Crunching@EVGA Co-Captains List and questions

Author
Viper97
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5208
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 11
2014/04/17 09:25:27 (permalink)
It's been brought to my attention that we really don't know who the Co-Captains are for the team other than word of mouth.

Here's what I've been able to reconstruct from reading past posts.

Co-Captains:

RHMash
LinuxRouter
mflanga/Horvat - This may need to be rectified
Viper97

Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I know mflanga and Horvat were subbing for each other when they were both swamped with life issues and new things going on.  Are you two still active and interested?

Linuxrouter I know stays busy and checks in on occassion as does RHMash... question is are you still willing to be involved?  No problems if you do just want to know.

Have we reached that juncture in time when we need to rethink the co-captain positions?  New people etc.?  It's not that it's a difficult role to fill but I'm concerned that participation by the co-captains has declined and as a result we may need to figure out a way to bring some life to the party.

Suggestions as always are welcome. 

4 Replies Related Threads

claytonwilliams
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 151
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Crunching@EVGA Co-Captains List and questions 2014/04/17 09:39:45 (permalink)
    just courious, I have been following the other thread and this seemed like the better place to ask, what are the co-captians responsibilitys and or job? i was confused when it was said that a team member should not be chosen for a position. I am not sure or nigh have found a team ranking or anything. I didn't think there was any sorta thing on evga crunching till the [H] post.

Viper97
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5208
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Crunching@EVGA Co-Captains List and questions 2014/04/17 10:18:13 (permalink)
    I answered in a PM... trying to keep the noise down here so I can get this thought discussed.   Hope my PM helps!

Punchy
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2969
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Crunching@EVGA Co-Captains List and questions 2014/04/17 10:57:28 (permalink)
    Once upon a time (November 2011?), Afterburner started a thread on captains, and basically by consensus the team picked 2 captains (linuxrouter and RHMash) and 2 co-captains (Afterburner and Punchy).  Some time after that, AB and I stepped down, and Viper97, mflanaga, and Horvat stepped in, with the last 2 splitting time as Viper mentioned (mflanaga for 2 months, then Horvat to take over).  I think the intent of so many positions was to have backup for when life got in the way, but the captains were to take the lead with co-captains as backup.

I think it's reasonable to refresh those positions every year or two as people's lives and interests change.  It is a bit difficult to discuss whether change is needed without discussing what exactly people in those roles are or should be doing, though.  One of the main functions back then was to create our team name for various BOINC projects, and that work has dropped significantly.  Maybe we could look for more specific roles like contest organizers (internal and external), etc.
    post edited by Punchy - 2014/04/17 11:11:10

RHMash
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1117
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Crunching@EVGA Co-Captains List and questions 2014/04/17 16:50:54 (permalink)
    I'm not ignoring this, or any PMs.  Going to be away for the weekend, hoping my system comes out of this funk and gets tasks other than gpu....

I'll add in my thoughts, when I get the time....
    But, at this point, I throw in a second to creating different positions other than simply captains.  Even if some of these positions are mostly honorary ones.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile