EVGA

560 Ti Driver Crashes

Author
newtee2
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/04/21 11:28:50 (permalink)
About four weeks ago my 560 Ti graphics card went kaput on me as I was having nothing but BSODs and artifacts all over my screen. In an effort to salvage what was left, I read up on many different ways to solve this error which included putting the video card in the oven to reflow cracked BGA joints which caused the artifacts. I learned that this wasn't the best way, and that using a heatgun was better suited for the job. After weeks of discussion on another forum I finally used the heatgun on my GPU last night (of course after removing the  heatsink and paste), reapplied thermal paste, and reassembled the card. The artifacts were gone and everything was working fine (I had stable temps 30C idle). I played some Medal of Honor Allied Assault and had no problems, then I played some Just Cause 2 and my drivers kept crashing. I tried some Red Orchestra 2 and my drivers kept crashing and I was getting temporary black screens. I went through many different drivers including 306.97 and a few others but I kept incurring the same problem. 

What can I do to solve this problem now?

6 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49166
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: 560 Ti Driver Crashes 2014/04/21 12:09:29 (permalink)
    RMA or buy a new GPU. You could also try downclocking the GPU to see if it will help.

Downclock GPU using EVGA Precision X. 

Set both GPU Clock Offset & Mem Clock Offset to -105 using the latest version of precision x. If you can't set both to -105 using the latest version of precision x download the older version here. If your GPU is unstable in any way this will help stabilize it. 

NOTE: Make sure to uninstall the latest version of precision x before installing the older version, you must select "NO" to saving profiles & reboot the PC before installing the older version, you will need to follow these steps again when re-installing the latest version.

Since you're running a older video card (560) you should not set the clocks to -105 but minus 105 from your stock clocks. 
    post edited by Sajin - 2014/04/21 12:14:48
    newtee2
    Re: 560 Ti Driver Crashes 2014/04/21 15:07:50 (permalink)
    I voided my warranty a long time ago so there is no RMAing to be done, and I don't have enough disposable cash for a new GPU that's on the same level as my 560 Ti and that's why I did what I did. As I am typing this I have yet to receive a driver crash or black screen, but I have not played any demanding games like Just Cause 2 like I did last night. My graphics card is a 560 Ti with FPB meaning free performance boost, so the clocks are a bit raised. I will try underclocking soon. 
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: 560 Ti Driver Crashes 2014/04/21 15:26:08 (permalink)
    If your card is an EVGA card the warranty will still be intact, as removing the cooler and putting on new paste doesn't void the warranty. Since you didn't physically damage the video card when doing the reflow you should be good to go as well. EVGA will honor the warranty as long as you didn't physically damage the video card.
    newtee2
    Re: 560 Ti Driver Crashes 2014/04/21 15:28:43 (permalink)
    Sajin
    If your card is an EVGA card the warranty will still be intact, as removing the cooler and putting on new paste doesn't void the warranty. Since you didn't physically damage the video card when doing the reflow you should be good to go as well. EVGA will honor the warranty as long as you didn't physically damage the video card.

No I removed one of the stickers a long time ago without realizing what I was doing. Pretty stupid right? 
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: 560 Ti Driver Crashes 2014/04/21 15:33:31 (permalink)
    newtee2
    Sajin

No I removed one of the stickers a long time ago without realizing what I was doing. Pretty stupid right? 

Oh. Yeah, removing the serial number stickers is bad. Do you still have the sticker or did you trash it? If you still have it you can still RMA as long as you send in the sticker with the GPU.
    post edited by Sajin - 2014/04/21 15:37:04
    NordicJedi
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 12570
    • Ribbons : 77
    Re: 560 Ti Driver Crashes 2014/04/23 02:58:24 (permalink)
    Sajin
    newtee2
    Sajin

Oh. Yeah, removing the serial number stickers is bad. Do you still have the sticker or did you trash it? If you still have it you can still RMA as long as you send in the sticker with the GPU.

Also, If you still have the box with the serial number intact, EVGA Support can usually work with that.

6012mhz on L/N2 
    5321mhz on L/N2
    5091mhz on air
    The Lightsaber
    The Emperor Reborn
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile