RMA problem with 570

Author
dheerajram
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/04/17 03:33:48 (permalink)
Hi,
I had bought 570 card on May 31,2011 & registered on 6/6/11 (-AR lifetime warranty). It was actually bought by my friend in US from neweggs.com and brought it with him to me(with the seal), when he came to India (I'm living in India).

When I tried to register it using my Indian address, it said warranty is only 10 yrs. So I put my friend's address (US) and then it changed to lifetime warranty.

Now, the card stopped working and he is not planning to come to India in the recent future. I just swapped his address with mine then I saw only 3yrs warranty! And it's about to finish in a couple of months!

Technical support from evga suggested me to go for guest RMA in Asian site of evga. When it get replaced, I'm afraid my warranty will void after this May.

By the way, the problem with gpu is, it was getting stuck frequently with colorful strips and now it's not even showing desktop if it is in full hd resolution. I tested the problem with another computer also.

Will I get another card as replacement with same extension -AR so that I can get lifetime warranty In future when I can update the address as a US address?
And how to get that support ticket number?

2 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_JaesonW
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 910
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: RMA problem with 570 2014/04/17 07:44:32 (permalink)
    I'm sorry for the confusion about our warranties. Lifetime warranties are only valid in the US and Canada. Outside the US, it's based off the country you live in. I suggest contacting Asia Support to confirm what the exact warranty the card carries since it does vary region by region. You can email them at  supportTW@evga.com

EVGA Customer Service Manager
    Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: RMA problem with 570 2014/04/19 10:34:57 (permalink)

Moving to the Warranty Questions section.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile