Helpful ReplyMy terrible experience with evga rma

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Angy86
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/08/11 06:46:08 (permalink)
So i bought a EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked (Purchase Date: 03/04/2013) and the card was fine for about a year, because i didnt have a good system to make it run at 60fps, i had a dual core, once i upgraded to 8 cores, and i started running the card at 60 frame rates, surprise, temperatures at 90-95-100 and fans loud as jets.

So i check my box and it says "This product comes with a standard 2 years warranty"(all products in europe MUST have a 2 year warranty) and i then decide to contact evga to return their product. What i am told is "B-Stock Products do not come with any accessories and include a 1 year limited warranty."

So i paid 200€ for a broken product (i guess that's what B product stands for, BROKEN PRODUCT) wich overheats. Thanks evga. Now please show me a procedure to delete my account, i dont want to ever hear from evga again. Thanks.
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10330
  • Ribbons : 116
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/11 07:40:36 (permalink)
Are you using PrecX or MSI AB so you can run a custom fan curve??  That can make a big difference in temps.  http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5348-evga-precision-x.html

http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/msi-afterburner-beta-download,24.html

Use AB if you like to monitor 64bit games with OSD, otherwise PX is fine also.

Something like this, but you can adjust the curve to what you prefer.

Angy86
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/11 08:13:45 (permalink)
bdary
Are you using PrecX or MSI AB so you can run a custom fan curve??  That can make a big difference in temps.  

Use AB if you like to monitor 64bit games with OSD, otherwise PX is fine also.

Something like this, but you can adjust the curve to what you prefer.

As i mentioned above, the fan sounds like a jet, because i set them manually with evga precision to the maxium. And the temps are still high (85-91). Because the card is malfunctioning.
To give you an example of how broken the card is, any game menu brings me to 70-75c.
The airflow is good in the computer (taking side panel off makes no difference, if not worse, meaning there is a good airflow) Replacing the thermal paste made absolutely no difference. To play at normal temperatures (70 range) i am forced to keep graphics to low and fps capped to 30.

So now please any evga administrator give me a procedure to delete my account. I dont want to hear from evga ever again.
post edited by Angy86 - 2014/08/11 08:31:57
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
RMA Management
  • Total Posts : 1461
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/11 08:44:06 (permalink)
Hello Angy86,

I wanted to reach out to you regarding your graphics card, while I understand that you do not wish to hear from EVGA we do value your business and do attempt to make every effort to assist our customers.  As you indicate the card is idling between 70-75c in a game menu screen does point to a possibility that heatsink may not be properly working in conjunction with the card.  Assuming the fan is free flowing and their is no blockage between entry to exit on the bracket, the graphics card typically will not exhibit such a high temperature unless there is not ample coverage of TIM between the base and the GPU.  I may be wrong however when you re-applied thermal paste did you adequate apply enough and tighten the center GPU screws tightening down in a criss-cross formation to ensure even application?

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

Angy86
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/11 08:50:34 (permalink)
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
Hello Angy86,

I wanted to reach out to you regarding your graphics card, while I understand that you do not wish to hear from EVGA we do value your business and do attempt to make every effort to assist our customers.  As you indicate the card is idling between 70-75c in a game menu screen does point to a possibility that heatsink may not be properly working in conjunction with the card.  Assuming the fan is free flowing and their is no blockage between entry to exit on the bracket, the graphics card typically will not exhibit such a high temperature unless there is not ample coverage of TIM between the base and the GPU.  I may be wrong however when you re-applied thermal paste did you adequate apply enough and tighten the center GPU screws tightening down in a criss-cross formation to ensure even application?

I did it with a friend that owns a computer shop and works repairing graphics cards, and other computer components from 10 years. Yes, we did apply enough, and quality one. We did tighten the center gpu screws. And yes.

And if you think we did it wrong, before reapplying tim the temperatures were the same. So if we did the whole thing wrong, temperatures would have gone worse. Not the same.
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
RMA Management
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/11 10:27:31 (permalink)
Hello Angy86,

Thank you for your feedback.  In effort to continue to work with you, I will get in contact with our EU Regional office and see if they can assist you a bit further with this product.

Regards,

EVGATech_MarkusK
EVGA EU Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 315
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/12 00:10:29 (permalink)
Hi,

could you please contact us back through supporteu@evga.com or contact us through phone: +4989189049 11 - was trying to reach you, but I guess the wrong number is secured in your profile.

Thanks.

Markus
sahafiec
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1344
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/12 10:01:25 (permalink)
strange issue, hope it will be solved soon.

i5 6600k | z170 m8g | bequiet pure rock | gtx1070 FTW | 2x8gb 2666mhz | 250gb m.2 & 2tb | 650W P2 | Enthoo Pro M Acrylic | pb258q

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/12 10:09:42 (permalink)
If necessary please try and call EVGA EU support and contact Markus or leave him a message

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Angy86
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/12 10:31:50 (permalink)
rjohnson11
If necessary please try and call EVGA EU support and contact Markus or leave him a message

I am in contact with Markus by email. Ill keep the thread updated.
Angy86
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/15 02:02:40 (permalink)
Well ... Markus didnt help. Since the RMA team dosen't care, i think ill send my evga in the trashcan and buy myself a good ati. Please close my account now.
sahafiec
FTW Member
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/15 03:22:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Angy86 2014/08/15 07:59:43
good work Markus and nice effort form EVGA customers service.
you don't seem to care about your image lately, do you?

i5 6600k | z170 m8g | bequiet pure rock | gtx1070 FTW | 2x8gb 2666mhz | 250gb m.2 & 2tb | 650W P2 | Enthoo Pro M Acrylic | pb258q

EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
RMA Management
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/15 09:53:22 (permalink)
Angy86,

I will send you a follow-up by email just in case you miss this post to see how we can be of assistance.  Our EU office is closed at the moment.

Regards,
post edited by EVGA_RMA_JaysonC - 2014/08/15 09:58:01

Angy86
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/18 05:58:18 (permalink)
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
Angy86,

I will send you a follow-up by email just in case you miss this post to see how we can be of assistance.  Our EU office is closed at the moment.

Regards,

I sent you an email 12/08/2014 and still no answers.
Is evga trolling me or what? I have no time to loose.
You keep telling me to email people that do not answer.
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
RMA Management
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/18 09:07:10 (permalink)
Hello Angy86,

I do apologize for any confusion however I can confirm that EVGA is not trolling you in any way.  Please keep in mind that you posted to the EVGA Forums with the title "My terrible experience with evga rma" which does raise a concern with myself and my team to ensure that we have done everything possible to support you and your product.  To current date you sent an email on August 12th, 2014 to which EVGA EU did respond back to you offering suggestions on how to bring the temperatures of your product down.  Though they communicated with you via email, they did notate that the phone number on your account was incorrect as they wanted to speak to you live on the phone to assist you.

Moving to this past Friday the 15th, I reached out to you so I could take a look at this case myself and see where the terrible experience was to continue to assist.  Through review, I can confirm that the EU team has offered helpful suggestions in an effort to continue to support you and did confirm that the product that originally was sold passed all quality checks and was offered at a discounted price with a lesser warranty term of 1 year.  At the time of purchase the 1 year warranty was known and unfortunately as your product is 5 months beyond the purchased warranty we are unable to offer a replacement through RMA.

Regards,

Angy86
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/18 09:42:32 (permalink)
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
Hello Angy86,

I do apologize for any confusion however I can confirm that EVGA is not trolling you in any way.  Please keep in mind that you posted to the EVGA Forums with the title "My terrible experience with evga rma" which does raise a concern with myself and my team to ensure that we have done everything possible to support you and your product.  To current date you sent an email on August 12th, 2014 to which EVGA EU did respond back to you offering suggestions on how to bring the temperatures of your product down.  Though they communicated with you via email, they did notate that the phone number on your account was incorrect as they wanted to speak to you live on the phone to assist you.

Moving to this past Friday the 15th, I reached out to you so I could take a look at this case myself and see where the terrible experience was to continue to assist.  Through review, I can confirm that the EU team has offered helpful suggestions in an effort to continue to support you and did confirm that the product that originally was sold passed all quality checks and was offered at a discounted price with a lesser warranty term of 1 year.  At the time of purchase the 1 year warranty was known and unfortunately as your product is 5 months beyond the purchased warranty we are unable to offer a replacement through RMA.

Regards,

What i meant is that i sent emails to evga support, to you and Markus and what i get is some very trivial suggestions, but if i answer, no one answers back.
I did everything the support team told me to do, and nothing worked.
I also installed more fans in my case and that made no difference. (all at 80 cfm, 6 fans now)
I also emailed you guys my phone number and never received a call.
So that's it? that's all the support you guys can give me after selling me a malfunctioning product?
post edited by Angy86 - 2014/08/18 09:54:58
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
RMA Management
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/18 10:25:38 (permalink)
Hello Angy86,

I do apologize for any continued confusion however the product sold to you that failed 17 months after ownership is not considered a product that was sold malfunctioning (DOA).  I do apologize that you are upset with the level of service and while we are attempting to assist you with the product in offering sound suggestions on how to alleviate temperature issues as you are beyond the purchased warranty, we are unable to replace the unit.  

I can confirm that temperatures that you are indicating you are reaching with a minimal load do register as a problem with the heatsink's contact with the GPU and which have been our focal points in suggestions to fix this.  With a GTX 580, it is very hard to sustain the temperatures you are experiencing especially with the fan on maximum speed unless the heatsink is not adequately sitting correctly on the GPU with the proper TIM.  The same can happen to a CPU whose TIM or heatsink not properly applied giving a false reading.   I know this may be redundant as I mentioned this earlier, but this simply is the likely cause of what you are experiencing.    

Best Regards,

Angy86
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/18 10:47:28 (permalink)
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
Hello Angy86,

I do apologize for any continued confusion however the product sold to you that failed 17 months after ownership is not considered a product that was sold malfunctioning (DOA).  I do apologize that you are upset with the level of service and while we are attempting to assist you with the product in offering sound suggestions on how to alleviate temperature issues as you are beyond the purchased warranty, we are unable to replace the unit.  

I can confirm that temperatures that you are indicating you are reaching with a minimal load do register as a problem with the heatsink's contact with the GPU and which have been our focal points in suggestions to fix this.  With a GTX 580, it is very hard to sustain the temperatures you are experiencing especially with the fan on maximum speed unless the heatsink is not adequately sitting correctly on the GPU with the proper TIM.  The same can happen to a CPU whose TIM or heatsink not properly applied giving a false reading.   I know this may be redundant as I mentioned this earlier, but this simply is the likely cause of what you are experiencing.    

Best Regards,

I told you i did everything EVGA told me to do. The heatsink is perfectly fine. And also, if you consider a product that fails after 17 months not sold as malfunctioning, that's true, in fact, (EXAMPLE) i could sell you a graphic card that lasts one month, ill make sure to give you a 15 days warranty (even though in europe products have a minium of 2 years) and it was not sold malfunctioning, it failed after a month. Good, this way you gain MANY customers. I am not going to ever buy from EVGA again. I just bought an ATI online and throwed my EVGA in the trashcan.
post edited by Angy86 - 2014/08/18 17:34:19
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
RMA Management
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/18 11:56:35 (permalink)
Hello Angy86,

Thank you for your feedback.  I unfortunately do not see any support tickets or points of contact from you to our EU Customer Service that indicate that your product failed after one month.  Are you able to forward me any support information directly to me regarding this?

shogon
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2741
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/18 20:43:30 (permalink)
Angy86
 I just bought an ATI online and throwed my EVGA in the trashcan.

There's no such thing as ATI anymore so you know. 

Also as you noted you bought a b-stock card. Though, I guess since you figured you could get past the limitation of the 1 year warranty stated by the manufacturer (even though there is no advertisement saying it's guaranteed to work for x amount of time) due to E.U. law might as well try huh? 

I will either find a way, or make one.

٩(๏̯͡๏)۶ 
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/18 20:55:33 (permalink)
        ATI FireGL V8650 2 GB Dual-DVI PCI-Express Video Card 100-505569 by ATI
I do call my AMD R9 290X AMDs and not ATI but as you can see in the Image is stills says ATI.
But the GPU is AMD
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2014/08/18 21:01:35

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/18 22:13:49 (permalink)
Angy86, it is unfortunate to see you go, but unfortunately (from what I understand and is being misconstrued to fit ones terms) a warranty of 2 years covers a new product, not a used product. If I sold you something, I wouldn't let you keep it for two years and then claim it broke so I have to replace it, when you KNEW at the time of purchase that 1 year was the warranty period. Knowingly purchasing from B Stock, knowing that the warranty period is clearly labeled at a year, for a known used product and then trying to slander the name of the company because you prefer a free product does not help your objective. As stated, sorry to see you go.

EVGA has tried to help, and now you have rallied a small mass of people that think EVGA didn't respond, when you have proven that they did indeed respond, just not how you wanted.

You state that you threw the gpu in the garbage. Why didn't you take pictures of the process to prove your were trying to get the product to work properly, showing the change of the thermal material or anything else you had done? I have become enraged at EVGA multiple times, on behalf of other users and bad accusations, and EVGA has been trying to help them, so you may want to look at the fact you are asking for something they do not offer. If the EK law States that any used product must come with a warranty of 2 years, please provide the title and number it comes from. Just quoting without a reference isn't going to help. Provide the details of where someone would look for such a claim, and you will receive a different type of help.
FR3D1
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/18 23:46:14 (permalink)
support dont seem to be so bad on the forum.
Really hope this is sorted out because EVGA is known for their awesome service.

Angy86
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/19 17:59:51 (permalink)
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
Hello Angy86,

Thank you for your feedback.  I unfortunately do not see any support tickets or points of contact from you to our EU Customer Service that indicate that your product failed after one month.  Are you able to forward me any support information directly to me regarding this?

I am going to cancel my new graphic card order and buy a gtx 750 evga to give EVGA a second chance. I previously sent an email to  webmaster@evga.com asking for my account to be deleted, but since i want to give evga another chance, please let  know to not delete my account for now.
post edited by Angy86 - 2014/08/19 18:01:02
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
RMA Management
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/19 18:07:47 (permalink)
Hello Angy86,

Glad to hear and again we do value each and every one of our customers.
Thank you for making EVGA your choice in graphics cards and look forward to working with you if you ever have any issues.

I will notify our web team to disregard your previous request.

Best Regards,

Angy86
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/19 18:10:27 (permalink)
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
Hello Angy86,

Glad to hear and again we do value each and every one of our customers.
Thank you for making EVGA your choice in graphics cards and look forward to working with you if you ever have any issues.

I will notify our web team to disregard your previous request.

Best Regards,

What's the shipping cost for to italy if i buy from www.eu.evga.com

EVGATech_MarkusK
Hi,

could you please contact us back through supporteu@evga.com or contact us through phone: +4989189049 11 - was trying to reach you, but I guess the wrong number is secured in your profile.

Thanks.

Markus

Is there a difference in temperatures between gtx 750 and 750 ti? do they both have the very same cooler/heatsink or does one have lower temperatures? i am just talking about temperatures, not performance. Does the Ti version require a 6-pin connector? Is there a big difference in power (watts) from 750 to 750 ti? and what airflow is necessary for these two cards to run under 75celsius in a room at 25c

post edited by Angy86 - 2014/08/20 04:38:16
FR3D1
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/19 23:30:14 (permalink)
Angy86

I am going to cancel my new graphic card order and buy a gtx 750 evga to give EVGA a second chance. I previously sent an email to&nbsp webmaster@evga.com asking for my account to be deleted, but since i want to give evga another chance, please let  know to not delete my account for now.

great choice and you will never regret

sahafiec
FTW Member
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/20 04:55:35 (permalink)
hi Angy86,

I'm glad you are still here and hope you'll stay with us. I'll try to help you with information regarding a new EVGA card.

both 750 and 750ti are available with 1 or 2 fan cooler, so the temperatures are quite comparable.
both card use pretty the same cooler, the 1 fan as well as the 2 fan versions.
for both the 1 fan cooler versions have no power connector at all as their TDP is under 75W.
for both the 2 fan cooler versions have 1 6pin power connector and their TDP is around 85W.

I have no performance comparison but temperature wise you should be OK with both 750 and 750Ti.

here you have all available GTX750 models:
http://eu.evga.com/products/prodlist.asp?family=GeForce%20700%20Series%20Family

and here you have all available GTX750Ti models:

currently the 2 fan cooler models for the GTX750 doesn't seem to be available at EVGA EU.
you can see them at the global site here:
http://www.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+700+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+750

shipping to Italy should be around 14-15€ I guess, as it is that much even to Turkey.
just let me know if you need more assistance. 
post edited by sahafiec - 2014/08/20 05:02:59

Angy86
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/20 07:06:01 (permalink)
sahafiec
hi Angy86,

I'm glad you are still here and hope you'll stay with us. I'll try to help you with information regarding a new EVGA card.

both 750 and 750ti are available with 1 or 2 fan cooler, so the temperatures are quite comparable.
both card use pretty the same cooler, the 1 fan as well as the 2 fan versions.
for both the 1 fan cooler versions have no power connector at all as their TDP is under 75W.
for both the 2 fan cooler versions have 1 6pin power connector and their TDP is around 85W.

I have no performance comparison but temperature wise you should be OK with both 750 and 750Ti.

here you have all available GTX750 models:

and here you have all available GTX750Ti models:

currently the 2 fan cooler models for the GTX750 doesn't seem to be available at EVGA EU.
you can see them at the global site here:
http://www.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+700+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+750

shipping to Italy should be around 14-15€ I guess, as it is that much even to Turkey.
just let me know if you need more assistance. 

Do the GTX 750TI overclocked double fan ones  and all the others consume a lot of power? I have a small powersupply (vs550 corsair) and a amd fx 8320 (power hungry) and i don't want my powersupply to run at 100% because it will sound loud and get too hot. motherboard is ga78lmt-usb3. I also have 3 sticks of ram for a total of 8gb 1600mhz
post edited by Angy86 - 2014/08/20 07:12:27
sahafiec
FTW Member
Re: My terrible experience with evga rma 2014/08/20 07:20:57 (permalink)
no they don't consume a lot of power, to be precise they need max. of 85-90W.
with a GTX750Ti your system will consume not more than 300W I think, maybe even less.
besides your power supply can handle even a GTX770 on your system.
so no need to worry about it. 

you can calculate the power needs of your system with a GTX750Ti here:
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

my personal opinion, if I were you I would go for this one:
http://eu.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=02G-P4-3757-KR&family=GeForce%20700%20Series%20Family&uc=EUR

post edited by sahafiec - 2014/08/20 07:34:49

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile