EVGA

New problem: Power button doesn't work :(

Author
boomdart
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/07/21 18:04:04 (permalink)
For no reason what so ever my power button won't work anymore.

Luckily it still turns the screen on when I plug it up to power, but I'm scared if I run out of battery it may not turn on again.

What happened to my power button?  I didn't drop it, I didn't install anything wierd on it, the only thing I really have is a handful of games and mx player installed with some shows on the sd card.

I do run Clean Master & 1 tap boost, could that be affecting it?  Can I undo something?

I don't have the stylus, I lost it somewhere in another town last week...could that be affecting it?

o i just got it to turn the screen off... now it won't come back on x_x

I've had three of these I like this tablet so much... so much better than the other tablets I have.  With this third one I hadn't noticed any problems from the previous two and thought I got a real good one... now my power button barely/doesn't work.  what gives?  I hate the best tablet seems to be flawed so badly :(
post edited by boomdart - 2014/07/21 18:11:26

3 Replies Related Threads

boomdart
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: New problem: Power button doesn't work :( 2014/07/23 15:31:51 (permalink)
    If I stick a pin in the underside of the button it works, kind of a pain, but regular presses don't do anything for it.

I can sometimes get my fingernail between it and turn it on, but for now, I'm just carrying a needle in my wallet so I can turn it on and off :o  I can get used to that, not that big of a deal... but I wish I didn't have to.

I would go ahead and get the new tablet coming out but my land rover needs repair and it's $1000 just to get them to start looking at it lol.  I love that car too, full of issues and problems but it's so nice, like the tablet, that I'll deal with the issues :p
    rchrdcrg
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 105
    Re: New problem: Power button doesn't work :( 2014/07/24 19:02:58 (permalink)
    It happens... you could take it somewhere and maybe have it repaired for not too much money. I had an Acer Iconia A500, and the power button on that thing was poorly designed and failed on me after a few months, but luckily I worked at a computer shop, and the tech was able to fix it in seconds. If it's a quick and easy fix, most places won't charge you any more than the diagnostic fee.
    crazydave789
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re: New problem: Power button doesn't work :( 2014/08/09 17:32:04 (permalink)
    pry it apart and see if anything is in the way or popped off. the opposite end has some big clips but a thumbnail is adequate.

another option is the fintie or slide cover to turn it off and on standby and up the display time off settings.

three - what happened to the other two?

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile