EVGA

Answeredlocking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked.....

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/28 23:22:24 (permalink)
moose517
Let's be honest though. How many of you actually sat and read the tos when you joined? I bet not many as nobody does, do you sit and read the terms on any software you buy, of course not. I completely agree that wt h is stupid to be filtering as it could mean heck. And even so if its family friendly I can guarantee that 6 yo johnny hear hell many times now in church if he's goes and if not I'm sure he still has so what's the big deal. If we are gonna filter words that are so insignificant these days why don't we do a better job at filtering scantily clad women in avatars and such as well because 6 yo johnny shouldn't see that either.

Your moose avatar is naked.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

AzN-SoLjA
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7982
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/28 23:37:29 (permalink)
I don't understand what's so difficult keeping the forums clean.

| EVGA Z68 FTW | EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC 3GB | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 | Custom EK Water Loop | Red Harbinger Cross Desk
| i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.24v | Corsair 16GB Vengeance | Corsair Neutron 256GB SSD | Corsair AX850 | Lamptron FC5V3 | ASUS VE278 27" |
| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1 & X-Fi Fatal1ty 7.1 Champ | Razer Marauder & Spectre & Tiamat 7.1 | Affiliate Code: 3MHCIBME48 | Associate Code: 08HWLPJXE0O5MPM

NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 12570
  • Ribbons : 77
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/28 23:56:48 (permalink)
Nereus
moose517
Let's be honest though. How many of you actually sat and read the tos when you joined? I bet not many as nobody does, do you sit and read the terms on any software you buy, of course not. I completely agree that wt h is stupid to be filtering as it could mean heck. And even so if its family friendly I can guarantee that 6 yo johnny hear hell many times now in church if he's goes and if not I'm sure he still has so what's the big deal. If we are gonna filter words that are so insignificant these days why don't we do a better job at filtering scantily clad women in avatars and such as well because 6 yo johnny shouldn't see that either.

It's, uh, wearing appropriate beach swimwear.  Perfectly fine under the TOS.

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 00:09:30 (permalink)
NordicJedi
Nereus
moose517

Seriously, who wears fur to the beach?

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 00:23:10 (permalink)
kaninja
Chrome-M-Dragon
Actualy I didn't "sign" anything. I blindly clicked I agree/I accept as u do with all meaningless agreements. And...as far as I know. Things have changed since then and since then there has been no new agreement. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't that mean the original is null and void? I don't have to like anything and it is my right to speak no it against it. I do so freely. Don't hate me because I have free will and use it.

By posting here you agree to follow the TOS.

NOTE: You must agree to these terms on a regular basis to use the EVGA Forums

By posting in these forums, you agree to follow any and all directions and/or instructions given by Administrators and Moderators. Content may be removed and posts can be locked without warning or explanation for material posted that is deemed inappropriate by the Administrators or Moderators. Threads may also be temporarily locked and reviewed to determine if the thread's contents are inappropriate by Administrators and Moderators; these posts will be marked with "Locked, pending review." Finally, EVGA Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to delete posts that do not violate the TOS in an effort to clean up a thread. If a member wishes to dispute the actions of a moderator, please contact another moderator or the Webmaster. The matter will be given careful consideration and will be handled promptly.

You seriously got a ribbon for that?

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3762
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 00:27:37 (permalink)
Nereus
NordicJedi
Nereus
moose517

Seriously, who wears fur to the beach?

I think there are a few furries here on the forums that can attest to that. :P.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.
-1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 00:34:56 (permalink)
moose517

Somehow that reminds me of the South Park episode on the iphone EULA.
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 03:34:41 (permalink)
Chrome-M-Dragon
Says society..a group of people who think Santa is real, and a bunny lays eggs. I'm sorry to the "kids" but Santa is a lie, and rabbits don't crap eggs. Also my pirceings are my business, my tattoos are not your concern, what I do in my free time (gaming etc) is my business and if I'm wasting my life its mi e to waste. I don't need to find Jesus, last I checked he wasn't hiding, and what a group of upity punks think has no bearing on MY beliefs.

Words are just that. To add that they are low brow gibes them power to be low brow. Being offensive, words describing words. Not only are they weightless, but they are also powerless until some simpleton gives them the power. 

To note. I have one tattoo, my ears were pierced years ago and I've not used the holes in 10+ years. To be clear as well I have always despised society. It is like a special club fullof special people with special needs. People who clearly need meaningless rules to govern the masses. One size doesn't always fit all, one rule will never make sense to all. There will always be people like me who see the common sense for what it is. Censorship....in the age of the internet...lol. Parenting isn't a difficult thing to do. I shouldn't have to watch myself, parent s should watch their kids. Meh..I'll leave this alone because obviously it irks me...

I think this might be your problem. LOL.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3677
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 03:49:22 (permalink)
Chrome-M-Dragon
Says society..a group of people who think Santa is real, and a bunny lays eggs. I'm sorry to the "kids" but Santa is a lie, and rabbits don't crap eggs. Also my pirceings are my business, my tattoos are not your concern, what I do in my free time (gaming etc) is my business and if I'm wasting my life its mi e to waste. I don't need to find Jesus, last I checked he wasn't hiding, and what a group of upity punks think has no bearing on MY beliefs.

Words are just that. To add that they are low brow gibes them power to be low brow. Being offensive, words describing words. Not only are they weightless, but they are also powerless until some simpleton gives them the power. 

To note. I have one tattoo, my ears were pierced years ago and I've not used the holes in 10+ years. To be clear as well I have always despised society. It is like a special club fullof special people with special needs. People who clearly need meaningless rules to govern the masses. One size doesn't always fit all, one rule will never make sense to all. There will always be people like me who see the common sense for what it is. Censorship....in the age of the internet...lol. Parenting isn't a difficult thing to do. I shouldn't have to watch myself, parent s should watch their kids. Meh..I'll leave this alone because obviously it irks me...

chrome your allowed free will, but society has rules of decency weather you like them or not, the majority have decided what is right and what is wrong, what we wish to be exposed to and what we don't. I rather prefer a place where I can read an intelligent thought than cussing every other word. Cursing is not a sign of high intellect and never will be.
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 04:28:23 (permalink)
candle_86
Chrome-M-Dragon

chrome your allowed free will, but society has rules of decency weather you like them or not, the majority have decided what is right and what is wrong, what we wish to be exposed to and what we don't. I rather prefer a place where I can read an intelligent thought than cussing every other word. Cursing is not a sign of high intellect and never will be.

Just because some one cusses does not mean a sign of low intellect. I cuss my face off when I am on a rant talking to my friends/family about how the scum bag elitist in Washington are destroying the little guy(you and me) and the country I so dearly love with facts and documents. But ya I see what your saying if EVERY other word here and there is beep this and beep that. Boy if you get a chance hang around a group of soldiers. You be amazed how many times they say the F-word in one sentence. But if your virgin ears cant handle it then tough luck.

Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7806
  • Ribbons : 30
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 05:27:06 (permalink)
kaninja
Chrome-M-Dragon
Actualy I didn't "sign" anything. I blindly clicked I agree/I accept as u do with all meaningless agreements. And...as far as I know. Things have changed since then and since then there has been no new agreement. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't that mean the original is null and void? I don't have to like anything and it is my right to speak no it against it. I do so freely. Don't hate me because I have free will and use it.

By posting in these forums, you agree to follow any and all directions and/or instructions given by Administrators and Moderators. Content may be removed and posts can be locked without warning or explanation for material posted that is deemed inappropriate by the Administrators or Moderators. Threads may also be temporarily locked and reviewed to determine if the thread's contents are inappropriate by Administrators and Moderators; these posts will be marked with "Locked, pending review." Finally, EVGA Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to delete posts that do not violate the TOS in an effort to clean up a thread. If a member wishes to dispute the actions of a moderator, please contact another moderator or the Webmaster. The matter will be given careful consideration and will be handled promptly.

Maybe your not getting the point... Regardless of what any TOS says I can still disagree with parts of them. No system is perfect they all have flaws and I am allowed to say what I want about it. If no one likes my opinion...well too bad. Because until I do something gthat breaks the TOS.... *walks away*

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 11:05:32 (permalink)
Think of it this way, if I invited into my house, you cursed and I asked you to stop would you?

Remember this is EVGA's house.
Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 14:15:24 (permalink)
Is your house open to the public? There is a huge difference between a persons home and a corporations forums... Either way I dont break the rules, I'm not a bad guy. I point out the flaws and what I dislike about them. I'm allowed to do that here.

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 15:06:12 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Delirious 2014/07/29 15:26:25
publicish, you are required to register before you can post, you just need an invitation. Public means anyone can post without signing up
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 15:30:43 (permalink)
Chrome-M-Dragon
Is your house open to the public? There is a huge difference between a persons home and a corporations forums... Either way I dont break the rules, I'm not a bad guy. I point out the flaws and what I dislike about them. I'm allowed to do that here.

This is open to the public with the agreement that you respect the rules (ToS).

Think of it this way then, You allow your cousin to your house but he turns out to be Chrome and steals your computer... What would happen then?

Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 15:41:46 (permalink)
Regardless of what it is, where it Is or anything. I voice my opinion, as is my right to do so. I'm not sure why this is so hard for anyone to understand... I don't t break TOS, so what is the big deal that I have to explain such simple things. If I disagree with something I speak out against it. If a cop pulls you over and writes you a ticket for speeding and you know u were not speeding your going to contest the ticket. Duh.

And I don't need an invitation either...no one invited me here... Besides I already covered that above. Also the whole society has rules...I already covered the society thing to. Things made wrong by prudes who don't like things... Society can kiss the split betwixed my cheeks.

Rules are made to be questioned. I'm pretty sure everyone here and in this world has broken, bent or questioned a rule or two.

Also..one other thing. This cussing every other word. None of that has been evident in anything said here so far. And words, period, regardless of how "bad" they are....(words this uppity group called society says are bad) are words. Weightless....powerless and harmless.

Again. I already said earlier. Words have no weight, no power and cannot cause harm to anyone. When your weak mind allows these words to become weapons....well. I guess your low intellect is allowing these words to have the weight. While my high intellect (not) does not allow these words to have power over me. You can't control me. Why would I let your words harm me too?

Honestly. Stop putting me in this like I'm a bad guy. I have NOT BROKEN TOS. Stop talking to me like I have. I am within my rights and the sites broken TOS, and everyone is upset...seriously, just because none of you have any free will, free thinking or imagination don't mean I'm going to conform to the way you are. I am me. Stop trying to change me. If you don't line me...beat feet and gtho
post edited by Chrome-M-Dragon - 2014/07/29 15:45:22

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 16:00:25 (permalink)
Chrome-M-Dragon
Honestly. Stop putting me in this like I'm a bad guy. I have NOT BROKEN TOS. Stop talking to me like I have. I am within my rights and the sites broken TOS, and everyone is upset...seriously, just because none of you have any free will, free thinking or imagination don't mean I'm going to conform to the way you are. I am me. Stop trying to change me. If you don't line me...beat feet and gtho

I don't get it. W T H is not ok, but GTHO is ok. Same word, same connotation. Go figure.

Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 16:03:13 (permalink)
No the real kicker is that hell, the word itself is OK, but three letters are not. I said that earlier

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 16:05:37 (permalink)
Chrome-M-Dragon
kaninja
Chrome-M-Dragon

Maybe your not getting the point... Regardless of what any TOS says I can still disagree with parts of them. No system is perfect they all have flaws and I am allowed to say what I want about it. If no one likes my opinion...well too bad. Because until I do something gthat breaks the TOS.... *walks away*

Chrome you are fabricating an argument here it seems.  Nobody is saying you can't disagree with things.  Nobody is saying you can't say what you want, in so long as it stays within the TOS.  I don't like all your opinions, and that is a good thing, just like a lot of people don't like mine either, and I am fine with it as well.

However, you do know that if you start posting profanity, or other stuff that breaks the TOS then you won't be surprised to find it edited or deleted, and this what this thread is about.  It's not about you, it's about the OP.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 16:08:07 (permalink)
But anytime I say my piece someone has something g to say aganast it like I'm a bad guy, I simply defend what I say and stand by it. And believe me, you will know when I swear. I am what you call....a professional

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 16:13:20 (permalink)
Chrome-M-Dragon
But anytime I say my piece someone has something g to say aganast it like I'm a bad guy, I simply defend what I say and stand by it. And believe me, you will know when I swear. I am what you call....a professional

No, you're just a bad guy. *runs away laughing*

Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 16:20:52 (permalink)
Well..yeah there is that.

But my end and last thing to say is this: People are, well, only human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in America 

It is in my Sig for a reason.
post edited by Chrome-M-Dragon - 2014/07/29 16:22:57

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 16:23:23 (permalink)

lol

Nozler
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2043
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/29 16:29:17 (permalink)
 I heard there's a naked moose running around here somewhere. Have gun will shoot naked Mooses The tenderloins always the first to go

Ya I was blocked once for writing religious poetry the TOS is the TOS live with it. This is a great place full of helpful people and a wide knowledge base.

heatware

moose517
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6259
  • Ribbons : 33
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/30 02:23:56 (permalink)
Helpful lol? This is he last place I come for help anymore as evga forums have become a joke. I go to [H] if I want help. Heck even reddit is more helpful anymore
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/30 11:23:53 (permalink)
rjohnson11
Nereus
I can understand W T and the F word... but W T Hell/Heck? what's wrong with hell/heck? Since when were they curse words?   ..perhaps a little fine tuning is in order?

EVGA controls the forum filters not the mods but if a term has asterisks then EVGA doesn't want the term used on their forum. If you feel a specific term should be allowed email the webmaster and ask: webmaster@evga.com

Emailed, thanks for the suggestion.

Tweaked
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10630
  • Ribbons : 29
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/30 11:55:13 (permalink)
You know, the funny thing is that this whole discussion is based on a non-issue.  See, I can type WTH all day long and it is not filtered.  I don't know what happened initially to the OP.  Perhaps he thought he typed WTH and by habit typed an F instead.  Regardless, WTH is not filtered.

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
James_L
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4336
  • Ribbons : 46
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/30 12:00:03 (permalink)
moose517
Helpful lol? This is he last place I come for help anymore as evga forums have become a joke. I go to [H] if I want help. Heck even reddit is more helpful anymore

I frequent reddit a bit on the networking/CentOS/Linux side of things quite a bit. Especially the Cisco certification forums for answering questions. They are a bit harsher in the manner of which some questions are answered (or not as the case may be) and their 'karma' system I really don't enjoy but in all it's a decent place to get some technical answers where options are sometimes limited here.

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/30 12:01:11 (permalink)
Tweaked
You know, the funny thing is that this whole discussion is based on a non-issue.  See, I can type WTH all day long and it is not filtered.  I don't know what happened initially to the OP.  Perhaps he thought he typed WTH and by habit typed an F instead.  Regardless, WTH is not filtered.

lol wth. That extremely funny, I wouldn't call it a discussion though, I'd call it an argument. wth is wrong with these people.

haha, I love it!

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102300
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: locking my thread because i said w t h and it gets auto astricked..... 2014/07/30 12:08:42 (permalink)
Agree with Tweaked. The OP probably typed something other than WTH and the forum filter dumped it.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile