Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2014/04/24 08:36:43 (permalink)
http://www.techpowerup.com/200172/raijintek-unveils-morpheus-vga-cooler.html

Looks like a pretty decent VGA cooler but be prepared to lose a few PCI-E slots....

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

7 Replies Related Threads

AzN-SoLjA
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7982
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Raijintek Unveils Morpheus VGA Cooler 2014/04/24 10:48:38 (permalink)
    There's a link in the comments http://www.tomshardware.de/raijintek-morpheus-vga-cooler-hawaii-review,testberichte-241525-4.html
    They put that cooler on the R9 290x 

| EVGA Z68 FTW | EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC 3GB | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 | Custom EK Water Loop | Red Harbinger Cross Desk
    | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.24v | Corsair 16GB Vengeance | Corsair Neutron 256GB SSD | Corsair AX850 | Lamptron FC5V3 | ASUS VE278 27" |
    | Creative Inspire T6160 5.1 & X-Fi Fatal1ty 7.1 Champ | Razer Marauder & Spectre & Tiamat 7.1 | Affiliate Code: 3MHCIBME48 | Associate Code: 08HWLPJXE0O5MPM

RuffeDK
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 643
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Raijintek Unveils Morpheus VGA Cooler 2014/04/26 00:42:15 (permalink)
    Nice. I've been wondering why GPU heatsinks aren't getting more attention than it does. Arctic Accellero coolers are nice, but I prefer to pick my owm fans.

Intel Core i5-3570 ~ Noctua Cooling Solution ~ ASUS P8H77-I ~ Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP 2x 8GB
         Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 ~ SilverStone ST45SF-G ~ Intel 520-120GB
         NCASE M1 Owner #0197
    lehpron
    Regular Guy
    • Total Posts : 16254
    • Ribbons : 191
    Re: Raijintek Unveils Morpheus VGA Cooler 2014/04/27 06:40:20 (permalink)
    Looks like a rebranded Accellero; these newer generation aftermarket GPU coolers have no ability to apply elsewhere to anything but another graphics card with the same form factor, stupid IMO.  I liked Thermalright's HR-03GT as I found a way to put two on the same GPU (see ModsRigs).  This new crap is causing me to look around for alternatives and all I found was that a company called Streacom sells heatpipes as accessories meant for their silent miniITX cases.  Now I can make my own ginormous heatsinks with I wanted; while part of me wishes I shouldn't have to, if this is what it takes so be it. 

RuffeDK
    Nice. I've been wondering why GPU heatsinks aren't getting more attention than it does. Arctic Accellero coolers are nice, but I prefer to pick my own fans.
    Not even five years ago there were plenty of options for aftermarket cooling, but now that figure has dropped significantly; so the demand dried up.  Now it seems people would rather get their aftermarket coolers attached to their graphics card of choice from their vendor of choice.  It certainly allows vendors more avenues for revenue, look how many more SKUs EVGA was able to invent with an additional cooler type.  People will pay to have things done for them.  The only way to have our own options are the scare few left and waterblocks.

Of course now I wonder, will liquid cooling follow the same path someday?  A component would have to be both both self-sustaining and be able to plug into a loop for the idea to work.  It would require every liquid cooling company to subscribe to the same standards for liquid and connections such that any vendor component can connect with any loop.  While that is more or less the case today, the problem is maintenance; the reason Asetek's AIO's sell like crazy is because they are easy-obvious.  Custom liquid isn't like that, although quick-disconnects might allow for it.

Lovely going off topic, but I like thinking about how to effectively destroy the DIY custom liquid market with a non-complex standard that everyone can easily adapt to.

For Intel processors, 0.122 x TDP = Continuous Amps at 12v [source].  

Introduction to Thermoelectric Cooling
    outlawii
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 815
    Re: Raijintek Unveils Morpheus VGA Cooler 2014/04/27 07:08:48 (permalink)
    I hope liquid cooling does not take this path Lephron,i like my custom loop!

Intel 9900K @ 5.0 EK Supremacy Clean Water block
    Gigabyte Aurous Master
    G-skill DDR4 3600 32 gig
    Evga 2080 EK Waterblock
    Evga SuperNova 750
    Lian Li PC 011

lehpron
    Regular Guy
    • Total Posts : 16254
    • Ribbons : 191
    Re: Raijintek Unveils Morpheus VGA Cooler 2014/04/27 16:30:02 (permalink)
    outlawii
    I hope liquid cooling does not take this path Lephron, i like my custom loop!
    Nah, you're just not thinking fourth-dimensionally.

I'm sure something will take its place in the extreme category, an AIO cheap phase-change system perhaps; ironically, Asetek has experience in this field too.  It's been a decade since VapoChill, I doubt they just dropped any research on it, rather just waiting to implement it.  Such an AIO phase cooler might have the same form factor as those old-school CoolIT Freezones but with a mini-compressor, something like this.  Just like Asetek's AIO liquid loops, they will come up with all sorts of evaporator heads and radiators in a simple plug-in system.  It is just a matter of time, and I'm looking forward to reading about it.

We're marching towards lower fabrication processes;on the CPU side if we stick to quads then a lower TDP eliminate the need for high power compressors.  While GPU dies remain large, their actual wattage has remained consistent.  For instance, GPUZ will tell anyone with a GK104 they use an average 1.1v at 90A, that comes out to 100W consumed or about 85W dissipated.  If just the GPU was cooled, an AIO phase cooler would work perfectly.

The only way to beat the performance of AIO liquid is with custom loop, therefore the only way to beat AIO phase is with a custom chiller-- which means liquid cooling companies will start to manufacture their own chillers, no one has to mod their own air-conditioner unless they just want more.  

post edited by lehpron - 2014/04/27 16:36:22

For Intel processors, 0.122 x TDP = Continuous Amps at 12v [source].  

Introduction to Thermoelectric Cooling
    Gomez99
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2637
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Raijintek Unveils Morpheus VGA Cooler 2014/04/28 20:43:13 (permalink)
    Jesus, thats a lot of space

outlawii
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 815
    Re: Raijintek Unveils Morpheus VGA Cooler 2014/04/29 07:07:22 (permalink)
    lehpron
    outlawii
    I hope liquid cooling does not take this path Lephron, i like my custom loop!
    Nah, you're just not thinking fourth-dimensionally.

I'm sure something will take its place in the extreme category, an AIO cheap phase-change system perhaps; ironically, Asetek has experience in this field too.  It's been a decade since VapoChill, I doubt they just dropped any research on it, rather just waiting to implement it.  Such an AIO phase cooler might have the same form factor as those old-school CoolIT Freezones but with a mini-compressor, something like this.  Just like Asetek's AIO liquid loops, they will come up with all sorts of evaporator heads and radiators in a simple plug-in system.  It is just a matter of time, and I'm looking forward to reading about it.

We're marching towards lower fabrication processes;on the CPU side if we stick to quads then a lower TDP eliminate the need for high power compressors.  While GPU dies remain large, their actual wattage has remained consistent.  For instance, GPUZ will tell anyone with a GK104 they use an average 1.1v at 90A, that comes out to 100W consumed or about 85W dissipated.  If just the GPU was cooled, an AIO phase cooler would work perfectly.

The only way to beat the performance of AIO liquid is with custom loop, therefore the only way to beat AIO phase is with a custom chiller-- which means liquid cooling companies will start to manufacture their own chillers, no one has to mod their own air-conditioner unless they just want more.  

Good points lephron!

Intel 9900K @ 5.0 EK Supremacy Clean Water block
    Gigabyte Aurous Master
    G-skill DDR4 3600 32 gig
    Evga 2080 EK Waterblock
    Evga SuperNova 750
    Lian Li PC 011

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile