Problems with my GTX 660 including driver crashes and random screens of color

Author
brettnicholas
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/04/18 20:50:59 (permalink)
Hey everyone,

So, I purchased my GTX 660 in February. It worked great for about a month and then after a driver update the drivers began to crash. In addition, the screen would randomly turn a color (often pink for whatever reason) and then the computer would become unresponsive. I would need to power down the computer and reboot to be able to continue with anything.
So, I sent my graphics card back to EVGA for an RMA and installed the new card today. I did a clean install of Windows 7 to be safe, installed the latest drivers and... the same result. The drivers are crashing and the screen is turning colors.
So, at this point, I'm not sure what to do. Could it be an issue with another component? I'm beginning to assume so. If so, which one, or how do I begin to test to determine which component it is?
Thank you for any help. This problem has really left me without any place to progress

1 Reply Related Threads

mojman2001
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 306
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Problems with my GTX 660 including driver crashes and random screens of color 2014/04/18 22:17:18 (permalink)
    I would do a stress test on video card and if you have way to test the video card in another system. I would try that an see if you get the same results.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile