EVGA

A question for Shield/Note ownsers??

Author
eclein
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/04/17 12:22:13 (permalink)
I own a tn7, and wondering if I should grab a Shield before the sale ends??
If you only had one or the other which would you buy now knowing what both will do?
I'm really concerned about buying a Shield and then next week a Shield 2 is discovered
or a new K-note comes out....its a roll of the dice at best I know but is the Shield that good
at a $199 price its worth it?? Thanks folks..

5 Replies Related Threads

fm123
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 131
    Re: A question for Shield/Note ownsers?? 2014/04/17 15:25:16 (permalink)
    Are you mostly streaming games? If not I would wait for the more powerful K1 model.
    eclein
    Re: A question for Shield/Note ownsers?? 2014/04/18 07:20:57 (permalink)
    I'm just considering it for the android gaming, but your right its too close to refresh time. I got lucky with my note 7 and have had no issues so far. The K1 note has gotta be close I'd think so nvidia can get folks pumped about the new chip.
    Fiv3Score
    • Total Posts : 44
    Re: A question for Shield/Note ownsers?? 2014/04/19 19:13:30 (permalink)
    If just android gaming keep your TN7 and pick up a controller if needed. I won a Shield from NVIDIA and sold it after playing around with it a few weeks. Its a great device, but for the most part, touch screen android games are a lot better on the TN7's bigger screen. I'd pick the TN7 for movies, music, etc. as well. Stylus support is a real bonus for me.

There are a few Shield exclusive games, so keep that in mind. Also nvidia's cloud gaming beta is free for the time being, if your wireless is fast enough and you live close enough to their servers. I tried it and it works perfectly. 

I'd skip the current Shield and wait for the K1 versiom or Tablet. Use your TN7 in the meantime. Just my opinion ;)
    eclein
    Re: A question for Shield/Note ownsers?? 2014/04/21 20:05:38 (permalink)
    You just convinced me to chill, play with the note, and see what comes out next.
    rchrdcrg
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 105
    Re: A question for Shield/Note ownsers?? 2014/05/01 05:06:33 (permalink)
    That's been my thinking as well... a friend gave me his Galaxy Note 2, so I've been using that instead of carting around both my old phone and my TN7, so my TN7 doesn't see much action except as a gaming device. My plan is to hold on to it until the K1 Shield is released, sell the tablet, and get the Shield. I have a perfectly good phone now for playing touchscreen-based games, and I'm sick of the finicky nature of my Moga Pro, so I'd much rather have something where everything needed for gaming is fully integrated. I'm also bummed that Console Mode hasn't been added to the TN7... I primarily leave it hooked up to my TV for playing games, and having to get up and fiddle with the touchscreen all the time is a genuine pain, so I'd rather have a device that is 100% for gaming, not just gaming-focused with other features. I'm also hoping they fit a 6" screen in the new Shield since I'd find it aggravating to have a handheld system with a screen smaller than my phone.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile