EVGA

Helpful ReplyWhat do you think of Geforce Experience?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 115
2014/04/23 20:30:05 (permalink)

As the title say's. State what you like, and don't like about it. Try to be as detailed as possible as to the reasons why you like it, or dislike it. Also, explain to everyone what it is used for, etc.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
_BrittonT
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 288
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/23 20:42:43 (permalink)
I do not open/use gforce experience unless I want to stream a pc game to my shield. 95% I leave it off, as it can get in the way of troubleshooting (surround setup issue, etc). 
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10053
  • Ribbons : 165
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/23 20:48:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby XrayMan 2014/04/24 19:25:29
Nvidia GeForce Experience

The -number one- reason this software was developed is to gain complete access and two way communication abilities, so that information about your hardware, OS and software configuration can be gathered and sent to Nvidia for resale.
THIS SOFTWARE COLLECTS INFORMATION THAT MAKES NVIDIA -MONEY- 

All the features of this software are -secondary- to its primary function (making money by collecting and then selling your info)
-->and are only there to "entice" you to install and use the software. By doing so you agree to Nvidia's TOS and PP

*Since this "collect your data and sell it" model is widely used (Steam, Origin, Xfire, Synapse...etc) and accepted by many users, its NOT really that big of a deal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The REAL problem is the "GFE" program itself..
-->it does not work correctly and in many cases is one of the PRIMARY reasons for user performance problems and driver install/game issues.
Nvidia does NOT support the GFE development team with enough money or staffing/talent to even BEGIN to be able to make the features WORK
-->Its basicly a "garage" operation of coding nerds (not gamers) without a proper budget, equipment or staff
--------------------------------------
--------------------
----------
----

Lets take a DETAILED look at Nvidia's sales pitch for the "NEW" GeForce Experience 2.0 posted right here at the EVGA forums
 http://www.evga.com/articles/00834/

First: The HOOK (sales pitch)

Wow! that sounds great.... custom software for my Nvidia card (directly from Nvidia, so its got to work perfectly)
That updates my drivers, makes my games run better and I can record and show off my gameplay. And all of this for free, thats awesome!!
---------------------
Here is the FAQ page at Nvidia for the GFE http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/faq
And here is the Nvidia privacy policy http://www.geforce.com/privacy-policy
---------------------

This feature is a primary selling point for the GFE
It claims to allow you to "one click" from the desktop and install your Nvidia driver. That sounds GREAT.
---------
Except for the realities of how different users systems are KNOWN to be, how different their OS version setups can be, what browser/browser config they might be using, and of course the biggest problem of all -what might be running on the system- when a user attempts to update after the box pops up on the desktop.....
thats BAD
---------
Nvidia does NOT warn you in ANY WAY, nor does the GFE or Nvidia driver installer give a user any notice of ANY KIND...
That something (software) is running that might be BROKEN, should the driver install proceed. Its just going to go ahead and install and possibly break it.
Nor will it tell you that you have ANY problems, that could cause the driver install to FAIL. Its just going to run, and then tell you it "failed".
thats BAD
---------
Once you use the GFE to update your Nvidia driver and it gives you a "FAILED to Install" message, you are on your own.
There are NO FEATURES to diagnose or to fix driver install problems contained in the GFE program.
So a user has no idea what has happened. Running it again will generate the same error....
Thats BAD
---------
The GFE (by default) will install every single Nvidia driver component using a "express install" (including many that your system does NOT support and/or you will not use) and does NOT remove saved information from the Nvidia control panel.
Should a user have made changes in the NVCP that have been causing issues or crashing, the new driver install will apply those incorrect settings and those problems will follow the user into his new driver install..
thats BAD 

Supported games list http://www.geforce.com/ge...rience/supported-games
THIS feature is one of the main reasons that Novice users install the GFE. It is also one of the MAIN reasons for -serious- problems in games should it be used.
The primary issue with this "optimization" is that it needs to actually go directly into a games files--> AND MODIFY THEM for this feature to work.
The problems arise when the GFE writes -incorrect data- into these game files, causing SERIOUS issues that are extremely difficult or impossible to recover from without reinstalling your entire game.
Many users have damaged their game "settings config" files in this manner (but don't know it) and are now unable to play that game without problems.
The GFE will NOT tell you this has happened, and will not FIX it for you...
-->and will not even notify you, that Nvidia KNOWS it broke your game files and KNOWS how to fix them. (the corrupted config files must be rebuilt)
Thats more than BAD, its disgusting
------------  
One of the worst falsehoods about this feature, is the fact that it does NOT help users understand the limitations of their system config.
Nor does it HELP them get it setup correctly. It basically sets everything to MAX or to MED or to LOW without giving the user any real information on WHY certain settings are effecting FPS, Image Quality or Gameplay...
thats BAD 

This feature is nice, as GPU acceleration is very helpful when recording gameplay.
The primary problem is that users do NOT understand the "costs" to running such software.. to themselves or to others.
IE--> Game performance, Internet performance and hard drive/SSD stress
-----------------
Its just terrible when mid-range/low-end players are using this software when playing with others and seriously impacts the gaming experience of other players.
thats BAD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My personal observations and experience about the GeForce Experience

As a very active member of the EVGA forums who helps and supports users experiencing problems with Nvidia drivers and driver related issues...
The #1 cause of the issues I work on every day, is the GeForce Experience

Its default install behavior and its corruption of third party programs like Precision (and many others) is APPALLING!
Its -damaging- of game config files has left many thousands of users with broken games (and many don't even know this has happened)

The VERY first thing I ask a user reporting problems...
--->Do you have the GFE installed?

Thats very BAD indeed.

I recommend that users do not install or use the GFE for the reasons I have posted
--> its just not worth the problems it can create

NVIDIA HALL OF SHAME--> https://forums.geforce.co...10/geforce-experience/

*There is even WORSE news about the GFE
There has been -serious- talk coming out of Nvidia about making the GFE -->REQUIRED<-- for Nvidia driver installs.
Let us hope that this never occurs 

---------------
The opinions in this post are personal and are completely my own  

post edited by maniacvvv - 2014/04/24 04:09:51

Attached Image(s)

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/23 20:57:43 (permalink)
EVGATech_BrittonT
I do not open/use gforce experience unless I want to stream a pc game to my shield. 95% I leave it off, as it can get in the way of troubleshooting (surround setup issue, etc). 

So it's good for some things, but not for many others. How does it interfere with troubleshooting, and setup issues? Does it have certain files in those programs that cause corruptions?

maniacvvv
Reserved

*going to take me awhile to bash this broken junk properly

LOL. This outta be good.        

&nbsp
_BrittonT
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 288
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/23 21:02:30 (permalink)
In some cases I have had it cause crashing in games, at one point when playing with the optimize for game option. I had to totally re install a steam game. For that reason alone. I mainly stopped using it and closing it out whenever to rule out the program (gforce experience) as the cause of crashing. However, in some driver updates, when configuring surround, you have to turn it off, to continue with the setup procedure.
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/23 21:15:31 (permalink)
EVGATech_BrittonT
In some cases I have had it cause crashing in games, at one point when playing with the optimize for game option. I had to totally re install a steam game. For that reason alone. I mainly stopped using it and closing it out whenever to rule out the program (gforce experience) as the cause of crashing. However, in some driver updates, when configuring surround, you have to turn it off, to continue with the setup procedure.

Makes me wonder why they don't just make the program better, or just scrap it altogether.   LOL.

&nbsp
Chaos_21
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4524
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/23 21:18:07 (permalink)
I used once but I prefer to set my games graphics manually.
Also I don't actually like programs that change settings for me.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
 Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
 Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

NazcaC2
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 7420
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/23 23:04:30 (permalink)
I like to use the Geforce Experience, mostly for driver updates.

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10053
  • Ribbons : 165
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/24 00:34:45 (permalink)
NazcaC2
I like to use the Geforce Experience, mostly for driver updates.

Good luck

I am seeing possible issues with users of the GFE after the recent major update to windows 8.1
*this is to be expected from the GFE as its not well supported by Nvidia and is poorly updated due to lack of funding and staff

They pushed out GFE 2.0 before the Windows 8.1 patch was released.
---------------------

I am not seeing any "extra" issues with Win 7 users, only Win 8.1
post edited by maniacvvv - 2014/04/24 00:37:08

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/24 00:41:24 (permalink)
I don't like NVIDIA sharing my info from it to anyone so I don't use it anymore. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

stickywulf
  • Total Posts : 97
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/24 03:39:40 (permalink)
I installed Geforce Experience so that it would recommend game quality settings which would work well with my hardware. I like this.

When Geforce Experience tried to update my display driver, it failed.  I don't like this.
NazcaC2
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 7420
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/24 08:05:47 (permalink)
I have the 337.xx betas and 8.1 and haven't had any issues. To reiterate, Windows installed the built in driver first and I did a clean install of the beta.
post edited by NazcaC2 - 2014/04/24 08:07:58

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
AzN-SoLjA
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7982
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/24 10:45:55 (permalink)
I never really had issues with GFE but I wouldn't recommend a novice using it due to alot of the issues listed by Maniacvvv. Cause when something does go wrong, the basic user is going to cry a river.

| EVGA Z68 FTW | EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC 3GB | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 | Custom EK Water Loop | Red Harbinger Cross Desk
| i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.24v | Corsair 16GB Vengeance | Corsair Neutron 256GB SSD | Corsair AX850 | Lamptron FC5V3 | ASUS VE278 27" |
| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1 & X-Fi Fatal1ty 7.1 Champ | Razer Marauder & Spectre & Tiamat 7.1 | Affiliate Code: 3MHCIBME48 | Associate Code: 08HWLPJXE0O5MPM

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/24 19:25:16 (permalink)
maniacvvv
Nvidia GeForce Experience

The -number one- reason this software was developed is to gain complete access and two way communication abilities, so that information about your hardware, OS and software configuration can be gathered and sent to Nvidia for resale.
THIS SOFTWARE COLLECTS INFORMATION THAT MAKES NVIDIA -MONEY- 

All the features of this software are -secondary- to its primary function (making money by collecting and then selling your info)
-->and are only there to "entice" you to install and use the software. By doing so you agree to Nvidia's TOS and PP

*Since this "collect your data and sell it" model is widely used (Steam, Origin, Xfire, Synapse...etc) and accepted by many users, its NOT really that big of a deal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The REAL problem is the "GFE" program itself..
-->it does not work correctly and in many cases is one of the PRIMARY reasons for user performance problems and driver install/game issues.
Nvidia does NOT support the GFE development team with enough money or staffing/talent to even BEGIN to be able to make the features WORK
-->Its basicly a "garage" operation of coding nerds (not gamers) without a proper budget, equipment or staff
--------------------------------------
--------------------
----------
----

Lets take a DETAILED look at Nvidia's sales pitch for the "NEW" GeForce Experience 2.0 posted right here at the EVGA forums
 http://www.evga.com/articles/00834/

First: The HOOK (sales pitch)

Wow! that sounds great.... custom software for my Nvidia card (directly from Nvidia, so its got to work perfectly)
That updates my drivers, makes my games run better and I can record and show off my gameplay. And all of this for free, thats awesome!!
---------------------
Here is the FAQ page at Nvidia for the GFE http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/faq
And here is the Nvidia privacy policy http://www.geforce.com/privacy-policy
---------------------

This feature is a primary selling point for the GFE
It claims to allow you to "one click" from the desktop and install your Nvidia driver. That sounds GREAT.
---------
Except for the realities of how different users systems are KNOWN to be, how different their OS version setups can be, what browser/browser config they might be using, and of course the biggest problem of all -what might be running on the system- when a user attempts to update after the box pops up on the desktop.....
thats BAD
---------
Nvidia does NOT warn you in ANY WAY, nor does the GFE or Nvidia driver installer give a user any notice of ANY KIND...
That something (software) is running that might be BROKEN, should the driver install proceed. Its just going to go ahead and install and possibly break it.
Nor will it tell you that you have ANY problems, that could cause the driver install to FAIL. Its just going to run, and then tell you it "failed".
thats BAD
---------
Once you use the GFE to update your Nvidia driver and it gives you a "FAILED to Install" message, you are on your own.
There are NO FEATURES to diagnose or to fix driver install problems contained in the GFE program.
So a user has no idea what has happened. Running it again will generate the same error....
Thats BAD
---------
The GFE (by default) will install every single Nvidia driver component using a "express install" (including many that your system does NOT support and/or you will not use) and does NOT remove saved information from the Nvidia control panel.
Should a user have made changes in the NVCP that have been causing issues or crashing, the new driver install will apply those incorrect settings and those problems will follow the user into his new driver install..
thats BAD 

Supported games list http://www.geforce.com/ge...rience/supported-games
THIS feature is one of the main reasons that Novice users install the GFE. It is also one of the MAIN reasons for -serious- problems in games should it be used.
The primary issue with this "optimization" is that it needs to actually go directly into a games files--> AND MODIFY THEM for this feature to work.
The problems arise when the GFE writes -incorrect data- into these game files, causing SERIOUS issues that are extremely difficult or impossible to recover from without reinstalling your entire game.
Many users have damaged their game "settings config" files in this manner (but don't know it) and are now unable to play that game without problems.
The GFE will NOT tell you this has happened, and will not FIX it for you...
-->and will not even notify you, that Nvidia KNOWS it broke your game files and KNOWS how to fix them. (the corrupted config files must be rebuilt)
Thats more than BAD, its disgusting
------------  
One of the worst falsehoods about this feature, is the fact that it does NOT help users understand the limitations of their system config.
Nor does it HELP them get it setup correctly. It basically sets everything to MAX or to MED or to LOW without giving the user any real information on WHY certain settings are effecting FPS, Image Quality or Gameplay...
thats BAD 

This feature is nice, as GPU acceleration is very helpful when recording gameplay.
The primary problem is that users do NOT understand the "costs" to running such software.. to themselves or to others.
IE--> Game performance, Internet performance and hard drive/SSD stress
-----------------
Its just terrible when mid-range/low-end players are using this software when playing with others and seriously impacts the gaming experience of other players.
thats BAD

My personal observations and experience about the GeForce Experience

As a very active member of the EVGA forums who helps and supports users experiencing problems with Nvidia drivers and driver related issues...
The #1 cause of the issues I work on every day, is the GeForce Experience

Its default install behavior and its corruption of third party programs like Precision (and many others) is APPALLING!
Its -damaging- of game config files has left many thousands of users with broken games (and many don't even know this has happened)

The VERY first thing I ask a user reporting problems...
--->Do you have the GFE installed?

Thats very BAD indeed.

I recommend that users do not install or use the GFE for the reasons I have posted
--> its just not worth the problems it can create

NVIDIA HALL OF SHAME--> https://forums.geforce.co...10/geforce-experience/

*There is even WORSE news about the GFE
There has been -serious- talk coming out of Nvidia about making the GFE -->REQUIRED<-- for Nvidia driver installs.
Let us hope that this never occurs 

---------------
The opinions in this post are personal and are completely my own  

Wow. A lot of good info there. Thanks.

&nbsp
LJennings
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 535
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/25 09:52:28 (permalink)
stickywulf
I installed Geforce Experience so that it would recommend game quality settings which would work well with my hardware. I like this.
When Geforce Experience tried to update my display driver, it failed.  I don't like this.

My exact feelings.

Heatware
i7 860, EVGA P55 SLI, EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC+ 3GB, Win 10 Pro 64-Bit, Crucial 240GB SSD, WD 500gig Caviar Black, Corsair Vengence 2x4gigs
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/25 12:29:05 (permalink)
They say you can disable the data mining. Who knows if the software still phones home or not.

Gomez99
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2637
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/04/25 22:09:55 (permalink)
Ohhhhhhh YES it does. Anything NVIDIA can do to make money they will do!

zhaoyun707
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/05/13 05:35:16 (permalink)
The sole purpose I use this was the shadowplay and twitch stream support.

I hope they add full customization on shadowplay streams like OBS and xsplit.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/05/13 05:53:28 (permalink)
Until they stop sharing my data with anyone else I'm not going to use it

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/05/13 06:56:45 (permalink)
Chaos_21

+1

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10330
  • Ribbons : 116
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/05/13 07:48:26 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Chaos_21

+1

+2

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 13061
  • Ribbons : 34
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/05/13 11:27:10 (permalink)
rjohnson11
Until they stop sharing my data with anyone else I'm not going to use it

+1, I agree 100%.
aka_STEVE_b
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 17692
  • Ribbons : 69
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/05/13 11:31:53 (permalink)
I thought i posted in here on this previously .... but just copy/ paste maniacs'  and that about sums it up.

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
Tweaked
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10630
  • Ribbons : 29
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/05/13 12:39:24 (permalink)
I used it once and tried to update my drivers with it.  It failed so I uninstalled it and never tried it again.

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
sk2play
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4437
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/05/18 15:52:46 (permalink)
I installed it when it first came out.  Some games started crashing (that never crashed before) and it had issues with AB and Precision.  I uninstalled it from Windows Control Panel and have never used it since. 

If nVidia forced me to install it and I couldn't find a workaround to crashing issues, I would switch over to the Red Team which I haven't done since I upgraded my Radeon 8500 back in the day.  Quality control is the most important thing and not some perk software that fails

Corsair R500 Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N78TGHZ-3GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 16GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 2TB HDD x2, Creative SBz to Onkyo TX-DS676, Bose 201's, Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W8.1
howdyho1
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 236
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/06/03 13:17:27 (permalink)
@maniacvvv

Thank you for the rational, detailed explanation!  Uninstalling it right now.

i9-7900X | Asus ROG STRIX X299E | Custom loop | EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | EVGA 3090 K|NGP|N with Optimus block | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz DDR4 | 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME | 2x 4TB WD Black | DG-87 case | 3x LG 27" 4k |  HyperX Alloy Elite 2 kbd | HyperX Pulsefire Haste mse | HyperX Pulsefire RGB mat

Heatware: https://www.heatware.com/u/96922/to

daviangel
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4002
  • Ribbons : 33
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/06/12 12:10:55 (permalink)
zhaoyun707

Yup main reason I use it makes easy to record gameplay you can upload to Youtube later or whatever.
but even that sucks because it can't do 4K recording AFAICT. Only let's me go up to 1080i resolution on recording even though I have 780gtx!

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/ EVGA ACX Cooler driving 39" SEK 4K monitor
ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 Intel X79 Micro ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i7 4930K Desktop Processor hyper 212 EVO
G.Skill Ripjaws 12GB DDR3 1333 triple channel memory
SB X-Fi built into mobo LG GBC-H20L blu-ray burner
1 TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD for Win8.1 x64 2TB caviar black for apps 4x4TB
Antec mini P180 white case
[im
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/06/15 22:43:46 (permalink)
daviangel
zhaoyun707

Yup main reason I use it makes easy to record gameplay you can upload to Youtube later or whatever.
but even that sucks because it can't do 4K recording AFAICT. Only let's me go up to 1080i resolution on recording even though I have 780gtx!

Can't you use another program to record with?

&nbsp
holeyguy66
  • Total Posts : 84
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/06/18 16:52:11 (permalink)
thanks for that info. i mainly use it for the led controller. 
antjar
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: What do you think of Geforce Experience? 2014/06/25 06:35:30 (permalink)
I was using GFE for drivers, a few days ago I bought metro last light and noticed that when ever physx was on it would kill my frames because it was using my cpu for physx. It appears even though GFE was telling me it was updating my drivers it wasn't. So from my experience with just the driver side it doesn't seem to do the job. I haven't tried using the optimization though becuase having cookie cutter settings for optimal preformence doesn't make sense since even two computers with the same specs might preform differently
with te same settings.
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile