Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 33
Author
lehpron
Regular Guy
  • Total Posts : 16254
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 191
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/30 00:14:33 (permalink)
Nereus
Wow Lephron, that ad hominem attack was totally uncalled for - you having a bad hair day or what? That's not like you. Hope you're feeling better now. An apology might be in order...
Just because anyone takes criticism personal or offensive doesn't mean it was done deliberately as an attack; thus not ad hominem or "troll".  Many here just need to learn humility and be humble rather than expect others to apologize for their sensitivity to criticism.  I'm not in the mood to be politically correct when it is extremely apparent that plenty feel their purchases represent a Goldilocks's Zone where spending too little or too much warrants criticism from people that think they know others better-- yet have the pretentious expectation that no one criticizes their purchase decisions.  Glass house... 

If anyone wants respect for their decisions, that only starts when enthusiasts stop acting like they know better.  But many here expect a fight by those they deem as ignorant and egotistically expect to win.  They are not being constructive when "informing" others of their views regarding buying a pair of Titan Z's or Intel integrated video to game on.   To suggest someone didn't make a smart purchase isn't taken lightly, so of course you will take their criticism towards your purchases as an attack because you willfully attacked them for their choices.  How does this cycle begin?  They can do what they like with their money, but we don't have to say anything.  While you guys can use that same logic to ask why I had to say something, I doubt you would hold your need to correct others back; no one had to react/reply to my post to begin with.   I'm not sure how anyone expects everyone to respect their decisions without respecting those of others first; to suggest others have use for something we find overpriced makes no sense because it isn't about us.  For instance, no one thinks Titan Z is priced just right for those its meant for because most of us can't afford it; so because I think this ASUS monitor is overpriced, I get to disregard what everyone here praises; according to their own logic.

If anyone knew me well enough, they would know that as a scientist, my objectivity is more interested in people's reaction to things than the things themselves.  My participation in this thread has nothing to do with the monitor (mentioning no interest in specs was a hint that was lost on many too preoccupied with playing victim).  I was simply throwing their own stones right back at them to expose their hypocrisy of criticizing the point for items they wouldn't get.   For the record, I'm certain smart high-end enthusiasts know I'm not talking about them when I criticize the minority that is ironically insecure taking offense to everything, thus and I see no reason to apologize because most are not offended.
post edited by lehpron - 2014/07/30 00:39:06

For Intel processors, 0.122 x TDP = Continuous Amps at 12v [source].  

Introduction to Thermoelectric Cooling
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102225
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/30 01:55:46 (permalink)
lehpron
Nereus
Wow Lephron, that ad hominem attack was totally uncalled for - you having a bad hair day or what? That's not like you. Hope you're feeling better now. An apology might be in order...
Just because anyone takes criticism personal or offensive doesn't mean it was done deliberately as an attack; thus not ad hominem or "troll".  Many here just need to learn humility and be humble rather than expect others to apologize for their sensitivity to criticism.  I'm not in the mood to be politically correct when it is extremely apparent that plenty feel their purchases represent a Goldilocks's Zone where spending too little or too much warrants criticism from people that think they know others better-- yet have the pretentious expectation that no one criticizes their purchase decisions.  Glass house... 

If anyone wants respect for their decisions, that only starts when enthusiasts stop acting like they know better.  But many here expect a fight by those they deem as ignorant and egotistically expect to win.  They are not being constructive when "informing" others of their views regarding buying a pair of Titan Z's or Intel integrated video to game on.   To suggest someone didn't make a smart purchase isn't taken lightly, so of course you will take their criticism towards your purchases as an attack because you willfully attacked them for their choices.  How does this cycle begin?  They can do what they like with their money, but we don't have to say anything.  While you guys can use that same logic to ask why I had to say something, I doubt you would hold your need to correct others back; no one had to react/reply to my post to begin with.   I'm not sure how anyone expects everyone to respect their decisions without respecting those of others first; to suggest others have use for something we find overpriced makes no sense because it isn't about us.  For instance, no one thinks Titan Z is priced just right for those its meant for because most of us can't afford it; so because I think this ASUS monitor is overpriced, I get to disregard what everyone here praises; according to their own logic.

If anyone knew me well enough, they would know that as a scientist, my objectivity is more interested in people's reaction to things than the things themselves.  My participation in this thread has nothing to do with the monitor (mentioning no interest in specs was a hint that was lost on many too preoccupied with playing victim).  I was simply throwing their own stones right back at them to expose their hypocrisy of criticizing the point for items they wouldn't get.   For the record, I'm certain smart high-end enthusiasts know I'm not talking about them when I criticize the minority that is ironically insecure taking offense to everything, thus and I see no reason to apologize because most are not offended.

Agreed.

I have reviewed the previous comments and I did not see an EVGA TOS violation

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18915
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/30 05:25:03 (permalink)

I did not claim there was any TOS violation; my point was the delivery came across as rude, intentional or not.

While your point regarding sensitivity to criticism is valid Lephron, it does not mean civility should be tossed out the window. Generally people will react defensively in the face of a critical comment if it is perceived as offensive rather than constructive criticism - that's just human nature. You could have made your case with a modicum more tact and your point may have been received more positively. When perceived as an attack (which clearly it was based on the responses) your point gets completely lost, so you're not really doing yourself any favors. Blaming the responses that followed your comment on the inability of those individuals to take criticism is perhaps a little disingenuous coming from you (that's actually a small compliment by the way). Of course there is also the problem that the written word can omit certain nuances that would clarify your intent as opposed to the spoken word, and that may also have come into play here. 

Last but not least, "I see no reason to apologize because most are not offended." ..I would think just one person being offended would be enough to warrant an apology to that individual, assuming you did not intend to offend anyone, thus your parting comment comes off a trifle arrogant, despite the explanation proceeding it.

Regardless of the above, you have provided a lot of technical help to many here on these forums Lephron, and for that I thank you.

Onwards and upwards.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

garnetandblack
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1700
  • Ribbons : 13
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/30 16:31:31 (permalink)
Much more PC response than mine, nereus.  +1

I don't apologize either though.  

"My mother always told me someday you'll be good at somethin'. Who'd have guessed that somethin' would be zombie killin'?"
Nozler
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2043
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/30 22:54:05 (permalink)
 We've all have a bad days now and then. Lord knows,, I've had quite a few of them. It,s my own reflection that gets to me.
post edited by Nozler - 2014/07/30 22:57:23

heatware

garnetandblack
FTW Member
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/31 10:47:57 (permalink)
Sorry, RJ may not see a TOS violation...  And, indeed, there may not be when the letter of the rules are squinted at in the right light.  But the more I think about your response, the more I wish to make a reply myself.  I know I already did in a much more abbreviated form - and maybe this will prove my skin is too thin to participate in an online discussion forum - but I'm going to share my full opinion anyway.  Because I want to.

lehpron
Why is this expensive monitor being hyped?  If the only way anyone can explain the big deal is to bring up the specs I've already seen, you have already failed; they don't speak for themselves since I don't even need the specs.  How about you guys try boycotting your favorites so that companies will lower prices to fight for your dollars then I can actually afford it someday?

Also, don't justifying paying so much, some of you come off as sounding like Titan Z owners.  You could get multiple smaller high-Hz displays for less cash like three ASUS 24" 1080p 144Hz display for $280, and get more total resolution area than just one PG278Q for the same price.  So much hypocrisy in here.

The demand, by definition, is the amount of consumers who are ready and willing to pay the price a vendor sets for their goods.  Given the responses in this thread and others around the net, I'd say the demand for this monitor is healthy even at this price point.  In some cases, the willingness is there, but not the ability.

Indeed, it seems even you have the willingness to buy, just not the ability given your use of the personal pronoun "I" in your call for boycott in order to force affordability for others.  Honestly, though, the ability for someone to act on their wants and desires is not a concern for other consumers' in their buying habits - nor should it be.  Because it is overpriced for you does not mean it is for others.

That's not the basis for your claims of hypocrisy, though, is it?  Given that, I must agree with you one one point:  your claims of hypocrisy were not ad hominem because they lacked an argument to support them.  Your argument didn't come until the next post.  Without the argument, your words are just an attack.  Let's look at your better-late-than-never argument anyway though...

lehpron

You decided to make preemptive claims of hypocrisy based on the fact that some, at an unspecified point in the future, may criticize others over their purchase - or lack thereof - of this monitor.  Because they may lack respect for others' decisions...  And yet I've seen no such hypocritical behavior in this thread  - apart from yours, of course.  

Then you mentioned titan Zs as though the purchase of such cards were germane to your claims of hypocrisy in this thread about a monitor.  Granted, I've seen others criticize on that subject, or on the subject of intel/nvidia/amd in other threads - threads in which you've been actively displaying the same behavior which you say makes us hypocrites.  I've not seen any of that in this thread though - nothing worse than (paraphrasing) "the monitor you bought is nice, but it doesn't do what I want it to do, so I'm buying this one".  Again, that is, apart from your behavior.

Sir, this cycle you mentioned, at least in this thread, of criticism back and forth over a person's buying habits was started and perpetuated by *you*.  Even the responses that followed yours did not show your expected "hypocrisy" because the criticism was directed not at your decision to buy or not, but at the way in which you expressed your opinion.

And what an opinion it was.  You called people hypocrites for criticizing other's purchases (again, which had not happened yet in this thread) shortly after you criticized their intent to purchase something that you yourself are willing to buy, just not able.  I may be reaching here, but I believe that makes *you* the hypocrite.  An entitled hypocrite.  

In the end, RJ may not have seen a troll, but I'll call a spade a spade.  I'm still going to purchase this monitor because it does what I want it to do and it is my money to spend.  I've no problems with anyone else buying this monitor or not - in fact, if I am the only person on the planet with this monitor, it will be fine by me and the same if I'm only one of 7 billion other owners.  Somehow, I don't expect either to be the case.  Asus lost no sales due to your post - the only thing lost is what remaining respect I had for you.  And I still don't apologize.

"My mother always told me someday you'll be good at somethin'. Who'd have guessed that somethin' would be zombie killin'?"
Myst3ri0n
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 313
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/31 12:01:25 (permalink)
So about this monitor that I still really want

Who else can't wait for it?

When there's a NA Pre-Order available let me know

Intel i7 4930K | ASUS Rampage IV Gene | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 4x4@1866 MHz CL9 | Corsair H100i | Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB | Corsair 350D | Corsair AX860i | K|NGP|N GTX 780 Ti Classified | Windows 8.1 Pro x64
lehpron
Regular Guy
  • Total Posts : 16254
  • Ribbons : 191
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/31 13:35:14 (permalink)
garnetandblack
 Indeed, it seems even you have the willingness to buy, just not the ability given your use of the personal pronoun "I" in your call for boycott in order to force affordability for others.   Honestly, though, the ability for someone to act on their wants and desires is not a concern for other consumers' in their buying habits - nor should it be.  Because it is overpriced for you does not mean it is for others.
You're right, just because something is overpriced for one person does not mean it is for others (I remember saying that many times in other threads, why would I forget), so how come people in here react without as much consideration when tables are turned?  Look at how people react to my tongue-in-cheek interjection: They are thin-skinned taking offense and acting like I spit in their face because I criticized a purchase decision or intent.  It is fascinating because it is largely absent in threads about items beyond the budget of many.  In that case, many act as the criticizers and don't bother defending someone else' rights to purchase, let alone the point for the item.  To top it off, those that argue against majorities are name called.

Most of my quotes that you bolded, because I try to avoid seeing things as obvious, I don't you what was Ad Hominin or hypocritical to you.  Like I said above, just because you take something personal doesn't make it an attack on you, it just doesn't.  You have to ask, and if I say it wasn't, you have to believe it; you aren't in a position to disbelief since the only other evidence is the emotion you bring into this argument which I can't be responsible for.  

But because you took my statements so personally and can seem to get over yourself, you're already in that mode of convincing yourself everything I post is an attack, so anything fuels it at this point.  I'm saying this for the last time:  I wasn't being a hypocrite because I wasn't correcting or attacking anyone, I was playing Devil's Advocate trying to show how perspective changes when the tables turn, but few see it like that because they want to play victim to my insensitive commentary.  I already stated I don't need the specs, thus don't need the monitor, my posts have had nothing to so with what I can/can't afford.  I was using your logic towards something beyond your budget.
garnetandblack 
You decided to make preemptive claims of hypocrisy based on the fact that some, at an unspecified point in the future, may criticize others over their purchase - or lack thereof - of this monitor.  Because they may lack respect for others' decisions...  And yet I've seen no such hypocritical behavior in this thread  - apart from yours, of course.
Nothing in my argument was sourced or in reaction to anyone's response in this thread, nothing preemptive.  I tried to play the logic used by others on the other side of the table, I don't know if you aren't seeing it or just don't want to.  But you seem to struggle in your disgust to look for a reply that set me off, but because you can't find it in this thread, and happen to take my response personal due to your bias, I come off as an obvious troll that started the problem.  You just won't see your position on the table when turned, as if you sit in the center of a donut; and of course, the suggestion isn't taken lightly.  But that doesn't mean the perspective injection was done deliberate as an attack, that is something you and many have to get over.  I had hoped many here would be humbled rather than defensive, and am just fascinated that you guys are ironically using my own arguments to inform me of how wrong it was to criticize anyone.

I've been on both sides of the table, which is why I'm humbled, but I don't see why you guys can't also be while expecting others to honor the status quo to not argue against the majority.
post edited by lehpron - 2014/07/31 13:58:02

For Intel processors, 0.122 x TDP = Continuous Amps at 12v [source].  

Introduction to Thermoelectric Cooling
garnetandblack
FTW Member
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/31 14:23:35 (permalink)
You're still defending this as though you came in here to use other's logic against them and yet there is no evidence of the logic you're using in this thread.  Why would you try to bring it in anyway?  Help me here because I'm trying to understand.  Is it some sort of "it's the principle of the matter" situation?

If you note, though, I said you were right.  Your initial post was not an ad hominem attack.  It was just an attack.  One initiated, you claim, to get a reaction.  I'm not sure how much experience you have calling folks hypocrites - for any reason - but they don't like it.  You should have been able to guess the reaction.  They particularly don't like it when the one pointing out the alleged hypocrisy is actually the one being the hypocrite.

Apparently, as a scientist, you wanted to see how we would react to your devil's advocate role.  Unfortunately, as a scientist, you should also know of the questionable ethics of testing hypotheses on unknowing subjects.  Facebook just got a face full of it recently and you're humbled because something on a much smaller scale still turned around on you?

It is ironic that I could use your own arguments to point out your hypocrisy in this matter, but you set yourself up for that, sir.  

EDIT:  Look lephron, regardless of the reason, you came in being a jerk, you*knew* you were being a jerk (sounds like a troll to me - a well educated troll, but a troll nonetheless), and then you're confused when someone calls you on it.  You can't just claim "but my troll was for science!" and make it suddenly acceptable.  For expediency's sake, I'll boil my whole argument down to one sentence:  Save your self righteous campaign for threads where it belongs.

post edited by garnetandblack - 2014/07/31 15:48:36

Joacpro
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 208
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/31 14:29:09 (permalink)
Dont know if someone think that I'm idiot since I got this thingy today,but honestly dont care...this monitor is gorgeous.Not sure if its worth 800$,hard to judge since there is not any similar product in the market.

Colors are fine,and black too.Only fine since I dont have anything to compare.my last monitors where AW2310 and 2x asus VH242H and colors in PG278Q are sure far better than those things did have.
I have been mostly playing some games and testing if Gsync creates input-lag...so far only BF4(SP) had input-lag,and without Gsync than little...game still had input-lag.So Gsync has been huge success atleast for me(cant play with Vsync,makes me sick).
There are some other weird issues with Gsync and BF4.When I press esc to go in settings-menu,it updates that key press in every frame and turn in to infinite loop of go/exit menu.I quess its 1 of those only in battlefield moments again.

More testing tomorrow.I'm happy.

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10322
  • Ribbons : 116
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/31 15:08:32 (permalink)
Joacpro
Dont know if someone think that I'm idiot since I got this thingy today,but honestly dont care...this monitor is gorgeous.Not sure if its worth 800$,hard to judge since there is not any similar product in the market.

Colors are fine,and black too.Only fine since I dont have anything to compare.my last monitors where AW2310 and 2x asus VH242H and colors in PG278Q are sure far better than those things did have.
I have been mostly playing some games and testing if Gsync creates input-lag...so far only BF4(SP) had input-lag,and without Gsync than little...game still had input-lag.So Gsync has been huge success atleast for me(cant play with Vsync,makes me sick).
There are some other weird issues with Gsync and BF4.When I press esc to go in settings-menu,it updates that key press in every frame and turn in to infinite loop of go/exit menu.I quess its 1 of those only in battlefield moments again.

Glad to hear that other than your glitch in BF4, you like your monitor so far...  Looks like we here in the US still have at least a month to wait.

Mystikalrush
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3626
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/31 16:42:03 (permalink)
To be honest, might as well get Samsung's 4k 28" monitor. Saw it at Bestbuy for $579. Insanely good price, and ascetically pleasing to the eye. I fell in love with that screen, 4k at that size is quite amazing, no need to AA what so ever.

| Intel i9 12900K @5.2GHz | NZXT Kraken X73 | Corsair 4000D | Gigabyte AORUS PRO Z690 | EVGA SuperNova 1000 G6 |  
| RTX 3090FE @2.1GHz | 980 PRO 2TB | 980 PRO 1 TB x 2 | G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB 6000MHz | LG 34" UW 1440p 144Hz |      

Dunraven
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/31 17:50:36 (permalink)
Saw a post on the overclock.net forums where an asus rep quoted the price in North America as $649.

Not sure if it was a typo but would be great news and better swallowed at that price. Will link source when I get home.

Edit: http://www.overclock.net/...og-monitor-at-ces/4440 (source, seeming like $649 for NA is might be happening)
post edited by Dunraven - 2014/07/31 21:46:16

Intel i5-3570k
Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
EVGA GTX780 Ti Classified 
16gb Corsair Vengeance 
Samsung 840 Evo 250gb
WD 7200 1tb
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18915
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/31 18:22:42 (permalink)
Joacpro

Consider buying a Spyder4Pro if you want accuracy on the colors - for the price of the monitor, it may be worth it, depending on your needs of course. Gratz on the purchase though. Had I known it was coming, I probably would have waited instead of getting the PB278Q. Enjoy!

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

loveha
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10497
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/31 18:45:57 (permalink)
The more I wait for it, the more I have time to think on it. With the GTX880 rumors, I think I will wait this monitor out and get some cards in SLI with a couple blocks.

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM - 32GB Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 14-14-14-34
GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
PSU - Seasonic Prime TX-1000
Heatkiller IV CPU Waterblock / Heatkiller V GPU Waterblock
Heatkiller V EBC Active Backplate / Two Heatkiller Rad 360 L
Six Noctua NF-A12x25 / Heatkiller D5 Pump
awalleyeguy
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3444
  • Ribbons : 12
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/31 20:01:12 (permalink)
 This monitor seems that it is outstanding to say the least. But what this monitor really is, is the beginning of some outstanding monitors to come. Just like most high tech ( I remember my mother and father getting a red LED watch when they first came out for like $300-400. It was cool etc.) Wasn't really that much later that the same or better was free in a cereal box. ( perhaps an exaggeration) plastic band though.
Point being not long from now most likely a more feature rich monitor will be around for less. And tech goes on and on... 
Myst3ri0n
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 313
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/07/31 21:40:35 (permalink)
awalleyeguy
 This monitor seems that it is outstanding to say the least. But what this monitor really is, is the beginning of some outstanding monitors to come. Just like most high tech ( I remember my mother and father getting a red LED watch when they first came out for like $300-400. It was cool etc.) Wasn't really that much later that the same or better was free in a cereal box. ( perhaps an exaggeration) plastic band though.
Point being not long from now most likely a more feature rich monitor will be around for less. And tech goes on and on... 

This much is true, early adopters get the tech first but many more in a few months time will come and make it appear semi-obsolete

My issue is my 780 Ti is in the perfect framerate range to take advantage of G-Sync in 1440P
FPS range in BF4 from 60-144+
If I go 4K, I'm shooting myself and my wallet with possibly another 780Ti purchase (and possible rig overhaul) however with diminishing gains and all the SLi driver optimization issues that come about in games

I want this, because it's perfect for ME, NOW.

Intel i7 4930K | ASUS Rampage IV Gene | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 4x4@1866 MHz CL9 | Corsair H100i | Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB | Corsair 350D | Corsair AX860i | K|NGP|N GTX 780 Ti Classified | Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Zach_Novak
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/08/01 00:35:01 (permalink)
4k @ 60hz isn't gaming optimized lol i don't care if it's got 1ms gtg.

2k is where it's at lads :)

CoolMaster Cosmos SE Full Tower - Intel Core i5 4670K OC'd @4.0 gHz - MSI Z87 MPOWER - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Hz
Gigabyte GTX 680 2GB OC'd in SLI - Samsung 120GB/500GB SSD + Seagate 1TB 7200rpm + WD 3TB External
Antec Kuhler H2O 650 - Antec 850W Modular HCG-850M 
Asus Swift PG278Q + Dell P2714H 27" IPS 
Ducky Shine 3 Cherry Browns - Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Razer Tiamat Elite 7.1
loveha
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10497
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/08/01 01:00:43 (permalink)
Myst3ri0n
awalleyeguy

This much is true, early adopters get the tech first but many more in a few months time will come and make it appear semi-obsolete

My issue is my 780 Ti is in the perfect framerate range to take advantage of G-Sync in 1440P
If I go 4K, I'm shooting myself and my wallet with possibly another 780Ti purchase (and possible rig overhaul) however with diminishing gains and all the SLi driver optimization issues that come about in games

My GTX680 SLI struggles with FFXIV at the same res. Have an overclocked catleap. So I figure getting some GTX880 in sli would be more beneficial before I buy the monitor.

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM - 32GB Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 14-14-14-34
GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
PSU - Seasonic Prime TX-1000
Heatkiller IV CPU Waterblock / Heatkiller V GPU Waterblock
Heatkiller V EBC Active Backplate / Two Heatkiller Rad 360 L
Six Noctua NF-A12x25 / Heatkiller D5 Pump
Zach_Novak
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/08/01 01:04:30 (permalink)
i have 680's in SLI too, trying to hold out on 900 series, i think it will be a big step from the 800 series... keen to go back to single card. just the biggest fkr on the market Nvidia when its out, not talking Titan Z stupid, that card isn't very good value for money... with that type of money GTX 780 ti's in SLI sound like a much better choice. 

CoolMaster Cosmos SE Full Tower - Intel Core i5 4670K OC'd @4.0 gHz - MSI Z87 MPOWER - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Hz
Gigabyte GTX 680 2GB OC'd in SLI - Samsung 120GB/500GB SSD + Seagate 1TB 7200rpm + WD 3TB External
Antec Kuhler H2O 650 - Antec 850W Modular HCG-850M 
Asus Swift PG278Q + Dell P2714H 27" IPS 
Ducky Shine 3 Cherry Browns - Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Razer Tiamat Elite 7.1
Joacpro
Superclocked Member
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/08/01 03:01:59 (permalink)
Myst3ri0n
awalleyeguy

780 TI is quite close to perfect if you can sacrifice some details,but who knows how long.

I got:
BF4(SP) dof and motion blur off,rest at ultra(4x AA) 80-95fps mostly
Black ops 2(MP) 125fps locked
Arma 3(high settings,6km draw distance) 40-55fps...kinda at limit here
Next car game all max about 80fps
2600k @4,6
780ti @1072

Going to wait and see what 880 brings to table before going to 780ti sli.

garnetandblack
FTW Member
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/08/01 05:52:36 (permalink)
Joacpro, any chance you want to ship that thing over to the US?    I'll take good care of it.

XPAN7ER
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 308
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/08/01 06:10:18 (permalink)
3 way sli 680 here also waiting for 900 series. I max anything I can throw at it. So no need to upgrade yet. $800 seems too much for me even if I really do want it, but I'll jump on it if its really going to ship at $650 us.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102225
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/08/01 06:29:43 (permalink)
I've had some complaints in this thread from several people both for and also against some of the posts here. I'm not going to point fingers at anyone right now but ask that everyone back track somewhat and get back directly on topic. Please respect other forum members in your posts and post professionally. 

If more complaints are received then this thread will be locked down. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

dustingg
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1647
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/08/01 08:51:51 (permalink)
Joacpro

Ive been using Gsync on various game eg. BF3 BF4, bioshock, thief, warthunder, starcitizen, and Zero issues. Less input lag then with Vsync off on a regular monitor.

I think your issue might be your rig. I have none of these issues you describe. Also I had an issue with Beta driver 340.43 the latest driver has no issues with Gsync.

post edited by dustingg - 2014/08/03 08:54:06

ROG Z790-APEX : 13900KF (RTX4080)
EVGA Z370-FTW: 9900KF (RTX3080)
Associate Code: VOM7YYOWC5ADWTW
YouTube RigPics Twitter

dustingg
FTW Member
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/08/01 08:56:22 (permalink)
bdary
Joacpro

Glad to hear that other than your glitch in BF4, you like your monitor so far...  Looks like we here in the US still have at least a month to wait.

I had no issues with Gsync in BF4 or the slew of games I play. I think this maybe his config or system.

YouTube RigPics Twitter

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10322
  • Ribbons : 116
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/08/01 12:34:29 (permalink)
dustingg
bdary
Joacpro

I had no issues with Gsync in BF4 or the slew of games I play. I think this maybe his config or system.

I had a hunch that might be the case...

Joacpro
Superclocked Member
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/08/01 17:31:33 (permalink)
dustingg
bdary
Joacpro

Could be pre-rendered frames in CP.For some reason it was resetted to default again.

forrestang
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1661
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/08/02 20:51:46 (permalink)
I've been wanting a larger display for years, so I've been waiting.  I will replace one of my 24s with this one.

Chatted with a newegg rep a while back, hoping they'd have a date of at least when they'd be taking orders..... no dice.

I noticed through the review, that it doesn't have any presets to be able to adjust on the fly.  I wish they added this functionality during the delay when they said they were 'improving' it.
post edited by forrestang - 2014/08/02 20:54:46

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core(3.4Mhz)
EVGA GTX 1660 XC BLACK GAMING, 06G-P4-1161
Gigabyte B450M DS3H, AM4 Socket
Ballistix DDR4-2666 16GB Ram
ARESGAME 750W 80+ Bronze PSU
Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
Seagate bCuda 2TB HDD
Windows 10 pro
ASUS VG248QE 144Hz Monitors(27" x2)
dustingg
FTW Member
Re: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 2014/08/03 08:51:55 (permalink)
Joacpro
dustingg
bdary
Joacpro

Could be pre-rendered frames in CP.For some reason it was resetted to default again.

I spoke with a Nvidia rep and Jacob several months back and confirmed "max prerendered frames" set to 3D application controlled.  Also do not turn on tipple buffering and make sure V-sync is set to Gsync.

also make sure in whatever game your playing in it's option settings make sure v-sync is turned off.

post edited by dustingg - 2014/08/03 16:07:12

YouTube RigPics Twitter

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 33
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile