EVGA

GTX 550 Ti HDMI output question

Author
jar3dxa
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/07/22 12:41:08 (permalink)
I am looking to watch my HBOGo subscription on my HDTV connected from my computer.  I have the 550GTX Ti video card and observe it has a mini HDMI port.  I do not see any information in GeForce experience on how to use the card connected to my television.  In addition to that, in my user manual section 5 only tells you how to configure audio over HDMI, and when I do that I do not even see my EVGA card listed in the audio portion, which is why I hesitate buying a cable (if it won't even work)

Does anyone know of a website that explains step by step how to set up a television with this card?  I don't want to use it full time I would toggle between the TV/PC Monitor.  Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

_NathanF
    • Total Posts : 25
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: GTX 550 Ti HDMI output question 2014/07/22 12:52:24 (permalink)
    Connecting a TV via HDMI should be fairly straightforward.  You would just need to plug the HDMI cable into the TV and the card and select the HDMI input on the TV itself.  Unless you have a really old motherboard the audio should also be working out of the box.  When you plug the TV HDMI cable into the device.  You will see the TV as a audio device under windows sound manager, look at the speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of your taskbar, click on it.  Then under "playback" tab you will see your TV, right click on the TV and change it to "Set as Default Device".  Everytime you change between the TV and the other monitor you will have to change this setting to change the sound device that you want the audio to be played with.
    Gomez99
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2637
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: GTX 550 Ti HDMI output question 2014/07/23 20:45:04 (permalink)
    What monitor are you currently using? Also download the latest drivers for your card, and in addition to the driver and PhysX portion also install the HD audio

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile