EVGA

Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery!

Author
Gold Leader
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3939
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 62
2014/04/12 21:55:00 (permalink)
Hai all

Yesterday, on Friday April 11, 2014; that was such a nice day! So my parents and I went to the Keukenhof in Lisse, The Netherlands
Which is here:
http://www.keukenhof.nl/en/

Anyways Here my gallery of photo's I took while I was there, this topic will be quite long but I hope worth the read & look  

After the entrance I took a left run and saw this as first sight:

And the smell were created by these ping Hyacinths as many other colored ones in the park:

After this we had come coffee and walked towards the Beatrix Orchid Gallery, which was in my opinion the most beautiful of the entire park, as an Orchid fan myself I obviously bought an Orchid there as well xDDDD 

So after entering the Beatrix Orchid Gallery, this is what you get to see:

And these were the first ones that caught my attention xD   

Then these were seen on the right across them pink ones:

And the further I looked the more I saw, just amazingly awesome, no better description I could find for it all     

But this was just the beginning rofl xD 

Then I saw these!

Then these!

And these were next to those:

Everywhere where I looked Orchids Orchids ORCHIDS xDDD tons of them!       

One nicer than the other!    

Seek the reflection xD   

These were placed in square crate with mirror glass walls giving you an endless momentum of white orchids xD    Which can mess with your brain if you stare in it too long rofl!  

Some flowers were really massive like these white ones:

Here a closeup of one   

Here the other side of that carriage, justsooo nice!       

These dark ping spotted ones really caught my attention, just stunning in all ways!       

These these Lila colored once, oh my!      

Their plants incl roots look like this, no soil, nothing, just the plants themselves, quite amazing actually:

Not many plans can grow without soil heh.

Here a nice pic I took of two variations of Pink orchids

Then behind them pink ones was this hanging type with brownish colored flowers, an interesting one none the less!

On the opposite side stood this lot!     

They gave a summer feeling to mind as their color schemes went:

Like these all them red color patterns, just amazed me from what is even possible!

Or these golden yellow orange ones!

These would probably only grow in tropical places, just how they look like, never seen anything like them before!     

Here one the shape of a star, just stunning for word to even describe!!!!

Behind them tropical ones were this lot...just so niiice xDDDDD

I really loved them deep pink ones, so vivid of color!  

Then there was the tuns of Orchids, I was just shocked to amazed of the view of this! This is what you get when you look through it       

Soooooo niiice and sooo many too!!!!!       

Left from that were these

Up close they look like this, so many textures and colors, just amazed me

These could be seen next to them     

This is the entire lot of this side, just awesome looking!       

At the left rear corner of the Beatrix Orchid Gallery Hall were these deep pink colored orchids

From here I walked all the way back to where I have entered the compound rofl xD        
So here is what I saw along the way!       

These large pink lily like orchids:

Here the entire lot     

Then these lovely Miltonia's! They smelled lovely too!!!       

After those this lovely display with them branches   

Then this lovely lot, the orchids they just came  and came, so many of them!!!       

After that Dad and i Went up some stairs that lead towards the ceiling of the Beatrix Orchids Gallery   
And from there I could make very nice top shots of the complex orchid display!

Here the Orchid Tunnel from above, showing everything else from the rear section of the Beatrix Orchid Gallery 

And here from the Entrance section of this great gallery, showing a massing ring of white orchids hanging above everything down there! Just amazing!

Right of that you could see the pot of dark & light Pink Orchids, which were these:

After this we went down the stairs and went right, we then walked towards these interesting Lily like orchids:

Here a close up of on of the green ones:

One of two different yellow ones:

One of the white ones

And the other yellow one

And the last ones I saw were these, still a lovely sight ya know!     

And that were all the orchids of the Beatrix Orchid Gallery!      
post edited by Gold Leader - 2014/04/12 22:03:02

19 Replies Related Threads

Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/12 21:59:44 (permalink)
    So after the Beatrix Orchid Gallery, we left the compound from the centre left door and waled towards the depth s of the park it's self

A lot of trees like these Meidoorn & Apple tree's showed their beauty  

And here a lone apple tree, to which i think it was:

After that we headed to the left to a wind mil, dad and I climbed it mum stayed downstairs on a bench :)
    And when up this is what could be see:

The Tulip farm fields of Lisse, not many were on blossom though, ah well better than nothing  

So after that we took two right turns and entered the Japanese garden area, where lots of these Japanese Cherry trees were showing their great beauty      

Here an other Japanese Cherry Tree with it's blossom, in combination with some Bamboo and other plants

And from here you can view through the Japanese garden it's self towards the south:

We then left the Japanese gardens and I made this shot along the way:

Lots of such lanes could be seen at Keukenhof

We walked on to the centre of the mark and there I saw these lovely garden patches:

Here you can see that the outer grass outline is darker and of a different type than the grass used in the centre area's :)

I crouched on a bridge and leaned on it's railing and made this shot of endless daffodils xD

The sun also neatly penetrated the centre area, which left a very cool looking effect

We walked on towards the south and more Tulip garden patches popped up:

From pink to red tulips:

And we saw more nice looking flower patterns:

This garden is truly a piece of art  

Hyacinths, Tulips and Daffodils

Here the sun also penetrated the centre area leaving me to make the perfect shot again

Here we neared the central compound named Willem Alexander, lots of flower wonders in there too!      

After entering Willem Alexander compound I panned to me left and saw this:

Then to the right and this could be seen:

This place was enormous! 
    And in the centre of the entrance was this yellow flowered shrub

So after walking towards the front left we came across this beauty!

Here a closeup, light & Dark pink, always a great combination!       

Here a closeup of a Tulipa Double Flaming Parrot flower:

Here the rest of them with the nameplate:

We walked onwards through this Tulip/Daffodil/Lily Gallery and this is what we saw as we pushed onwards towards the centre of the Willem Alexander Gallery:

Colors everywhere, where ever you looked, just amazing! 

From the left of that I saw these pink ones, so rich in color, just brilliant!       

Right across those were these rose like tulips:

We walked onwards and we just saw more and more, all sorts and sizes ad so many colors, just amazed us all!

Everyone was in their own little world, making pics & video's and discussing the flowers and such, so cool to see so many hobbyists doing their thing!   

Here a closeup I made of an alien looking Tulipa Cummins

Here the entire lot including the name plate:

Here the Willem Alexander Art Gallery:

Here a painting of people in a Tulip fiery style  

And here a landscape if covered with various colored tulips, a unique idea:

This Art gallery wasn't large it was in the centre of the complex, we pushed onwards towards the Restaurrant t the end of the Willem Alexander Flower Gallery.

Here the first Water Lilies we came across:

There were various sizes, colors types and different smells as well like these white ones:

And like these pink ones:

Or like these xD Gotta love them red stripes on them from the centre 8)Such striking colors there     

And while panning from the right of these these Tulips also stole the show

After those I looked to the right and saw this beautiful colored and textured lily with striking and vivid dark red colors:

left of those where these orange & yellow ones:

After those were these before we entered the restaurant e:)Daffodils that looked like roses!

After exiting the restaurant, which was at the end of the Willem Alexander Gallery compound, we ventured forth towards the southen side of the park, so much more we say, the colours got more vivid and packed with detail!

Like this lot with the Hyacinths in the centre!

And left from that were this lot:

Further up along the left side where these, in front of a flower workshop:

A very neat combination of Purple Tulips and white mini daffodils

opposite of those was this tree and beyond it many more things of pure beauty:

Here that same tree taken from the other side of it:

Left from that tree was this colorful flower patch:

And right from that you got the feeling f being in a world of flowers of all sorts kinds and so on, it created an endless feeling here.

Right from that these tree's   

opposite of those trees was this pond and rows of tulips growing along side it

After that we walked onward and to the left was this lovely bow if flame like tulips:

Further up on the left I took this shot,which was just in front of the Oranje Nassau complex:

And panning off to the right were these:

Opposite of those were this lot:

This made you look towards the north-west of the park

The Oranje Nassau Complex had a display of a variety of roses, they also held workshops there.
    Here a bunch of pink roses:

And lots of red roses!

Here a closeup of them red roses, the details do show their high pristine qualities! 

From all the ditched stolen bikes that were thrown in the canals of Amsterdam xD
    They were cleaned out and painted red for this display, well not all of them, but some where xD 

After exiting the Oranje Nassau complex, we entered it's back yard garden :) And I came across this sunny lot:

And after those were these looking back towards the Oranje Nassau complex:

After those to the right were these Pink colored Tulips:

After crossing a small bridge these could be seen on the right a mix of white and pink tulips, gave a very nice effect:

We walked on and found these, the purple, blue, white and pink color shades gave a very stunning combination!

This too gave a striking red look xD   Vivid red tulips anyone?  

Here a girl stolling up a path of rocky stairs that lead up a hill of color!

And here the last image

And that is where my camera's battery died haha, ah well not much to miss after this, I took most pics at the right nick of time anyway
    Many thanks for reading the topic and replying to it  

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10347
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 01:25:45 (permalink)
    That is some very nice photography Gold Leader! I bet it looked even nicer in person. Thanks for sharing, good job!
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102447
    • Ribbons : 85
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 02:02:14 (permalink)
    What camera did you use for those photos?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4805
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 02:46:24 (permalink)
    WOW my internet was so slow loading all those photos. But I bet it smells good in there and easy to breath because all those flowers, trees, and bushes filtering out the air. If you have allergies then thats a bummer.

Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 02:48:03 (permalink)
    Hey all 

Well for starters many thanks for your replies the camera I used was the best hand held Digital camera of 2003 in my country, it's the Sony CyberShot DSC-V3, here a good review of it:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscv3

No Tripods or photoshop were used, I prefer real photography of fake edited stuff anyway
    post edited by Gold Leader - 2014/04/13 02:50:01

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102447
    • Ribbons : 85
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 03:00:43 (permalink)
    For a 10 year old camera the pic colors are more than excellent.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 03:04:09 (permalink)

Very nice photos. Nice to see you get out with the parents. LOL.       =)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 03:21:27 (permalink)
    rjohnson11

Many thanks rjohnson11
    Oh yeah they sure are and I  still don't feel the need to buy a new camera, this camera was 970 Euro's in 2003 when my dad bought it via his work which was Recontec BV, which is now from Belfor GmbH.
    It's that I am so used to working with this camera, it still does everything I want it to

XrayMan

Very nice photos. Nice to see you get out with the parents. LOL.       =)

Many thanks XrayMan
    Yeah we had a wonderful time, I always go where my parents can take me and it's something I want to enjoy as long as it is still possible for them to take me to places

post edited by Gold Leader - 2014/04/13 04:18:57

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 03:22:34 (permalink)
    rjohnson11

For real. That is some nice colors and picture taking. I bet his pictures would look even better if I had and IPS panel instead of this TN monitor to really brighten things up.

Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 03:32:02 (permalink)
    The panels I use are HP ZR24w's man, 24" HS-IPS Panels They have an aspect ratio of 16:10 and do 1920 x 1200, just nice
    But yes S-PVA is still the way to go, Dell, HP & EIZO are the leaders of S-PVA panels, they cost a lot but you get a lot for your money though

When these HP ZR24w's were released, they were about 1200 euro a piece, so I just waited two years and got them for lot cheaper 
    540 Euro for the first one and 480 for the second one
    post edited by Gold Leader - 2014/04/13 04:12:30

knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 04:51:52 (permalink)
    GL, didnt forget ur Claritin did ya?

Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 05:02:23 (permalink)
    Sorry I do not know what that is

jeffro66
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6912
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 06:12:15 (permalink)
    one word   awesome

case;Phanteks Enthoo 719 High Performance Full Tower  i9-12900ks MSI MPG Z690 CARBON WIFI kingston fury beast 64gig rgb ddr5
     lian li 360b galahad aio
     ,Nvidia RTX4090 FE
    ,super flower 1000 platinium power supply,wd black M.2 2TB NVMe,windows11 -LG ultragear 38 inch ips monitor 
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 07:54:04 (permalink)
    Gold Leader
    The panels I use are HP ZR24w's man, 24" HS-IPS Panels They have an aspect ratio of 16:10 and do 1920 x 1200, just nice
    But yes S-PVA is still the way to go, Dell, HP & EIZO are the leaders of S-PVA panels, they cost a lot but you get a lot for your money though

When these HP ZR24w's were released, they were about 1200 euro a piece, so I just waited two years and got them for lot cheaper 
    540 Euro for the first one and 480 for the second one

WOW 1200 Euros is $1666!! But then you said you paid 540 Euros for one which is $750 US dollars. That's to expensive for a 24 inch 1920x1200 monitor for that much. Especially it being an HP display. I would agree with the price if it was for a 27-30 inch display that has res of 2560x1400.

Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 08:22:43 (permalink)
    Well these are not your everyday IPS panels these are HS-IPS panels which have a backlit HS-IPS panel, these cost extra as the image quality is evry close to that of S-PVA and since I do photography and I don't have room for anything bigger than 24" I will always take a 1200p screen over a 1080p one, I myself am never fond of them 16:9 aspect ratio based screens 9 our of 10 are cheaper built TN panels, okay for gaming, but bad for photography, HD Video editing & real time Flight & Ship Simulations.

I always prefer quality over quantity, HP does have high quality panels when it comes to their HS-IPS panel class, Dell & EIZO are the other choices, they did not have the resolution & aspect ratio I was seeking for a 24" panel.

If I had more room I'd go for a 30" display 2560 x 1600 for me, I could not live with 2560 x 1440, just the aspect ratio, I can't stand 16:9, sorry, I am just used to work with 16:10, never missing them extra pixels vertical res wise So yer in that sense I always prefer the real deal, 16:10 is the real deal monitor wise not 16:9

And an other thing if a screen is 540 USD in USA here in the Netherlands it's 540 Euro or even more, we pay also 21% VAT and in The Netherlands the Taxes of every non food item is 3.91% higher than any other country throughout the world.

You always pay the big price here, but oh well it's just the way things are you live in The Netherlands the Wealth & Health Care is the best in the world, but you shall always pay the big price for non food items, but I can live with it, leaves me little choice not to

post edited by Gold Leader - 2014/04/13 08:25:26

z3r0t0l0rence
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9599
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 11:37:51 (permalink)
    So beautiful.  I wish my grandparents and mom would of taken me when I was younger.  I have family spread all over the Netherlands.  I know if and when I finally do get the chance to go that I may not come back to the U.S. ! 

Hanging above my rig on the wall! 

Thank you for sharing these pics.  I really enjoy seeing all the beautiful sites around the Netherlands.

i7 930 OC 4.21 
    EVGA E758 
    GSkill 12GB
    Evga GTX 780 SC
    2x Kingston 240 Raid 0
    2x Seagate 4TB

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 17:48:41 (permalink)
    Nice, If only I could travel.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

clo007
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5274
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 20:12:40 (permalink)
    Gold Leader
    Sorry I do not know what that is

A Claritin is an allergy pill. I would have had to take one before I went there b/c the pollen would make my allergies go nuts. lovely photos. Since you have such a love for orchids, I bet you felt like a kid in a candy store.

Reminds me of when I went to this garden in the middle of LA. They had a room full of orchids

post edited by clo007 - 2014/04/13 20:14:13

Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Keukenhof, Lisse, The Netherlands, April 11, 2014, My Gallery! 2014/04/13 22:35:34 (permalink)
    z3r0t0l0rence
    So beautiful.  I wish my grandparents and mom would of taken me when I was younger.  I have family spread all over the Netherlands.  I know if and when I finally do get the chance to go that I may not come back to the U.S. ! 

Hanging above my rig on the wall! 

Thank you for sharing these pics.  I really enjoy seeing all the beautiful sites around the Netherlands.

Hah very nice, well of you do plan on coming back, be sure to pop by my place xDDDDDD We can have a LAN here with my Dual Opterons xD
    Btw scroll your mouse up and down over that flag photo, it looks kinda creepy then xDDDDD 
    bcavnaugh
    Nice, If only I could travel.

Aww thanks, maybe some time in the future?

clo007
    A Claritin is an allergy pill. I would have had to take one before I went there b/c the pollen would make my allergies go nuts. lovely photos. Since you have such a love for orchids, I bet you felt like a kid in a candy store.

Reminds me of when I went to this garden in the middle of LA. They had a room full of orchids

Ah yes, I see 
    But noes I am not allergic to flowers nor plants of any kind 
    Them Orchids was it all for me though, I have 22 Orchids myself now, bought my 22nd from there of course xD
    post edited by Gold Leader - 2014/04/14 03:16:30

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile