EVGA

Help No Boot Error Code 62 I am Stumped

Author
Travdude
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/04/20 04:26:32 (permalink)
I just got a X79 Classified motherboard P/N 151-SE-E779-KR and I can not get it to boot all I get is error code-62 and it will not go past that
I have tried just about everything I can think of and no luck. Has anyone else had this problem

CPU- Intel i7-3930k 3.20Ghz 12 Meg Cache 130W
Memory-Corsair-DD3-Vengeance 8Gig-1.50V 10-10-10-27 1600Mhz CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 I have 4 of these chips for a total of 32Gigs of ram
Video-EVGA-GFORCE GTX-770 4Gigs of GDDR5 P/N:04G-P4-3776-KR
Sound Blaster-Z Model-SB1500 
Western Digital 1-TB Blue Hard Drive I have 2 of them
LG 16x BLU-RAY/DVD WRITER Model-BH16NS40 I Have 2 of them
Power Supply-EVGA Supernova 1300G2 1300W P/N 120-G2-1300-XR
One more thing that is strange when I push the power button it takes about 5-seconds to come on. I have to hold the power button down if you just push it
it will come on then go off  I have checked the power supply and its good
If anyone could Help I would appreciate it
Thanks
Greg

4 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_JaesonW
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 910
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Help No Boot Error Code 62 I am Stumped 2014/04/20 07:45:19 (permalink)
    You didn't mention any of the testing you've tried yet, so I'm going to make some suggestions. If you've already tried one of them, just move on to the next suggestion.

Before we start, does the box for the Classy have the blue "4th Gen Intel ready" sticker on it? If not, you'll need a BIOS update to run that processor on the board. If you don't have a Sandy Bridge-E to boot with and flash the board, give us a call or email and we can get you a BIOS chip with the correct BIOS on it.

Next, have you tried switching the BIOS switch to one of the other BIOSes?

If that doesn't help, try taking the system down to bare-bones and test the board on a piece of cardboard or wooden surface with just the power to the board, the CPU with cooler, a single stick of memory, and the video card. Try testing each stick of memory one at a time in the first non-black slot closest to the CPU and see if you get the same code with all your sticks.

If you continue to get a POST code 62, Try removing the heat sink and check the socket for bent pins. then put the CPU back and just rest the cooler on the CPU without screwing it down. Sometimes too much pressure on the CPU from the cooler can cause the board to flex, pulling pins away from the CPU. This will eliminate that. 

If you continue to get a 62 at this point, you may have a bad board or the memory controller on your CPU is faulty. Give us a call or email and we'll assist you further.

EVGA Customer Service Manager
    Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    CSPlayer089
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 462
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Help No Boot Error Code 62 I am Stumped 2014/04/20 08:44:08 (permalink)
    Test with just 1 stick of ram. Make sure everything is seated properly. 

AsRock Z490 Taichi
    Intel Core i9 10900k 
    Gigabyte AORUS 3080Ti Master 12GB
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1300G2 PSU
    32GB (4x8GB) Mushkin Redline Lumina DDR4-3600
    Creative Labs Soundblaster X G6 USB DAC/Sound Card
    EK Basic AIO 360 w/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 Redux
    WD Black SN850 1TB SSD
    Phanteks Enthoo 719 full tower case 
    ASUS PG32UQ G-Sync Monitor
    Hyper X Alloy Elite Keyboard
    HyperX Pulsefire Dart/Steelseries QcK Mass mousepad
    Kingston Hyper X Cloud headset

Gomez99
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2637
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Help No Boot Error Code 62 I am Stumped 2014/04/20 19:16:19 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JaesonW
    You didn't mention any of the testing you've tried yet, so I'm going to make some suggestions. If you've already tried one of them, just move on to the next suggestion.

Before we start, does the box for the Classy have the blue "4th Gen Intel ready" sticker on it? If not, you'll need a BIOS update to run that processor on the board. If you don't have a Sandy Bridge-E to boot with and flash the board, give us a call or email and we can get you a BIOS chip with the correct BIOS on it.

Next, have you tried switching the BIOS switch to one of the other BIOSes?

If that doesn't help, try taking the system down to bare-bones and test the board on a piece of cardboard or wooden surface with just the power to the board, the CPU with cooler, a single stick of memory, and the video card. Try testing each stick of memory one at a time in the first non-black slot closest to the CPU and see if you get the same code with all your sticks.

If you continue to get a POST code 62, Try removing the heat sink and check the socket for bent pins. then put the CPU back and just rest the cooler on the CPU without screwing it down. Sometimes too much pressure on the CPU from the cooler can cause the board to flex, pulling pins away from the CPU. This will eliminate that. 

If you continue to get a 62 at this point, you may have a bad board or the memory controller on your CPU is faulty. Give us a call or email and we'll assist you further.

The 3930k is Sandy Bridge, not Ivy so he wouldn't need the new BIOS, would he?

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Help No Boot Error Code 62 I am Stumped 2014/04/21 02:12:21 (permalink)
    In this case the wisest choice is to contact EVGA tech support if the troubleshooting steps do not work

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile