I'm to young for this

Author
candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3677
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2014/04/17 11:37:21 (permalink)
I went to the hospital today, and well i just got back, I was having serious chest pain, they did an xray and guess what, I've got a blood clot in my heart, they will need to operate next week to remove it so yay. Im to young for this stuff :(

27 Replies Related Threads

Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17477
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 11:40:53 (permalink)
    So sorry. Operate may just mean doing it under fluoroscopy with a wire up through the femoral artery.   Catheter.  simple procedure.  

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 11:46:30 (permalink)
    none the less im 27, this is problems of someone much older
    maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10053
    • Ribbons : 165
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 11:49:28 (permalink)
    how good is your insurance?

Its doubtful its a clot, or you would have been admitted on the spot.
    More likely atherosclerosis, and yes that is very bad indeed for someone in their 20's

post edited by maniacvvv - 2014/04/17 11:53:03

candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 11:52:33 (permalink)
    dr said it looks like a clot, but its not fully blocking my blood flow yet, as for my insurance, lol im still waiting for it to kick in, so i dont have any
    maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 12:02:16 (permalink)
    If you have developed this advanced disease at your age.... 

Stop smoking TODAY, stop drinking alcohol TODAY, lose weight starting TODAY, have a FULL blood workup and get started on Statins TODAY 

Do all of the above and you will get alot more years under your belt.
    Be very glad that the new health care law will allow you to buy high end insurance -with- your pre-existing condition at NO EXTRA CHARGE

You have a tough road ahead, get a platinum policy from the Texas ACA exchange.
    Cheap out, and your not going to be around to spend anything you save bro 

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102447
    • Ribbons : 85
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 12:14:47 (permalink)
    At least the blood clot was found early.

I have to echo much of what maniacvvv has said. Once your operation is over consult with your doctor and find out what diet is best for you as well as exercise.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 12:18:06 (permalink)
    maniacvvv

Stop smoking TODAY, stop drinking alcohol TODAY, lose weight starting TODAY, have a FULL blood workup and get started on Statins TODAY 

Be very glad that the new health care law will allow you to buy high end insurance -with- your pre-existing condition at NO EXTRA CHARGE

ive got good health care from my employeer it just doesnt take effect till may 1st lol
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 12:25:50 (permalink)
    Sounds rough but at least they caught it *before the autopsy , you know.

Good luck on the future. 

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 12:35:43 (permalink)
    candle_86
    maniacvvv

ive got good health care from my employeer it just doesnt take effect till may 1st lol

You had better get a copy of the policy and read it over -very- carefully
    You should also find out -exactly- how much your employer is contributing to the premium.

Sadly you live in Texas.
    You need to be aware that should your current illness (and its prognosis) be bad, job loss and loss of your insurance is quite possible and completely legal.

The issue here is cost
    If you really have had such terrible health and cholesterol levels to develop this disease so young, then your looking at possible lifetime costs exceeding $1,000,000 or even much more....
    Heart disease is treatable in most cases, but its very very expensive in this country.

Just wait until you see your bill for the procedure next week... you are in for a serious wake up call.

Make no mistake, most of those without the very best private insurance -die- from heart disease in this country...

post edited by maniacvvv - 2014/04/17 12:42:05

Tweaked
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10630
    • Ribbons : 29
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 12:43:27 (permalink)
    Yikes!  I'll certainly be praying for you.

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
    candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 12:52:34 (permalink)
    maniacvvv
    candle_86
    maniacvvv

You had better get a copy of the policy and read it over -very- carefully
    You should also find out -exactly- how much your employer is contributing to the premium.

Sadly you live in Texas.
    You need to be aware that should your current illness (and its prognosis) be bad, job loss and loss of your insurance is quite possible and completely legal.

The issue here is cost
    If you really have had such terrible health and cholesterol levels to develop this disease so young, then your looking at possible lifetime costs exceeding $1,000,000 or even much more....
    Heart disease is treatable in most cases, but its very very expensive in this country.

Just wait until you see your bill for the procedure next week... you are in for a serious wake up call.

Make no mistake, most of those without the very best private insurance -die- from heart disease in this country...

then so be it at least when i die I know where im going, and ty tweaked
    BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3797
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 13:02:00 (permalink)
    maniacvvv
    candle_86
    maniacvvvIf you have developed this advanced disease at your age....  Stop smoking TODAY, stop drinking alcohol TODAY, lose weight starting TODAY, have a FULL blood workup and get started on Statins TODAY  Do all of the above and you will get alot more years under your belt.Be very glad that the new health care law will allow you to buy high end insurance -with- your pre-existing condition at NO EXTRA CHARGE You have a tough road ahead, get a platinum policy from the Texas ACA exchange.Cheap out, and your not going to be around to spend anything you save bro 

You had better get a copy of the policy and read it over -very- carefullyYou should also find out -exactly- how much your employer is contributing to the premium. Sadly you live in Texas.You need to be aware that should your current illness (and its prognosis) be bad, job loss and loss of your insurance is quite possible and completely legal. The issue here is costIf you really have had such terrible health and cholesterol levels to develop this disease so young, then your looking at possible lifetime costs exceeding $1,000,000 or even much more....Heart disease is treatable in most cases, but its very very expensive in this country. Just wait until you see your bill for the procedure next week... you are in for a serious wake up call. Make no mistake, most of those without the very best private insurance -die- from heart disease in this country...  
    Yeah especially when this ACA takes hold basically anyone who needs live saving treatment or anything else for that matter.
    post edited by BF3PRO - 2014/04/17 13:03:07

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 13:19:53 (permalink)
    well my insurance covers 50,000 of surgery and is a 1000 dollar deductible so my operation is partly covered  
    clo007
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5274
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 14:00:06 (permalink)
    My grandmother and my uncle on my dad's side both had aneurysms and died. Another uncle on my dad's side had an aneurysm and lived but now has the brain of a 3 year old.

Be relieved you caught it man.

maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 14:08:06 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    maniacvvv
    candle_86
    maniacvvvIf you have developed this advanced disease at your age....  Stop smoking TODAY, stop drinking alcohol TODAY, lose weight starting TODAY, have a FULL blood workup and get started on Statins TODAY  Do all of the above and you will get alot more years under your belt.Be very glad that the new health care law will allow you to buy high end insurance -with- your pre-existing condition at NO EXTRA CHARGE You have a tough road ahead, get a platinum policy from the Texas ACA exchange.Cheap out, and your not going to be around to spend anything you save bro 

You had better get a copy of the policy and read it over -very- carefullyYou should also find out -exactly- how much your employer is contributing to the premium. Sadly you live in Texas.You need to be aware that should your current illness (and its prognosis) be bad, job loss and loss of your insurance is quite possible and completely legal. The issue here is costIf you really have had such terrible health and cholesterol levels to develop this disease so young, then your looking at possible lifetime costs exceeding $1,000,000 or even much more....Heart disease is treatable in most cases, but its very very expensive in this country. Just wait until you see your bill for the procedure next week... you are in for a serious wake up call. Make no mistake, most of those without the very best private insurance -die- from heart disease in this country...  
    Yeah especially when this ACA takes hold basically anyone who needs live saving treatment or anything else for that matter.

Actually the ACA will save his life.
    Had this law not been passed, he would either NOT be offered a policy or would have had to pay $3000-$4000 a month in premiums.

Instead (because of the law) he can get a policy and not be denied because of his pre-existing condition. He also will not have to pay anything more than anyone else for the same policy.

And dont forget, he got so sick because he didn't have insurance. If he had had it, this would likely have not happened.

Everyone should have insurance and have access to a doctor, the ACA is the first step to make that a reality.
    This is a perfect example of why the law is a good thing and helps peoples lives.
    -----------------------------------

The practical alternative to the ACA and Medicare (offered by those who oppose universal healthcare) is to cut healthcare spending and leave those who do not have the money to pay.... to die, as that costs much less.

Everyone else makes universal healthcare work, at a cost that is -much- less the we currently pay in this country.
    Its the right thing to do, as it makes people healthier and costs less   

post edited by maniacvvv - 2014/04/17 14:09:35

BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3797
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 14:55:38 (permalink)
    Editing because someone is going to cry.
    post edited by BF3PRO - 2014/04/17 15:21:17

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8756
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 15:18:53 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    Another lie in fact the reason why countries like Britain has what they have is because of how much money we and other countries pump into their countries through aid and other funds.  Cut them off from that and they will realize how bad their system really is.  Our healthcare system while more expensive then others was still superior to others.  Anyone who actually believes the lies they have been fed by both sides well...  I pity them.

The American tax payer does not pay for the National Health Service.  That is like saying China pays for the U.S. medical system because they give the U.S. loans and the U.S. medical system is subsidised by taxes.....but really NO.

The U.S. system is one of the LEAST EFFICIENT system in the entire Western World.  Superior in what regard?  Efficiency?  No.  How about infant mortality rates?  No.  Life expectancy?  No.  Making a lot of companies a LOT of money?  Absolutely.

Nothing wrong with Universal health care at all.  If managed correctly like in Canada, the U.K., France, Norway, Finland, etc. etc., it works very well.  Having had two children born in the system and two surgeries myself, I can say it works very well indeed.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7192
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 17:21:31 (permalink)
    candle_86
    none the less im 27, this is problems of someone much older

That is pretty bad, Sorry to hear that.... However I think I take the ball on this one lol... I wasn't supposed to be at risk for HBP until my early 40's like my dad did, but I'm 22 years old stuck on a pill for life and even the pill can't control it well, or it controls it too much.

I WISH I could get operated and somehow fix the problem, But I can't. It's been 8 months and I haven't experienced a day without feeling the problems that HBP brings. Be happy it's fixable.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 18:23:17 (permalink)
    candle_86
    I went to the hospital today, and well i just got back, I was having serious chest pain, they did an xray and guess what, I've got a blood clot in my heart, they will need to operate next week to remove it so yay. Im to young for this stuff :(

With an x-ray they can find a blood clot in a heart?
    candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 18:48:02 (permalink)
    kram36
    candle_86

With an x-ray they can find a blood clot in a heart?

no they did other tests, pretty much i got the full workup done including the clot test, xray, and a few other scans in a big white tube lol
    candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 18:49:16 (permalink)
    maniacvvv
    BF3PRO
    maniacvvv
    candle_86

Actually the ACA will save his life.
    Had this law not been passed, he would either NOT be offered a policy or would have had to pay $3000-$4000 a month in premiums.

Instead (because of the law) he can get a policy and not be denied because of his pre-existing condition. He also will not have to pay anything more than anyone else for the same policy.

And dont forget, he got so sick because he didn't have insurance. If he had had it, this would likely have not happened.

Everyone should have insurance and have access to a doctor, the ACA is the first step to make that a reality.
    This is a perfect example of why the law is a good thing and helps peoples lives.
    -----------------------------------

The practical alternative to the ACA and Medicare (offered by those who oppose universal healthcare) is to cut healthcare spending and leave those who do not have the money to pay.... to die, as that costs much less.

Everyone else makes universal healthcare work, at a cost that is -much- less the we currently pay in this country.
    Its the right thing to do, as it makes people healthier and costs less   

please do not use my thread to promote something I can not stand, i have health care through my job, what i was offered on ACA was going to cost me a 5,000 dollar premium and 400 a month, im paying 60 a month with a 1000 dollar deductable because my job offers good health coverage, the ACA can kiss my you know what
    Baltothewolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3762
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 18:58:51 (permalink)
    Go to Mexico.
    Pay 2,000 for the surgery.
    Not lose life savings or be in debt for the rest of your life?
    *flips off obama*
    ?????
    Profit!!!!

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
    -7700HQ.
    -16GB RAM.
    -GTX 1070.
    -128GB SSD.
    -1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 19:48:03 (permalink)
    Candle86,
     and a few other scans in a big white tube lol

Did ya feel like you could control metal, aka Magneto, Afterwards? Just had my 2nd MRI last week, laughs..........
    candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/17 21:22:58 (permalink)
    lol no if i could id have most of the fry's inventory right now in my house :P
    clo007
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5274
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/20 08:48:58 (permalink)
    Baltothewolf
    Go to Mexico.
    Pay 2,000 for the surgery.
    Not lose life savings or be in debt for the rest of your life?
    *flips off obama*
    ?????
    Profit!!!!

Waking up with one less kidney too...priceless for someone else!

ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3429
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/20 13:01:05 (permalink)
    Sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers are with you... Happy Easter 

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
    candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: I'm to young for this 2014/04/21 21:41:54 (permalink)
    thanks, its kinda annoying having to stay in bed, but my family won't let me alone, they insist I lay in bed or sit in my chair, I'm not allowed to do anything for myself :(

Now I understand how old people feel lol
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile