game by not bringing certain software features to the TN7 that it is clearly capable of, primarily Console Mode, which is supported on both the Shield Portable and the new Shield Tablet, yet the TN7 still doesn't have this feature (and it's one of the reasons I bought this device... so much for my false expectations). I find it infuriating when any company purposely withholds features from a previous product just to try to strong-arm you into buying their newest product.
    post edited by rchrdcrg - 2014/08/21 03:55:59
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile