I Need Some Help With Internet Explorer

Author
Randolla
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1873
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
2014/07/28 08:58:33 (permalink)
Ok, Here is the problem.  I use Internet Explorer 11 and I like it for the most part.  But for a while now my spell check does not work anymore.I used to be able to post a message here in the forums, and if I misspelled a word, there would be a red squiggly line under it but that doesn't happen anymore.  It is driving me crazy.  I have put up a post here and Goggled how to fix it to no avail.  I have tried all sorts of things.

So now I want to uninstall IE11 and then reinstall it to see if that fixes the problem.  But I have tried to do that and I seem to be doing something wrong because it seems that I just can't uninstall it.  Either I am just missing somwething or doing something wrong. 

I am using Windows 7

So I really need some help and if I can't do it myself by following someone's direction, I am willing to pay someone to fix it remotely.  This is driving me bonkers!! so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PS, please don't tell me to just use Chrome or something else. 
post edited by Randolla - 2014/07/28 10:05:18

Intel 5930K@ 4.3 Ghz
ASUS Rampage 5 Extreme Motherboard 
EVGA GeForce 1080Ti SC
Case Labs Merlin Full Tower case 
NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid CPU cooler
32 Gbs G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 2666
EVGA  Supernova P1200 PSU
Acer Predator X34 Monitor
Samsung 512 Gb XP941 M2 SSD

HT Omega eClaro Soundcard[

4 Replies Related Threads

david12857
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 879
    • Ribbons : 33
    Re: I Need Some Help With Internet Explorer 2014/07/28 09:08:11 (permalink)
    This should help with the uninstall. Getting Rid Of Internet Explorer 11 In Windows 7, 8 And 8.1 
    Removing IE 11 in Windows 7 is simple, but the option is a little hidden away. You’ll need to crack open the Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program. From here, you’ll need to click “View installed updates” on the sidebar. Then find “Internet Explorer 11″ in the right-hand list view, right-click on it and hit “Uninstall”.

As for Windows 8, Microsoft decided to move IE 11 to the “Windows Features” section. Getting there is a similar procedure to that outlined above, except instead of clicking “Uninstall a program” you’ll need to navigate to “Turn Windows features on or off” instead.

If you need more comprehensive instructions, along with screenshots, check out the original article on gHacks.

Edit: These might also help. I would try them all if you haven't already. 
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/264311-internet-explorer-10-ie10-spelling-correction-enable-disable.html

http://www.eightforums.co...n-off-windows-8-a.html
    post edited by david12857 - 2014/07/28 09:32:52

Main system | HTPC | Folding&Crunching@EVGA
    Randolla
    FTW Member
    Re: I Need Some Help With Internet Explorer 2014/07/28 10:07:18 (permalink)
    david12857
    This should help with the uninstall. Getting Rid Of Internet Explorer 11 In Windows 7, 8 And 8.1 
    Removing IE 11 in Windows 7 is simple, but the option is a little hidden away. You’ll need to crack open the Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program. From here, you’ll need to click “View installed updates” on the sidebar. Then find “Internet Explorer 11″ in the right-hand list view, right-click on it and hit “Uninstall”.

As for Windows 8, Microsoft decided to move IE 11 to the “Windows Features” section. Getting there is a similar procedure to that outlined above, except instead of clicking “Uninstall a program” you’ll need to navigate to “Turn Windows features on or off” instead.

If you need more comprehensive instructions, along with screenshots, check out the original article on gHacks.

Edit: These might also help. I would try them all if you haven't already. 
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/264311-internet-explorer-10-ie10-spelling-correction-enable-disable.html

http://www.eightforums.co...n-off-windows-8-a.html

Thanks for the advice.  I havn't tried to uninstall IE11 as per your instructions yet but I did check out the link for fixing spellcheck.  I have tried that many times and it does not fix it but thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

Intel 5930K@ 4.3 Ghz
    EVGA GeForce 1080Ti SC

Nozler
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2043
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: I Need Some Help With Internet Explorer 2014/07/28 11:06:26 (permalink)
    Have you tried resetting IE11 to default? With IE open go to tools\Internet options\advanced tab\ then at the bottom is reset IE to default. also there is an option to delete personal settings. You'll have to reboot your computer to complete the process. Hope this helps good luck.

heatware

Randolla
    FTW Member
    Re: I Need Some Help With Internet Explorer 2014/07/28 11:46:01 (permalink)
    Nozler
    Have you tried resetting IE11 to default? With IE open go to tools\Internet options\advanced tab\ then at the bottom is reset IE to default. also there is an option to delete personal settings. You'll have to reboot your computer to complete the process. Hope this helps good luck.

I may have.  I tried all sorts of things.  I will try it again once I get back in front of that machine and report back.  Most likely tomorrow.  Thanks for the suggestion

Intel 5930K@ 4.3 Ghz
    EVGA GeForce 1080Ti SC

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile