EVGA

TORQ X10 Review and thoughts

Author
Zakashi
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/07/20 17:04:26 (permalink)
I am really slow with posting my review mainly because of a related/unrelated issue where I broke my front panel usb port when i plugged in the TORQ X10.  But I know that it wasn't from the mouse as I was then able to successfully plug it into another usb port. 

Anyways, when I was looking for a new mouse I had a few requirements, it must have at least 2 thumb buttons I use them for back and forward on the internet and windows and I can't live without them anymore, on the fly DPI sensitivity adjustment, and a high DPI and must be a laser mouse not optical.  The EVGA TORQ X10 fits all those criteria, but I didn't expect to get one so I bought a Razer Imperator BF3 edition to replace my Microsoft Intellimouse Optical Mouse.  Much to my surprise I did get a EVGA TORQ X10 and it is quite impressive.  I had always admired the Mad Catz RAT series mice for there customization but they were way to expensive at the time.  The TORQ X10 has a lot of the same customization but with slick EVGA work and a decent price.  Immediately when I got the TORQ X10 I took it out and looked at the weights with excitement, I decided the middle weights would probably be good to test with and so I proceeded to put the weights in.  Or so I thought, I tried several times and was afraid I was gonna break the mouse when I was trying to lift off the top to put those weights in.  Since the TORQ X10 was brand new there wasn't too much information on how to open to top easily and after what seemed like 15 minutes I just did it hoping I wouldn't break the mouse, I got it off and put the weights in.  Now having seen video oh my gosh is it easy to open.  So far, the mouse is way superior to any mouse I've had, it has plenty of buttons which work nice, it adjusts to a comfortable height with the simple turn of a screw and can have its weight adjusted as well.  

All of these awesome features before I even had to mouse plugged in.  Pure luck that my computer light theme is red so the default color of the leds is perfect for me.  However, the software that EVGA includes is quite helpful as well.  It allows like most mouse software customization of the buttons, macros, dpi, profiles as well as led lighting.  Unlike the newest synapse it actually works well.  You can customize 2 different led lights for different colors, or turn them off or enable breathing which is pretty cool too.  A wide selection of colors including green (my favorite color, as well as an uncommon color in my opinion in hardware besides Razer's) as well as the ability to adjust the brightness of the leds.  The software allows you to switch between left or right hand orientation which is cool for ambidextrous or left handed people.  The configurable buttons are handy for gaming as well as general computing use, I like to use the one thumb button for melee.  The led that shows which dpi setting you are on is very nice as the Razer Imperator BF3 doesn't have that, so it can be hard to switch safely in game.  On the bottom there is a switch to switch profiles between any of the 5 that you can setup on the mouse for various games or purposes.  

Overall, I really like the mouse and I would recommend it, it is adjustable and comfortable, colorful in leds and has good software to back it up.  Having been using it for a while now, I can safely say that EVGA really makes excellent hardware overall and now I have something else besides my graphics cards to look for from EVGA.
post edited by Zakashi - 2014/07/20 17:11:22

1 Reply Related Threads

EVGA_JacobF
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 16946
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: TORQ X10 Review and thoughts 2014/07/21 11:45:27 (permalink)
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile