Part Number Out question

Author
ins00
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/08/01 10:17:44 (permalink)
Good afternoon,

I started an RMA at the beginning of this week and shipped my gpu out 2 days ago. It shows as delivered with the comment that it was received by the RMA dept earlier today, at 11:38am. Before I move forward, I have to mention that the gpu simply died all of a sudden, with no prior issues to be had before it did. I even took it to the reseller and they also tested the card to make sure (even though they weren't able to provide warranty for it since this last year of warranty was with EVGA directly), since I didn't have another PC to test it on.

In my EVGA account, under "Open RMAs" I have the details for this and it says under "next step" that they're "Preparing to Ship Product" and above that under "Part Number Out" my old GPUs s/n is listed.

My question is - will you guys send me the exact same card back? because I don't think that half a day (since the gpu was received and the time the status and s/n were updated under the "Open RMAs" tab) was enough time to do a proper fault check AND repair PLUS a thorough test on the card to make sure it runs fine.

Or is that "Part Number Out" section simply referring to the fact that that's the s/n for the part that will be taken out and that a different unit will be returned to me?

I'm trying to make sure that w/e you guys send back, will be fixed and I will be able to use it going forward, for the foreseeable future, since I don't have the money right now to buy a suitable replacement. Since I'm left without a PC until the card is returned, you can understand (at least to some degree) where I'm coming from.

Any input would be appreciated!

4 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Part Number Out question 2014/08/01 10:33:36 (permalink)
    Hello ins00,

To clarify a bit further, anytime we receive a product in for warranty the message changes on your account to indicate that we are preparing to ship a replacement to you.  I can confirm at this time a replacement has not been issued as the EU RMA team is still working on this for you.  I will ask them to contact you directly with further details regarding your RMA to answer your questions fully.

Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

ins00
    Re: Part Number Out question 2014/08/01 10:52:47 (permalink)
    Hi Jayson,

Thank you for the reply! I tried calling but it was after office hours apparently and couldn't reach anyone so I thought it best to ask here on the forums.

I'll be waiting to see how things develop since the replacement will probably be sent either on Monday or Tuesday.
    post edited by ins00 - 2014/08/01 11:24:50
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    EVGA EU Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: Part Number Out question 2014/08/04 02:02:17 (permalink)
    Hi ins00,

we received the product on 08/01 - we will need maximum 3 days for the RMA process - every changing will be directly posted in your profile "member home\my products\view edit my producdts\choose your product\view details" - if the product will be shipped, you will get a UPS TrackingID to your profile as well.

If you got any questions left, please contact us back to supporteu@evga.com

Thanks.

Markus
    ins00
    Re: Part Number Out question 2014/08/04 07:21:20 (permalink)
    Hello Markus,

Yeah, I figured as much. I appreciate your time on this and will wait for the process to be completed!

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile