LockedMan dies after cop puts him in a choke hold

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: Man dies after cop puts him in a choke hold 2014/07/23 12:55:41 (permalink)
RushXTC
Delirious
this is tragic.  Don't get me wrong.  The way he was taken into custody isn't different from any other person who resists arrest.  A guy that large, they control the head.   He could speak, so he wasn't being choked to death.  His head, if it did hit the pavement, didn't cause his death.   He may of had a medical condition or heart condition that lead to this.   He didn't cooperate with authorities.   He was wrong for not cooperating and this caused him to be apprehended.   The force used to do this did not cause him to die.  He died because of his health.   You can't tell from looking at people who will withstand being taking into custody and whom can't.   If 5 or so cops were involved,  I would say that that was needed to apprehend him. He was a large guy.   Not one person caused his death.  It's just circumstance of his poor health.  

This is sad all the way around.  He should of cooperated and the cops should of evaluated if he was a threat and just left him alone.  I don't know the motive for arrest. Was it disorderly conduct in public? Disturbing the Peace?  Was it because he was selling illegal items?  Time will tell.  

"The 350-pound man, about to be arrested on charges of illegally selling cigarettes, was arguing with the police."

Maybe if he went on a diet, He'd still be alive... Or you know... didn't do anything illegal or if he did, He could have taken ownership and co-operated.

You know... Could have... 'Cause he's dead. Lol.

Yeah, and if I didn't obey the speed limit and was moving too fast in my car and killed myself or someone else, I guess it was my choice. We all have them to make.  Sometimes, it leads to our demise.

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Man dies after cop puts him in a choke hold 2014/07/23 12:57:23 (permalink)
Delirious
RushXTC
Delirious
this is tragic.  Don't get me wrong.  The way he was taken into custody isn't different from any other person who resists arrest.  A guy that large, they control the head.   He could speak, so he wasn't being choked to death.  His head, if it did hit the pavement, didn't cause his death.   He may of had a medical condition or heart condition that lead to this.   He didn't cooperate with authorities.   He was wrong for not cooperating and this caused him to be apprehended.   The force used to do this did not cause him to die.  He died because of his health.   You can't tell from looking at people who will withstand being taking into custody and whom can't.   If 5 or so cops were involved,  I would say that that was needed to apprehend him. He was a large guy.   Not one person caused his death.  It's just circumstance of his poor health.  

This is sad all the way around.  He should of cooperated and the cops should of evaluated if he was a threat and just left him alone.  I don't know the motive for arrest. Was it disorderly conduct in public? Disturbing the Peace?  Was it because he was selling illegal items?  Time will tell.  

"The 350-pound man, about to be arrested on charges of illegally selling cigarettes, was arguing with the police."

Maybe if he went on a diet, He'd still be alive... Or you know... didn't do anything illegal or if he did, He could have taken ownership and co-operated.

You know... Could have... 'Cause he's dead. Lol.

Yeah, and if I didn't obey the speed limit and was moving too fast in my car and killed myself or someone else, I guess it was my choice. We all have them to make.  Sometimes, it leads to our demise.

Yeah, But in that situation, I don't think he's told himself "If I died in a choke hold because I was resisting arrest, I'd die doing what I loved to do... being choked to death".

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Man dies after cop puts him in a choke hold 2014/07/23 13:05:43 (permalink)
The only reason speed limits, seat belt laws, and the like exists is to generate revenue for the state...  It is not about our safety!  It is also not ILLEGAL TO ARGUE WITH POLICE I CAN WALK UP TO A POLICE OFFICER AND ARGUE AND CALL HIM VULGAR NAMES AND CANNOT BE ARRESTED...  This is obvious they say he had a history so they saw him walking and assumed he was up to know good followed and stalked him then witnessed a "crime"...  This in itself is illegal because they hadn't witnessed any crime beforehand so they assumed he was guilty...  This is why in most states you do not have to show your ID if you are walking down the street and why Drivers License checkpoints should be illegal but seem to be upheld due to revenue generation...  The best thing to do is get acquainted with your state laws...  The other day I was walking and a police officer asked me for my ID my response was I don't want to talk he was okay with that and said have a good day...  It is up to them to know the law!  Anyways whenever you see someone pulled over or ever see a road pirate just stop and film to help a fellow citizen out! 

Badges don't grant extra rights!

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3677
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Man dies after cop puts him in a choke hold 2014/07/23 13:33:59 (permalink)
Of course its for money, those cops, just like any other public official is only doing it for himself. Never trust them, and I say take it further, show open dislike for them. I make them show me a badge before i will roll down a windows, and did you know you don't have to provide ID unless they are arresting you by law.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Man dies after cop puts him in a choke hold 2014/07/23 16:00:20 (permalink)
BF3PRO
The only reason speed limits, seat belt laws, and the like exists is to generate revenue for the state...  It is not about our safety! 

LOL!!! While those laws are used to create revenue (most police depts set quotas for their beat cops), the laws themselves were made for safety reasons.

post edited by Nereus - 2014/07/23 16:02:10

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

RainStryke
The Advocate
  • Total Posts : 15872
  • Ribbons : 60
Re: Man dies after cop puts him in a choke hold 2014/07/23 17:22:53 (permalink)
I've dealt with disorderly people that were on the larger side when I used to work security at a mall. We worked directly with the local police, they even had a office in our mall. I never saw them take anyone down like that. If they disobeyed an order to put their hands behind their back, there were multiple warnings multiple officers to hold each arm and they always went for the legs to put them on their knees.

It's sad people just judge the person because of his weight, rather than the action that took the mans life. The mention of his weight and being asthmatic is political spin for damage control... Easy way for them to misdirect.

Main PC | Secondary PC
Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Man dies after cop puts him in a choke hold 2014/07/23 18:52:08 (permalink)
direraptor22
Power hungry pigs.......

This thread has spiraled out of control, and is now locked.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile