EVGA

World of Tanks - SLI with GTX660

Author
cmaas
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/07/25 01:31:37 (permalink)
  Has anybody had experience running World of Tanks with SLI?   I have a GTX660 and while it performs wonderfully, I'm curious how it would fair in SLI.   I've never done a SLI setup but heard that there can be issues.    On the other hand, I've heard that SLI works great with no side effects.    
  My current options seem to be either do the GTX660 SLI or just upgrade to a GTX770 and put the 660 in the home theater PC.    

----------------------------------------------------
Not listing hardware in my rig. While proud of my
build, don't feel others care what I have and seem like bragging to me when you do.

3 Replies Related Threads

ErinW
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1149
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: World of Tanks - SLI with GTX660 2014/07/25 03:16:06 (permalink)
    There seems to be some talk of SLI issues with World of Tanks. Previous versions supported SLI, but a recent update started causing horrible performance drops. You can still run it on an SLI system, but until they fix the problems you should set World of Tanks to run in Single-GPU mode.

Go into the Nvidia control panel, Manage 3D settings, click the program settings tab, navigate to the WoT executable settings, then scroll down to "SLI Performance Mode", and set it for "Single-GPU".
    _JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: World of Tanks - SLI with GTX660 2014/07/25 03:50:05 (permalink)
    SLI does have broad support by many game developers so performance can and will be impacted by the display drivers and how well the developer maintains and improves their game(s) with updates/patches. There are some reported issues with SLI which can stem primarily from a combination of software settings along with some hardware components.

cmaas
    • Total Posts : 6
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: World of Tanks - SLI with GTX660 2014/07/26 01:46:02 (permalink)
      I guess since WoT is the primary game I play, it just isn't worth it.   I never done a SLI system but I don't want to do it just to say I have one. Plus I'll save on the eletric bill by not doing so.   I'll just use the 660 until I find a good deal something newer.   

----------------------------------------------------
    Not listing hardware in my rig. While proud of my
    build, don't feel others care what I have and seem like bragging to me when you do.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile